PDA

View Full Version : A New God-Game Rules System - Game Thread

Don the Bastard
2008-08-17, 10:24 PM
Don the Illegitimate look down upon the planet he had wrought and saw a great many things, things that he had created and things that had evolved from them. Things to numerous for he to control, and so he planted a thought in these creatures, the spark of religion.

Map
http://www.b3tards.com/u/5ca6327c8893748d8306/gggame_map001.jpg

Lord Asmodeus
In the far east is a string of volcanic mountains populated by a group of snake people, made strong by both the bonds between themselves and the underworld far below that they visit through the volcanoes and by the fire themselves. The revel in the light however, holding it above the demons below. They began to worship the volcanoes, as the source of their power, and the being in Hell too, basing their beliefs after these worships. And so Don the Illegitimate tore off a piece of his divinity and placed in a powerful Demon Lord, Asmodeus. Start at Q10

Mike the Mystic
In the large centre Isle, where the weather is most humid and warm arose The Myconids they are an Intellegent and Wise mushroom-like humanoid race. They live in large fungus groves in the upper underdark, where less evil creatures live and trade between the other mortal races is possible. They are strong, but their true power comes from the variety of spores they can use to either communicate or attack with. They are quite peaceful, but they will fiericely defend their groves with toxic spores that can do things from paralysis and sleep to death in minutes. They created a system of beliefs based around a pro-genitor god, that they called Mycellius. And so Don the Illegitimate tore off a piece of himself and gave Mycellius life. Start at H6

Eldan
On a small Isle in the far north arose a race of Giant Hawks, silver and so wise that they too could speak and think as the other races could, the nested high in the northern mountains, prefering the colder climates and to be close to the sun. They began to see the sun as a powerful force of nature and eventually venerated it as a god, creating a system of beliefs based around it's worship and the edicts of truth and divination. So Don the Illegitimate tore of a piece of his mind, and infused with the power of the sun, creating what the Hawks called Arcos Start at D1

Ganurath
Deep in the south, where the nights are long and dark arose a race powerful enough to bend shadows to their will, they used these magics for a millenia until it twisted them into dark and warring creatures, they fought against one another until one mage created a great shadow golem to destroy the other, it was venerated and worshipped as a god for it's prowess, and so Don the Illegitimate tore of a piece of his mind, a cunning deceptive piece and infused it into the golem, giving him the spark of divinity to rule, He named himself Vaspor, and disappeared. Start at I12

Ipphli
In the north west was an island covered in twisting cavernous rock forms and high mountains, A primitive race of bull-men arose from the tribes, stronger, more intelligent than the rest, their power was in superior logic and strength of arms. The philosopher's of the tribes, always the strongest, came to question their existence and created a creation mythology, reasoning that intellect must spring from somewhere. They created a belief system based around a powerful and honourable god they named Kroloth. And so Don the Illegitimate tore off a piece of his muscle and infused it with divinity, creating the godling Start at A4

Those named above may post, others will be added as their creations/creators are finished. Please do not post until I have introduced you.

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-17, 10:37 PM
And lo, Mycellius the fungus lord looked upon the Myconids and saw they dispised the light of day. So he used his newfound power to make them a series of caves under the Island to live in, and named them the Upper Underdark, and gave their leader a vision to show them the way to their new home.

Creation: I am creating the Upper Underdark to give my Myconids a place to live and prosper. The Lower Underdark has many Fungi Groves for them to live in.

OOC: So, you make the appropriate rolls at the end of the round, or do I do it now?

Ipphli
2008-08-17, 10:56 PM
Kroloth awoke high atop a mountain above his chosen tribe. He looked about him at the land, and the creatures that inhabited it. Spying the minotaurs below, he studied them. They were strong and wise creatures. Kroloth was so impressed that he assumed their form when he decided to appear to their chieftain.

