PDA

View Full Version : If you had to die...

Lupy
2008-08-15, 10:48 PM
How would you do it? Bonus points for most creative ideas, nothing graphic or disturbing please. Me? I'd blow myself up with about 50 hydrogen bombs and be remembered as the man who killed the world. :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-08-15, 10:50 PM
Well, I'd be on a roof, and by the edge would be a man with a gun aimed not quite at me, and he's got a remote trigger for a bomb. I'll run at him, he'll shoot me, as I fall over, I'll push him off the edge, we both go over, he pulls the trigger on the detonator, and I die an almost-hero.

KindaChang
2008-08-15, 10:50 PM
sexual exhaustion.

Prplcheez
2008-08-15, 10:53 PM
Not sure if this would be disturbing to some people, if it is, I'll get rid of it.

On an ordinary day, I'll be walking by a water tower (or something of the sort). There's a man on top, standing at the edge, and he yells "I'm gonna jump!!!". I say to myself "He's not gonna jump, they never--" CRUNCH, and he lands on me.

Never said it had to be extravagant :smalltongue:.

SilentNight
2008-08-15, 10:56 PM
How would you do it? Bonus points for most creative ideas, nothing graphic or disturbing please. Me? I'd blow myself up with about 50 hydrogen bombs and be remembered as the man who killed the world. :smallbiggrin:

But who'd remember you? :smalltongue:

I would fall out of a very high plane and die of a heart attack just before hitting the ground.

or maybe sexual exhaustion. :smallwink:

Jack Squat
2008-08-15, 10:58 PM
A freak accident involving fire, combines, and lots of ducks.

NecroRebel
2008-08-15, 10:58 PM
In peace, with no regrets.

Simple pleasures are the best :smallcool:

Raiser Blade
2008-08-15, 10:59 PM
sexual exhaustion.

Fostire
2008-08-15, 11:00 PM
I'd blow myself up with about 50 hydrogen bombs and be remembered as the man who killed the world. :smallbiggrin:

Who would remember you if everyone's dead?

Edit: sneaky ninjas :smallannoyed:

expirement10K14
2008-08-15, 11:00 PM
sexual exhaustion.

This.

But really, I would want to die doing something. Saving someone, in service to the country, something honorable. I would rather die at fifty doing something to help others than at ninety from heart failure.

alchemyprime
2008-08-15, 11:04 PM
Okay...

Right now? I'd make in a televised event as I and a team of scientists create a suit from a bunch of junk and military surplus to go and fight terrorists. And I can't come back until they are all dead. Then I save the world from terror and come home, where the girl I like will welcome me in her own special way.

Then I die of sexual exhaustion.

Forgotten T.S.
2008-08-15, 11:14 PM
Suicide.

I would jump off a 10-story building.

However, the fall wouldn't kill me. The shotgun spray to the face from the window on the 9th floor would.

As the old man, who was threatening his wife with his gun because she was being a -something-, accidently discharged the shotgun.

The case would be listed as Murder.

The investigating detective would find that the old man routinly threatens his wife with the weapon, and that both parties are fully aware that the man hasn't had the gun loaded in over 40 years.

The case would be listed as Wrongful Manslaughter.

So, as he digs deeper... he finds out that the couples son, who was in a deep depression over losing his job, was trying to put his life together. He tried this, by loading his fathers shotgun, knowing his father would threaten his mother... and he prayed every night, that that would be the night that he killed her... and then the son could collect the life insurance as his father went to jail.

After putting names and dates together... the detective will come to find that the son, was none-other then the young man (me) who attempted to kill himself by jumping off the 10th-Story Building.

The case was finally listed as Suicide; even though I never would have died from the fall, due to the safety netting that was in place on the 8th-Story to protect the window-washers that were working that afternoon.

Ganurath
2008-08-15, 11:14 PM
After having spammed Persistent Time Stop with Overland Flight while wearing an Amulet of Adaption so I could fly into space and spam evocation spells to destroy the alien death machine planet charging its bombardment cannons to glass the Earth's surface. The station would get a few shots off just before receiving critical damage to destroy it, and in my old age I would use the last of my power to create enough Walls of Force to absorb the blast. The enemy vanquished and myself withering from old age, I'd dispel the Time Stop while still in space.

TigerHunter
2008-08-15, 11:17 PM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroicSacrifice

Simply because I absolutely love the heroic feeling evoked when I read about one.

Collin152
2008-08-15, 11:19 PM
Nono, I'd die as part of the ritual to become a lich.

And then, the world shall rue the day of my death, for it shall be the last day there shall ever be!

Which is to say, I'll blow up the sun.

chiasaur11
2008-08-15, 11:27 PM
The same way Superman died.

Temporarily.

King_of_GRiffins
2008-08-16, 12:01 AM
As much as sexual exhaustion seems to top everyones list, I don't think they're thinking about how tired they'd be of it by the time they die of it. :smallwink:

I'd like to die by simply fading out of existence in front of a group of kindergardeners. Those who aren't scarred for life will forever wonder what happened to me, leading them to a life of curiosity and discovering, becoming the greatest minds on earth :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2008-08-16, 12:14 AM
Me and Mr Happyturtle want to die like Baucis and Philemon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baucis_and_Philemon), turning into a pair of intertwined trees at the same time so that neither of us has to be left without the other. :smallredface:

Collin152
2008-08-16, 12:16 AM
Hmmm, or maybe trading my soul to some kind of Master of the Realm of the Dead in exchange for the soul of someone i love. Good way to die. No blood, just Epic Poetry.

mangosta71
2008-08-16, 12:32 AM
You want creative, but not graphic or disturbing? I'm not sure I can pull this off...

Piloting a VF-19 (props to those who know what this is) in battle against a telempathically linked alien race. I'm alone against hundreds of them. If I can take the leader out, the link will cause the rest of them to die as well. But I'm overwhelmed by numbers. As many as I kill, I take enough hits to lose control. I eject as my craft disintegrates, nothing but powered combat armor (think Lancer's Cyclone) between me and oblivion. Firing my jets, I sink vibroblades into the alien prince. As he dies, his mecha explodes, and I'm too close. My last feeling is satisfaction at having single-handedly exterminated an entire species as I plummet toward the earth.

Dispozition
2008-08-16, 12:45 AM
It would have to involve fast cars, large explosions, shotguns, zombies, women and fire...Lots of fire :D

Leper_Kahn
2008-08-16, 12:47 AM
In peace, with no regrets.

Simple pleasures are the best :smallcool:

=D I agree, but also this way:

http://www.cracked.com/article_16502_5-creepiest-death-rituals-from-around-world.html

#4 is how I'd go. Notice: This is about the creepiest ways to die... So be careful.

D_Lord
2008-08-16, 01:12 AM
I would want it this way 1000 years from now. By that time I should be tried of life and want to die. If not hopefully in peace, or lichdom.

Phae Nymna
2008-08-16, 01:16 AM
Well, well, well. I've already pondered this a lot.
I'd like to be anesthetized via gas, then have a couple cc's of chloroform pumped into my heart. Instant, painless, clean death. A beautiful thought.

The Rose Dragon
2008-08-16, 01:38 AM
Temporarily sounds best.

shadowxknight
2008-08-16, 01:55 AM
In a publicized positive event.
Such as saving a well-loved president from getting headshotted or sacrificing myself to stop the alien invasion.

Sexual exhaustion sounds good too.

Bitzeralisis
2008-08-16, 02:18 AM
http://www.cracked.com/article_16502_5-creepiest-death-rituals-from-around-world.html

#4 is how I'd go. Notice: This is about the creepiest ways to die... So be careful.

Eh. Creepy much? Not really, methinks. Or maybe I'm just immune to that kind of stuff. :smallwink:

I'd die in heroic sacrifice, except at the time of my death if would be viewed in a much more negative, "why did he do that?", even to the point of My-Death-is-Just-the-Beginning way. But after centuries of ridicule, people will slowly discover that what I did was right and praise a me and beg for my forgiveness (if religion is still around then).

Or, if that doesn't occur, then in complete peace. :smallbiggrin:

Kigganaku
2008-08-16, 02:47 AM
Hmm... I'd say after discovering the secrets of the universe. Then having the Indiana style trap go off. Poisen darts and boulders is the way to go :smallbiggrin:

reorith
2008-08-16, 02:55 AM
i'd wake up after being tranquilized in a sterilized whitewashed doorless room with a two way mirror allowing someone unseen to observe me. as i rub my eyes and try to focus on my blurry surroundings a voice devoid of emotion would inform me that i've been injected with a toxin and i have twenty days left to live. the voice will continue to inform me that there is an antidote, but i have to make it from scratch from materials in the room. upon closer examination of my surroundings, i'd find a work bench, some tools, two pie dishes, and a copy of finnegans wake that was once possessed by a professor of contemporary literature named douglas patterson. not being a biochemist or tony stark, i engross myself in james joyce's work, noticing several notes in the margin. the further i go into the book, the more i learn about the person douglas patterson was based on which parts of the text he remarked on, until i find i'm no longer in a twisted sealed sterile experiment but i'm in fact douglas patterson at which point my soul will have transmigrated, nullifying my previous existence.

Austran
2008-08-16, 04:06 AM
I would go to the Forbidden City, in China, enter in the throne room, and sprint all the way to the Imperial Throne, sit on it, and declare myself Emperor of China! They will probably exucute me for that.

Emperor Ing
2008-08-16, 04:10 AM
Decapitation. :smallamused:

Quincunx
2008-08-16, 05:02 AM
Yes.

We all have to die.

Condition of mortality.

(Stopwatch started on IM AN AI LAWL rebuttal. . .)

Emperor Ing
2008-08-16, 05:06 AM
no, im serious. If I were to be killed in any way I choose, I would choose decapitation. :smallsigh:

bosssmiley
2008-08-16, 05:18 AM

Simply because I absolutely love the heroic feeling evoked when I read about one.

You know TigerHunter, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Casablanca). :smallcool:

Or, this (http://digg.com/motorsport/Man_Decapitates_Self_With_Aston_Martin_Rope). My first thought: "Hey, free Aston Martin."

Last_resort_33
2008-08-16, 06:01 AM
The problem with sexual exhaustion is that unless your partner is big into necrophillia, then you are probably being quite inconsiderate.

Castaras
2008-08-16, 06:42 AM
I'd want to die so that I achieve a Darwin award.

Not sure how, but if I could secure a Darwin award, my ghost would be happy. :smallbiggrin:

CrazedGoblin
2008-08-16, 07:01 AM
setting of a nuclear bomb, first hand

Samakain
2008-08-16, 08:18 AM
how i die? don't care

long as i'm the first of the zombie hordes to rise and lead my rotting brethren to ultimate victory against the living.

Mauve Shirt
2008-08-16, 08:58 AM
This is from the internet, but I'm not positive where.

Find a building that is not tall enough to kill you, but tall enough that you'd break a few bones jumping off.
Get some piano wire and make a noose out of it.
Put the noose on, and superglue your hands to the side of your head.
Anchor the wire to something, obviously, and jump off the side of the building. The wire will slice through your neck on the way down, and it will look to the people who find your body like you tore your own head off.

V Yeah, other option is take a bullet for someone close to me, but you know, in case that would give the bad guys way too much satisfaction.

randman22222
2008-08-16, 09:37 AM
That is morbidly funny. But suicidal. So stupid. :smallconfused:

Anywho, I'd like to die doing something selfless, and right. Meh. Pretty generic. Let's fix that.

I'd like to die in some way that... Oh shoot. Creative juices just aren't flowing.

EDIT: @^: They only get satisfaction in movies, thankfully.

Jibar
2008-08-16, 09:40 AM
Hmm...

Dying rescuing a colony of koalas would be nice.

Either that, or I'd want to die in such a manner that brings me back from the dead with super powers. Like, falling into a vat of radiactive leeches, and I come back with the power to absorb stuff from people, Rogue style. And be immune to her powers. Then we'd get together and Un-Life would be great.

SilverSheriff
2008-08-16, 10:13 AM
In my sleep, like my Grandpa, not at all like the people yelling and screaming in his car.:tongue:

zeratul
2008-08-16, 11:18 AM
Get stabbed somewhere that kills you over a short enough period of time to die dramatically, but long enough that I can take down like 15 guys with me then give a cool epitaph.:smallcool:

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-16, 11:21 AM
Well, first I'd figure out how to become a lich, then I'd off myself in some horribly nasty way, only to rise in an unholy semblance of life a few days later.

failing that, in my sleep.

failing that, I'd like to go out quickly and with as little pain as possible. something impressive. maybe a large explosion of some sort...

Foeofthelance
2008-08-16, 11:33 AM
Holding the bridge against the swarm of bad guys so that my friends could escape. May or may not survive, since I'd probably start to sing...

SilverSheriff
2008-08-16, 12:08 PM
Holding the bridge against the swarm of bad guys so that my friends could escape. May or may not survive, since I'd probably start to sing...

Yeah, on second thought, thats how I want to go out, its just a matter of remembering a few good songs for my final stand.

nothingclever
2008-08-16, 12:11 PM
I'd probably like to die in my sleep but it's not very original. I think one awesome way to die is if someone were to stab you with a knife and as you slowly bleed to death you manage to wrest the knife from your attacker and proceed to kill him and cut his body into multiple pieces. You'd both be dead but you'd certainly win the contest for best murder despite originally being the victim.

chiasaur11
2008-08-16, 12:35 PM

I'd die fighting alone at the gates of the Norse underworld.

Best death I've seen in the history of comics.

SurlySeraph
2008-08-16, 02:11 PM
As a martyr. Preferably as a heroic sacrifice at the same time. You know, inspire the world with my death, call down divine retribution with my dying words, dive on the Unholy Hand Grenade of Babylon...

Jayngfet
2008-08-16, 02:19 PM
In a way that takes a decent sized country with me in a clearly visible way, with everyone knowing it was me.

I want to known as the guy who destroyed china, that'd get me remembered.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-16, 02:31 PM
Giving my life to protect my wife/kids/and or grandkids, and in the few breaths before I die telling them all how much I love them and the very last minute tipped into a vat of melted chocolate oranges.

zeratul
2008-08-16, 02:34 PM
Giving my life to protect my wife/kids/and or grandkids, and in the few breaths before I die telling them all how much I love them and the very last minute tipped into a vat of melted chocolate oranges.

Hahaha, awesome death ending, plus you'd be forever preserved in delicious delicious chocolate.:smallamused:

blakyoshi7
2008-08-16, 02:48 PM
Being launched directly into the sun faster than the speed of light. A death that breaks the laws of physics is the best kind.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-08-16, 03:10 PM
...nothing graphic or disturbing please...

The fact that you're discussing ways to commit suicide is disturbing enough.

Doran_Liadon
2008-08-16, 03:13 PM
I would jump off a building. That would be fun...

Mustiado
2008-08-16, 03:19 PM
I would go to the Forbidden City, in China, enter in the throne room, and sprint all the way to the Imperial Throne, sit on it, and declare myself Emperor of China! They will probably exucute me for that.

Hey, if the games are still going on, you could be drafted.

Jayngfet
2008-08-16, 03:20 PM
I would jump off a building. That would be fun...

Run down the side pf a building, dual wielding keyblades while the boss of organization XIII comes at you.

sktarq
2008-08-16, 04:06 PM
On the run world wide for a few months/years popping off major politicos, heads of national organizations (corprate or otherwise), chased down to my lair where they find my body in a heap on the floor as the brain/liver/something cancer spread too far.

Leon Stormchild
2008-08-16, 04:14 PM
Go snowtubing. Down Everest, that is.:smallbiggrin:

Zukhramm
2008-08-16, 04:17 PM
As much as sexual exhaustion seems to top everyones list, I don't think they're thinking about how tired they'd be of it by the time they die of it. :smallwink:

And think of the other involved, if there's any, can't be fun having the other one die in the middle of it. :smallannoyed:

If I could choose. Some suicide bomb attack on something, though I'm considerate enough to choose a target were no one but me would die.

Collin152
2008-08-16, 05:00 PM
And think of the other involved, if there's any, can't be fun having the other one die in the middle of it. :smallannoyed:

Oh, obviously they're switching out.

Raiser Blade
2008-08-16, 05:42 PM
When I die I want to be preserved in red jello.

Uhh I don't think that's going to be a problem homestar

Leigh
2008-08-16, 06:21 PM
While the above sounds quite appetizing, I'd probably eat myself out.:smallsigh:
I heard from a friend that jumping off of half dome would be the best way.
He said the shock kills you before you're almost at the end.:smalleek:
HOW FREAKN KEWL IS THAT!?!?!?:smallbiggrin:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-16, 06:26 PM
The only way I can see myself being satisfied with death is IF the apocalypse is in 2012 and IF it's actually the apocalypse and not some other big event.

Lupy
2008-08-16, 07:26 PM
Forget the H bombs, here's how I'm going down:

My friends and I are the only scientists able to stop the zombie invasion but through the whole movie adventure I've been superfluous. Then at the end we're almost to the military base but there's this bridge and the zombies as following us. I tell them to go on without me and fight the zombies 'til the make it into the fortress/base, then I jump off the bridge onto the mad scientist who created the zombie's helicopter and use my Claymore to smash the rotor before it cuts me in half. As all of this happens I play dramatic music loudly on my Ipod.

OR:

At the gates of some evil kingdom probably ruled by a mad god I have to buy a friend time to assasinate said mad god, so I charge headlong into the enemy army, buying the rest of the group time, armed only with said Claymore and wearing a chain**** and awesome cloak.... and pants of some sort too... anyway, so then they show me fighting and I go down and the baddies pile on me and I burst up and scream to the sky, "I love you ____!!!" and they pull me down and kill me. Oh, and I'm all bloody when I shout too. In the background some sweet music is playing.

:smallbiggrin:

Raewyn
2008-08-16, 08:09 PM
From here. (http://www.qwantz.com/apologies/000100.html)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/sarcausticmaster/fallingcar.png

Vuzzmop
2008-08-16, 08:18 PM
Wakazashi in one hand, handgun in the other, becoming the first man to die in bullet-time. I have simple tastes.

Jayngfet
2008-08-16, 08:19 PM
Alternatively, I'd love to die killing the internet. After all, that's going to give me a spot in the history books

ColonelFuster
2008-08-16, 08:39 PM
Only one way to die marvelously: clutching the hand of the one you love, letting a single tear fall down your face as you realize that they're dead. You give up, and doctors rush in as double flatlines harmonize their tale of woe into infinity.

Or, with a really dumb look on your face as you realize that someone just killed you, without you knowing who they are or how it happened.

thorgrim29
2008-08-16, 09:13 PM
As a martyr. Preferably as a heroic sacrifice at the same time. You know, inspire the world with my death, call down divine retribution with my dying words, dive on the Unholy Hand Grenade of Babylon...

Antioch, its the holy hand grenate of antioch.

And manner of death? I dont know, I'm still happy enough alive.

North
2008-08-16, 09:27 PM
He died doing what he loved, making people laugh. (http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g199/misterandersen/1218694341524.jpg)

Shraik
2008-08-16, 09:41 PM
After surving the zombie invasion and starting the new world, getting struck by lightning and then blowing up with brilliant energy like Peter Petrelli

Collin152
2008-08-16, 10:20 PM
Having my blood drained from my writhing body by someone I love.
I get better.

mikeejimbo
2008-08-16, 11:50 PM
I want to be walking down the street, minding my own business, when suddenly a sniper hits me.

Only to find I was the wrong target.

SDF
2008-08-17, 06:51 AM
Well my uncle wants to be pushed out of an 8th story window at 96 by a jealous lover.

One of my friends wants to walk into a Walmart with a revolver and a mouth full of Tannerite.

To me he specifics aren't really that important as long as my obituary reads, "Badass With a Heart of Gold Crashes Zeppelin Into Orphanage."

Adlan
2008-08-17, 08:04 AM
There's a few ways I'd like to die. As a Young man, as I am now, I'd like to die in a good act, like me stopping to help at a road accident, only to be run over by a car driving bye, where the driver was staring at the accident. Then, thanks to my Organs, the children in the first accident will live (1 Liver, slightly foxed).

If I ever do join the forces, then, If I am to die then, I'd like the VC, something totally awesome and Bad Arse, the VC dosn't actually have to be posthoumously awarded, but I'd like to die defusing a Biological terror Weapon, or leading a Bayonet Charge to save a wounded comrade.

If I make it to be old, and, as everyone has to die, this is how I want to Die:

Of Old Age, on a Crisp Autum Evening. I am very old, and have taken my Morning Walk around my Farmyard, and looked out across the tree's and woodland, My Son(s) and Grandsons do the work now. I've taken down one of my Old Bows, and Managed a Few Shots despite my rehumatism, I've stolen one of the jam tarts my daughter in law is cooking from the Baking oven of the Aga, (Not as good as her mother in law used to make, but i shan't tell her).

I Look in My Room, at the Trophys of things gone by, at the memories and photographs, Look at the One of Me and my Late wife. Lie down for a Nice Nap, and Go to the Long Sleep of My Fathers, till the world is Renewed.

My Sons Shall Wrap me in the Skin of the Biggest Bision I ever Hunted, and will Burn me on a Giant Pyre, with my Bow, and a few other goods.

Ossian
2008-08-17, 09:26 AM
I have a way of bringing about an hilarious end to my own existence. Credit goes to a guy somewhere on the old WOTC star wars forum (before SAGA, that is).

Swap Vader's oxy tank with helium and then let him chase you throughout the entire breadth and length of the Death Star, waving the helium bottle at him (and winking) whenever I managed to gain a bit on him.

Try to make him talk as much as possible, especially in front of his Stromies.

Eventually he'll force crush my larynx or slice me with his saber, but I'd die a happy bastard...

