PDA

View Full Version : Ranger/Rogue hybrid

Xan
2008-08-13, 04:01 PM
I'm making an Urban Ranger who I would eventually like to make into an Assassin type. Assassin must be evil, though, so I'm looking using Slayer of Domiel. Only problem is the 3d6 Sneak Attack requirement, which needs more levels of Rogue than I want to take. Is there any feat that will let levels of Rogue and Ranger stack for purposes of Sneak Attack so I could only take one level of Rogue instead of five?

Eldariel
2008-08-13, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately, there's no official feat to combine the classes. It would be a perfectly logical combo, but with Swift Hunter, I figure Wizards considered Rogue/Ranger too similar to Scout/Ranger. You could take two feats from "Tome of Battle" (or some Binder-feats, or Magic of Incarnum-feats I recall) - one Martial Study in any Shadow Hand-maneuver and one Martial Stance in Assassin's Stance (it gives you 2d6 extra Sneak Attack and since it's your only stance, you can remain in it all the time). The problem with this idea of course is that you'd need to have an Initiator Level high enough for the stance (the stance is level 3, and thus requires Initiator Level 5, which requires 10 levels in non-Initiator classes).

The other option is to multiclass in similar classes; Ninja's Sudden Strike qualifies as Sneak Attack, so a level of Ninja + a level of Rogue = 2d6 "Sneak Attack". Add 1d6 Sneak Attack from Spellthief and you can qualify with mere 3 levels.