PDA

View Full Version : GenCon Indy 2008: Aftermath

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-17, 01:09 PM
While I do realize that GenCon is not truly over until midnight tonight, I felt that I should make this thread since I was one of the early ones to crash and burn. Post pictures, tell stories, flaunt and flaunt your phat lewtz!

Since Nobodylovesyou4 was manning my group's camera, I'll have to wait to get the pictures uploaded but there were many other funny things. First, there was a game played with miniature airplanes (i cant remember what it was called) but I was about to be shot down by Lord Tataraus and being the kill thief I am, I decided to run my plane right into the ground to deny him the kill.

On one of the car 1.5 hour-long car rides home, there was much passing of a single large jawbreaker between me, ahzrael, Fusecase(he goes by a new name on the forums now), and the only female member of our D&D group...Much to the dismay of Lord Tataraus and Homestar3.14.

Aside from 1 too many members of the event staff who didn't know the rules and the horrible customer service, its was probably the best possible 4 3 days I'm going to experience this year. That is, unless I get to see a deathmatch between Chuck Norris and Zombie Mr. Rogers.

Oh, and here my obligatory lewt list.
Damascus Steel Katana w/ free sword stand
Kimono
Airsoft G36C
Wooden Katana
Huge Bowie Knife
Mechwarrior Ares 3-pack (came with a grab bag of unimportant pieces)
GenCon all-in-one gamer pack (bag, vest, badge holder, ashtrays, ect.)

potatocubed
2008-08-17, 01:47 PM
First, there was a game played with miniature airplanes (i cant remember what it was called) but I was about to be shot down by Lord Tataraus and being the kill thief I am, I decided to run my plane right into the ground to deny him the kill.

Wings of War.

I got so much stuff. I have no idea how I'm going to get it all home. My favourite acquisition is the 'Baron Munchausen roleplaying game' which is more of a drinking game with roleplaying influences. Actually, now that I think about it, it might just be a drinking game wrapped in some wonderful prose.

Oh, and I found the Gencon staff less than helpful as well. They didn't really seem to know what was going on half the time.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-17, 03:18 PM
Yeah, because of them im not in the hole for $70 something due to having to buy a new 4-day pass.

ahzreal
2008-08-17, 06:59 PM
That was SOOOO fun! :3 I can't wait to see the group pics and some of the videos!

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-17, 07:08 PM
You guys did get my box of cookies for the Saturday meetup, right? I left them with our dear druid, but had to run to my other meetup; I haven't seen anyone since.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-17, 07:20 PM
Cookies? I never saw any cookies. :frown:

FdL
2008-08-17, 07:50 PM
Any cool social meetings of forumites? Pikch0rz?

Anyone saw anything cool about D&DI software? I'm really hyped on that.

Ranis
2008-08-17, 08:08 PM
For even 25% of the gencon staff to know what's going on would cause a void in the reality nexus.

The Gears of War judge randomly disappeared, and gods forbid any of the staff at the video games booth to actually play the games that they're supposed to be running, let alone actually follow what was in the programs. The Brawl tournament said it was 4-way games, so I signed up for other things when the tournaments were going to happen, only to walk by the area on the way to another event and see they were doing 1v1 games for Brawl. Sigh.

Regardless, I picked up all kinds of awesome things, shirts, Arkham Horror, got to demo countless things, laugh at the fact that WotC couldn't afford a giant humongous booth like they could last year, and the fact that the Bleach booth was the single largest waste of space at the exhibition hall.

Oh, and some people did some dancing. I got it recorded. Muahahahaha.

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-17, 08:35 PM
Cookies? I never saw any cookies. :frown:
I assure you, they were there.

Gwen, I'm afraid I must demand an explanation. :smalltongue:

ahzreal
2008-08-17, 08:40 PM
Oh, and PirateJesus, I also had a camera, so nobodylovesyou4 didn't have the only one in our group. :3

On another note, while i was there, i got two awesome CDs, and a cute little furry black tail, to complete my outfit. ATTENTION FRIENDS!: I plan to wear this outfit to school tomorrow.

P.S.: I'm pretty sure PirateJesus is a good kisser! XD

ahzreal
2008-08-17, 08:41 PM
I assure you, they were there.

Gwen, I'm afraid I must demand an explanation. :smalltongue:

I saw the cookies. :3 Mmmm..

tyckspoon
2008-08-17, 09:01 PM
I saw the cookies. :3 Mmmm..

I remember Zeb running off with them. Don't know when they eventually got opened and distributed, but I have to assume somebody ate them.

ahzreal
2008-08-17, 09:04 PM
I remember Zeb running off with them. Don't know when they eventually got opened and distributed, but I have to assume somebody ate them.

Ya, that was funny. :smallbiggrin: But i also dunno where they ended up. I think there must have been some kinda of sweet-thief there or something, because i lost my candy-horde while i was there. >_<

The Valiant Turtle
2008-08-17, 09:11 PM
My Friday night visit was somewhat short, but enjoyable. With luck next year I'll get to really attend the whole thing.

Kyrian
2008-08-17, 09:14 PM
I'm almost scared to ask how the turtle handled playing character Kyrian... >.>

ahzreal
2008-08-17, 09:27 PM
So, i'm curious. How many of you guys are locals of Indiana? I am, and was kind of wondering how far you guys traveled to get here and stuff.

tyckspoon
2008-08-17, 10:11 PM
/me points at location entry

And I think Kyrian and Krade are also local to the city.

Kyrian
2008-08-17, 10:18 PM
I'd point at my location, but I'm certain it doesn't say Indy.

Yes, Krade and I live here. Me, I'm about 15-30 mins south of downtown, depending on traffic and how fast I drive.

Ranis and Jaspero are also Indy natives.

And you can ask my group...I don't know jack about where stuff downtown is. Shush Indy! :smalltongue::smallbiggrin::smallwink:

potatocubed
2008-08-17, 11:33 PM
I came about 6000 miles.

...what?

burninnapalm
2008-08-17, 11:43 PM
i came from Maryland, but it was enjoyable, but by far not the best... there were too many people that had no idea what was happening, where it was happening, and at time. i went to the staff in the marriot hotel to see where the Indiana ballroom was, and they were like... there is an Indiana ballroom?

other then that, it was enjoyable. and i know understand how actors feel. when i put on my Creature of the Dark costume, i was accosted by pictures, especially when i accidentally went by the GITP booth with it on.

i forgot about the meet-up because i was at the dance, but i will be there next year. cant wait.

Krade
2008-08-18, 09:03 AM
Well... here goes:

I am EXHAUSTED!!!

I haven't really slept since Thursday night and have not been eating particularly well. For those of you who weren't there, around 4:30pm Friday, while I was hanging around the closest thing to a party room this year with Zeb, Indy, and Kyrian. The best part about this was that I entered this drawing only because Allara told me to get the paper and copy down the answers that the group had been working on.

Anyway... I'd better stop before I pass out and slam my head my keyboard.

Hmm... it looks like this is the appropriate place to put this up. Upon reading again after some 17 hours of uninterupted sleep, I see that some of it doesn't really make much sense. I will now clarify it a bit.

For those of you who weren't there, around 4:30pm Friday, while I was hanging around the closest thing to a party room this year with Zeb, Indy, and Kyrian... ... I got a phone call telling me I had won the daily drawing at the Cheese Weasel booth. I got a free badge for next year, a board game called Pit Fighter, a special edition copy of Tabula Rasa (which I'm probably going to sell), and assorted other things that I gave to Indy, Zeb, Allara, Ceika, and Tantolian (since it was their answers I had copied to win the drawing).

That about clears up any possible confusion on that post (along with putting it up in a new thread where more people will actually read it).

Adn the part about almost slamming my head on the key board really did happen, quite frankly, I think I'm lucky I didn't, and it's a frickin' miracle I even finished that sentence, let alone with proper spelling and grammar... okay, proper spelling (I just realized that I did not, in fact, manage proper grammar).

Edit: I think the definitive list of peoples who live here in Indianapolis is me, Ranis, El Jaspero, Kyrian, and Tyckspoon. There are others in Indiana as well, that I know of, that's Raldor and Renegade Paladin. There's probably more though.

Kyrian
2008-08-18, 09:33 AM
and assorted other things that I gave to Indy, Zeb, Allara, Ceika, and Tantolian (since it was their answers I had copied to win the drawing).

I'll be stealing credit here that if it weren't for my cards, they wouldn't have gotten the answers to give to you... :smalltongue: So I'll be stealing your stuffs...

Nah, not really. I've gotten MORE than enough stuff from GenCon. Can't even find places to put all of it right now.

The Valiant Turtle
2008-08-18, 09:34 AM
I'm almost scared to ask how the turtle handled playing character Kyrian... >.>

There wasn't too much role-playing required, so I just fought the best I could. He was built more for wading through crowds, and the encounters weren't crowded enough to make the most of him. Indy actually omitted the 2nd encounter which he said would have been more crowded and better suited to him.