Ossian

DracoDruid
2008-08-17, 09:32 AM
Going into the woods and sitting under the biggest tree.
Meditating until hunger and thirst become life-threatening
and finally reaching godly transcendency in the moment of death.
:P

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-17, 01:13 PM
Heart attack while taking a dump.

Jinura
2008-08-17, 01:26 PM
A heroic death saving millions of people by killing an evil communist leader with a nuclear bomb, just after killing him, i take a dump accidently taking out all my inner organs, still full of adrenaline i die painless. Oh and im 95 years old when i die... Sort of the perfect death.

CrazedGoblin
2008-08-17, 01:28 PM
Being launched directly into the sun faster than the speed of light. A death that breaks the laws of physics is the best kind.

ANYTHING that breaks the laws of physics is the best :smallbiggrin:

WhiteMonkey
2008-08-17, 01:37 PM
I'd like to die destroying the last clown on in all of creation as I fight along side the leprechauns King Brian and wield the sword Brian Boru used to drive out the Danes.

Zeful
2008-08-17, 02:55 PM
I'd like to die after gentically manipulating my progeny to be the first metahumans capable of taking out a city on their own. Then spreading that seed to as many women and sperm banks as I could.

I'd be remembered forever as That Ass Who Destroied Democracy.
That's a nice title.

Rawhide
2008-08-19, 07:38 AM
This has a nice ring to it (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=upenR6n7xWY), but I think I'd rather my life and/or death mean something (and something positive).

curtis
2008-08-19, 07:47 AM
Suicide.

However, the fall wouldn't kill me. The shotgun spray to the face from the window on the 9th floor would.

As the old man, who was threatening his wife with his gun because she was being a -something-, accidently discharged the shotgun.

The investigating detective would find that the old man routinly threatens his wife with the weapon, and that both parties are fully aware that the man hasn't had the gun loaded in over 40 years.

So, as he digs deeper... he finds out that the couples son, who was in a deep depression over losing his job, was trying to put his life together. He tried this, by loading his fathers shotgun, knowing his father would threaten his mother... and he prayed every night, that that would be the night that he killed her... and then the son could collect the life insurance as his father went to jail.

After putting names and dates together... the detective will come to find that the son, was none-other then the young man (me) who attempted to kill himself by jumping off the 10th-Story Building.

The case was finally listed as Suicide; even though I never would have died from the fall, due to the safety netting that was in place on the 8th-Story to protect the window-washers that were working that afternoon.

Cheater.

Seriously Weird True Stories, right?

Anyway, gotta be sexual exhaustion.

Telonius
2008-08-19, 10:05 AM
Sudden aneurysm, just as I've written the last word of the last book in my series. Not only will I have gotten everything done in my life that I wanted to do, but it will ensure my posthumous fame and get people to read the book.

Ossian
2008-08-19, 11:36 AM
Suicide.

I loved that movie! :) :smallcool:

Wraithy
2008-08-19, 03:02 PM
I'd want to go like the kid in Akira.

"I'm so hungry, whats for luHUUUAAARGH!!!!"

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 03:19 PM
Most likely with a final cookie and a scream that humanity has screwed itself and should better itself if possible.

How...... Most likely jumping from some extreme high building or something.
Yeah, sometimes I love being a adrenaline junkie, and going out with a good kick and a nice final message sounds nice.....

Drascin
2008-08-19, 03:22 PM

Same.

I really don't want to, but if I have to, then, let's at least do it in a way that makes me spend my last moments thinking "Man, that was so worth it"

SoD
2008-08-20, 07:22 AM
I want to die in one of two ways: one: spontaneously combust in a factory of flamable material. Or, two: be politically assassinated.

Fri
2008-08-20, 08:59 AM
You want creative, but not graphic or disturbing? I'm not sure I can pull this off...

Piloting a VF-19 (props to those who know what this is) in battle against a telempathically linked alien race. I'm alone against hundreds of them. If I can take the leader out, the link will cause the rest of them to die as well. But I'm overwhelmed by numbers. As many as I kill, I take enough hits to lose control. I eject as my craft disintegrates, nothing but powered combat armor (think Lancer's Cyclone) between me and oblivion. Firing my jets, I sink vibroblades into the alien prince. As he dies, his mecha explodes, and I'm too close. My last feeling is satisfaction at having single-handedly exterminated an entire species as I plummet toward the earth.

Look at my sig. PM me your favourite uniform and plane and I'll set up the second valkyrie squad before you could say Fire Bomber.

Meanwhile you could be my second-in command in the VF 25 Squad :D

And on topic, I always wanted to die on a heroic sacrifice. But with not much pain, please. Something like... huh, offering myself to be a hostage on a bank heist gone awry and letting the cute girl away.

Then I got shot in the resulting gunfight, preferably while covering another hostage.

But I know what kind of death that I wouldn't want. Drowning seems scary. As with on a not-so-sudden plane crash (the kind where you know you're falling from 20.000 feet)

Jade Falcon
2008-08-22, 12:58 AM
But I know what kind of death that I wouldn't want. Drowning seems scary.

Drowning is horrible, Iīve nearly died in such an accident 14 years ago and sometimes it still haunts me :smallannoyed:

on topic
I donīt know ... sure it would be cool to go down in a blaze of glory :smallbiggrin: but in the end I prefer a quick and painless death. Standing at ground zero of a 50 MT hydrogen bomb should do the trick.

Shraik
2008-08-22, 01:41 AM
I have a way of bringing about an hilarious end to my own existence. Credit goes to a guy somewhere on the old WOTC star wars forum (before SAGA, that is).

Swap Vader's oxy tank with helium and then let him chase you throughout the entire breadth and length of the Death Star, waving the helium bottle at him (and winking) whenever I managed to gain a bit on him.

Try to make him talk as much as possible, especially in front of his Stromies.

Eventually he'll force crush my larynx or slice me with his saber, but I'd die a happy bastard...

Ossian

You, are my god.

Nychta
2008-08-22, 01:46 AM
You guys know the book of bunny suicides? I'd go for one of those.

Fin
2008-08-22, 04:44 AM
Immediately after I have said some brilliant one-liner that completely chastises and ridicules my enemy. That way when he kills me he won't have the satisfaction of thinking I cared.

Kilbia
2008-08-22, 04:56 PM
As long as my life insurance policies pay out, I don't care about the details.

(This means no homicide, no suicide, and nothing that gets called an act of war.)

If my Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy can pay out too, that'd be even better.

And if I could somehow have about three months' or more foreknowledge of my own death, that'd be best of all 'cause then I could buy even more life insurance policies. Texas is a communal property state, and I'd really rather not stick my husband with my credit card bills and nothing with which to pay them.

Moff Chumley
2008-08-22, 08:51 PM
I'd like to be the first death in the war for the independence of the Pan Pacific League. I'd be in my gigantic powered armor, wielding a twenty foot long chain-axe, and jump-jetting into the middle of the gigantic Leman Russtank battalion, and ripping them to shreds with said axe and my bare (if you don't count gigantic powered gauntleted) hands before having a desperate driver press the "nuclear self destruct" button.

Alternatively, standing in front of the worlds biggest largest (read: two thousand feet tall) amp, axe (different axe) or possibly stupid-looking keytar in hand, with a walkie-talkie, asking my friend in the underground bunker, "Are you sure this is a good idea?" "C'mon, don't wimp out on me now, don't you want to play the world's loudest power chord?"

