PDA

View Full Version : Miniature

JellyPooga
2006-09-11, 10:27 AM
I was considering creating my character from the Town (Marrik) as a 25mm scale miniature. However, my figure creating skills are currently limited to converting other minis. As such, I need a good model to base him on but haven't seen any that I like.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might be able to get a good Kobold figure (that fits the d&d kobold) for this purpose?

Thanks

P.S. Oh, if I do get round to making and painting him, I'll see about getting a picture posted here so anyone who helped can go "oooooo, I helped him make that" ;D

Ego Slayer
2006-09-11, 02:36 PM
Reaper doesn't have a kobold? That's impossible..

JellyPooga
2006-09-11, 02:56 PM
They do, but they're really stubby. You know the GW halflings? Short and fat. Reapers Kobolds are like that. They're also more dog than dragon. It's a shame because Reaper have some of the best models out there at the moment and I'm sure that one of their sculptors could do a grand job of a d&d style kobold.

Mephibosheth
2006-09-11, 08:20 PM
Couldn't you just use a Warhammer Skink figurine, perhaps removing the large crest from the head in the process of modeling? Or perhaps a Chameleon Skink (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/lizardmen/catalog/chameleon_skinks.htm) figure sans the coiled, prehensile-looking tail? Seems to me that, with a little modeling work, either of these miniatures could work.

Mephibosheth

JellyPooga
2006-09-12, 07:50 AM
Hmm, hadn't thought of that. It's been so long since I've thought of GW being good figures that it didn't even occur to me to consider it. But yeah, that might work. At least its got the scales and the skinny-ness. Legs will probably do too...just need some decent wings now - tyranid gargoyle wings maybe...hmmm [thinky thinky]

thanks

Mephibosheth
2006-09-12, 01:19 PM
How 'bout the wings from Chaos Furies (http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/hordesofchaos/catalog/furies.htm)? They look pretty similar to the wings on your avatar, which I (perhaps erroneously) assume to be your Town character.

Mephibosheth

JellyPooga
2006-09-13, 09:07 AM
Yep, my avvy is my character and the model I'm trying to make is probably going to look something like that (cigar and all).

Those Chaos Furies do look better than the gargoyle wings...[thinky thinky more]

thanks again