On the whole I had a blast playing though.

Ranis
2008-08-18, 09:51 AM
I live about 15 minutes from downtown, and am desperately searching for a D&D 3.5 or 4.0 game to join.

*cough*

Yes, me living here is quite convenient. I go to school in downtown Indianapolis, as well.

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-18, 11:59 AM
Do I need to throw acid at Zeb for stealing my cookies? :smalltongue:

SMEE
2008-08-18, 12:39 PM
I came about 6000 miles.

...what?

6275 miles here... >.>

Worth every second. Once I get my DSL to work again, I'm posting some photos.

Worth every penny I spent at GenCon as well... :smallbiggrin:

WalkingTarget
2008-08-18, 01:15 PM
Got my copy of War and XPs, the magnet, and picked up a copy of the Goblins comic while I was at it.
Got my new Arkham Horror expansions (and got to play a game, eventually, after a couple of false starts on other days).
Got my hardback copy of Delta Green: Eyes Only signed by the guys at the Pagan Publishing booth.
Got my traditional Riddle Master badge sticker from the Cloud Kingdom booth.
Got to see the big group of college buddies that I rarely get to see anywhere but at GenCon (which is, honestly, why I attend in the first place).
Got to meet the other GitP people who went to the meetup on Thursday when we played that Werewolf game. :smallbiggrin: Sorry I couldn't make it to any of the other meetups though. I wish I had at least been able to make it to the gathering for the video for the Giant. :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-18, 04:02 PM
Will be there next year.

Except Gencon, is there anything to do in the area around that time? Since my parents have already forbidden me to go tour round there to visit all the playgrounders there....

wxdruid
2008-08-18, 04:25 PM
Sorry, been busy looking over a few char sheets for a game...

Renegade Paladin, the cookies did indeed land in Alarra's hands. I personally handed them to her myself. What happened after that point? Well, I have no idea.

I had a ton of fun all Saturday and some on Sunday. I met up with new and old friends (in person vs on the forum), enjoyed the meet up and I really enjoyed hanging out with Vael for most of Saturday and then with Lykan and Lex-kat after they found us.

Interesting things I bought were, a large, heavy artistically cast brass? skull for my brother. A leather choker to add to my halloween costume and leather wristbands. Two pigstickers...not really, more like two letter openers. Bells for my ankle. A cute little pewter druid from Ceika and Tantolian. The Dorkness Rising DVD and had them all sign it and some really funny shaped dice. Hm, yes, and books, two OOTS, and lots of gaming books.

I'm contemplating dressing up for next year on Saturday...

Indurain
2008-08-18, 07:11 PM
Well, I'm home safe and sound, and thought I'd report in on my GenCon fun.

First off...GENCON WAS AMAZING! I thought nothing could top last year, and without a Llama, it was tough, but I think looking back, I did have even more fun this time around. (Further proof that Llama better show up next year!)

Purchases/Schwag: Three headed flail, Magnetic Gaming Mat w/ dungeon wall set, a bunch of pre-gen maps, dungeon tiles, a stuffed cow.

It was really great to see everyone there, big meetups are always a blast, but there's a few special mentions that I want to throw out here.

Alarra and Zeb: What can I say? You guys made sure I had a place to stay, and were my main company the entire time. Us old, broken people need to stick together because we can't keep up with the youngins. Thank you both so much. I love you guys.

Ceika and Jesthik: I'd be lying to say this wasn't my main reason to look forward to GenCon was to meet you guys, and you didn't let me down. You are every bit the amazing people in person as you are over the interwebs. And you're both awesome cuddlers!

Felixaar: For kicking ass in Nascrag, and for the timely punchlines you threw out (even making us laugh after you'd left. The note was priceless). It was a real pleasure meeting you, and hope we can do it again sometime.

Gwen: It's always a pleasure to see you, and the cow just made my night.

Raldor: Thanks for jumping into my (poorly-planned) game. It was great to meet you.

The Girls: I love you guys, from the bottom of my heart. Phoe for laughing at my (often bad) jokes. SMEE for joining us on the late night swim. Sweetie, for just being you, you're the best!!

Krade: For extra free shwag!!

Renegade Paladin: For the cookies. (Yeah, that's right, they ended up in my belly!!)

Shadow: Even though he wasn't there, he still provided a fair bit of entertainment. (Face it...YOU LOST NEMESIS!!)

AngelSword: Wish we'd gotten to see more of you this year, but it was a pleasure as always. Thanks for not jumping this year!

Everyone who came to the meetups: It's always great meeting new faces, even if we don't get a chance to talk (Sorry about blowing the Werewolf game)

I think that about sums it up...yeah...no one else I need to thank specifically.

Pictures will be coming shortly. Thanks again everyone...see ya next year.

Hey Kryian: I wouldn't forget you. Thanks for letting me molest you!

SMEE
2008-08-18, 07:40 PM
Well... no DSL yet... stupid phone company screwing up things while I'm away.

Well, next year I'll be there unless I get something more important (like SRS) scheduled to happen by August.
And if I go, I'll try to get my little brother along with me this time. And maybe someone else as well. :smallsmile:

All I can say is that I had a blast. I'm missing you all already. It'll be tough to wake up tomorrow morning and not see Phoe, Reina and Amber around.
And realize that I'm not going to see the rest of you for a long while as well... :smallfrown:

And I was a good girl. I definitly behaved at my room... yes... of course... I always kept fully dressed, even when going to sleep... >.>
Indeed, because that's definitly how I am... a good girl... <.<;

Why I have this strange feeling few will belive me, if any...

ahzreal
2008-08-18, 07:50 PM
Ya, i definately think the GitP meet-up was the coolest thing that happened there, and I saw a scottish guy knock over children! (pricelessly funny because my friend Lindsy was included inthe group because of her height, or lack there of! XD) I can't wait to see the timewarp video. :smallbiggrin: That's gonna be great.

nobodylovesyou4
2008-08-18, 09:02 PM
hey guys, sorry i didnt post in this thread sooner, but i didnt actually notice it until i specifically looked for it.

it was an assload of fun, i have to admit. meeting all you guys was pretty cool (especially you, indurain - man, you crazy!). i made a bunch of new friends (tyck, potatocubed, lex-kat), so you guys need to keep me posted on whats happening around this forum, because i often dont pay much attention.

also, krade, you need to get that time-warp video up. that was my shining moment :smallbiggrin:

SMEE
2008-08-19, 07:41 AM
Okay... so... photos...

http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/default.aspx?mask=gencon

Warning, the page above is image heavy, and most photos are really blurry.
I'll work on removing the ones that are far too blurry.
It seems that old age is catching up my hands... :smallfrown:

Kaelaroth
2008-08-19, 09:57 AM
Okay... so... photos...

http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/default.aspx?mask=gencon

Warning, the page above is image heavy, and most photos are really blurry.
I'll work on removing the ones that are far too blurry.
It seems that old age is catching up my hands... :smallfrown:

Any hint of who some of the people in the pictures are, for those of us who weren't there? Pleeeeease? :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 10:02 AM
*recognizes people such as Zeb, Larra and Indy*

No..... I haven't looked to much through the you thread to much.... Why do you ask?

nobodylovesyou4
2008-08-19, 01:28 PM
i am in very few of those pictures... one of them is of me, but its all blurry ><

im the kid with the cadet cap and the funny hair sticking out from underneath it.

SMEE
2008-08-19, 01:42 PM
Sorry... my hands aren't too stable to deal with cameras. My doc and I are trying to figure out what exactly is the source of the problem.

Next year I'll bring a camera with image stabilization to see if it helps. And probably take someone else to take the pictures as well... :smallfrown:

WalkingTarget
2008-08-19, 02:19 PM
Any hint of who some of the people in the pictures are, for those of us who weren't there? Pleeeeease? :smallsmile:

Well, I'm they guy in the black shirt in the lower right of pictures 6-10 with his back to the camera and who is obscured by other people in the back-center of 11-13.

Maybe I'm just naturally sneaky.

Ž.Ž
⌐.⌐

Anyway, I see that other people were staying at the Comfort Suites as well (or I guess given the decor in the first few pictures).

ahzreal
2008-08-19, 02:58 PM
Someone needs to post a link to the timewarp video that got taken.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2008-08-19, 03:02 PM
I seem to have missed pretty well all the official meetups; hopefully next year the schedules will work out smoother for me. I picked up a few splatbooks and things here and there. Pretty well the only interesting bit of swag I got this year around was (ta-da!) being part of the second-place team for the NASCRAG tournament this year! Rawk!