:smallbiggrin:

wowy319
2008-08-22, 10:39 PM
Step 1: buy my own travelling carnival (must have rides and carnivorous animals)
Step 2: set up the most dangerous rides (any that go up high and upside-down are a must)
Step 3: Have the animals able to be released at the press of a button
Step 4: hire a sociopath to operate the rides and bird release
Step 5: grab as much festival food as I can eat, consume it, then stuff more into my clothes.
Step 6: set up hi-def video cameras
Step 7: Ride the dangerous rides with no precautions taken
Step 8: fall to my death.
Step 9: Animals are released and consume my festival-food-filled corpse
Step 10: have the video of my death and the eating of my corpse put on the internet.
Step 11: Acheive fame
Step 12: ????
Step 13: PROFIT!!!!

wadledo
2008-08-22, 10:57 PM
Of old age, sitting on a porch as I see my children and grandchildren drive away, before rising out of my rocking chair and taking a high powered laser machine gun strapped to a cyborg bear to the hordes of zombies as my robot supermen cover my families escape.

Setra
2008-08-23, 12:00 AM
I want to take a bullet for the girl I like... then die in her arms as she cries over me.

Alternatively: My favorite death scene in a fiction is where one hero holds the enemy off while the others escape. So something along that line.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-08-23, 12:24 AM
Peacefully, surrounded by my friends and family, smiling as the dead man's switch on me activates and finally at peace as the bombs detonate and the city is engulfed in a giant fireball, giving one last word of wisdom for them to remember me by "see you in hell".

Yeah...never mind. :smalltongue:

Krade
2008-08-23, 12:35 AM
I want to go out like Adun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minor_characters_in_the_StarCraft_universe #Adun). If you read the second book of The Dark Templar Saga, you'd have gotten a rather detailed description of the event. Much better than the Wikipedia description.

Copacetic
2008-08-23, 02:06 AM
Chewing on electrical cables and screaming "WHO! LIKES! KITTENS?!?!" At a group of girl scouts as I electrecute myself to death. Oh, and dressed up like a clown to boot. You have to admit, that would be the most intresting day of those girl scouts's lives.

Aotrs Commander
2008-08-23, 03:01 PM
Nono, I'd die as part of the ritual to become a lich.

First, may I just say how heartened I am to see so many wise souls choosing the path of Lichdom. Should you ever pass the final barrier into the coalesced awesome that Lichdom entails, the Army Of The Red Spear is always recruiting...

I have died, but it was a quick skull strike at my ascention to lich, because they spirit-bound me right away afertwards.

Now, were I to be faced with the implausible hypothetical situation of a final death, I would be slightly more creative.

And then, the world shall rue the day of my death, for it shall be the last day there shall ever be!

Which is to say, I'll blow up the sun.

You see, here is where you seperate the Liches from the...non-liches. You're thinking too small, my fiend.

I would stand atop reality-splitting spacial distortion, outside on the hull of a Liche's Wrath class superdreadnought, screaming dire imprecations that rang through all of Reality, finally ending with "If I shall fall, I shall ensure that EVERYTHING shall die with me!!!!" (Note the extra exclaimantion marks - point of professionalism for your dying rant. No reason for getting sloppy at the, well, twelveth I guess, hour.) The I would trigger a self-destruct spell, powered beyond the limits of time and space by my black, bitter hatred of everything, so foul that merest whisper of it would cause dieties to go mad and slay themselves. I would take that power and strike out, not just at the corporeal universe but the very fundemenatal structure of Reality itself, smashing it into an infinite agony for the long moments before everything, even the nothingness itself, is erased, absolutely destroying everything that ever was, that is, or ever would have been. Then the shockwave would spiral outwards, shattering all other Realities in an implacable tidalwave of beautiful utter annhilation.

See, now that's thinking about the big picture.

Fortunately, I am so enormously powerful and my will beyond death is too strong for such and event to ever take place. (Modesty is for the living, who have much to be modest about...)

detrevnisisiht
2008-08-23, 03:48 PM
*Stuff*
Sir, you have just won.

Collin152
2008-08-23, 05:00 PM
Stuff

Nono, I intend to survive the sun exploding.
I just don't want people to see any other days.
Get what I mean?

fraud
2008-08-24, 12:29 AM
old age, please:smalltongue:
but if I had to die a diffrent way I'd choose...
jumping off a building. I mean it would be fun just to fall and do some backflips and everyone on the ground would be like "what the hell? Is he doing backflips!?:smallconfused:" it would be like skydiving only shorter and scarier. I also heard that you don't die from the impact, you die from fright of falling so fast so it would be painless:smallbiggrin:

black_Lizzard
2008-08-24, 10:17 AM
If it was suicide, I would eat a small grenade.

Flickerdart
2008-08-24, 10:57 AM
Holding back a swarm of enemies while letting the main character escape. That's the kind of death anyone from the support cast can only hope for. Plus there's always the chance I survive for the sequel!

Moff Chumley
2008-08-24, 12:11 PM
Maybe as the sacrifice for summoning a dark god? That'd be cool.

Aotrs Commander
2008-08-24, 04:22 PM
Nono, I intend to survive the sun exploding.
I just don't want people to see any other days.
Get what I mean?

Oh, well, if you just mean blowing up the planet and moving on to the next one, I quite understand! Only blowing up the sun is waste only if that's all you take with you...

Sir, you have just won.

Thank you, I try.

In fact many people find me trying...

SMEE
2008-08-24, 04:48 PM
From childbirth complications, with my husband at my side, holding the baby and my hand, telling me he will raise her the best he can for me.

Flickerdart
2008-08-24, 05:06 PM
Maybe as the sacrifice for summoning a dark god? That'd be cool.
That would probably doom your soul (and everyone else) to eternal suffering.

From childbirth complications, with my husband at my side, holding the baby and my hand, telling me he will raise her the best he can for me.
What if it's a boy child?

SMEE
2008-08-24, 05:10 PM
What if it's a boy child?

Given that I can't have child by the natural way (sadly), it's unlikely that it would be a boy, since the methods that may somehow (hopefully) allow pregancy to happen will let me pick the child gender, so, girl.

thubby
2008-08-24, 06:05 PM
in order
1) saving people's lives.
2)falling from a great hight, sans-parachute
3)surrounded by loved ones from something quick.

Collin152
2008-08-24, 06:24 PM
Given that I can't have child by the natural way (sadly), it's unlikely that it would be a boy, since the methods that may somehow (hopefully) allow pregancy to happen will let me pick the child gender, so, girl.

Such a touching story.

That's it, I'm dedicating my life to genetics and such for the express purpose of making your dream come true.

In the process, I'll find ways to engineer super-babies. Good ones, not the kind that get over-dubbed doing inane things.

Ilena
2008-08-25, 11:29 AM
Myself ill probably die in 4 years in whatever happens to the world in 4 years to make me think live is going to get hard for everyone on this planet ... baring that i want to die in honor and glory, in defense of the weak and helpless ...

Lyserdigi
2008-08-27, 07:34 PM
I would like to get disassembled by a swarm of nanites, maybe even reassembled into something usefull, like a icecream-van. or a scooter.

Seriously though, as I have suffered from some badass migraines all my life, I would REALLY Like to atleast die painlessly. Maybe even doing something that i like, like music. Drowning would be horrible, almost did that when i was 6yo. Burning to death would be ok, as long as the temperatures are somewhere near of what is required to trigger hydrogen fusion.

