PDA

View Full Version : D&D Emblem [4E], PEACH

Mando Knight
2008-08-17, 03:03 PM
Fire Emblem is a Nintendo sword-and-sorcery strategy game series, and several items and skills could be implemented into D&D...

This is my first homebrew, so please critique.

Weapons
Ragnell and Alondite

A pair of divinely-blessed greatswords, Ragnell and Alondite were once wielded by the warrior-empress Altina of Begnion. They were later used against each other in the hands of the hero Ike of Crimea and the Black Knight of Daein.

Ragnell/Alondite
Lvl 25 +5 Greatsword

Critical: 5d8 radiant damage
Properties: The enhancement bonus of the sword increases to +6 and the bonus critical damage to 6d8 if the wielder is at least level 28. If the wielder is proficient in Bastard Swords, he may choose to wield Ragnell or Alondite one-handed. While the user is wielding the sword, he gains an untyped +2 bonus to his AC and Reflex defenses.
Power (At-Will*Weapon*Radiant): Standard Action. You may make a basic attack or use an at-will attack power with the weapon keyword with this sword with range 5. Change all damage dealt by the attack to radiant damage. This power does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

The Falchion of Anri

+5 Longsword

Critical: 5d8 damage, 5d12 against dragons
Property: This weapon provides Resist 15 against a dragon's breath attack.
Property: The enhancement bonus of the sword increases to +6 and the bonus critical damage to 6d8 (6d12 vs. dragons) if the wielder is at least level 28.
Property: If the wielder is proficient in both Rapiers and Longswords, he may use this sword as if it were both a Light Blade and a Heavy Blade.
Power (Encounter*Healing): Minor Action. Spend a healing surge and recover HP equal to your Healing Surge value + your Charisma modifier + this weapon's enchantment bonus.
Power (Daily): Minor Action. Your next attack with this weapon against a dragon, if made before the end of your turn, gains a power bonus to the attack roll equal to this weapon's enchantment bonus and ignores any resistances the dragon has.

The Falchion of Anri, oddly enough, is actually a longsword. Sharing many qualities with a Dragonslayer Weapon, it was twice used to defeat the Dark Dragon Mediuth, once by Anri and again by his descendant Marth a century later. A finely crafted sword, it has a golden wing-like crossguard and has precious gems inlaid on the pommel and rain guard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sword_parts.svg).

Wind Edge
An arcane sword hurling bolts of wind from afar
{TABLE]Lvl 5|+1|1000 gp|Lvl 20|+4|125000 gp
Lvl 10|+2|5000 gp|Lvl 25|+5|625000 gp
Lvl 15|+3|25000 gp|Lvl 30|+6|3125000 gp[/TABLE]
Weapon: Heavy Blade
Critical: +1d6 per plus
Power (At-Will*Force): Standard Action. Make a basic attack, Strength vs. AC, with this weapon with range 5 (as if it were a Heavy Thrown Weapon, but the weapon never leaves your hand). All damage dealt by the attack becomes Force damage.

Implements
Tomes
Tomes are books scribed with arcane or divine magic, channeling the forces of spirits and nature to do the owner's bidding. Whereas spellbooks and ritual books are also written in arcane inks to create and control magic, tomes are made to unleash their inscribed potential on command in the battlefield.

Clerics, Warlocks, and Wizards can all use tomes as implements to enhance their attack and damage rolls. Other Arcane classes (such as the Artificier) with the ability to use implements will also be able to use tomes as implements. The Swordmage needs to have the Student of Sword Magic feat (FRPG 136) in order to use tomes as implements.

A tome is only usable if the reader can understand its writing, however, like a suit of magic armor resizing for its new owner, a tome can be altered to a language that its owner can read and understand with the use of an Enchant Magic Item ritual. There is no component cost for the use of the ritual in this way.

A spell book or ritual book can also be used as a tome (for purposes of using the Tome of Power Arcane Implement Mastery feature), however, if it has not been enchanted for use in combat, it will not convey any benefit of its own. Tomes all weigh the same as spell books (3 lbs.) and take up about as much space.

Tome of Winds
A thick green book that commands both the forces of arctic winds and hurricanes
{TABLE]Lvl 4|+1|840 gp|Lvl 19|+4|105000 gp
Lvl 9|+2|4200 gp|Lvl 24|+5|525000 gp
Lvl 14|+3|21000 gp|Lvl 29|+6|2625000 gp[/TABLE]
Implement (Tome)
Enhancement:Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 cold damage per plus
Power (Encounter*Implement, Force):
Arcane winds assail your foe, pushing him around or even knocking him off of his feet.
Standard Action. Make an attack, Intelligence vs. Fortitude against 1 target within 20 spaces.
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence Force damage, and the target is pushed a number of spaces equal to your Wisdom modifier. Lvl 14 or 19: 2d6 + Intelligence Force damage. Lvl 24 or 29: 3d6 + Intelligence Force damage, and the target is also knocked prone.