Really, even more stunning to me than our taking second is that we beat so many really, really good teams in the final round. To be standing up there collecting swag while teams like MahnaMahna and the Mammals aren't? For a NASCRAGger, that's downright stunning.

Also, I apparently met Kyrian: Dude, I am so fantastically sorry. I seriously did not realize it was you. I was completely wiped out and brain-fried from round 1 of the tournament. You should have slapped me or something.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 03:11 PM
Sorry... my hands aren't too stable to deal with cameras. My doc and I are trying to figure out what exactly is the source of the problem.

Next year I'll bring a camera with image stabilization to see if it helps. And probably take someone else to take the pictures as well... :smallfrown:
I'm taking pictures next year. Or atleast I plan to.
I'm a halfway decent photographer. And have a good small camera.

And then I want to see all of you!!!!! Since I'l be across the pond then, and that only happens in...... Well, my first time across the pond actually then.... Just for you and genconnnnnn..........

Krade
2008-08-19, 03:22 PM
Wow...

The Indy's Child picture is even better than last year's. Good show!

Edit: Also, for everyone's benefit, the guy with the Banjo puppet in the front of the group photo isn't really on the boards. He said he had something like three posts and I can't remember what his screenname is. He is also dressed up like Elan (he had a wig earlier, but I can tell you from personal experience that sticking your long hair under your shirt to wear a wig is very uncomfortable).

paladin_carvin
2008-08-19, 05:54 PM
You know, I checked today. It's more like 10 posts. :smallamused:

I'd love to have the video of my entry to the gencon costume contest.

Wow...

The Indy's Child picture is even better than last year's. Good show!

Edit: Also, for everyone's benefit, the guy with the Banjo puppet in the front of the group photo isn't really on the boards. He said he had something like three posts and I can't remember what his screenname is. He is also dressed up like Elan (he had a wig earlier, but I can tell you from personal experience that sticking your long hair under your shirt to wear a wig is very uncomfortable).

Kyrian
2008-08-19, 08:44 PM
Also, I apparently met Kyrian: Dude, I am so fantastically sorry. I seriously did not realize it was you. I was completely wiped out and brain-fried from round 1 of the tournament. You should have slapped me or something.

It's really ok. I assumed you'd know it was me. And never spoke up about my name. Of course, you missed my Friday Night introduction:

"I'm Drunk!"

nobodylovesyou4
2008-08-19, 08:47 PM
It's really ok. I assumed you'd know it was me. And never spoke up about my name. Of course, you missed my Friday Night introduction:

"I'm Drunk!"

holy ****, that was you? that was hilarious. you were like, "i was thirsty, and all they had was alcohol, so..." i got a kick out of that because ALCOHOL DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

Ego Slayer
2008-08-19, 09:34 PM
Holy catgirl, Reina... looks like you're wearing the most awesome outfit ever. Ever. :O

FdL
2008-08-19, 09:46 PM
Seconded and thirded. You look awesome there kitty! :o

PhoeKun
2008-08-19, 10:31 PM
I can't take credit for the cat ears, but I had a hand in most of the rest of that outfit.

Easily the best gift I've ever given. :smallsmile:

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-19, 10:47 PM
Pictures! I must see pictures! Where are they?

How is picture formed?
How is picture formed?
How photo get taken?

Alarra
2008-08-19, 11:11 PM
The cookies were there. Look! You can even see them in several posts. I'm not sure how many people got some though. We passed them around, and then they got sat off to the side and forgotten for awhile and then those of us at the hotel ate the rest later, I think. They were good though. :smallbiggrin:

Thes Hunter
2008-08-19, 11:25 PM
Yeah it is really too bad that I had to miss the meetup because I was off NASCRAGing.

It's hard to be a testosterone laden bugbear sea captain, with many weemins.

*flexs biceps*
*says* Howya'doooooooin! *to all da ladies* :smallwink:

But it was great meeting all the people I was able to without the meetups!

I guess I just do too much roleplaying and mini painting when I am at Gen Con. :smallwink:

Krade
2008-08-19, 11:31 PM
Well, if one thing can be said said, I do think Thes and I did have the funniest misunderstanding of the weekend. Something about babelfish being on the wrong setting?

I was so happy that I actually got that reference. I just read those books about a month and a half ago.

Edit: Found her actual post in the other thread concerning the whole thing:

Ok, supposively I had a different conversation with Krade and Vael than I thought I had.

I believe the conversation went like this:

Me: "Hey Krade, where's Alarra?"
Krade: "I don't know."
Me: "Oh, then maybe I will call her, sometime.... soon....."

This is the conversation I had told to me by Alarra as:

Me: Mumble mumble
Krade: Are you coming to the meetup that is just upstairs and soon?
Me: Absolutely, I will be right there!

Obviously I was speaking Thes, and didn't have my babblefish turned to the right setting.

I am pretty free tomorrow, with no plans, so is anyone thinking about doing any delves or anything?

Lex-Kat
2008-08-19, 11:31 PM
In SMEE's photos, I'm in frames 6-11, 13, 33, 35, 41, 42, 48, 49, 53, & 58. Way too many in my opinion.

My treasues:
A half painted mini from my beginner's paint class.
War & XPs w/ Elan magnet
A dicebag with an elven archer drawn by Alan S. Dyson
Ten magnets with art by Heather V. Kreiter
A personalized drawing done by David K. Wong
2 art prints from Anne Stokes
An art poster for the Alteil card game.
2 hentai video games.
5 new T-shirts
2 new sets of dice
the same gift bag anyone else there had a chance to get

I had a great time. I wish I could've hung out with some of you more, maybe gotten to know others a little better. The only bad part was that I got lost, every night, trying to find my way back to my hotel. I'm horrible at navigation, need to get a GPS before next year.

I was ecstatic to meet finally meet Vael, SMEE, SweetRein, & wxdruid. I was later honored to have talked with nobodylovesyou4, Lord Tartarus, potatocubed, PirateJesus, Lykan, & Angelsword.

And, of course, Zeb & Alarra. Thank you for guiding things along. It's nice to have someone take the lead. And thank you Indurain, for killing me during the third round of Werewolf.

I need to get my photos downloaded, then I'll share.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-19, 11:34 PM
2 hentai video games.

Hehe. Sounds fun. Am I the only one to notice that at least half of the anime stuff sold there was hentai?

Lex-Kat
2008-08-19, 11:42 PM
a cute little furry black tail, to complete my outfit.

That was a cute tail. It really did look great, and oh so soft.

As for distance away, I live only four hours away.

Kyrian
2008-08-20, 12:31 AM
holy ****, that was you? that was hilarious. you were like, "i was thirsty, and all they had was alcohol, so..." i got a kick out of that because ALCOHOL DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

Well, I was thirsty, and all they had was alcohol, so... >.>

Sure it works that way, didn't you see how happy I was Friday night?

Come back next year, I promise there shall be a repeat performance!

Zeb The Troll
2008-08-20, 12:38 AM
And, of course, Zeb & Alarra. Thank you for guiding things along. It's nice to have someone take the lead. And thank you Indurain, for killing me during the third round of Werewolf.Obviously Alarra and I are in quite a few of those photos. And yes, I think there were quite a few people in the Comfort Suites. I wish I'd known that, we'd have arranged to hang out more.

As for taking the lead, I'm sorry it was a bit rough shod. It just seemed a shame to me that we were all there and not really getting to know each other. I have some experience in leadership so it just seemed natural to fill that need when it came up, even if it wasn't as good as it could have been. With that in mind, however, Alarra and I are contemplating taking a more proactive lead for next year and actually having a schedule, or at least a list of things to do, for the meetup portion. It's still in the amorphous planning stages but we'll give more details when the time comes (hint, I took some cues from the sanctioned WW game that happened next to us during Indurain's one-off 4E session). We'll probably also canvas for people to help us out.

In all, I'm really glad that as many people showed up and participated as did, if even from an obervatory position. I always enjoy meeting new Playgrounders, even moreso when there's time to have a conversation and get to know them.

Other highlights that I'd like to share, we had a 100% Playground team for NASCRAG. We didn't do as well as Thes and El J did, but we had a LOT of fun doing it and we have every intention of doing it again. In fact, our tales of the first round appear to have possibly garnered enough interest to possibly field two playground teams next year. I hope so, but we'll cross that bridge in a few months, eh? :smallcool:

Speaking of NASCRAG, Indy, did you get any good info from BaCON II?

PhoeKun
2008-08-20, 12:51 AM
I feel like I should apologize to everyone. I would have liked to speak with more of you, and gotten to know... well, any of you. But I was basically a non-entity, aside from being the person more or less hanging on SweetRein's arm all weekend.

This seems to happen to me at most of the meetups I've been to; I keep hanging back, and then I don't leave any impression on most everyone there. I'm a quiet person, I realize, but I'm really starting to dislike the dynamic I'm creating.

