PDA

View Full Version : Side-saddle motorcycle.

AstralFire
2008-08-15, 01:22 PM
Me: ZOOM ZOOM 80 MPH down the HOV

*spies motorcycle entering on the left; not enough time to react, slam gas so he can enter after*

Motorcycle Man: WHOOSH WHOOSH passes me on the right.

Motorcycle man is riding side-saddle.

blink

Side-saddle with one leg thrown back over to right side to press pedal. Least he has a helmet.

Wait.

Helmets don't flap in the wind- he's wearing a tarp bag over his head.

What. The. Hell.

(I kept expecting him to careen into a jersey wall and go flying any second...)

Gem Flower
2008-08-15, 01:32 PM
I must agree with your What. The. Hell. comment. I mean, :smallconfused:? It's really the tarp bag that cinches that that guy is either suicidal or a moron.

DraPrime
2008-08-15, 01:36 PM
Maybe he thought the tarp was stylish?

AstralFire
2008-08-15, 01:42 PM
I must agree with your What. The. Hell. comment. I mean, :smallconfused:? It's really the tarp bag that cinches that that guy is either suicidal or a moron.

Someone I know shared this with me shortly after I passed on the story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpX4jCpbDI

I can't quite decide if that is more or less stupid than "Side-saddle with bag on head man".

TRM
2008-08-15, 02:19 PM
How do you ride a motorcycle sidesaddle? :smallconfused: Do you drive a motorbike completely with your hands?

AstralFire
2008-08-15, 02:22 PM
How do you ride a motorcycle sidesaddle? :smallconfused: Do you drive a motorbike completely with your hands?

I know some motorcycles have cruise control, which is my only explanation for the guy in the youtube video.

But this guy had one leg twisted back in the most uncomfortable possible way to make sure it was on the other pedal. So.

Midnight Son
2008-08-15, 04:03 PM
Accelerator is on the handlebars. The only reason to even have your right foot on the pegs is to hit the rear brake if needed. The front brake is on the handlebars, as is the clutch. The left side peg is for shifting the gears. Technically, you don't even need your feet to ride, as long as you don't want to brake fast or shift gears.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-08-15, 07:32 PM
Motorbikes are suicidal to begin with. That was just dumbarse on top of suicidal.

Jack Squat
2008-08-15, 08:39 PM
So Midnight, how's it feel to be suicidal?

Midnight Son
2008-08-15, 10:35 PM
Dunno. I never tried it.

Jack Squat
2008-08-15, 10:37 PM
I was acutally just referring to Quirinus_Obsidian's post about anyone riding a motorcycle being suicidal to begin with...I had a pretty good idea that since you posted here (and were still alive) that you've never done what the OP was talking about.

Midnight Son
2008-08-15, 10:43 PM
heh heh. I was responding to your response to his suicidal comment.:smallamused: (Suicidal comment? Heh. Could be if too many bikers hear him espousing such nonsense) :smallcool:

Besides, I believe he is stating that the bikes are suicidal, not the riders. Careful reading of his post would indicate such, anyway. I am here to tell you that mine is quite a lover of life and has no intention of killing itself.

Motorbikes are suicidal to begin with. That was just dumbarse on top of suicidal.
In fact, if the bike in question is suicidal, he is absolutely correct. Those were dumbasses on those bikes.

Jack Squat
2008-08-15, 10:52 PM
D'oh! Shoulda caught that...Darn sarcasm over the Internet.

I've never known of a bike to be suicidal; I've seen plenty of weedeaters that are though...we've bought 3 this year.