Tome of Blizzard
A terrifying tome that controls the fullest fury of the North Wind to propel your spells
{TABLE]Lvl 15|+3|25000 gp|Lvl 25|+5|625000 gp
Lvl 20|+4|125000 gp|Lvl 30|+6|3125000 gp[/TABLE]
Implement (Tome)
Property: When using an attack power with the Cold or Force keywords, double the base range. Take no penalties with the attack roll for attacking at the new, longer range. (If using Tome of Power, apply that ability's extra range after doubling)
Power (Encounter*Implement, Cold):
A severe storm of ice freezes your foe from afar
Standard Action. Make an attack, Intelligence vs. Fortitude against 1 target within 50 spaces. (The additional range from the tome's property is already accounted for)
Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence Cold damage, and the target is immobilized. (Save ends) Level 25 or 30: Range 60, 3d8 + Intelligence Cold damage, and the target is restrained. (Save ends)

Rexcalibur
The ultimate tome of the winds, it unleashes a maelstrom of arcane energy at its wielder's bidding.
Artifact: +6 enhancement bonus
Implement (Tome)
Critical: +6d10 cold damage
Property: When using any powers with the Force or Cold keywords, deal double damage against any targets that are flying.
Property: Increase your movement speed by 2 and ignore the effects of difficult terrain.
Property: When using any powers with the Force or Cold keywords that causes an effect that a save could end, the opponent takes a -3 penalty to its saving throw.
Power (Encounter*Implement, Cold, Force):
The full power of Hurricanes and Blizzards lash at your foe with intensity that would make Mephistopheles shiver
Standard Action. Make an attack, Intelligence vs. Fortitude against 1 target within 20 spaces.
Hit: 5d10 Cold Force damage, and the target is restrained. (Save ends)

Tome of Fire
A red book that is perpetually warm to the touch
Implement (Tome)
Critical: +1d6 fire damage per plus
Power (Encounter*Implement, Fire):
Searing flames converge on the doomed foes
Standard Action. Make a attack, Burst 1 within 20, Intelligence vs. Reflex, against all creatures within the burst.
Hit: Lvl 4 or 9: 1d6 + Intelligence Fire damage. Lvl 14 or 19: Increase the damage to 2d6, and you can choose to attack with Burst 2 within 15. Lvl 24 or 29: Increase the damage to 3d6, and you can also choose to attack with Burst 3 within 10.

Tome of Meteoric Rain
A tome that launches flames inconceivable distances
Implement (Tome)
Property: When using an attack power with the Fire keyword, double the base range. Take no penalties with the attack roll for attacking at the new, longer range. (If using Tome of Power, apply that ability's extra range after doubling)
You call upon flaming death from the heavens to incinerate your foes before they gets close
Standard Action. Make an Attack, Burst 3 within 50, Intelligence vs. Reflex, against all creatures within the burst. (the extra range from this item's property is already included)
Hit:Lvl 15 or 20: 2d8 + Intelligence Fire damage. Lvl 25 or 30: Burst 3 within 60, 3d8 + Intelligence Fire damage.

Rexflame
The ultimate tome of flames, it controls heat that would make a star's flame seem like Cania.
Implement (Tome)
Critical: +6d10 Fire damage
Property: You may increase the burst size of all ranged burst powers with the Fire keyword by 1.
Property: Inflict an extra 5 damage against any foes with Fire vulnerability.
Property: You gain an untyped +3 bonus to Reflex Defense while wielding this tome.
Power (Encounter*Implement, Fire, Radiant):
You call upon a surge of heat that sears the battlefield. It's unknown whether it was a wave of lava or the surface of a miniature star.
Standard Action. Make an attack, Close Burst 8, Intelligence vs. Reflex.
Hit: 6d10 Radiant Fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 10 Fire damage. (Save ends)

Tome of Lightning
A non-descript yellowish book... except for the fact that it crackles with static electricity.
Implement (Tome)
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 Lightning damage per plus
Power (Encounter*Implement, Lightning):
You call upon a burst of electrical power to wound, and possibly even paralyze, your foe
Standard Action. Make a attack, Ranged 20 against one creature, Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: Lvl 4 or 9: 1d8 + Intelligence Thunder damage. Lvl 14 or 19: Increase the damage to 2d8, and the target is dazed (save ends). Lvl 24 or 29: Increase the damage to 3d8, and the target is stunned (save ends).

Tome of Bolting
A book crackling with lightning, capable of striking down your foes from afar.
Implement (Tome)
Property: When using a ranged attack power with the Lightning or Thunder keyword, double the base range. Take no penalties with the attack roll for attacking at the new, longer range. (If using Tome of Power, apply that ability's extra range after doubling)
You call upon a bolt of lightning, surging from the skies to strike down a distant foe.
Standard Action. Make an Attack, Range 50 against one creature, Intelligence vs. Reflex. (the extra range from this item's property is already included)
Hit: Lvl 15 or 20: 2d10 + Intelligence Lightning damage. Lvl 25 or 30: Range 60, 3d10 + Intelligence Lightning damage, and make a secondary attack against all creatures adjacent to the initial target. Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex, Hit: 2d10 + Int Lightning damage.

