PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign Action Plan: Hunter Gatherer

imp_fireball
2008-08-13, 07:42 PM
I've got an idea for a fairly freeform campaign that involves the PCs all being a part of the same tribe.

The nature of the tribe will be dominated by a race most akin to survival in that region. Ie. Orcs, Human rangers, etc.

Class skills will be very essential in the campaign, and the PCs must effectively work to further the goals of the tribe. Challenges will be discovered. Not much is known about the outside world, considering the tribe has to work to get by each day, regardless, and so all sorts of things lay to be 'discovered' as it were. New enemies and allies are to be made, new concepts are to be learned, inventions to be made, armies to be raised, environments to be discovered, resources to be exploited, food to be maintained, etc.

The PCs can even come up with a name and cultural leaning for their tribe (if they were previously outcasts/stone age dwellers of forgotten civilizations past, etc.). Backstabbing PCs can find other tribes to join, however they must solo it until they come across somebody else willing to assist them in staying alive (at GM discretion of me). Level 1 is a good starting level, considering the tribe may be mostly dwelling denizens who must learn to simply 'get by' in life. Ideally, an outside event may occur that kicks off the campaign.

Much of the development will be focused on mapping the world and the details in which the PCs are lain about. Enemy civilizations who see you as barbarians may exist nearby, magic is prevalent but lays relatively undiscovered (wizards can use class skills to make new discoveries, ie.), etc.

Anyone up for PEACHing this, and/or fleshing it out with me?

And I may need someone else to help write this up and perhaps co-GM (hopefully to make this somewhat larger then just a single party always huddling together).