I'll try to do better next time, I promise.

Zeb The Troll
2008-08-20, 01:49 AM
*hugs Phoebe*

I highly encourage people who meet this lovely lass to take her aside and have a more intimate conversation. Once you get her out of the mass mayhem she's honestly a lot of fun and very cool (and a ringer at Wii Sports :smallwink: ). I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Indurain
2008-08-20, 01:52 AM
Speaking of NASCRAG, Indy, did you get any good info from BaCON II?

Our DM had already departed by the time I got to BaCON II, so sadly, I did not.

Alarra
2008-08-20, 02:02 AM
le saaaad.

And yes, Ms. Phoe...you're one of my favorite people ever, you know...and quiet though you may be, you're still a blast to hang out with.

I had a great time at gen-con this year. Not that I ever don't.... I will admit that I was a bit apprehensive about participating in nascrag..I'm not generally very good at the whole role-playing thing. I tend to get very nervous and stop talking. However...I had a blast. And I must say that playing one of a pair of twin sister dancing girls with Indurain was definitely one of the highlights of my weekend.

I'm always sad that I don't get to see as much of El J as I would like at these things...especially with how little I see him online anymore. Although, this year, I was happy to find that we actually found some time to sit and chat.

And yes, as Zeb said...we do have plans to make a longer, more official meetup for next year, so...we'll see how that works out.

It was really great to meet all of you that I hadn't before, and of course to see all of my old friends again. I miss you all already!

And Indy...seriously....im me! :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-20, 02:06 AM
*takes note to also talk to Phoe* For how silent and unnoticed you go on these forums, you are one kick-ass lady!

V : I'm already looking forward to have atleast some silly fun with you RHL...

Even though, I'l most likely stick in the back or something......

RabbitHoleLost
2008-08-20, 02:08 AM
I'm hoping to go next year, cause it sounds like its a ton of fun, and I wish I could have met so many of you :smallfrown:
So, yes. Need to save up for all the super-awesome-GitP things to do next year.

Lykan
2008-08-20, 02:50 AM
For those who were so keen on me putting this up: Here yah go (http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Other%20Pics/?action=view&current=P1000874.flv).

Lex-Kat
2008-08-20, 03:05 AM
OMG!!:smallbiggrin:

Indurain
2008-08-20, 03:22 AM
For those who were so keen on me putting this up: Here yah go (http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i311/ChimeraHybrid/Other%20Pics/?action=view&current=P1000874.flv).

See that Shadow...ALL MINE!!

Zeb The Troll
2008-08-20, 03:32 AM
*cries at not being able to see photobucket*

I have to remember to look at it when I get home.

(Pssst... which video is this?)

Indurain
2008-08-20, 03:42 AM
*cries at not being able to see photobucket*

I have to remember to look at it when I get home.

(Pssst... which video is this?)

I'll call it the "Men With Hats" Video. (The one made at the request of the girls)

SMEE
2008-08-20, 04:37 AM
Yay! We got footage of the "men in hats" kissing! :smallbiggrin:

I have to say I wish I had found some of you people on saturday. For most of it I was wandering aimlessly getting gifts for friends and family, and being asked if I could have my picture taken (which was such a huge ego booster... >.>)

Ms. Phoe, aka my beloved sister, is indeed such a wonderful person to talk to. I highly suggest everyone to try and talk to her next time.
Still, it was very understandable that she was mostly hanging with the lovely Reina. They haven't met in person for quite some time. :smallsmile:

Next year there will be kissing... that's something I should have done this year, but I missed the proper opportunity...

Ranis
2008-08-20, 06:02 AM
Hehe. Sounds fun. Am I the only one to notice that at least half of the anime stuff sold there was hentai?

Yeah, well, think about the demographic of people that go to GenCon. Large nerd-horde. Sigh.

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-20, 06:28 AM
Out of curiosity, which Comfort Suites? If it was the one at the junction of I-70 and Shadeland Avenue, I'm going to kick myself for not asking about it when I saw the hotel stationery on your list of food numbers; I was in room 321 out there.

soozenw
2008-08-20, 06:37 AM
Bah, I'm sad that I wasn't around to see details for the meetup! I was there Wed-Sun. Granted, we took our son, and he's only 1, so I have an early bedtime.

Anyone made their reservations for next year yet? We reserved a room at Homewood Suites as soon as we got back, but are still looking for a better deal on a room (outside the block). We stayed at StayBridge Suites this time, and it was FANTASTIC! just a little far from the con...Cuz walking 6 blocks with a 1 year old seems like 6 miles. :smallwink:

SMEE
2008-08-20, 07:06 AM
Phoe, Reina, Amber and I were at the room 615 at Comfort Suits Center, at west st, near to Lucas Oil Stadium.
Alarra, Zeb, Indurian and Felixar where there as well. Room 301 if I'm not wrong.

I'm hoping that my SRS doesn't get scheduled for the same month of GenCon next year. I really want to be at GenCon again.

soozenw
2008-08-20, 07:13 AM
Phoe, Reina, Amber and I were at the room 615 at Comfort Suits Center, at west st, near to Lucas Oil Stadium.
Alarra, Zeb, Indurian and Felixar where there as well. Room 301 if I'm not wrong.

Argh! Our hotel was RIGHT NEXT DOOR! Blast! We actually made reservations at Comfort Suites 1st, but Staybridge was a little cheaper for a bigger room.

Looking at the pictures, I saw some of you in passing. Figures.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2008-08-20, 08:17 AM
Re: BaCon 1b: Mark and Marg never made it up to the house on Sunday. I think Marg was wiped out and just wanted to get home, which is unfortunate, since we still have a pound of bacon they brought and left in the fridge. I bought the module CD, so if you have questions about it I might be able to answer them once I read it.

Re: leaving things: We have acquired a green metallic Starbuck's...vessel. It's too tall to call it a mug, but it's plastic and therefore clearly not a glass. Whatever. If anybody wants to claim it, PM me your address and I'll get it back to you.

Re: BaCon II: likely.

WalkingTarget
2008-08-20, 09:24 AM

Wow, I was in 619 and we never ran into each other there... :smallconfused::smallfrown:

Krade
2008-08-20, 09:59 AM

It was room 401, I believe. I remember because I had to find it a couple times by myself because I won a LOT of stuff and needed a place to leave it so I didn't develope back problems.

Next year, I'm gonna bring a mule or something.

Edit: I would so be interested in being on an all OotS NASCRAG team next year. I wanna be on Indy's team!:smallbiggrin:

Lord Tataraus
2008-08-20, 10:09 AM
Well, I've got to say that GenCon was definitely a blast, the Werewolf game was pretty fun though nobody wouldn't stay dead and I got a kick out of everyone recognizing PirateJesus, but not really anyone else when my group showed up. And it was hilarious to walk around with Ahz who kept on getting his picture taken.

My loots:
Hunter: The Vigil
Mage: The Awakening
Munchkin Fu & Munchkin Fu 2
Munchkin Booty
Munchkin Cthulu 3 (already had the rest)
Munchkin Blender
UFS starter decks and boosters
Random free loots

Hunter is amazing and definitely going to try and get a pbp of that going at some point. Those who joined my group to play that amazing blendered Munchkin game know that was a lot of fun. And I got really interested in UFS due to the demo, so I guess it worked :smalltongue: I hope I'll get the money to go next year and I wish we could have stayed longer but I need to drive 1.5 hours each direction and that really drains me.

AmberVael
2008-08-20, 10:32 AM
Lets see if I can list what I got...

-Renegade Cleric's Tome (Mongoose Publishing)
-Renegade Wizard's Spellbook (Mongoose Publishing)
-Epic Monsters (Mongoose Publishing)
-Liber Bestarius
-Aerial Flight Adventure Guide (or something like that)
-Castlemourn Campaign Setting (by Ed Greenwood)
-Living Fantasy (by one Gary Gygax)
-And some book about magic items
-a set of black dice with red (elven?) designs around the numbers
-a single black die with a star pattern
-lots of magic cards (I played draft- it was fun. Sadly I don't think I'll be using those cards again..)

So mostly dice and books.

Cristo Meyers
2008-08-20, 11:40 AM
*sigh*

...and I missed everything because of a visiting father-in-law. And then had friends who had gone crash at my place the Monday after so I could hear about how great it was...

Next year, definitely next year.

Supagoof
2008-08-20, 01:19 PM
Plans on it. The pics, the people, the place = too much greatness to miss out on.
Boom De Yada
Now the question will be to fly or drive next year, and pick up hitchhikers (Cristo, Shadow, Trog, Thes....) on the way.
Boom De Yada
Oh, and Hey El J - looks like your award for Pirate ITP is expired. Perhaps you should go show support to the next person deserving of such and honor?