Rexbolt
A massive book of eldritch lore, it is the ultimate work on controlling the forces of thunder and lightning.
Implement (Tome)
Critical: +6d10 Lightning damage
Property: When using any attack powers with the Thunder or Lightning keywords, Dragons and Reptiles hit by the attack gain Vulnerable 10 Lightning until the end of your next turn.
Property: When using any attack powers with the Thunder or Lightning keywords, add a +2 untyped bonus to the attack roll.
Property: All of your powers with either the Thunder or Lightning keyword is treated as having both, and any damage dealt by the powers are treated as dealing both Thunder and Lightning damage.
Power (Encounter*Implement, Thunder, Lightning):
You channel the power of the Rexbolt to fire a deadly assault of thunder and lightning.
Standard Action. Make an attack, Burst 3 within 25, Intelligence vs. Fortitude, against all creatures within the burst.
Hit: 5d12 Thunder and Lightning damage, and the target is Stunned. (Save ends)

Powers
Aether Defender Attack 23
You throw your weapon into the air and jump after it. As you come back down, you batter the enemy's defenses aside and catch an invigorating breath.
Encounter*Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 4[W] + Strength modifier damage. The target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until your next turn. You may spend a healing surge, and gain a bonus to the amount healed equal to your Constitution modifier.

Class Features
Wizard: Arcane Implement Mastery: Tome of Power
A Tome of Power grants you a +1 bonus to damage with all attack powers with the Implement keyword from classes with Tomes as an Implement. Once per encounter, you may either increase the size of a burst or blast power by one or you may increase the maximum range of an attack by a number of squares equal to your Wisdom modifier.

Characters
IKE

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/ike/ike.jpg

PC Stats, as of the end of Radiant Dawn:
Fighter/Iron Vanguard/Chosen of Yune (mechanically, as of Selune) 30
Medium natural humanoid (human)
Initiative +20
Senses Perception/Insight +17, passive 27
HP: 236 Bloodied: 118 Surge: 59 Surges/Day: 16
AC: 49 Fort: 41 Ref: 41 Will: 34
Speed: 6

Powers Known:
At-Will: Cleave, Reaping Strike, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Warrior's Challenge (Lv. 17), Frontline Surge (Iron Vanguard 11), Aether (outlined above), Adamantine Strike (Lv. 27)
Daily: Reaving Strike (Lv. 19), Supremacy of Steel (Lv. 25, Reliable), No Mercy (Lv. 29, Reliable), Indomitable Strength (Iron Vanguard 20, Healing)
Utility: Inexorable Shift (Iron Vanguard 12, encounter), No Surrender (Lv. 22, daily, Healing), Interposing Shield (Lv. 16, encounter), Stalwart Guard (Lv. 10, daily), Unbreakable (Lv. 6, encounter), No Opening (Lv. 2, encounter), Waking Fortune (Chosen of Yune Lv. 26, daily)

Fighter/Iron Vanguard/Chosen Class Features:
Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority, Fighter Weapon Talent (1-handed) (PHB 76); Enduring Warrior, Ferocious Reaction, Trample the Fallen (PHB 86); Divine Spark (to STR & DEX), Divine Recovery, Divine Miracle (FR PG 72, same as Demigod, PHB 175)

Race Features: Bonus Feat, Bonus Skill, Bonus At-Will, Human Defense Bonuses (PHB 46)

Feats: (19) Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Weapon Focus (Heavy Blades), Toughness, Blade Opportunist, Armor Specialization (Scale), Heavy Blade Opportunity, Heavy Blade Mastery, Epic Resurgence, Defensive Advantage, Action Recovery, Durable, Human Perseverance, Action Surge, Power Attack, Fleet-Footed, Potent Challenge, Combat Anticipation, Improved Initiative, Evasion

Alignment: Good; Languages: Common, ? other (no other non-secret language in campaign world)
Skills: Athletics (+27), Endurance (+18), Intimidate (+21)

STR: 28 (+9, +24)
CON: 21 (+5, +20)
DEX: 20 (+5, +20)
INT: 13 (+1, +16)
WIS: 14 (+2, +17)
CHA: 12 (+1, +16)

Equipment: Ragnell (+6 version), +6 Elderscale (flavored as partial plate, unknown other properties), Heavy Shield (flavored as massive vambrace, possible enchantment), +6 cloak (unknown enchantment), bandana (likely enchanted), various healing potions and other items, several million gp, leadership over force of epic-level characters.
I know I don't have much yet, but I intend on adding more weapons and powers as I get the time and finish the mechanics. I want to add the magic tomes as Wizard (and possibly Warlock and Cleric) implements...

Shadow_Elf
2008-08-17, 03:55 PM
First of All: Awesome. Fire Emblem has got to be one of my favourite all-time video games.

I like Ragnell and Alondite, but I think in the DMG (I don't have it, could be wrong) there are rules for unqiue items called artifacts. I think these swords should be those (could be already, as I said, don't have the book yet)
I like Aether. Since I can't see any of the non-homebrewed classes getting this, maybe make it a daily ascosiated /w Ragnell, and make Eclipse a daily power usable with Alondite?

Maybe you should try a Class or Paragon Path based on Fire Emblem? (I would love to help out with that)
I.e. Mage. Power Source: Arcane
Paragon Paths:
Wind Sage (Ice and Acid specialty)
Fire Sage (Fire and Radiant specialty)
Thunder Sage (Thunder and Lightning specialty)
Dark Sage (Necrotic and Psychic specialty)

This class could use Tomes as an implement. Tomes would also act as spellbooks for certain spell-trees. Its as if Wizards made 4 feats in anticipation for this class!

Class At-Wills:
Wind
Thunder
Fire
Flux

Encounters
Elwind
Elthunder
Elfire
Worm

Dailies (make these up)

Next Encounters:
Arcwind
Arcthunder
Arcfire
You get the idea.

Mando Knight
2008-08-17, 06:27 PM
I like Ragnell and Alondite, but I think in the DMG (I don't have it, could be wrong) there are rules for unqiue items called artifacts. I think these swords should be those (could be already, as I said, don't have the book yet)

Yeah, I thought of doing that, but since all of the listed artifacts are portrayed as intelligent, (and I only thought of one behavior that they'd appreciate) I didn't go the whole nine yards.

I like Aether. Since I can't see any of the non-homebrewed classes getting this, maybe make it a daily ascosiated /w Ragnell, and make Eclipse a daily power usable with Alondite?

I thought of doing that, but I like Aether as an encounter power, as that's about how often Ike pulls it off in FE 9-10. (a little more frequently, but still...)

Personally, I could actually see this in the hands of either the Fighter or the Paladin, since WotC's already gone for the Charles Atlas Superpower (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CharlesAtlasSuperpower) for the Fighter, and the Paladin's got some attack-and-heal powers... that's why Aether's currently a power for low-epic Defenders. (Low-epic because that's about when Ike gets the power in FE 10...)

Maybe you should try a Class or Paragon Path based on Fire Emblem? (I would love to help out with that)
I.e. Mage. Power Source: Arcane
Paragon Paths:
Wind Sage (Ice and Acid specialty)
Fire Sage (Fire and Radiant specialty)
Thunder Sage (Thunder and Lightning specialty)
Dark Sage (Necrotic and Psychic specialty)

This class could use Tomes as an implement. Tomes would also act as spellbooks for certain spell-trees. Its as if Wizards made 4 feats in anticipation for this class!

Class At-Wills:
Wind
Thunder
Fire
Flux

Encounters
Elwind
Elthunder
Elfire
Worm

Dailies (make these up)

Next Encounters:
Arcwind
Arcthunder
Arcfire
You get the idea.

That's what I was thinking of... except make the tomes an added implement for Wizards (Anima), Warlocks (Dark and Fire), and Clerics (Light), and add an Implement Mastery for the Tomes... I'll update the OP when I figure all that out... and add the extra powers to the tomes themselves...

Here's how I figured the FE elements would play out:
Wind: Cold and Force, maybe some Acid
Fire: Fire, possibly a little Radiant
Thunder: Thunder and Lightning, mostly Lightning
Light: Radiant
Dark: Necrotic

Mando Knight
2008-08-17, 07:17 PM
Update: Added "Wind Edge" magical item and Arcane Implement Mastery: Tomes. Tomes themselves to follow soon...

Drglenn
2008-08-17, 08:21 PM
You could do the '1st tier' (lords, pupils, archers, pegasus knights, recruits, journeymen etc.) classes as the actual classes, the '2nd tier' (mages, fighters, falcoknights etc.) as paragon paths and the '3rd tier' (Druids, Generals, Warriors, Berserkers etc.) as epic destinies with prerequisites that you must take have the relevant paragon path. You could also have the items that you need to change classes as prerequisites for taking the paragon paths and epic destinies for the relevant classes.

Mando Knight
2008-08-21, 09:03 PM
UPDATE (and bump): Added introduction to Tome implements and the Wind tomes (Wind, Blizzard, and Rexcalibur).

Tomes
Tomes are books scribed with arcane or divine magic, channeling the forces of spirits and nature to do the owner's bidding. Whereas spellbooks and ritual books are also written in arcane inks to create and control magic, tomes are made to unleash their inscribed potential on command in the battlefield.

Clerics, Warlocks, and Wizards can all use tomes as implements to enhance their attack and damage rolls. Other Arcane classes (such as the Swordmage or Artificier) with the ability to use implements will also be able to use tomes as implements.

A tome is only usable if the reader can understand its writing, however, like a suit of magic armor resizing for its new owner, a tome can be altered to a language that its owner can read and understand with the use of an Enchant Magic Item ritual. There is no component cost for the use of the ritual in this way.

A spell book or ritual book can also be used as a tome (for purposes of using the Tome of Power Arcane Implement Mastery feature), however, if it has not been enchanted for use in combat, it will not convey any benefit of its own. Tomes all weigh the same as spell books (3 lbs.) and take up about as much space.

Tome of Winds
A thick green book that commands both the forces of arctic winds and hurricanes
Lvl 4 +1 840 gp Lvl 19 +4 105000 gp
Lvl 9 +2 4200 gp Lvl 24 +5 525000 gp
Lvl 14 +3 21000 gp Lvl 29 +6 2625000 gp
Implement (Tome)
Power (Encounter*Implement, Force): Arcane winds assail your foe, pushing him around or even knocking him off of his feet. Standard Action. Make an attack, Intelligence vs. Fortitude against 1 target within 20 spaces.
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence Force damage, and the target is pushed a number of spaces equal to your Wisdom modifier. Lvl 14 or 19: 2d6 + Intelligence Force damage. Lvl 24 or 29: 3d6 + Intelligence Force damage, and the target is also knocked prone.

Tome of Blizzard
A terrifying tome that controls the fullest fury of the North Wind to propel your spells
Lvl 15 +3 25000 gp Lvl 25 +5 625000 gp
Lvl 20 +4 125000 gp Lvl 30 +6 3125000 gp
Implement (Tome)
Property: When using an attack power with the Cold or Force keywords, double the base range. Take no penalties with the attack roll for attacking at the new, longer range. (If using Tome of Power, apply that ability's extra range after doubling)
Power (Encounter*Implement, Cold): Standard Action. Make an attack, Intelligence vs. Fortitude against 1 target within 50 spaces. (The additional range from the tome's property is already accounted for)
Hit: 2d8 + Intelligence Cold damage, and the target is immobilized. (Save ends) Level 25 or 30: Range 60, 3d8 + Intelligence Cold damage, and the target is restrained. (Save ends)

Rexcalibur
The ultimate tome of the winds, it unleashes a maelstrom of arcane energy at its wielder's bidding.
Implement (Tome)
Critical: +6d10 cold damage
Property: When using any powers with the Force or Cold keywords, deal double damage against any targets that are flying.
Property: Increase your movement speed by 2 and ignore the effects of difficult terrain.
Property: When using any powers with the Force or Cold keywords that causes an effect that a save could end, the opponent takes a -3 penalty to its saving throw.
Power (Encounter*Implement, Cold, Force): Standard Action. Make an attack, Intelligence vs. Fortitude against 1 target within 20 spaces.
Hit: 5d10 Cold and Force damage, and the target is restrained. (Save ends)

Shades of Gray
2008-08-23, 09:29 AM
Maybe Aether should restore a healing surge instead of "half of recieved damage"

Range 10 is a bit too much for wind edge, I'd say make it range 5.

Geno9999
2008-08-23, 03:10 PM
Okay, let me throw a curve ball at you; Nosferatu.
In Fire Emblem 6-8, This is a Dark Tome (http://www.serenesforest.net/fe6/tome.htm#Dark) that the user recovers HP equal to the damage they have done. However, in FE 9-10, it's a Light Tome (http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/magic.html) that does the same thing.

Mando Knight
2008-08-23, 04:49 PM
Good suggestion, Shades. I'm thinking of knocking down the range of both the Wind Edge and Ragnell/Alondite to 5 since that's the short range of the Hand Axe and Throwing Hammer.

Geno, I'm probably going to make Nosferatu a light tome, since it's actually been one of them longer (pre-GBA games, as Resire).

I'll probably change the healing to "use healing surge" later tonight... along with adding a bit of FIRE to the tomes.

Mando Knight
2008-08-27, 08:08 PM
Tome of Fire
A red book that is perpetually warm to the touch
Lvl 4 +1 840 gp Lvl 19 +4 105000 gp
Lvl 9 +2 4200 gp Lvl 24 +5 525000 gp
Lvl 14 +3 21000 gp Lvl 29 +6 2625000 gp
Implement (Tome)
Searing flames converge on the doomed foes
Standard Action. Make a attack, Burst 1 within 20, Intelligence vs. Reflex, against all creatures within the burst.
Hit: Lvl 4 or 9: 1d6 + Intelligence Fire damage. Lvl 14 or 19: Increase the damage to 2d6, and you can choose to attack with Burst 2 within 15. Lvl 24 or 29: Increase the damage to 3d6, and you can also choose to attack with Burst 3 within 10.

Tome of Meteoric Rain
A tome that launches flames inconceivable distances
Lvl 15 +3 25000 gp Lvl 25 +5 625000 gp
Lvl 20 +4 125000 gp Lvl 30 +6 3125000 gp
Implement (Tome)
Property: When using an attack power with the Fire keyword, double the base range. Take no penalties with the attack roll for attacking at the new, longer range. (If using Tome of Power, apply that ability's extra range after doubling)
You call upon flaming death from the heavens to incinerate your foes before they gets close
Standard Action. Make an Attack, Burst 3 within 50, Intelligence vs. Reflex, against all creatures within the burst. (the extra range from this item's property is already included)
Hit:Lvl 15 or 20: 2d8 + Intelligence Fire damage. Lvl 25 or 30: Burst 3 within 60, 3d8 + Intelligence Fire damage.

Rexflame
The ultimate tome of flames, it controls heat that would make a star's flame seem like Cania.
Implement (Tome)
Critical: +6d10 Fire damage
Property: You may increase the burst size of all ranged burst powers with the Fire keyword by 1.
Property: Inflict an extra 5 damage against any foes with Fire vulnerability.
Property: You gain an untyped +3 bonus to Reflex Defense while wielding this tome.
You call upon a surge of heat that sears the battlefield. It's unknown whether it was a wave of lava or the surface of a miniature star.
Standard Action. Make an attack, Close Burst 8, Intelligence vs. Reflex.
Hit: 6d10 Radiant Fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 10 Fire damage. (Save ends)

Behold! An update and a bump! (forgive the double post!)

...Yes, I know I said Saturday that I'd do it then. Consider me on Mercury time for purposes of updating this.:smalltongue:

Geno9999
2008-08-28, 03:52 PM
New question; are you going to put in Anti-Armor/Horseback weapons?

Mando Knight
2008-09-24, 08:44 PM
Technically not quite a Thread necro... since it's been less than a month since the last post on this thread...

I'll add this to the OP, too...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Hidden02.jpg

The Falchion of Anri

+5 Longsword

Critical: 5d8 damage, 5d12 against dragons
Property: This weapon provides Resist 15 against a dragon's breath attack.
Property: The enhancement bonus of the sword increases to +6 and the bonus critical damage to 6d8 (6d12 vs. dragons) if the wielder is at least level 28.
Property: If the wielder is proficient in both Rapiers and Longswords, he may use this sword as if it were both a Light Blade and a Heavy Blade.
Power (Encounter*Healing): Minor Action. Spend a healing surge and recover HP equal to your Healing Surge value + your Charisma modifier + this weapon's enchantment bonus.
Power (Daily): Minor Action. Your next attack with this weapon against a dragon, if made before the end of your turn, gains a power bonus to the attack roll equal to this weapon's enchantment bonus and ignores any resistances the dragon has.

The Falchion of Anri, oddly enough, is actually a longsword. Sharing many qualities with a Dragonslayer Weapon, it was twice used to defeat the Dark Dragon Mediuth, once by Anri and again by his descendant Marth a century later. A finely crafted sword, it has a golden wing-like crossguard and has precious gems inlaid on the pommel and rain guard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sword_parts.svg).

Fiery Diamond
2008-09-25, 11:32 AM
Unfortunately I'm not a 4E player, but a 3.5. This concept does seem to fit better in 4e than 3.5, though. I'm a big Fire Emblem fan (the source of my name, actually), so this is really cool. I think you should focus on making classes, though.

-Fiery Diamond

Lyesmith
2008-09-25, 11:38 AM
i remember homebrewing a Swordmaster class with Dihan at somepoint.
Was focused on criticals and fast attacks. Pretty frail, but highly agile and brilliant damage dealers, could take a feat to bypass critical immunity, and had an ability based on Astrum that I can't quite recall just now. I'll rifle through logs, try and find it.

Mando Knight
2008-09-25, 12:36 PM
I think you should focus on making classes, though.

Yeah, but making classes is harder in 4E than it was in 3.5. I might make some Paragon Paths, especially for Tome implements...

I just updated the OP, adding in the Falchion and giving Aether a bonus to the amount healed equal to the user's Con modifier...

AstralFire
2008-09-25, 01:11 PM
Off-hand, I don't really think there's an FE class aside from Laguz and Mounted Classes that isn't pretty well handled by the basic rules.

Mando Knight
2008-09-25, 01:48 PM
Off-hand, I don't really think there's an FE class aside from Laguz and Mounted Classes that isn't pretty well handled by the basic rules.

That's what I thought, and I think that the Laguz could be handled by a few Class/Race combos with racial Paragon Paths and a Laguz King/Lord Epic Destiny (similar to the Dragon magazine's Mythic Sovereign ED).

Mounted classes will probably be covered by Martial Power... it, the MM, and Adventurer's Vault will probably be all you'd need to make the mounted classes...

AstralFire
2008-09-25, 01:54 PM
Yeah, now, 3E would have been a problem, but they added implements to 4E...

(One of the things I think that grabbed me first about 4E was that they were ditching the... very... odd rod/wand system that doesn't jive with anything else in fantasy.)

Mando Knight
2008-09-29, 06:20 PM
He Who Fights For His Friends

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/ike/ike.jpg

PC Stats, as of the end of Radiant Dawn:
Fighter/Iron Vanguard/Chosen of Yune (mechanically, as of Selune) 30
Medium natural humanoid (human)
Initiative +20
Senses Perception/Insight +17, passive 27
HP: 236 Bloodied: 118 Surge: 59 Surges/Day: 16
AC: 49 Fort: 41 Ref: 41 Will: 34
Speed: 6

Powers Known:
At-Will: Cleave, Reaping Strike, Tide of Iron
Encounter: Warrior's Challenge (Lv. 17), Frontline Surge (Iron Vanguard 11), Aether (outlined above), Adamantine Strike (Lv. 27)
Daily: Reaving Strike (Lv. 19), Supremacy of Steel (Lv. 25, Reliable), No Mercy (Lv. 29, Reliable), Indomitable Strength (Iron Vanguard 20, Healing)
Utility: Inexorable Shift (Iron Vanguard 12, encounter), No Surrender (Lv. 22, daily, Healing), Interposing Shield (Lv. 16, encounter), Stalwart Guard (Lv. 10, daily), Unbreakable (Lv. 6, encounter), No Opening (Lv. 2, encounter), Waking Fortune (Chosen of Yune Lv. 26, daily)

Fighter/Iron Vanguard/Chosen Class Features:
Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority, Fighter Weapon Talent (1-handed) (PHB 76); Enduring Warrior, Ferocious Reaction, Trample the Fallen (PHB 86); Divine Spark (to STR & DEX), Divine Recovery, Divine Miracle (FR PG 72, same as Demigod, PHB 175)

Race Features: Bonus Feat, Bonus Skill, Bonus At-Will, Human Defense Bonuses (PHB 46)

Feats: (19) Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Weapon Focus (Heavy Blades), Toughness, Blade Opportunist, Armor Specialization (Scale), Heavy Blade Opportunity, Heavy Blade Mastery, Epic Resurgence, Defensive Advantage, Action Recovery, Durable, Human Perseverance, Action Surge, Power Attack, Fleet-Footed, Potent Challenge, Combat Anticipation, Improved Initiative, Evasion

Alignment: Good; Languages: Common, ? other (no other non-secret language in campaign world)
Skills: Athletics (+27), Endurance (+18), Intimidate (+21)

STR: 28 (+9, +24)
CON: 21 (+5, +20)
DEX: 20 (+5, +20)
INT: 13 (+1, +16)
WIS: 14 (+2, +17)
CHA: 12 (+1, +16)

Equipment: Ragnell (+6 version), +6 Elderscale (flavored as partial plate, unknown other properties), Heavy Shield (flavored as massive vambrace, possible enchantment), +6 cloak (unknown enchantment), bandana (likely enchanted), various healing potions and other items, several million gp, leadership over force of epic-level characters.

Hope this suffices as Ike's stats for now... I just wanted to try to figure out his Epic PC stats before figuring out his NPC or lower-level ones...

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-29, 07:07 PM
Ike's Stats

Very Cool. Very.

Also, when I mentioned earlier that I couldn't see a fighter or a paladin using aether, I meant not that I couldn't see the effects working with their buuilds, but that I couldn't see them jumping 20 feet into the air, doing a summersault and cleaving someone in half while wearing plate armour.

I can run up the PPs for the tomes if you'd like. In fact, I'd be happy to make that my next project (I'm running low on ideas, you see...)

Mando Knight
2008-09-29, 08:51 PM
Also, when I mentioned earlier that I couldn't see a fighter or a paladin using aether, I meant not that I couldn't see the effects working with their buuilds, but that I couldn't see them jumping 20 feet into the air, doing a summersault and cleaving someone in half while wearing plate armour.

Well... at Epic levels, it is competing with powers like Resounding Smite, Sublime Teleportation, Warrior's Urging, Hack 'n' Slash... and that's just some of the Lv. 23 encounters...

...It is Epic, after all... and Ike isn't very Swordmage-y...

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-30, 09:42 PM
Fire Emblem is awesome, so I was trying to think of a way I could contribute. Noticing my pool of paragon path ideas had run dry, I took the liberty of attempting the Dark Sage Paragon Path. I hope you don't mind. A mix of all the American release games (I hope), this should work pretty well mechanically. I'm sure there's stuff missing, and maybe some of its overpowered, but heh, that's why we have the forums, right?
Cannibalise it, toss it, whatever. Just something to keep me busy.
PEACH away.

Dark Sage
“Taste the wrath of the Black Fang, fools! Your interference will only serve you death”

Prerequisite: Able to use Tomes as an implement, Dark Fury feat

You wield dark arcane might beyond the comprehension of the so-called mages of the anima disciplines. You hate and shun wielders of light magic and holy magic, and your spells are powerful, but somewhat unwieldy.

Dark Sage Path Features
Flare (11th level): Choose one of your spells with the Necrotic or Psychic keyword. This spell gains the “Reliable” keyword. If you lose this spell via retraining, you can select another spell for this ability.
Shadow Walk (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you can also teleport 4 squares before or after you take the action.
Dark Corona (16th level): Your powers with the Necrotic or Psychic keyword use your highest mental stat for attack and damage rolls, and they add your highest mental stat’s modifier as additional damage on a critical hit.

Dark Sage Powers
Luna Dark Sage Attack 11
“You let loose an Arcane blast that blows through your foe’s feeble defences”
Encounter * Arcane, Necrotic, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 15
Attack: Charisma +2 or Wisdom+2 or Intelligence +2 vs. Reflex
Hit: Charisma modifier or Wisdom modifier or Intelligence modifier damage and the target gains vulnerability 10 to necrotic, psychic and cold attacks (save ends) and takes a -2 penalty to saving throws against cold, necrotic or psychic effects (save ends).

Terrain Rewarp Dark Sage Utility 12
“You teleport away, leaving a wake of impassable terrain to foil your foes”
Daily * Arcane, Teleportation, Necrotic
Standard Action Personal
Effect: Teleport 10 squares. Every square between your starting position and your destination becomes difficult terrain until the end of the encounter. Anyone stepping through the terrain take necrotic damage equal to ˝ your level. Creatures that have a resistance to necrotic damage greater than ˝ your level are not impeded by this power.

Gleipnir Dark Sage Attack 20
“You release a cosmic blast of maddening necrotic energy, destroying your foes utterly”
Daily * Arcane, Necrotic, Implement
Standard Action Burst 2 within 15
Target: Every creature in burst
Attack: Charisma or Wisdom or Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d10 + charisma modifier or wisdom modifier or intelligence modifier necrotic damage and the target is knocked prone and dazed (save ends). This attack automatically scores a critical on demons, but inflicts only half damage (after resistance) on undead.

Mando Knight
2008-10-01, 11:40 AM
Nice, but I was planning on giving the Dark tomes to the Warlock (Con/Cha for attack), so our stuff might synch better if you change the class prerequisite to Warlock, or just to "able to use Tomes as implements"

Also: Swordmages will not be able to normally use Tomes for implements, however, you can add a new line to the feat Student of Sword Magic (FR PG, 136), under benefit: You may also use Tomes as implements for arcane powers with the "implement" keyword.

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-01, 04:59 PM
Nice, but I was planning on giving the Dark tomes to the Warlock (Con/Cha for attack), so our stuff might synch better if you change the class prerequisite to Warlock, or just to "able to use Tomes as implements"

Changed.

Also: Swordmages will not be able to normally use Tomes for implements, however, you can add a new line to the feat Student of Sword Magic (FR PG, 136), under benefit: You may also use Tomes as implements for arcane powers with the "implement" keyword.

I don't get this. Swordmagi cannot use tomes, but people who multiclass swordmage can?

Raz_Fox
2008-10-09, 12:57 PM
Are you going to add in stuff from Blazing Sword, Mando Knight? What you've got here already seems awesome, congradulations!

Mando Knight
2008-10-09, 03:13 PM
I don't get this. Swordmagi cannot use tomes, but people who multiclass swordmage can?

Student of Sword Magic is the feat that gives a Swordmage the ability to use a spellbook for storing Dailies. Blade Initiate is the MC Swordmage feat.

How it's set up now is that a Swordmage needs to know how to store his spells in a standard spellbook before he can use enchanted attacking ones.

Raz, I may enter Blazing Sword items as I see ones that interest me... I just know of more items from FE 9 & 10 because those are the ones I have.

Mando Knight
2008-11-18, 10:59 PM
New material, and wrapping up the Anima Magic Triangle, are the Thunder and Lightning tomes!

Tome of Lightning
A non-descript yellowish book... except for the fact that it crackles with static electricity.
Implement (Tome)
You call upon a burst of electrical power to wound, and possibly even paralyze, your foe
Standard Action. Make a attack, Ranged 20 against one creature, Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: Lvl 4 or 9: 1d8 + Intelligence Thunder damage. Lvl 14 or 19: Increase the damage to 2d8, and the target is dazed (save ends). Lvl 24 or 29: Increase the damage to 3d8, and the target is stunned (save ends).

Tome of Bolting
A book crackling with lightning, capable of striking down your foes from afar.
Implement (Tome)
Property: When using a ranged attack power with the Lightning or Thunder keyword, double the base range. Take no penalties with the attack roll for attacking at the new, longer range. (If using Tome of Power, apply that ability's extra range after doubling)
You call upon a bolt of lightning, surging from the skies to strike down a distant foe.
Standard Action. Make an Attack, Range 50 against one creature, Intelligence vs. Reflex. (the extra range from this item's property is already included)
Hit: Lvl 15 or 20: 2d10 + Intelligence Lightning damage. Lvl 25 or 30: Range 60, 3d10 + Intelligence Lightning damage, and make a secondary attack against all creatures adjacent to the initial target. Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex, Hit: 2d10 + Int Lightning damage.

Rexbolt
A massive book of eldritch lore, it is the ultimate work on controlling the forces of thunder and lightning.
Implement (Tome)
Critical: +6d10 Lightning damage
Property: When using any attack powers with the Thunder or Lightning keywords, Dragons and Reptiles hit by the attack gain Vulnerable 10 Lightning until the end of your next turn.
Property: When using any attack powers with the Thunder or Lightning keywords, add a +2 untyped bonus to the attack roll.
Property: All of your powers with either the Thunder or Lightning keyword is treated as having both, and any damage dealt by the powers are treated as dealing both Thunder and Lightning damage.
Power (Encounter*Implement, Thunder, Lightning):
You channel the power of the Rexbolt to fire a deadly assault of thunder and lightning.
Standard Action. Make an attack, Burst 3 within 25, Intelligence vs. Fortitude, against all creatures within the burst.
Hit: 5d12 Thunder and Lightning damage, and the target is Stunned. (Save ends)

Will add this to the OP sometime later, as well as update the OP with tables for the magic item levels and prices.

The Nightwalker
2009-09-11, 08:27 PM
What your suggestion on draco knights? Because if you think about it would be a little overpowered having a dragon as a mount.