PDA

View Full Version : New ideas?

Jayngfet
2008-08-16, 10:41 PM
I was trying to think of new campane ideas, the one I'm starting soon is a space exploration type campane.

I had another idea for being the first one's to explore the underdark(first known one's).

Does anyone else have interesting campane ideas?

Dr Bwaa
2008-08-16, 10:49 PM
I'm not going to take credit for it all myself, but a while back there was talk of a campaign against a sentient disease. Here's the thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74859); it's very old though so please don't resurrect it!

I'm currently running an adaptation of this idea, inspired by this thread. It's going quite well so far; if you'd like me to elaborate I will.

Other ideas:

Pirates. I don't think there are nearly enough seafaring D&D adventures.

Natural Disaster (flood/drought/fire/earthquaqe/plague of locusts). Damage control/cleanup/prevention ensues. Good RP possibilities here.

A mad wizard has taken to teleporting small towns to the Elemental Plane of Water. Find your way home (to the material plane). Secondary quest: stop the wizard.

A crusade, religious or otherwise. Always a good time.

Xyk
2008-08-16, 10:54 PM
A genius wizard (similar to the emperor of the universe in the Hitchikers guide series) messes with reality. Stop him.

I'd stat him as a level 40ish wizard (3.5), using fly as falling and missing, teleport as thinking "I'm probably over there", epic spells as whatever the hell he's thinking at the moment.