-L-

Player_Zero
2008-08-27, 07:35 PM
Oo! Oo! I've got one!

I'd pass away peacefully in my jeep.

Staven
2008-08-27, 10:54 PM
The easy way: "You shall not pass!"

The semi-creative way: Death Defying sword fight...on the edge of an active volcano...with Skeletor...during a lightning storm. We both tumble into the lava.

Creative Way: After winning the nomination, I walk back towards the hotel, but then I hear gunshots: the mob has taken hostages, and they're being held in the Watergate hotel. Remembering my years in the service, I call the police, and, not taking any chances, run into the hotel, quickly incapacitate the badly-trained door guy and take his SMG. Slowly but surely, I take out each of the mobsters, but take a fatal wound to the chest. The bullet slowly makes its way towards my heart, but not before the police arrive, and the mob boss and I have a final confrontation with him fifteen stories up. Knowing I'm not going to come out of this hotel...unless. I charge at him, taking an entire clip of ammo to the stomach, but tackling him, shattering the window, sending us both falling to our deaths. Martin Scorcese makes a movie about me. It wins best picture and Aaron Eckhart wins best actor for portraying me.

Dryken
2008-08-28, 12:41 AM
This is so funny because I discovered this thread shortly after reading this article in New Scientist about how it feels to die (http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg19626252.800-death-special-how-does-it-feel-to-die.html?DCMP=ILC-tabView&nsref=mg19626252.800).

I would like to go taking down an airplane full of nazis that were frozen and are now trying to take over the world. A giant fight would ensue and I'd throw a bunch of gernades at them and jump out of the plane with a huge explosion behind me. As I laugh and go to pull the parachute string, I accidentally pull the pin on a remaining gernade in my belt.

Boom.

nhbdy
2008-08-28, 06:28 PM
if i had to die, i would be on a tall building's rooftop, put piano wire around my neck, tie that to something secure, superglue my hands to my ears, and jump.

end result, piano wire shears my head clean off and it looks like i rip my head off :smalltongue:

EDIT:
Ninja'd

Aristeidis
2008-08-29, 06:46 PM
sexual exhaustion.

Hats off! Best answer ever!

Besides that, I would prefer to be shot after going on a killing spree to kill everyone I hate and by far deserves it! (not going to though - just hypothetically)

Moff Chumley
2008-08-29, 07:37 PM
Nonono... before I killed myself in a ritual to summon the god of perfect tyranny and other such LEness, I would make him promise to make me the lord of the underworld. Then, when he destroyed the world, I would be in charge... mwahaha...

Cyrano
2008-08-29, 08:26 PM
My brain explodes as a result of rocking too hard.
Moments later, a cadre of my best friends show up in front of the stage and shout "YOUR HEAD A SPLODE".

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-08-29, 08:38 PM
A drug overdose while drowning in my own vomit while crashing my plane in a swimming pool, and then spontaneously exploding after shooting myself in the head with a shotgun.

Now try and pinpoint every rock star!

Oh, and good to see you back D'Anna.

Gaelbert
2008-08-29, 08:39 PM
I've always thought that falling out of a plane high up in the sky would be fun. Except for the whole dying thing when you hit the ground.

And I know I'm a little late, and I know that D'Anna might not have technically been gone, but I just need to get this out of my system:
D'Anna! You're back!

TigerHunter
2008-08-29, 08:47 PM
I've always thought that falling out of a plane high up in the sky would be fun. Except for the whole dying thing when you hit the ground.
Skydiving?

Cult_of_the_Raven
2008-08-29, 08:53 PM
I'd be between 40 and 80 years old (before I succumb to dementia, which scares me ****less) and sitting with someone I care for deeply, preferably a husband or lover. we reach over for a little, innocent kiss, and BAM. Toilet seat from space. (or similar object traveling at high velocity, like the guy falling from the airplane.)

yeah, I'm both a romantic and really weird.

Gaelbert
2008-08-29, 08:56 PM
Not skydiving, because that would slow you down and ruin the fun. I mean a straight up down fall.

Kimusabe
2008-08-30, 12:43 AM
I would leap out of a plane at the moment when it couldn't get any higher, and fall and SPLATTER!
That way I would know what it is like to fly without a parachute or any of that stuff, and I would be able to say I died from a splatter. :smalltongue:

Spirit300064
2008-09-23, 10:29 PM
I would rather die doing something good in the world, but I guess I could also just leap off the edge of the Upper Yosemite Falls and pretend that I have an invisible hanglider that's broken. I'm weird that way.

Boo
2008-09-23, 10:50 PM
=D I agree, but also this way:

I like one of the comments in there. I'll give you a hint. It involves stringes, a dead body and waving.

Terumitsu
2008-09-24, 02:09 PM
I'd like to die laughing. Not just any sort of laugh, though. The right from the heart cackle of the mad that comes from a power rush and finding out that everything is simply too silly not to laugh at.

Also, I'd like there to be plenty of explosions at the same time... Explosions make everything better.

mayonase
2008-09-24, 03:16 PM
Ooh, I've actually thought long and hard about this one, due to my spending 2 years on a near-death bed due to Stage 4 Cancer + Chemotherapy (not fun). Here's what I came up with:

I'm in the US Senate. There's a bill written as a knee-jerk response to a complex tragedy that would do very, very bad things to our country (repeal freedom of speech, jeopardize the constitution, whatever). It's up for a vote, and I'm filibustering against it because I know it has enough votes to pass if I don't. For hours, days, I'm standing and talking and slowly changing the hearts and minds of a nation. The opposition sees this and releases a bear into the chambers, whereupon I am eaten but not before inspiring 41 fellow Senators to not pass a vote of cloture.

Yes...

Lupy
2008-09-24, 07:33 PM
Funny how no one ever says old age...

I like that Mayonase, but why a bear? :smallconfused:

Unique
2008-09-24, 07:35 PM
It's a scientific fact that getting eaten by a bear is the manliest death possible.

Lupy
2008-09-24, 07:53 PM
No, this:

Drowning in beer after bloating on steak and bacon. With strippers.

is the manliest way to die ever.

Collin152
2008-09-24, 07:53 PM
It's a scientific fact that getting eaten by a bear is the manliest death possible.

What about death by "Bear meat toxicity", where you eat too much raw bear meat from when you kill the bear that tryed to kill you?

Or adrenaline poisoning?

BanjoTheClown
2008-09-24, 07:54 PM
I would drown.

Lupy
2008-09-24, 08:06 PM
^Drowning is awful.

^
^ What about... Killing the bear with your beer, and then dying after drinking and eating bear-bacon and steaks?

Destichado
2008-09-24, 09:10 PM
...In my bed of old age, surrounded by descendants I've seen grow strong and upright.

...Sword in hand, with mine enemies struck dead in a ring about my feet.

...From the last bullet of the last battle of the last war.

...Fighting off a bear with nothing but a knife and my bare hands. :smalltongue:

Crispy Dave
2008-09-25, 04:15 PM
the world will have been overrun with zombies for at least 6 months and when the group im with is running out of supplies I would run to the white house and find the destroy the world button but not press it I would instead run to the nuclear fallout shelter and find the president there who I would either kill or hug depending on who it was.I would then go back to get the group I was with only to find out they died without me so i would go back to the shelter and launch off the nuke wile waiting in the shelter I would die of heart failure do to old age

Moff Chumley
2008-09-25, 06:25 PM
Accidentally.