Cristo Meyers
2008-08-20, 01:34 PM
Boom De Yada
Now the question will be to fly or drive next year, and pick up hitchhikers (Cristo, Shadow, Trog, Thes....) on the way.
Boom De Yada

You and me in a car for at least 4 hours...

...now that would be an adventure...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-20, 01:38 PM
I wanna list of all whose planning to go to the next gencon. A.K.A pretty much all the people I want to meet īn greet īn talk to there and stuff....

Cristo Meyers
2008-08-20, 01:44 PM
I'll be there if I have to walk.

I am not missing the next one like I missed this one.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-20, 02:04 PM
Also, Iīm seeing reservations being made very, very, very, early....

Would there be any place I could bunk at or something? I could bring mah inflatable matress and sleeping bagg and such prolly, so a bed isnīt required... (would be nice...)

Or am I worried unneeded...?

Alarra
2008-08-20, 03:01 PM
Edit: I would so be interested in being on an all OotS NASCRAG team next year. I wanna be on Indy's team!:smallbiggrin:

Sorry Krade...Indy's team is full. We're in the process of organizing a second team out of the 'waiting list' for ours. :smallredface: You're more than welcome to be on that team however.

potatocubed
2008-08-20, 03:02 PM
Would there be any place I could bunk at or something? I could bring mah inflatable matress and sleeping bagg and such prolly, so a bed isnīt required... (would be nice...)

Honestly, the suite I was in (Staybridge Suites also, room 312) would have slept about 12 - more if they were friendly. If crash space is what you're looking for, I bet people have plenty.

If I go to Gencon next year it'll be because I've found one or more people to share a room with, since the hotel was the lion's share of my costs. We'll see how things go.

ahzreal
2008-08-20, 05:11 PM
That was a cute tail. It really did look great, and oh so soft.

As for distance away, I live only four hours away.

Aww, thanks. :smallredface: And yes, it is VERY soft. :3

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-20, 06:10 PM
Yeah I would've rather stayed down there instead of having to ride back and forth (although saturday's ride home was fun as hell) I wouldn't mind crashing in someone's closet as long as they move the skeletons off to one side :tongue:

That or I could just crash in the convention center. I mean, they have all those soft benches and couches, how could they not expect tired gamers to sleep there?

soozenw
2008-08-20, 06:30 PM
Honestly, the suite I was in (Staybridge Suites also, room 312) would have slept about 12 - more if they were friendly. If crash space is what you're looking for, I bet people have plenty.

We were the ones with the cute baby at breakfast. :smallwink:

Yeah, our room (617, one of the 2 bedroom suites) slept 8 comfortably (i.e. in a bed), or 20 if they were really friendly.

burninnapalm
2008-08-20, 06:39 PM
i slept in the center my first year. all was going great until i woke up with my money missing... then i vowed not to do that again. I was in the homewood suites this year and it was incredible. not only did they have a pull put sleeper sofa, but a nice kings size bed and a wall bed and a separate room with 2 more beds in it. i had a full kitchen, free internet, free breakfasts AND dinners, not to mention HBO, and all of this for under 1k for an entire week. this was less then a one bed room at the Hyatt for just the weekend. so not only do they provide more room, but they make your feel like you are at home and give you a ton of benefits for almost half the price.

I will be going next year, and i hope to meet people and hang out this year.

Mushroom Ninja
2008-08-20, 07:55 PM
I wish I could have made it. Unfortunately I was seeing relatives on the east coast at the time. Some people at the local gaming club made it though. I'll have to bug them for details when we start meeting again.

Krade
2008-08-20, 08:20 PM
That or I could just crash in the convention center. I mean, they have all those soft benches and couches, how could they not expect tired gamers to sleep there?

Trust me when I say this to you: That is not a good plan. I tried to do this on Saturday night and not only are those "soft benches and couches" not all that comfy, the security guards will do everything in thier power to make sure you don't sleep. This includes a possibility of being escorted off the premesis.

So no, don't try that. Even though I live in the city, I'm thinking about trying to get in a hotel room with a few people next year.

soozenw
2008-08-20, 08:46 PM
i slept in the center my first year. all was going great until i woke up with my money missing... then i vowed not to do that again. I was in the homewood suites this year and it was incredible. not only did they have a pull put sleeper sofa, but a nice kings size bed and a wall bed and a separate room with 2 more beds in it. i had a full kitchen, free internet, free breakfasts AND dinners, not to mention HBO, and all of this for under 1k for an entire week. this was less then a one bed room at the Hyatt for just the weekend. so not only do they provide more room, but they make your feel like you are at home and give you a ton of benefits for almost half the price.

I will be going next year, and i hope to meet people and hang out this year.

Yay! That's where we have reservations for next year! I was hoping someone would have a good experience from staying there.

Lex-Kat
2008-08-20, 11:50 PM
Hey, I'm definitely going next year. If anyone wants to go in on a room with me, I'm completely willing to split the costs evenly.:smallsmile:

Otherwise, I'll have to get a cheap room out in the boondocks again, getting lost every night for four days straight.:smallyuk::smallfrown:

Indurain
2008-08-21, 03:11 AM
PICTURES!!

Steak and Shake Goodness:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0452.jpg

That Crazy Ceika:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0454.jpg

The Bard (No, not Shakespeare):
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0455.jpg

Ceika, Jesthik, Indy and Indy's Belly get comfortable:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0456.jpg

SnuggleFest '08:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0462.jpg

wxdruid with that crazy Aussie in the Back:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0466.jpg

Super Munchkin Game:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0467.jpg

The longest running Playgrounders in attendance:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0468.jpg

The Group:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0472.jpg

Starscream:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0473.jpg

NOT AGAIN:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0475.jpg

I think that's a lvl 2 Sayian:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0483.jpg

Oh...a Heart...you want a heart. Sorry, we're all out:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0486.jpg

The Girls <3:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0487.jpg

A really tall Llama wannabe:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0488.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0489.jpg

Obligatory Picture:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0491.jpg

This is for you SweetRein:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0493.jpg

Spamforce:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0497.jpg

The 2nd Hottest Pirate at the Con:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0498.jpg

Ceika demonstrates another use for a flail: (Warning - Adult Content)
KIDDING.

ahzreal
2008-08-21, 04:50 AM
Yeah I would've rather stayed down there instead of having to ride back and forth (although saturday's ride home was fun as hell) I wouldn't mind crashing in someone's closet as long as they move the skeletons off to one side :tongue:

lol, good point. Those were some comfy benches.. >.> and YES, that ride home was epic-fun. I can honestly say that i've never dug a giant jawbreaker out of a women's cleavage with my teeth before, or kissed two males friends that weren't exactly.. umm interested? i dunno.. Well, one of them wasn't much, but one was. :3 (If you know what i mean?) XD Yaa.. they put something in the jawbreakers there.. for future warning.. >.>

SMEE
2008-08-21, 04:51 AM
Yay for pictures! :smallbiggrin:

Thes Hunter
2008-08-21, 06:30 AM
Hey why wasn't I in any of Indy's pictures!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-21, 07:20 AM
Hey why wasn't I in any of Indy's pictures!
Because your beauty would drag all the attention from the others to you, away from them. /cheecky.

:smalltongue:

Krade
2008-08-21, 11:26 AM
Ceika demonstrates another use for a flail: (Warning - Adult Content)
KIDDING.

At first I was like, "No! He didn't!" Then it was like, "OMG! He did!" Then I clicked open the spoiler and was like, "YAY! Ceika won't kill Indy now!"

I'm just glad I got to take that picture so I know how awesome it was:smallwink:

Edit: So... when are we gonna see the GitP picture? That was way too uncomfortable for me to want to wait this long to see it. Stupid "P":smallfurious: Ceika was doing the Photoshopping of it right?

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-21, 11:48 AM
I can honestly say that i've never dug a giant jawbreaker out of a women's cleavage with my teeth before
Wait, what?

SMEE
2008-08-21, 11:50 AM
Now there is something I have to know... Krade, what would you have done if I told you I wanted to kiss you at the meet up? >.>

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-21, 01:46 PM
Wait, what?

One of us had bought a giant jawbreaker and during the car ride home, we began passing it around (although Lord Tataraus and HR3.14 didnt partake) We used our hands at first, the began passing it mouth-to-mouth. during which I made a comment regarding to it falling into my friend's cleavage and well...she dropped it there on purpose. After a while it fell on the floor on Nobody's turn and he got a mouth full of mini van carpeting.

ahzreal
2008-08-21, 01:57 PM
One of us had bought a giant jawbreaker and during the car ride home, we began passing it around (although Lord Tataraus and HR3.14 didnt partake) We used our hands at first, the began passing it mouth-to-mouth. during which I made a comment regarding to it falling into my friend's cleavage and well...she dropped it there on purpose. After a while it fell on the floor on Nobody's turn and he got a mouth full of mini van carpeting.

