PDA

View Full Version : Nosebleeds

Myshlaevsky
2008-08-14, 04:53 AM
Just looking for a bit of help here. I had a blocked nose yesterday, which was much worse when I woke up this morning. A couple of minutes ago I sneezed and the whole thing, uh, kind of gave. There was lots of blood up there - I wasn't bleeding, though. There was no sign of a nosebleed when I woke up.

Is it possible I had a nosebleed while asleep, and that the flow of blood was blocked?

dish
2008-08-14, 05:13 AM
Yeah, probably just a minor one. Nothing to worry about (unless it starts happening a lot more often).

Charity
2008-08-14, 05:48 AM
Were there any white brainy looking bits in it?

PS - forums are bad places to look for medical or legal advice... trust me I'm a doctor.

Myshlaevsky
2008-08-14, 05:53 AM
Heh. Thankfully, no.

I'm not really looking for advice, I'm just curious as to whether this was the case or not. It was pretty wierd to sneeze and then see blood.

Thanks for the replies, in any case.

Cubey
2008-08-14, 06:18 AM
Did you feel, ahem, excited recently? We all know it causes nosebleeds.

Khanderas
2008-08-14, 06:26 AM
Did you feel, ahem, excited recently? We all know it causes nosebleeds.
I know what you are thinking of, and the only way that could bring a nosebleed is if you wang was about a meter long, sharp and extended straight up your nose.
:smallwink::smallredface:

Crow
2008-08-14, 01:41 PM
Was the blood that came out when you sneezed thick and dark, followed by normal blood? If so, you probably had a nosebleed sometime while you were asleep. If not, you may have been blowing your nose too hard (or too often). I sometimes get nosebleeds from that when I'm sick.

Myshlaevsky
2008-08-14, 04:44 PM
Is it possible I had a nosebleed while asleep, and that the flow of blood was blocked?

Yeah, that was the case - I thought that had probably happened as well, but just wanted to check. Thanks anyway, though.

Oh, and *facepalm* to the other stuff.

mockingbyrd7
2008-08-14, 04:58 PM
Were there any white brainy looking bits in it?

PS - forums are bad places to look for medical or legal advice... trust me I'm a doctor.

You can trust me, too. I've seen doctors on TV!

Myshlaevsky
2008-08-14, 05:02 PM
You can trust me, too. I've seen doctors on TV!

That just reminds me of this (http://www.lucid-tv.com/).

burninnapalm
2008-08-15, 12:58 AM
you know, this sounds like a nose bleed i had... i had surgury for a deviated septum. then i started getting nose bleeds in the winter. one time, i had a nose bleed, it stopped, but then i coughed and out comes this huge glob of dark squishy stuff and my nose bleed for like 2 hours... i went to the hospital after 30 mins... but i almost passed out from blood loss.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-15, 02:14 AM
In the past year or so, I've had terrible nosebleeds for four or five days in a row out of every month. That's right, my head is a woman and has a period.

Khanderas
2008-08-15, 02:15 AM
In the past year or so, I've had terrible nosebleeds for four or five days in a row out of every month. That's right, my head is a woman and has a period.
Pads prolly won't work very well, but tampons might :smallbiggrin:

Leper_Kahn
2008-08-15, 09:30 AM

I too get a lot of bloody noses and when I get them when I'm sick I get huge amounts of "blood build up" during the night. It all comes out the next morning... Or not >.< which is far worse.

Phae Nymna
2008-08-15, 02:01 PM
Anything causing a spike in blood pressure can initiate a nose bleed. Including arousal. (Can you imagine how embarrassing that could be?)

Trust me, I have tourniquets and surgical equipment.

Om
2008-08-15, 02:12 PM
In the past year or so, I've had terrible nosebleeds for four or five days in a row out of every month. That's right, my head is a woman and has a period.I assume that you have a) seen a doctor (Charity doesn't count), and b) stopped picking your nose?

SurlySeraph
2008-08-15, 04:02 PM
Heh. Reminds me of wrestling nosebleeds. I've gotten a couple that just would not stop.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-08-15, 07:25 PM
I assume that you have a) seen a doctor (Charity doesn't count), and b) stopped picking your nose?

Well, I'm glad that it was not me that said that. someone had to!

Collin152
2008-08-15, 07:37 PM
Anything causing a spike in blood pressure can initiate a nose bleed. Including arousal. (Can you imagine how embarrassing that could be?)

Actually, that would probably get me royal status amongst my friends for turning a manga concept into reality.

Also, overuse of psychic powers causes nosebleeds. Stop trying to read Haitian minds.

Myshlaevsky
2008-08-15, 07:38 PM
Actually, that would probably get me royal status amongst my friends for turning a manga concept into reality.

I'd have you shot. :smalltongue:

Also, overuse of psychic powers causes nosebleeds. Stop trying to read Haitian minds.

Why Haitian, specifically?

EDIT: To the post below... I have the power!

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 07:38 PM
Wow... when I read this, I got a nosebleed. Wierd...

Collin152
2008-08-15, 07:39 PM
I'd have you shot. :smalltongue:

Why? I'd make a good royal.

Why Haitian, specifically?
Clearly you've never seen Heroes.

Myshlaevsky
2008-08-15, 07:42 PM
Why? I'd make a good royal.

Clearly you've never seen Heroes.

I've not, but I do now know. Thanks.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-15, 07:49 PM
Once I got a nosebleed from sneezing to hard, and covering my nose while doing it.
In the middle of a play.

Luckily, it cleared up right before the marriage scene.

burninnapalm
2008-08-16, 06:40 PM

Actually, i know someone where this is a possablity... she has very week nose walls in the first place for some reason, and her nose randomly bleeds when her and her BF are kissing. not all of the time, but it is still possible. you know... lucky for both of them that when they *ahem* they dont consider it good unless they both bleed.