PDA

View Full Version : The legacy of ancient race and how do I explain them

Akisa
2008-08-17, 06:34 PM
I had idea after watching reruns of SG1 I downloaded from Itunes and DVDs of BSG about a space fairing race with magic more common place then FR. In fact scholars say the average citizen were more skilled in magic then some of the most learned Mages of the planet. However the Ancients has since long disappeared.

But question is how do I explain the disappearance of such a race of magically and technological gifted people? I was guessing the gods denied the weave to them and maybe most their technology tap through the weave? But then why would the gods return the use of magic to the world/realm?

I decided that the "planes" are not different realms, but are different planets (thus plane shift is called planet shift).

I was also thinking of having an island country that's roughly in the same latitude as Alaska. But the ancients placed a device underground that seem to heat the area causing it be a tropical island with roughly same temperature year round. Planet life evolved or created by the ancients to take advantage of the heating element of the island and can't grow anywhere else of the planet. But if the god's remove weave access then how do I explain why the "Alaska" region remain tropical?

Eighth_Seraph
2008-08-17, 07:17 PM
You, friend, are on the wrong forum. I suggest that you try heading over to the Gaming forums (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30), where you will doubtless find plenty of help.