/snicker
nobodylovesyou4 got a mouthful of carpet.
(from a van.. >.>)

ahzreal
2008-08-21, 01:59 PM
Now there is something I have to know... Krade, what would you have done if I told you I wanted to kiss you at the meet up? >.>

You should have gone for it! :smallbiggrin:

Krade
2008-08-21, 02:46 PM

Honestly, I already knew you wanted to (due to my vast and complex network of spies that's probably behind everyone who reads this right now, don't bother looking, your spot check isn't high enough to see them:smalltongue:). What would I have done had you told me? Probably decline just as respectively as I could muster with how mostly delirious I was throughout most of Saturday and Sunday due to the worst case of sleep deprivation I've ever experienced. This, of course, is all speculation, and exactly how I would've reacted shall forever be lost in the annals of history... or something like that. Whatever.

Well, there's your answer. Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear or anything, I can't change my ways any more than you could (probably) change yours.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-21, 02:59 PM
Honestly, I already knew you wanted to (due to my vast and complex network of spies that's probably behind everyone who reads this right now, don't bother looking, your spot check isn't high enough to see them:smalltongue:).
Nah, he's a fine lad. He's sitting here beside me, having a glass of whiskey.

Ranis
2008-08-21, 04:13 PM
Indy's pictures make me wish I was around you guys more often. I really should not be so busy next year and hang out with you guys more, even though I'm really shy in a crowd.

SMEE
2008-08-21, 04:28 PM
Honestly, I already knew you wanted to (due to my vast and complex network of spies that's probably behind everyone who reads this right now, don't bother looking, your spot check isn't high enough to see them:smalltongue:). What would I have done had you told me? Probably decline just as respectively as I could muster with how mostly delirious I was throughout most of Saturday and Sunday due to the worst case of sleep deprivation I've ever experienced. This, of course, is all speculation, and exactly how I would've reacted shall forever be lost in the annals of history... or something like that. Whatever.

Well, there's your answer. Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear or anything, I can't change my ways any more than you could (probably) change yours.

Aye, I already suspected you knew about it. I tried to acquire intelligence about my possible target with a few people, who are likely to have told you in the hopes of making it happen.

That makes 2 kisses rejections from GenCon. I need to improve my flirting skills. :smalltongue:

Thes Hunter
2008-08-21, 10:49 PM
Because your beauty would drag all the attention from the others to you, away from them. /cheecky.

Ha! I've got you fooled! Obviously those pictures of Smee's were very blurry. :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

@Lex-Kat, I was looking forward to meeting you too, but alas, NASCRAG does take up a lot of my time on Saturday. Sunday's and Fridays are usually the days that are good for me to hang out, since I have found that Thursday's make a great Mini painting day.

Reinboom
2008-08-21, 11:33 PM
This is for you SweetRein:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ScottMMason/100_0493.jpg

eeeee! <3

Thank you so much for that picture. (A little more tongue next time though)

Holy catgirl, Reina... looks like you're wearing the most awesome outfit ever. Ever. :O

I adore the thing, absolutely.
Also, I just discovered today that I'm allowed to wear it during my jobs on Halloween day.
Side note: Were cabbagecats raised from one of my catcivilizations on catworld?

Finally:
GenCon = Wonderful, everybody, I absolutely adore you all.
Specific thank yous to: SMEE for letting me survive when my funds crashed and for just being one of the kindest people ever. PhoeKun, for <3. And strip Bubble Bobble. Indy for being a beacon of funny and sexy (attributed more to the funny). And a special thank you to Thes, for giving me one of the greatest ego boosts and being so kind in conversation.

Aside, Loot:
Awesome frilly Victorian style gothic dress.
Black german steel set corset with black rose designs.
Megaman 1, 2, and 3
Milon's Secret Castle
Gyromite
Metroid
TLC

Thes Hunter
2008-08-21, 11:41 PM
Your welcome. I am just glad to see you so content. Your confidence and happiness radiated from you like the sun. And I and others could just stand by and bask in your warmth.

*gives you big hugs!*

Lex-Kat
2008-08-22, 02:20 AM
@Lex-Kat, I was looking forward to meeting you too, but alas, NASCRAG does take up a lot of my time on Saturday. Sunday's and Fridays are usually the days that are good for me to hang out, since I have found that Thursday's make a great Mini painting day.

I was hoping you'd show up on Saturday. Otherwise, I don't know what you look like. Are you in the "You thread"? *Goes off to look.*

SweetRein, I was glad to meet you, Phoe, & SMEE. Did I already mention that? Actually, I can't say that there was anyone there that I didn't enjoy seeing there. Saturday was the best meeting though. "Let's do the time warp, again!"

EDIT: I found your pix, Thes. Now I really regret not meeting you.:smallsmile: You are cute.:smallredface: I do think I saw you from a distance, I just didn't know it was you.

Shadow
2008-08-22, 02:44 AM
Shadow: Even though he wasn't there, he still provided a fair bit of entertainment. (Face it...YOU LOST NEMESIS!!)
*grumbles*

Glad I could be of service! :smallbiggrin: We still need to get together at some point. I have a feeling the two of us would cause much chaos and entertainment together! :smallwink:

Come back next year, I promise there shall be a repeat performance!And I shall join you....

In fact, our tales of the first round appear to have possibly garnered enough interest to possibly field two playground teams next year. I hope so, but we'll cross that bridge in a few months, eh? :smallcool:I know not what NASCRAG is, but count me in!

This seems to happen to me at most of the meetups I've been to; I keep hanging back, and then I don't leave any impression on most everyone there. I'm a quiet person, I realize, but I'm really starting to dislike the dynamic I'm creating. I may not have been at GenCon, but when we met in Tennessee, your being quiet was actually WHAT left an impression on me. I'm all crazy and running around and yelling like a maniac half the time all the time. But you were comfortable not doing that. You were able to relax, something which I've always admired in others because it's something I have a hard time doing.
So what you think makes you leave no impression is really what left an impression with me.
Differing viewpoints, that's all. :smallwink:

See that Shadow...ALL MINE!!You had to EXPLAIN it before you did it?
I'm nowhere near convinced! We'll see soon enough... :smallbiggrin:

Now the question will be to fly or drive next year, and pick up hitchhikers (Cristo, Shadow, Trog, Thes....) on the way.If you're going to be a'passin this way, SURE! I'll hitch'a ride witcha!

That makes 2 kisses rejections from GenCon. I need to improve my flirting skills. :smalltongue:Don't worry hun, I'll kiss ya next year. I'll kiss anyone. I don't give a damn.
Now come gimme some sugar!

And I think that should about cover the responses I needed to make here.

SMEE
2008-08-22, 04:22 AM
Finally:
GenCon = Wonderful, everybody, I absolutely adore you all.
Specific thank yous to: SMEE for letting me survive when my funds crashed and for just being one of the kindest people ever.

This is what friends are for, my dear. :smallsmile:
It was a pleasure to share the room with you, Phoe and Amber. We shall do the same next year. :smallbiggrin:

Shadow: Wohoo! :smallbiggrin: Rest assured that you'll get that kiss. :smallwink:

Now... loot...

Gomba plush!!!
Awesome cane
Pocket watch
Japanese themed gifts for mom!
2 beautiful standard decks for dad
Dead sea beauty products for me and mom
Saber replica for brother
Mini katana replica for ex-fiancee
1 Up mushroom plush for 8 month old niece
Batman action figure for 2 years old nephew
Many gifts for Phoe and Reina

I shall give more gifts next year... I didn't give enough gifts this time... >.>

Thanks to you all for making those few days some of the best days in my life and for always addressing me as a girl. That meant a lot to me. :smallsmile:

Alarra
2008-08-22, 07:36 AM
Strip bubble bobble? :smallconfused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-22, 08:10 AM
and for always addressing me as a girl. That meant a lot to me. :smallsmile:
SMEE, in my forum eye, you're a girl, even though some pictures in the you thread say differently. You should has surgery + extreme makover and be physically girl to? Not only mentally?

SMEE
2008-08-22, 08:25 AM
SMEE, in my forum eye, you're a girl, even though some pictures in the you thread say differently. You should has surgery + extreme makover and be physically girl to? Not only mentally?

Actually, I'll need surgery to fix a small bit of my body so I can be physically girl. Hormones are doing the rest of the work. I was able to pass extremely well at GenCon thanks to my body nature and natural girly voice.
Many a vendor were puzzled when they saw my passport and credit card... :smallredface:

Old pictures show a more male me as I was on hormone for a short time. Nowadays things are so much better.

