PDA

View Full Version : Prayers & Hopes In the Playground

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-14, 12:32 PM
Ok, don't recall if there is anything like this, but if you have any problems or anything and would like someone to be thinking of you or anyone else feel free to post here.

This doesn't have to be religious or anything if you don't want it to, can just wish folks in here the best. Nor do you have to specify if you don't like.

Be sure to let us know how things went, if only for the good or bad.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-14, 12:39 PM
I'll start by saying a few minutes ago my best friend in the world let me know she was about to be taken to the hospital. She's been having strange periods of numbness all morning and she thinks she may be having a stroke.

She had one several years ago and it rendered her partially paralyzed on one side and has had bad problems with her memory. She's only of late regained most of her control over her side, but is still bad with her memory.

One of her daughters in the meantime has come down with really bad strep throat PLUS the flu, and has had a 102+ temp for 5 days which the medicine doesn't seem to be helping and they're taking her to the hospital with her mom.

Her other daughter, and also my best friend, is out of state right now and may be driving down to be with her mom and sister, so I'm praying for her a safe trip.

Would be very thankful for anyone who will keep them in their thoughts and prayers.

Shadow
2008-08-14, 12:45 PM
I'll definitely keep them in my thoughts VT.

And unfortunately I have one of my own.

My newly wedded cousin Amber is pregnant. The child has ??? (don't remember the name) where his intestines are outside of his body in the womb.
It's a relatively simple procedure to fix it after birth, but it is not entirely without risks, obviously.

The birth is still be a few months away, but keeping her in your thoughts would be appreciated.

AKA_Bait
2008-08-14, 01:09 PM
You both got it. If you want to give me names and such PM me and I can have them added to the prayer list at the church my mom is pastor of.

Player_Zero
2008-08-14, 01:12 PM
Me?

I am the man who will become the pirate king.

Zar Peter
2008-08-14, 03:02 PM
VT and Shadow, my thought's are with your loved ones!

Durp
2008-08-14, 03:03 PM
My best friend is in the hospital because his house burned down, and he was scorched on his shoulder very badly.

faerwain
2008-08-16, 12:48 PM
Best wishes to all of them and hoping for a quick recovery.

SurlySeraph
2008-08-16, 02:06 PM
I'll keep them in my prayers, Vorpal, Shadow, and Durp.

DeathQuaker
2008-08-16, 02:10 PM
Will hold you all in the Light.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-08-16, 04:49 PM
It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway. Those that need my prayers and hopes have them. I have already received as much from the masses, and so returning it is merely an investment of the heart. Such a sentiment is passed on in my sig with two simple words: Be well. :smallsmile:

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-17, 09:59 PM
Thanks all! As an update my friend Debbie wasn't having a stroke though they're not sure why she's going numb. Heading to a neurologist next week. Also, her daughter is now over the flu, though had to give her some ridiculously nuclear powered antibiotics which finally is killing off the strep.

And Shadow, Durp, you got it.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-17, 10:16 PM
I wish those with predcitaments luck, and that they be well - VT & Shadow's friends/relatives, specifically.

Sorry to hear about your friend's House, Durp, I wish him the best in getting back on his feet.

PZ: Good luck with that Piracy thing in this modern age.
VERY good luck.

~As for me:
Please, please, please, Mr. Tropical Cyclone, go west, more? I don't want to stand TC Watch this weekend!

DrowVampyre
2008-08-17, 11:24 PM
I'm not very good at the prayer thing, but my hopes are with you all.

I have a few of my own, too, I'm afraid. My mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily it was caught early enough that her chances are good, but it's still scary, as her mother, my grandmother, died of cancer just last year. So any thoughts or prayers for her full and quick recovery would be greatly appreciated.

For myself...I feel foolish asking for this, when it's not a life threatening danger or anything, but...I was born into a wrong-gendered body...I've never been happy with my physical self, and because of it I've never been able to be happy with my life as a whole, so...if any of you can somehow work miracles...I'd adore you forever if you could get me a female body... >_> <_< :smallredface:

Jokerz
2008-08-18, 12:31 AM
Okay, this takes a little explaining. My Mom's cousin moved to our house when we were little, and was taken care of us since she was a teen. The moved, went to college, and married a wonderful husband, got pregnant, bought lots of baby clothes for their baby girl- and had a miscarriage. It happeded about a month ago, but she's still hurting. A lot. Please keep her in your thoughts!:smallfrown:

Vella_Malachite
2008-08-18, 04:28 AM
I will be thinking of everyone I can remember to think of as often as possible.

For myself, I have a friend who is having some legal trouble with an aunt and uncle refusing to give back their rightful property. We're all hoping they succeed the court case.

And for a happy note, a prayer from us that has been answered: My aunt and uncle were having trouble having children because my aunt had a condition that meant she opened up too early and bacteria got in. She had several miscarriages and now, thanks to science, has a new baby girl. Keep up hope everyone, miracles happen! :smallsmile:

Kuma Da
2008-08-18, 04:43 AM
Agnostic as I am, this is still a great goodwill thread. My non-denominational/true-neutral prayers are with all of you, as is a little bit of psychology: stay positive. That way if an opportunity to help pops up, you'll see it.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-08-18, 07:16 AM
My sisters going through some psychological problems at the moment, I'm very worried about her and too scared to go into details.

Trog
2008-08-18, 08:36 AM
Oh man I hope my laptop isn't totally dead. Gonna try and run a repair disk on it tonight. And if it is dead I hope it is still under warranty. And I hope they can retreive the documents on there. I had two DnD adventures on there not to mention countless other stuff.

*hopes* :smallsigh: