PDA

View Full Version : Stargate's Replicators In 4E: Help! They're Eating My Sword!

Leliel
2008-08-17, 02:38 PM
Well, I have always been a fan of mixing science fiction with my D&D, and so, I recently decided to create an Asuran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asuran_(Stargate)) BBEG for one of my games, and he brought his newer cousins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicator_%28Stargate%29) with him.

Basically, he wants to create an Asuran civilization on the planet so as to save his race from extinction. That in and of itself is a noble goal, but like most Asurans, he hates humans (which extends to "civillized" races in this setting, since in my games they are genetic offshoots of humanity), and his minions aren't particular about what they eat.

So, is this an good idea? What abilities should I give him and his pets?

This topic would continue, but a Replicator is after the metals in my compu

Leliel
2008-08-17, 06:44 PM
Umm...There's 76 veiws...And not a single reply?

Does everyone hate me that much?

Akisa
2008-08-17, 06:46 PM
Well now there are two replies

Isomenes
2008-08-17, 06:59 PM
Might I suggest that it's because Atlantis is terrible?

:biggrin:

LordOkubo
2008-08-17, 07:05 PM

But replicators are good old SG 1 too.

Isomenes
2008-08-17, 07:10 PM
But replicators are good old SG 1 too.

If you build your house on sand...

Akisa
2008-08-17, 07:26 PM
and it's 4E also... sorry I just dislike 4e and wish it would just go away as it draws people away from 3.5e. Hopefully 5e would come out soon that removes some of the 4e elements I hate.

AstralFire
2008-08-17, 07:40 PM
I read this as 'Star Trek' and was very confused. Pondering if perhaps Data had molested some of the on-board equipment of the Enterprise.

Leliel
2008-08-18, 01:12 PM

Could you please help rather than rat on the shows I like?

Thank you.

Charity
2008-08-18, 02:24 PM
Could you please help rather than rat on the shows I like?

Thank you.
hear hear.

This guy has asked for help with an idea, he is not looking for a critique of his taste in sci-fi nor in his taste in RPG's
Saying I hate that show and I hate that game is pointless threadcrapping.

OK Leiliel, i know sod all about those guys, but I bothered to follow the link to prove that some of us have some manners I discovered this about their attributes

"including resistance to damage, superior strength, and the ability to probe the mind of a human by extending their hand into the human's forehead."

So I would give them a raft of damage resistances, nothing over 5 though as that would make for a bit of a dull fight.
I'd also give it some sort of dominate ability something like that of a mindflayer... in fact if you wanna save yourself some grief just swap a few powers around on a mindflayer, scaling the level for this encounter as appropriate, they tell you how to do that in the DMG or MM, can't remember where.
The second lot are self replicating monsters, they could be some sort of re-skinned undead, a vampire maybe or a wight... the level will be fairly critical for determining which.

Basically I'd advise skimming through the MM reskinning a couple of level appropriate monsters and swapping out a few of their powers.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.