Btw, I'll try to bring my brother along with me next year. And put him in kilts!!! :smallbiggrin:
And I have to say thanks for you all for putting up with my rusty english and silly accent. :smalltongue:

Krade
2008-08-22, 09:53 AM
Btw, I'll try to bring my brother along with me next year. And put him in kilts!!! :smallbiggrin:
And I have to say thanks for you all for putting up with my rusty english and silly accent. :smalltongue:

Kilts? As in more than one? At the same time or alternately? *Imagine another silly question is here because I can't think of one*?

As for silly accents, trust me when I say I've heard more incomprehensible than yours. On the bus home from the meet-up I got to sit next to an older (maybe 45-50) Japanese gentleman who I'm surprised got as far as he did with how much english he knew. The worst part was he kept asking how much farther to Lexington (We worked out what he was trying to say), but he couldn't understand the answer. Poor guy couldn't even pronounce Lexington. Just a little bit frustating.

Edit @\/: I thought you were English. Doesn't that technically mean you should have better English than us over here in the colonies?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-22, 09:57 AM
Kilts? As in more than one? At the same time or alternately? *Imagine another silly question is here because I can't think of one*?

As for silly accents, trust me when I say I've heard more incomprehensible than yours. On the bus home from the meet-up I got to sit next to an older (maybe 45-50) Japanese gentleman who I'm surprised got as far as he did with how much english he knew. The worst part was he kept asking how much farther to Lexington (We worked out what he was trying to say), but he couldn't understand the answer. Poor guy couldn't even [i]pronounce[i] Lexington. Just a little bit frustating.
You'll prolly all comment on my accent and my poor english.

Lex-Kat
2008-08-22, 11:51 AM
Nah, he's dutch, right?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-22, 12:18 PM
Nah, he's dutch, right?
Yes, I'm dutch. So that will probably be the only time in your life that you'll get to see me. :smallwink: Unless I get to go across the pond once more. Which I'l most likely do if I have finances for it in some dozen of years....

soozenw
2008-08-22, 06:30 PM
Aside, Loot:

Black german steel set corset with black rose designs.

Um, do you remember what the name of the booth where you got that? I desperately want to get a corset for next year, but want to research them (the company selling them AND corsets in general) some before I plonk down the huge amount of cash.

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-22, 06:53 PM
Constricting your internal organs is overrated. :smalltongue:

AngelSword
2008-08-22, 07:14 PM
Speaking of kilts, I didn't realize that this thread existed. Perhaps I need to get out on the forums more often >_>

Anyway, here's mah pics:
Ok, here are my photos from Gen Con (PHOTO HEAVY):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0019.jpg
Faye and Spike from Cowboy Bebop
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0021.jpg
Headcrab Zombie! Run for your lives!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0022.jpg
And now he's got help!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0020.jpg
Oh, no! He's attacking my lady friend!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0023.jpg
To make matters worse, Carmen Sandiego showed up to steal the Indianapolis Convention Center!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0024.jpg
Thankfully, a jedi was on hand to save the day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0029.jpg
But the mind flayer got there first…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0026.jpg
Krade, being surprised with a camera thrust into his face.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0027.jpg
SMEE, SweetRein, and Phoekune, not quite as surprised.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0028.jpg
Me with Feedback
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0030.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0025.jpg
And to end it all, some Avatar cosplayers.

I'll be working on getting my reservation for next year as soon as I can. Here's hoping that I can get into the Marriott attached to the center.

potatocubed
2008-08-22, 07:56 PM
And to end it all, some Avatar cosplayers.

Avatar! I kept seeing those two wandering around and thinking "I know they're dressed as somebody I've seen before, but I can't quite put my finger on who..."

And now I know, so thanks for that.

AngelSword
2008-08-22, 08:15 PM
Avatar! I kept seeing those two wandering around and thinking "I know they're dressed as somebody I've seen before, but I can't quite put my finger on who..."

And now I know, so thanks for that.

I don't know the names of the two who are posed together, but the one standing alone is Prince Zuko. And the only reason I know that is because I had to watch the series finale while out in Seattle, and he stood out, for some reason.

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-22, 08:46 PM
Loot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTKWpw-rrAo

:smallbiggrin:

Krade
2008-08-22, 09:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/AngelSword/Gen%20Con%202008/DSCN0026.jpg
Krade, being surprised with a camera thrust into his face.

I'll be working on getting my reservation for next year as soon as I can. Here's hoping that I can get into the Marriott attached to the center.

I hate pictures that focus primarily on me. I know how cliche it is to not like pictures of yourself, but I have a real, physical reason to not like it.

I'm not sure exactly what the condition is called (it's been called "lazy eye" but that's something else entirely), but all the muscles in and around my left eye are a hell of a lot weaker than they should be. When I was born, I could barely even open it, so I needed surgury to cut out a piece of my eyelid so I could open it enough to see. This in turn comes with it's own list of mildly irritating side-effects. Most obvious of which is that in a relaxed state (where eyes are normally closed), my left eye remains open, even as I sleep, making me extremely sensitive to light while I'm sleeping. Face to face, you can't tell so easily that there is anything wrong with it, but in a picture, for some reason it is clear as day.

Famous actors who at least look like they've got the same thing includes Forrest Whittaker and Wesley Snipes.

soozenw
2008-08-22, 10:25 PM

lol. I don't intend to tight lace, just enough to make my...er...chest all sorts of awesome. And, you know, for the costume part of the dealy.

ahzreal
2008-08-22, 11:32 PM
I don't know the names of the two who are posed together, but the one standing alone is Prince Zuko. And the only reason I know that is because I had to watch the series finale while out in Seattle, and he stood out, for some reason.

I know who they are, but not thier names... umm.. one is main-water-bending-chick who hangs with the avatar, and the other is blind-earth-bending-chick who is in a filler episode or two. I think. Ah well. :smallbiggrin:

paladin_carvin
2008-08-23, 12:01 AM
lol. I don't intend to tight lace, just enough to make my...er...chest all sorts of awesome. And, you know, for the costume part of the dealy.

My fiance got two, and they are great. People only think about the negative of corsets (the fact that they tighten things and make it a bit harder to breathe). The reality is that they are very very good if you have a bad back.

Also: they are better than a wonderbra. 'nuff said.

We got ours (I say ours since we each bought one, both for her) at the place attatched to the Utilikilts booth. I was at Origins and Gencon and I can tell you that they go to conventions in tandem. Their slogan is 'We'll tie her up while we set him free'. Very awesome.

paladin_carvin
2008-08-23, 12:03 AM
I know who they are, but not thier names... umm.. one is main-water-bending-chick who hangs with the avatar, and the other is blind-earth-bending-chick who is in a filelr episode or two. I think. Ah well. :smallbiggrin:

That would be Katara and Toph, water and earth benders respectively.

Reinboom
2008-08-23, 02:31 AM

:smallconfused:
These are the issues I have had with the corset:
1. You can't bend by your back. This only makes things slightly awkward (and only a bit more so if you are in a chair).
2. It digs/cuts in your skin if you are wearing 4 layers under it, one being a gripped body smoother. Which I was the first day I wore it.

Without the 4 layers under it, the 2nd issue didn't come up. It didn't hurt at all, and didn't effect my breathing.

Um, do you remember what the name of the booth where you got that? I desperately want to get a corset for next year, but want to research them (the company selling them AND corsets in general) some before I plonk down the huge amount of cash.

Renaissance Fashions.
Run by a man who is probably one of the more interesting salepersons I have ever met. Quotable even, if I was ever good at remembering quotes exactly. And by a lady with... two giant tracts of land. Sheesh did the corset make the property a lil too obvious. :smalleek:

Also, as the paladin mentioned, it does help the back.

soozenw
2008-08-23, 06:02 AM
Yay! I'm gonna get a corset!

I was fitted for one a couple years ago at GenCon (my husband almost fainted when he saw me in it, he loved it so), but have since been through pregnancy and childbirth. I should have gotten fitted again this year so I could just order online, but...ah well.

Thes Hunter
2008-08-23, 10:08 AM
I do like corsets, and might have to pick me up a non-vinyl one... but yeah....

they also make my tracts of land a bit more obvious than they already are.

*smacks Indurain again (He knows why)* :smallbiggrin:

SMEE
2008-08-23, 10:15 AM
Ah... corsets. Beautiful things. :smallsmile:

I meant to get one this year, but... I'm still lacking on the tracts of land department, so I decided to wait until next year... >.>

Thes Hunter
2008-08-23, 12:25 PM
Smee and reina, I would love to straighten ya'll's hair next time if you would want that is.

Phone already has the smooth beautiful straight hair but I could do her's as well. =]

SMEE
2008-08-23, 02:11 PM
Sure thing Thes. I have no idea how my hair looks like when straightened, so it'll be fun to find out. :smallsmile:

ahzreal
2008-08-23, 03:11 PM
I just straightened my hair and I LOVE it. Makes my hair look several inches longer, actually, and it's all smooth and shiny. :3 *pictures self in a shampoo commercial*

The Rose Dragon
2008-08-23, 03:13 PM
I'm just gonna say this:

Reina.