After assuring the chieftan that he was not dying or crazy, Kroloth began instructing the man on how the minotaurs should conduct themselves in all things. And he instructed them to convert their fellow minotaurs.

OOC:
Spreading Religion

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-17, 11:24 PM
Asmodeus

Though the Salamanders above sought to hold their light above the demons below, the demons did not disparage them. In truth, most demons had little love for the sun, far preferring the light cast by the flames of their world. However, Asmodeus was different. He had seen the light of the sun, and he knew it to be a thing of wonder. He saw the sun as a thing of fire and flames, but not as the flames his kind so preferred, he saw the sun as having a fire of its own, a fire unique to it and it alone.

When he was given the piece of divinity, he saw his chance. He knew the Salamanders, who had originated in the fiery reaches of Hell, often came and went through the Volcanoes, and in this Asmodeus knew his salvation. He swam upward through the lava, and emerged in a form that was wholly HIS. It was not his pure form, it was an aspect of what he was, but it fit him, and he was content. He rose from the lava as though from water, magma cascaded from his form he shined with a light of his own, a light that seemed like that of the deepest flames, and the heart of the sun. He had no legs, instead he had a long serpentine tail, stretching deep into the volcano. His upper form was humanoid, his arms were long and ended in black clawed fingers. Massive demonic wings spread from his back fully extended, clawed tips burning red hot. His face was like a mix of serpent and salamander, long and cruel and filled with fangs that glowed with infernal heat, his eyes too glowed, they glowed a yellow orange as the magma did, and he had massive horns which curved from the top of his brow, gliding upward and then backward.

The Salamanders looked upon them with awe, and he spoke in a booming voice. I am Asmodeus, the Great Serpent, I am your creator and I have revealed myself to you, that I might bolster your greatness with my own. Come, follow me, and I will grant you power like you have never dreamed and they did, they looked upon him with adulation, and they saw their new god.

((OOC: Religion Social))

Ganurath
2008-08-18, 01:34 AM
Vaspor didn't pay much mind to those who created the golem. Still, in this divine state, followers were needed... A quiet devotion would be ideal. Easier to get a secondary reverence among other races. Perhaps something to inspire it... Ah, a relic of the past. Discarding it might make it easier to hide, as well. Hidden well, and made well worth earning.

OOC: Creation check for a suit of full plate enchanted with shadow magic, forged from the mortal golem body. Deception check to hide its location from the other gods.

Eldan
2008-08-18, 02:55 AM
Arcos

And the Lord of Truth descended upon the world, and his glory illuminated the northern island for three days and three nights. With the light of truth he touched their mind, for truth is what seperates reality from concept and idea.
He spoke to them:
"Much of which you see in this world is only a shadow of the truth. It is like a cave, barely lit by the light of the sun that falls in from above. Seeking the truth behind the shadow is the purpose of the wise man. In life, one may never know what truly is and is not. But I will give you the gift to recognize the greatest falsehoods, because a lie is anathema to the hidden truth."
And thus Arcos began teaching the Great Hawks of the North the ways of truth and enlightenment.

Action: Religion

OOC: ugh. Yellow is not a good colour.

Ganurath
2008-08-18, 03:21 AM
Vaspor

A shadow flitted up north. No effort was made toward subtlety. After all, communication requires recognition of the presence of those communicating. Soon, the layered and ethereal form of Vaspor came before Arcos. "A god of sun. I suppose a god of shadow such as myself should strive to balance with you... I'd like to make an offer. The plan is long term, far reaching and far seeing. I think you'd like it, and would provide mutual benefit. Would you like to hear my offer?"

Eldan
2008-08-18, 03:36 AM
Arcos

"Speak, Shadow. Our domains may be opposed, but it is foolish to deny one the right to speak his mind. Therefore, tell me your offer."