Stormthorn
2008-09-25, 10:19 PM
To avoid disturbing or rule-breaking imagry, i will censor myself.

First i would get _____ then ____ the _____ with three or four _____ at one time. Then, after the gasoline lights i would ______ and bring ______ to help when i cut ________ and the safety lock will just _______. After that the wombat and the ______ so i can ______ with _____ and then die while ____ and _____ all go to ______.

Note: Each blank may be anywhere form one word to one sentance.

Arrogonios
2008-09-26, 12:29 AM
With my last words being: "What's this button do?"/"Nice doggie..."

But seriously. When I've accomplished everything I've ever wanted to do in life, I will spend however much it takes to get someone to take me up into space and then I will stand in the airlock and simply...open the door.

Collin152
2008-09-26, 12:30 AM
But seriously. When I've accomplished everything I've ever wanted to do in life, I will spend however much it takes to get someone to take me up into space and then I will stand in the airlock and simply...open the door.

I warned you...
*readies vampire slaying tools*

Silence
2008-09-26, 07:36 AM
....Sexual exhaustion.

black_Lizzard
2008-09-26, 10:48 AM
....Sexual exhaustion.

All you guys who say that, I imagine chafing and bleeding to death. :smalltongue:

Darius Midnite
2008-09-26, 12:09 PM
I'd drown myself in a pool of exquisite wine.

Vaynor
2008-09-26, 06:09 PM

If you killed the world, who would be left to remember you?

On topic, if I had to die I'd either do something remarkable for humanity as a whole by giving my life away, somehow, or I'd kill a large amount of people in horrific fashions to be remembered as that guy who killed a lot of people in horrific fashions. Whichever would be easier at the time, of course. :smalltongue:

EndlessWrath
2008-09-26, 06:15 PM
sexual exhaustion.

of course thats a great response...

but I think heroically, saving someone...

Or doing something that influenced someone... like i sacrifice myself for a cause and it changes the hearts of the wicked to do good for people.

Griever
2008-09-26, 06:20 PM
Sacrificing myself willingly for the good of all with no one ever knowing.

"No fame. No armies or banners or cities to celebrate your name. You will die alone and unremarked and forgotten."

Cookies for who names the quote.

Arrogonios
2008-09-26, 06:22 PM
If you killed the world, who would be left to remember you?

Why, the mutated survivors, of course.

Hell Puppi
2008-09-27, 12:41 AM
Cowboy BeBop death, me getting shot with a dozen doves flying around behind me, causing the person I love to go off and explode people with grenades.

...or, you know, dying for the people I love, or a nice peaceful death while I sleep.

Lorien077
2008-09-27, 01:24 AM
I think the best response to this is from a friend I had in high school.
He said he wanted to jump from a helicopter, wearing minimal clothes, and holding a spear. The goal is to jump from the helicopter and land on a polar bear and either die from the fall, the bear, or if he somehow won and survived the fall the exposure.

As for myself... aw heck why not. I'll defuse an atomic bomb threatening civilians and go out from radiation poisoning or the trigger explosive going off. Because I'm cheesy enough to wwant to die doing something cool. XD

Kaihaku
2008-09-27, 01:37 AM

Very kind of you. Also, I have to die. All of us do.

Mors ultima linea rerum est

If I was able to choose how I died? Well, I've always joked about it so I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep sometime after my 113th birthday.

Player_Zero
2008-09-27, 01:53 AM
I'm never gonna' die, obviously, but when I do I'd rather pass away peacefully in my jeep.

Callista
2008-10-03, 07:59 PM
Add another one to the "I wanna be a hero" list. Although that's nicer if you survive it, I'll take what I can get!

almyki
2008-10-03, 08:16 PM
Eh, I don't see anything romantic or nice about dying through saving someone else. To be perfectly honest, I would never want to give my life to save anyone else's, or even a good many else's. Maybe if given the decision, I would make the 'right' one, especially if it's, say, a younger family member or something, but I'll be as far from happy or satisfied with it as a person can get XP .

Personally, I like the idea of dying wrapped up in my comfortable blanket, warm and cozy, between wakefulness and dream, then BAM! dead without warning. I heard that jumping out/falling into freezing ocean waters actually makes the person have a very pleasant feeling too, like it felt really good and the mind blanks out or something, before dying, rather than being painful or panicky.

Or, it would be nice if, in my old age after becoming a successful creator of various mangas, books, and other creative pieces, by some supernatural powers I could know I was going to die the day before my death. Then I would be able to let someone (like a hospital) know beforehand of my death, so no poor innocent soul will randomly find my rotting body, then put together all my lovely works and precious material goods and surround myself with them. Reminisce, surround myself with my blanket, open a window, and die with no regrets or last-minute second-guessing.

<3 ali

FoE
2008-10-03, 08:21 PM
I pray that the phrase "riddled with bullets" be associated with my demise. :smalltongue:

Yarram
2008-10-03, 08:50 PM
Drowning in elephant poop has always appealed to me...
But sexual exhaustion suuuure is tempting.

Lex-Kat
2008-10-04, 04:14 AM
I'd like to either die while asleep. Which is uncreative.

or

I'd like to drive my car off a cliff, after setting it on fire. Call me greedy, but I don't want anyone having her, after I'm dead.

eidreff
2008-10-04, 04:23 AM
If I HAD to die.. which if course is optional for glowing rats... I wish that it be swift, painless and involve was amounts of blue cheese, pepper, Henderson's Relish and a hint of marmite.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-04, 05:26 AM
I'd want the same as Lex-Kat (it would hopefully be completely painless as well).

LesterLester
2008-10-04, 07:20 AM
well, most probably i will get the standard ticket (in my sleep or sth. usual), but
interesting ways to die:

heroic sacrifice(well nothing incredibly important; I would just prefer that when it ends, it could help improve some lives (apart from soylent green or my life insurance :smallconfused:)

option number two (the 1984-way-out): (Uhm well whoever hasnt read 1984: spoiler and READ IT!)
trying to oppose some kind of totalitarian regime,inevitably dying from my personal hamartia after getting deported to some kind of room 101 and broken.

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

Heroic failure, that's it.
Japanese has a special word for it (The japanese love losers and have a special place in their heart for failing heroes), but I forgot it. Damn:smallmad:

Beholder1995
2008-10-04, 07:24 AM
I'd die at a ripe old age right after I finally got to the peak of Mt. Everest/set foot at the bottom of the ocean/signed the treaty ensuring world peace/etc.

:smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2008-10-04, 08:28 AM
I'd want to follow in the footsteps of Jean Danjou or the nameless viking that stood off the roman army by himself. Heroic last stand. Likely get schools named after me if people knew who I was.

Edit: and yeah, sexual exhaustion.

rankrath
2008-10-04, 09:01 AM
Killed while battling a zombie horde, while "the end of the world as we know it" plays in the background.

Pepz
2008-10-04, 09:26 AM
I'd say a freak accident including some scantily clad ladies, a lot of chocolate mousse and a big smile on my face ^^

soooo yeah, sexual exhaustion all the way here

Kroy
2008-10-04, 10:01 AM
I'll need a muffin, a cat, and a whole lot of fireworks, but it could be done

Orzel
2008-10-04, 12:52 PM
Zombie bear or a zombie riding a bear
After I killed 100 of his zombie brothers.

Or drown in a vat of fresh squeezed 100% orange juice. NOT FROM CONCENTRATE!!

