PDA

View Full Version : You computer-savy people, I need HEEELP with Gears of War!

Jeivar
2008-08-14, 05:43 PM
Good God, this kind of thing is aggravating! I had made some pretty good progress in Gears of War (PC), and was about to play through a few checkpoints before bed, only to find that my checkpoints have vanished! Now my only options are to either start back at the beginning or jump straight to the last chapter (for some reason).
I really like this game, but I'm not willing to invest hour after hour in it unless I'm pretty sure this won't happen again, especially since I didn't mess with my system in any way, shape, or form since last night's playing session.

Could someone help me out? Is this problem known to occur with GoW, or some unique foible I happen to be blessed with? Oh, and in your replies, please keep in mind that a might as well be a 17th century cowherder for how much I know about computers. :smallfrown:

Erloas
2008-08-15, 09:12 AM
I would check with the offical Gears of War website and tech support. It sounds kind of like a save file corruption and there is a very good chance that if that is what it is then it has probably happened to other people, since it is most likely the fault of the game and not your system. If that is the case they should at least have some info on if and how it can be fixed.