Ganurath
2008-08-18, 03:46 AM
Vaspor

"Some time from now, beings of my creation will come upon an item that has guiding words with it. If I time it right, their part of the world will be in the sunless season when they discover it... The time when the sun never sets in the realms of your followers. I would ask for a brief flash of sun upon the horizon when those finding the item should depart from its hiding place. In exchange... I could give some of your hawks eyes that see in darkness, for the season when the north is beyond the light, and the sun is strong upon my realm." Having spoken, Vaspor began to withdraw. "The event will come some time from now, so you have time to contemplate my proposal. Until then, I bid you farewell, and may you enjoy your sunny seasons as I enjoy my months of twilight."

Eldan
2008-08-18, 03:57 AM
Arcos

The Sun lord spoke before the shadow had entirely disappeared.
"Your offer seems like one I can agree on, but tell me: what will those "Guiding Words" be? I will not support you if I can not support those words."

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-18, 04:36 AM
And so the God of Fungi, Mycellius looked upon the horizon, and thought that light would not suit him, so he went into the shade of the jungle, and rested, until Don the Illigitamate had his say.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-18, 08:40 AM
OOC:Well since everyone in the OP has had their say Don will speak again

Maphttp://www.b3tards.com/u/5ca6327c8893748d8306/gggame_map002.jpg
OmnikIn the north there arose a race of gnomes, obsessed with technology and magic, they even forged mechanical bronze armor for themselves, fusing it to their bodies, they eventually "evolved" this magic and technology into their genetics. Then they thought further, what happens when they die? How did they come into being? Why were they here? They began to form ideals and beliefs, they called it religion and they worshipped it calling it the Everness. Don the Illegitimate saw this evolution, and gave the Everness a piece of his intellect. Start at J2
Emperor DemonkingIn the far east jungles there rose a wise race of forest people, they respected the ways of nature, and used the boons it provided in a sustainable way, they were long-lived due to their healthy diet and lifestyle, and this left much time for thought, they developed a system of governance that gave moral and ethical guidelines for living respectfully, and they named it Magi. Don the Illegitimate blessed these creatures with a guardian, giving him Wisdom and power over the magical weave that infused all things. Start at P4
Mycellius: Improvements to Upper Underdark Caverns (creation+caves) - [roll0]+[roll1]. 563 domain str.
-50 resistance
Kroloth: Spreading religion amongst the Minotaurs ({willpower+honour-226}/2) - {[roll2]+[roll3] - 226}/2 change to creation str. 374 new creation strength.
-50 resistance.
Asmodeus: Social only.
Vaspor: {you are still 10 points over on your character creation, so I will take 1d100+1d50 off all your task rolls until you fix it}
Creating Armor Artefact (creation+shadow) - [roll4]
Hiding Artefact from other gods (deception+trickery) [roll5] vs. Mycellius - (perception) [roll6] vs. Kroloth - (perception) [roll7] vs. Asmodeus - (perception) [roll8] vs. Arcos- (perception+truth) [roll9]
-100 resistance
Arcos: Spreading religion amongst the Silver Hawks (hey I remember that cartoon!) ({Willpower+Truth-244}/2) - {[roll10]-244/2} change to creation str. 300 new creation strength
-50 resistance.

I suggest that during your battle turn (if you are doing nothing else) that you should always put heal down to recover some lost resistance.

Also I am adding a technology turn.

You need to pick one of the following for your race to develop.
Fishing
Hunting
Agriculture
The Wheel
Mysticism
Mining
These will give them (or you) bonuses to creation strength, against certain natural disasters or other special events.

If you wish to get them to a particular technology I am using the civilisation IV tech tree (spoilered below).

http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/files/1/civ4techtree92005vanilla_original.jpg

Fan
2008-08-18, 09:45 AM
(Hey Don do we choose our starting area, or do you, because well I dont think Cthulhu will be talking to anybody soon. Other than gibberish of course.)

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-18, 10:23 AM
Magi looked at his creatures and thought them great. They knew magic, though not to ther degree that he would like. Magi told the elves to try and learn magic. He tried to help them but then decided to give magic to another race.

