PDA

View Full Version : Inkscape issue

Brickwall
2006-09-13, 11:14 PM
This is big.

When I click in Inkscape anywhere besides the toolbars, the mouse is misrepresented at a random distance and angle. I'm not sure if this has to do with Inkscape or my Wacom, but it happens with no other program.

I use Inkscape to make avatars, so this is important. Help me?

Dispozition
2006-09-13, 11:58 PM
My mouse will do that on occasion. Are you using a wired/wireless ball/optical mouse?

If it's optical, it might be something on the surface that you're using it on. And wireless mouses have a tendancy to stuff up often.

And if it is the program, downgrade yourself to sodipodi. It's the program I use. It's the daddy of Inkscape, so it's more primative, but my laptop can't cope with inkscape for some reason.

Brickwall
2006-09-14, 12:11 AM
Wacom is none of those mouse types. Look it up. It's a touchpad of sorts.

As for that other thing, Inkscape is the lowest thing that can produce the correct quality avatars. Maybe I should invest in an extra mouse to test this. Especially since my Wacom isn't reliable anyway.

AmberVael
2006-09-14, 12:17 AM
Oooo... Wacom Tablets... I hate those things with a firey passion. I prefer my laptop's touchpad.
I would say go for a normal mouse. You could just borrow one from someone to test out your computer before you invest in a good mouse though.

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-14, 12:18 AM
As for that other thing, Inkscape is the lowest thing that can produce the correct quality avatars. Maybe I should invest in an extra mouse to test this. Especially since my Wacom isn't reliable anyway.
Define 'correct quality'. 'Cuz I use Sodipodi as well, and it doesn't seem to have limited my quality much.

Brickwall
2006-09-14, 12:24 AM
With Inkscape, I used to be able to make avatars nearly on par with the greats. Any reduction in quality would shame me.

AmberVael
2006-09-14, 12:26 AM
I actually have adobe, but I still use Inkscape due to its very simplistic nature.

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-14, 12:33 AM
With Inkscape, I used to be able to make avatars nearly on par with the greats. Any reduction in quality would shame me.
From what I've heard, Sodipodi is pretty much identical to Inkscape.

Dispozition
2006-09-14, 04:32 AM
Inkscape has a few more balls and baubles, but that's about it. The only things that stops me from using is it that I'm so used to sodipodi, it's kinda' confusing and my laptop dies whenever I try to use it (stupid fujitsu).

Inkscape is the little brother of Sodipodi I belive. It was made by the same people, but later. So it's slightly better.

Brickwall
2006-09-14, 03:45 PM
Is that a subtle hint that you have an older brother? ;)

Okay, I'll try it, but I'll do my best to point out any small dissatisfaction.

PS: I'm a younger brother, so thankyouverymuch.

Dispozition
2006-09-14, 11:36 PM
Hell...I have two older brothers...But there was no hint in that...It was seriously made first, then Inkscape came along.

Sophistemon
2006-09-20, 09:17 PM
Here's something that I didn't know:
When creating a comic with Inkscape for a very important grade and attempting to send it over to The Gimp, you will fail, as the words in the word-bubbles will be gone. You will then spend close to three hours screwing around with Inkscape, trying to fit the drawing to the paper because, for some reason, you can't copy from Inkscape and paste into word.

I suppose that I should throw a question in here.

Ahem.

When in Inkscape, is there any way to see a preview of what will be printed should you click print? Because I wasted around four pages trying to size it correctly.

Lilly
2006-09-20, 10:47 PM
In inkscape if you right click when you have the line thing it will go away.