PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Arcana Evolved

Hal
2008-08-15, 08:37 AM
I'm going to be playing in a Ptolus campaign, and my DM handed me the Arcana Evolved player's guide. I'm coming to realize how very different this setting is.

I haven't had much time to look over this thing yet. Any of you familiar with the material? I was going to play a human Beguiler, but now I wonder if there isn't some exploitable race/class/feat combination in this book. Any suggestions? What about the new magic items? Anything worth while there?

hamlet
2008-08-15, 08:44 AM
I'm going to be playing in a Ptolus campaign, and my DM handed me the Arcana Evolved player's guide. I'm coming to realize how very different this setting is.

I haven't had much time to look over this thing yet. Any of you familiar with the material? I was going to play a human Beguiler, but now I wonder if there isn't some exploitable race/class/feat combination in this book. Any suggestions? What about the new magic items? Anything worth while there?

Well, first of all, there aren't any of the standard classes in it. You have to read the classes closely.

Second, I'm pretty sure illusion and charm type magics are, if not entirely gone, significantly reduced, so that may not be a viable option for you.

I think the closest match might be a Geenbond, but that doesn't really sync up with the beguiler bits.