PDA

View Full Version : Troll-sage

Hoplite
2008-08-16, 05:02 AM
Basically, I have this idea for a 4e leader class, a troll-sage:

The ancient troll civilizations of long ago have left few signs of their former existence, yet some scholars dedicate their entire lives finding and studying the last remnants of these great civilizations. The ancient trolls had strange forms of art and writing, but most remarkable of all they had a for us now unknown kind of magic. Some sages studied the rare troll scrolls that teach this magic and they learned how to wield it themselves. These are the Trollsages, dedicated students of the ancient magical art of the old troll civilizations. They cast strange spells that enhance fighting skills, create fear or temporally grant the regenerative abilities of the great troll forefathers.

The magical art of the old trolls has largely been passed on to us in the form of two big writings: The tome of alertness and the carnage scrolls. The carnage scrolls focus on the many wars that the trolls have fought against Eladrin, Minotaurs and other creatures, while the tome of alertness focuses on increasing one’s senses and abilities.

Role: Leader. You are a wielder of ancient magic that buffs your allies and creates fear in the hearts of your enemies.
Power Source: The magical arts of the ancient troll civilizations, also called Troll-lore.

And I was wondering if anybody liked the idea. I was thinking of using the warlord and than change the powers, abilities and flavor and such.