PDA

View Full Version : Aang vs Captain Planet

Guts
2008-08-15, 12:40 PM
Well, yeah Aang from Avatar the last Airbender (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Aang) vs Cpt. Planet. Fight is on a open plain with a few bodies of water around. I'm not used to making versus thread so any suggestions would be nice. *runs for cover*

Mando Knight
2008-08-15, 03:02 PM
I'm not used to making versus thread so any suggestions would be nice.

Start by reading this thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70661) It's an addendum to the normal posting rules as they apply to vs. threads, since they can run out of hand.

EDIT: Also, if Aang is fighting Captain Planet in an open plain with little water... they're still in Captain Planet's home field: anywhere on Earth, where his powers are strongest. If he's been summoned by all 5 rings, then essentially the only way Aang can wound him is through using methods that would purposefully damage the Earth... otherwise he's essentially the environmentalist counterpart to Silver Age Superman, with all the Super-obnoxious Super-Deus-ex-Super-Machinas that such a title necessitates.

doliest
2008-08-16, 02:33 AM
I vote captain planet, just because he's dealt with bigger, more dangerous threats and just the fact that wind would probably make captain planet stronger.

Kato
2008-08-16, 01:39 PM
Yeah, gonna go with the other's... as much as I'd prefer Aang beating him, it's impossible with his powers, since he can't throw radioactivity and toxins at him...

Tengu_temp
2008-08-16, 02:19 PM
Toph, on the other hand...

The things she can pick from her ears/nose/between her toes can be vicious.

averagejoe
2008-08-16, 02:19 PM
Capt. Planet. They both have power over all four elements, but Planet has the advantage because he has, in addition, the power of heart.

Tengu_temp
2008-08-16, 02:20 PM
Aang has spiritbending. And spirit, unlike heart, doesn't suck.

Not that it'd change the result. Just sayin'.

averagejoe
2008-08-16, 02:23 PM
Aang has spiritbending. And spirit, unlike heart, doesn't suck.

Not that it'd change the result. Just sayin'.

Ha, well I was being somewhat facetious. As I understand, though, spiritbending doesn't actually do anything besides take away one's bending ability, which the captain doesn't have.

Now, I don't deny that heart sucks, but it seems like it would be useful against Aang. I mean, you could turn Momo against him, and without Momo where would Aang be? Nowhere, that's where.

chiasaur11
2008-08-16, 02:46 PM
On the other hand, Captain Planet can be beaten by hating him hard enough.

Volug
2008-08-16, 02:48 PM
I've got one thing to say... But it's just the start of it.

EARTH!

kamikasei
2008-08-16, 02:54 PM
...WIND and FIRE are a pretty cool band.

*cough*

Guts
2008-08-16, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0MVuWDc5RQ

So apparently you can reduce Cap Planet by being a big enough bastard .
Also no spiritual castration spiritbending. Its pretty vague on what it can or can't do, plus depending on how you interpret the Lion turtle's words, if Aang loses the struggle he might turn into a copy of Cap.

blackspeeker
2008-08-16, 03:21 PM
Hitler's death stare was well worth the first four minutes, but since aang can't hate, as much as it pains me to say it, I think the battle goes to captain planet.

Tirian
2008-08-16, 03:30 PM
That settles it. Captain Planet hurts my brain. I can nearly deal with the one-dimensional characters, shoddy dialog, and insipid eco-dualism. But how is it that they don't know what Hitler's mustache looks like?

Guts
2008-08-16, 03:40 PM
Of course they do. The fu-manchu moustache is probably some moral guardians issue. I agree w/ everything else in the post though. One thing I dont get is why that recurring villain(s) thought she could get away completely unscathed for giving the Nazis nukes, or it's just for the sake of being evil like the other villains.

kpenguin
2008-08-16, 03:42 PM
That settles it. Captain Planet hurts my brain. I can nearly deal with the one-dimensional characters, shoddy dialog, and insipid eco-dualism. But how is it that they don't know what Hitler's mustache looks like?

Its clear that Captain Planet occurs in an alternate universe where Hitler never had to shave his mustache down to a toothbrush 'stache in the army and where the symbol of the Nazi party is an "X", not a swastika.

chiasaur11
2008-08-16, 03:44 PM
Its clear that Captain Planet occurs in an alternate universe where Hitler never had to shave his mustache down to a toothbrush 'stache in the army and where the symbol of the Nazi party is an "X", not a swastika.

So not only does Planet fail against Hitler, but also against wussy Hitler.

Wow.