Threeshades
2008-10-04, 01:39 PM
I'd die fighting the horde, taking as many of them with me as no one ever did before in their last stand. Not even in fiction.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-04, 01:41 PM
I would like to die, but be remembered as,

"we wouldn't have won this war if it weren't for that one guy."

"what was his name again?"

"Aw let's jsut call it The Tomb of That Guy."

"works for me."

Zarrexaij
2008-10-04, 02:55 PM
I want to die pointing my finger and laughing at someone.

When I'm old, of course. :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2008-10-04, 02:57 PM
I want to die pointing my finger and laughing at someone.

When I'm old, of course. :smallbiggrin:

that'd be awesome!

PersonMan
2008-10-05, 12:43 PM
I'd die by somehow getting hit by the apocalypse itself, survive, then look down to see a huge hole in my chest. Then I'd eat Cthulu and explode. Somehow...

If that didn't work, I'd just settle for doing something so [adjective] that Cthulu would scream and run away before I succumb to the laws of psychics and turn into a semi-sentient shotgun.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-05, 12:47 PM
I would be killed by a pirate. Because that's the only thing cool enough to be forgiven for killing me.

Alternatively, by eating way too much fried chicken.

Lupy
2008-10-05, 03:58 PM
Wait!

What if I covered the Topeka-metro area in... GREEN JELLO! And then got stuck in it! That'd be pretty awesome. "And this class is the mass murderer known only as 'Lupy' pronounced 'Loopy' covering Topeka in Jello.

"Teacher! Teacher Lady! Was it gween?!?"

Pan Dildoe
2008-10-05, 04:04 PM
well, since everyone who dies empty his.. youknowwhat... I guess I would love to die on a toilet... just a thought...

Jenkins
2008-10-05, 04:35 PM
Beaten to death with my own arms.

Alternately, as an old man, on a cross-town bus, I would like to randomly, and without warning, explode into a fine mist, leaving the other passengers unharmed. Imagine the emotional scarring.

"Johnny when I was a boy, I once saw a man explode on a bus. That is why I can never ride one again."

Collin152
2008-10-05, 05:07 PM
well, since everyone who dies empty his.. youknowwhat... I guess I would love to die on a toilet... just a thought...

Or better yet, just die by incineration.
Don't have to worry about it.
Pre-cremation, too.

Helanna
2008-10-05, 05:20 PM
I would like to die in some sort of Heroic Sacrifice, preferably saving innocent lives, or sacrificing my life for the cause of freedom and the Rebellion in our dystopian future.

Alternatively, I would like to get myself an archnemesis (he will be the hero, I will be the villain) and invoke My Death is Just the Beginning (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MyDeathIsJustTheBeginning) because I'm a Magnificent Bastard (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagnificentBastard) (also the Chessmaster) (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheChessmaster) as I set an incredibly complex Xanatos Roulette (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosRoulette) into action. I will then arise as a lich and force all life to serve my will.

On an aside, my death plans were never this complicated before I found TV Tropes. :smalltongue:

PhallicWarrior
2008-10-05, 08:15 PM
I would die in the middle of an epic gunfight. (Preferably after taking a ridiculously high number of bullets to the chest and finishing the other side off.) Not even one upon which The Fate of the Free World depended. Just a huge gunfight.

UncleWolf
2008-10-06, 12:04 PM
Beaten to death with my own arms.

Alternately, as an old man, on a cross-town bus, I would like to randomly, and without warning, explode into a fine mist, leaving the other passengers unharmed. Imagine the emotional scarring.

"Johnny when I was a boy, I once saw a man explode on a bus. That is why I can never ride one again."

Okay, now that is the way to go.

Stormthorn
2008-10-06, 08:05 PM
Cowboy BeBop death, me getting shot with a dozen doves flying around behind me, causing the person I love to go off and explode people with grenades.

I thought that was the John Woo death.

FoE
2008-10-06, 11:36 PM
OOH! I know! However I die, I want this associated with my death:

Comrade: Anything in terms of a plan?
Me: We fight.
Comrade: Bit more specific?
Me: Well, personally, I kinda want to slay the dragon.

Skjaldbakka
2008-10-06, 11:51 PM
For me, it a toss-up between heroic sacrifice and peaceful death in my sleep at a ripe old age of 500 or so.

Callista
2008-10-07, 12:03 AM
Well, if you're going to die, and you can control how, why not make it useful?

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-07, 10:57 AM
How would you do it?

I plan on dying at a healthy and robust 150 or so (ain't genetic engineering sweet) leading the gathered tribes of Wisconsin into a final, victorious battle against the dark mutant forces that have risen to take control of the blasted, post-apocalyptic remains of North America. Sword in hand and in full neodrakin scale armor, I'll strike the death blow against their demon-emperor, but perish in the ensuing explosion - finally overwhelmed by my wounds sustained in the previous six weeks of battle.

Hopefully I'll get a sweet monument out of the deal. :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-10-07, 05:56 PM
Well, if you're going to die, and you can control how, why not make it useful?

Control how you die...

I should keep a counter for how many things remind me of Death Note.

Arrogonios
2008-10-07, 08:19 PM
*ticks 'em off* That's at least thirteen now. Well, quasi-references. I doubt most of 'em know what Death Note is; less know they're referring it.

RobotPerfomance
2008-10-07, 11:16 PM
I would go with going in to a black hole. I get to go boldly where no man or woman has gone before. I am pretty sure no one can top it, but if I have to go with something I can pull off here on earth I will go with saving someones life.

Yulian
2008-10-07, 11:29 PM
When I Have To Die Then
I Want To Strangle Myself In Your Black Hair
And When I Have To Die Then
I Want To Suffocate Between Your Sweet Breasts
I Want To Be Blinded By Your Brown Eyes
I Want To Cut My Veins On Your Lips

I Want To Starve In Your Lap
I Want To Burn In Your Bed
I Want To Drown In Your Heat
I Want To Be Poisoned By Your Blood
I Want To Melt Away From Your Kiss

- Yulian

Collin152
2008-10-07, 11:35 PM
New Death Wish:
I want reality to spontaneously cease to exist.
All of it, everything, everyone, gone forever.
No pain, no death, no misery, no existance.

Let us seek solace in the eternal rest of obliteration!

Bladed Raven
2008-10-07, 11:50 PM
I would be the archetypal boyfriend in a slasher movie. I would sacrifice myself to save the leading lady's life by emptying a .45 mag into the slasher's chest only to realize that he is invincible. As the camera would follow the leading lady down the stairs or out of the basement or whatever you would here my screams in the next room.

:smallamused:

horngeek
2008-10-08, 01:26 AM
One of two ways.

The first is after a long and happy life, dying peacefully in bed.

The second? For someone I love (to protect them). Or for my beliefs (religious).
For either of those, I would take any kind of death.

Arrogonios
2008-10-08, 06:19 PM
New Death Wish:
I want reality to spontaneously cease to exist.
All of it, everything, everyone, gone forever.
No pain, no death, no misery, no existance.

Let us seek solace in the eternal rest of obliteration!

Watch us spin 'round in a beautiful oblivion

TheBST
2008-10-08, 06:50 PM
If I could choose, I want it to be in the apocalypse.

Seas turning to blood, atomic explosions, comets hitting mountains, demons chasing people down the street, solar winds, magnitude 10 earthquakes, the fabric of reality shredding before our eyes- exciting s***! I don't want to miss the greatest show on the Earth.