SO. CUTE.

Indurain
2008-08-23, 03:52 PM
*smacks Indurain again (He knows why)* :smallbiggrin:

Oooowww....What was that fo- Oh riiiiiight.

Wait, no, I really have no clue why I'm being hit....dangnabbit.

Reinboom
2008-08-23, 05:37 PM
Smee and reina, I would love to straighten ya'll's hair next time if you would want that is.

Phone already has the smooth beautiful straight hair but I could do her's as well. =]

I already has my straightener, etc.
I don't wear it straight because I find it going everywhere tends to be prettier to my eyes. Except on specific people.

I'm just gonna say this:

Reina.

SO. CUTE.

Damn right.
I mean, thank you.

Thes Hunter
2008-08-23, 06:30 PM
Oooowww....What was that fo- Oh riiiiiight.

Wait, no, I really have no clue why I'm being hit....dangnabbit.

You are just saying that so you can get hit again and watch 'em swing. :smalltongue:

@reina, I do like the way your hair looks when it falls into your eyes. :smallsmile:

Indurain
2008-08-23, 10:41 PM
You are just saying that so you can get hit again and watch 'em swing. :smalltongue:

She's on to me.......*runs away*

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-23, 11:28 PM
I have a solution for that, Thes. See, I have no... tracts of land, a thwacking stick right here, and a chivalrous streak a mile wide. So, shall I solve milady's conundrum? :smalltongue:

Thes Hunter
2008-08-23, 11:52 PM
I can't answer that..... because umm....

*taps on the microphone*
Sir, I believe it is time for me to exercise my fifth amendment priviledges. :smallredface:

Renegade Paladin
2008-08-23, 11:56 PM
You're pleading the Fifth on whether or not you want me to hit him for you? :smallconfused:

wxdruid
2008-08-25, 02:26 PM
Here are my pictures...I thought I had more, catlover may have accidentally deleted some of them.

Alarra (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/Alarra.jpg)

AngelSword and Alarra (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/AngelSwordandAlarra.jpg)

AngelSword (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/AngelSword.jpg)

practicing (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/DSC04493.jpg)

practicing (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/DSC04494.jpg)

several different people (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/DSC04497.jpg)

Indurain with his cow (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/Indurainwithhiscow.jpg)

Kyrian (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/Kyrian.jpg)

Lykan (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/Lykan2.jpg), Lykan (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/Lykan3.jpg), Lykan (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/Lykan.jpg)

Thes (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/Thes.jpg)

The GitP group (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/TheGitPGroup2.jpg), and another one (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/TheGitPGroup.jpg)

video (http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/?action=view&current=MOV04491.flv) and video (http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/?action=view&current=MOV04492.flv)

AngelSword
2008-08-25, 06:25 PM
AngelSword and Alarra (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/wxdruid/GenCon08/AngelSwordandAlarra.jpg)

I still have no memory of those pics being taken :smalleek:

(And this post is a flimsy way to show off my GenCon-inspired new avatar by Ceika, the Awesome!)

Thes Hunter
2008-08-25, 07:07 PM
Wow, that is a flattering picture of me. NOT! :smallbiggrin:

wxdruid
2008-08-25, 07:13 PM
I knew you'd love it Thes... :smalltongue:

Cute Avi AngelSword...:smallcool:

Lex-Kat
2008-08-25, 11:43 PM
Angel, you look so handsome in that picture (the one of you alone).

No, I don't swing that way, I just know a good looking man when I see one.

Krade
2008-08-26, 12:20 AM
I still have no memory of those pics being taken :smalleek:

(And this post is a flimsy way to show off my GenCon-inspired new avatar by Ceika, the Awesome!)

I think it was Saturday. I can tell because you have a cup from the Currito place in Circle Center (where I met you just before the meet at 8 and we walked back to the convention center together after I got some Taco Bell).

And speaking of Ceika, didn't she take pictures? Why hasn't she dropped in to show them off yet?

AngelSword
2008-08-26, 12:49 AM
I think it was Saturday. I can tell because you have a cup from the Currito place in Circle Center (where I met you just before the meet at 8 and we walked back to the convention center together after I got some Taco Bell).

And speaking of Ceika, didn't she take pictures? Why hasn't she dropped in to show them off yet?

Oh, I can recall meeting up with you. I can recall bits and pieces of that gathering. I can even recall Rick Rolling a bunch of people during the "Time Warp" incident. But I can't, for the life of me, remember posing with Alarra for pics. Not that I'm complaining, but it is rather disconcerting.

Thank you, Lex :smallredface:

Felixaar
2008-08-26, 01:10 AM
That's cause it was your clone brother... DemonAxe!

Okay, it was lame.

Anyway.

GenCon rocked. Quite simply. Though I don't remember why, probably due to large intake of caffeine and sugar - and nothing else - I'm pretty sure I had a lot of fun!

Ultimate props to Zeb and Alarra who are quite possibly the nicest people in the world, not only letting me stay with them for like a week, but then giving me a free ride to Indianapolis, a quick guide to what-the-hell-I-was-doing-at-GenCon, and ofcourse letting me stay in the hotel as well. Thanks, Guys!

If Zeb and Al were the nicest, Indy is certainly the coolest. I don't the remember for the life of me anything that I wrote on my goodbye note, but I'm glad it made y'all laugh.

Ceika and Tantanolian(sp?) were awesome too. So I think I've made up most of our NASCRAG team... we had a great time guys, and I hope y'all have fun next year. I'll be with you in spirit.

Also, me and potatocubed clearly have a future in game design (or failing that, catering).

Sorry to have been one half of your turn downs, SMEE. But you and the rest of the girls and guys were lots of fun to hang with.

Thanks for a great GenCon, everyone. I'll be back...

SMEE
2008-08-26, 04:51 AM
Felix, you did the right thing by turning me down, as you have a girl.

I should have gathered more inteligence about your situation before setting up the attack. :smalltongue:

Thanks for being loyal to your girl. :smallsmile:

Felixaar
2008-08-26, 05:03 AM
Thanks! :smallsmile:

Also, I like that you call it an attack. Very funny since I thought you were saying "kill", previously.

EvilJames
2008-08-29, 02:30 PM
Once again i missed the opportunity to meet everyone:smallfrown: I lost track of time on friday and on saturday I arrived 15 minutes too late. Gencon seemed more hectic for me this year I didn't do half the things I wanted somehow. Time just kept getting away from me. I didn't even try to do a gencon report this year and I actually had the ability, it just never happened. Hopefully next year will be smoother.

Ps. I'm going to have to disagree with you RenagadePaladin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70116&page=10). This veteran has enjoyed the Gencon dance since they started it

Lex-Kat
2008-09-13, 06:51 PM
Okay, I promised photos. And after almost a month later, here they are.

Playgrounders

SweetRein & PhoeKun
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0005.jpg

SMEE
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0004.jpg

wxDruid & Vael (Sorry about how this one looks. The original was very dark, so I had to brighten it a little so you could see them. :smallsigh:)
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0026.jpg

Droids

Red R2 Unit

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0021.jpg

Blue R2 Unit (with some annoying little kids hand in the way. Grrrr)

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0023.jpg

Girls

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0006.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0007.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0008.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0009.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0012.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0015.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0016.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0018.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0019.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0020.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0022.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0025.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0027.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0028.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0029.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0030.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0031.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0034.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0001.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0003.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0002.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0032.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0017.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/DSCF0024.jpg

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 07:05 PM
ahhh...someday I'll get to partake of the...scenery...of GenCon...

Thes Hunter
2008-09-13, 07:13 PM
Why because Lex-kayt provided photographic evidence that there are girls there? :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2008-09-13, 07:21 PM
I'd heard the tales, but I'd never actually believed that they were true :smallbiggrin:

Felixaar
2008-09-13, 07:28 PM
Guh.

I don't remember any of those girls...

and I would definitely remember them...

Thes Hunter
2008-09-13, 07:32 PM
The first picture is of someone I think I know in a loose sense of the term know. I wouldn't be surprised if she was from the SE Michigan region and I saw her in the clubs or something.

And I saw the Pirate woman getting her picture taken by bunches of men. I remember this because it caused a traffic jam in the Dealer's hall and this irks me.

As an anti-social extrovert, I love being in crowds, but I hate people getting in my way. :smallwink:

Felixaar
2008-09-13, 07:41 PM
I love being in crowds. Crowd-dodging is my favorite sport...

Unfortunately, it's not yet recognised in the olympics.

SMEE
2008-09-13, 07:44 PM
*yoinks picture of herself from Lex-kat* >.>

I was waiting eagerly to get a picture of mine that shown more of my body... <.<