(learning mysticism)

(Corrupting the giant hawks into using magic)

Don the Bastard
2008-08-18, 11:29 AM
FF fanboyIn the dark gloomy depths of the flooded Underdark a race had evolved... mutated, a dark and intelligent race of parasites, driven insane by magic and by staring into the darkness to long, together the minds of these creatures screamed for guidance, screamed for a father, screamed to Don, constantly they berratted the overgod, wearing down his resolve and splintering off a piece of his metality, and so came Cthulu.

Let's see if you remain hidden - Cthulu (deception) vs. Mycellius - (perception) [roll]3d100) vs. Kroloth - (perception) 4d100) vs. Asmodeus - (perception) vs. Arcos- (perception+truth) [roll]11d100) vs. Magi - (perception+knowledge) vs. Everness - (perception) [roll]6d100).
-50 resistance.

Edit: Stoopid roller.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-18, 11:31 AM
Mycellius - (perception) [roll0] vs. Kroloth - (perception) [roll1] vs. Arcos - (perception+truth) [roll2] vs. Everness - (perception) [roll3].

So Arcos, Everness & Magi are aware of Cthulu, I will PM his location.

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-18, 12:07 PM
And so Mycellius awoke and saw that the upper underdark was a good place for the Myconids, with many Fungi Groves dotting the multiple caves, with smaller tunnels leading down to the lower underdark, which is often just known as the underdark. That is a place where no Myconid would enter. He felt weakened from creating the upper underdark, so he healed himself to return to normal.

OOC: Combat, heal [roll0]. I think that in order to heal, we should roll a dice that is equal to resistance we have lost. So since I lost 50, i roll a d50 to see how much i have healed. And so I got a 46, I heal 46 back.

Fan
2008-08-18, 12:27 PM
Making mesa some relegious fanatics, based entirely off the concept that they must sacrifice themselves on their deathbeds to the sleeper beneath, with a rather sharop looking sacrifical spoon. (if that aint chaotic, and mad I dont know what is.)
relegion. willpower+ 1/2 madness, +1/10th chaos.
[roll0]
[roll1]
let this work out well.
so new strength for the Illithids is 566, thats good.

Illithids reserach Mysticism.

Eldan
2008-08-18, 12:34 PM
Arcos:

After spreading his philosophy amongst the hawks, the rested for many days, while his chosen people spread the word and developed new technologies.

Arcos rests, the hawks research hunting.

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-18, 12:36 PM
Mycellius once again spoke to the leader of the Myconids. He told him to create pick axes, and showed them how. Then he showed him how to mine the shiny minerals out of the rocks, and told him to keep them safe until the time when Mycellius would tell him to bring them out. He had sowed the seeds of mining for the myconids, so they could use them at a later time.

OOC: I think you have to wait to tomarrow for don to roll how powerful your Technology roll is, or possibly today.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-18, 12:44 PM
OOC: As stated above you just tell me what you want to do, I'll make the rolls at the end of each round. Also remember you get 1 religion, 1 creation, and 1 battle action per turn. As well as unlimited social actions. A turn represents 10 years in-game time, or 24 hours real time.

Healing will work as follows (sorry to ruin your idea Mike, but I had already had this worked out d10 for each point in resistance and willpower + d10 for healing/death domains)

And FF fanboy, if we were to use your rolls then the new str would be 460, as you only add half the difference. Calc for you is ({Willpower*d100's+1/2Madness*d100's-354}/2), but I will resolve that at end of turn.

Fan
2008-08-18, 01:06 PM
Creation rolls for mah, new peoples the Psudeo Natural Umber Hulks. (mainly for the madness, and chaos bounuses.)
Cthulhu journyed to the deepest pit he could fin in his cave, and filled it with the pure essence of chaos, and madness, the pit filling to the brim, as the disgusting liquid filled the pit, and from the vomitous slude emerged creatures, with horrible forms, and adamantine hard shells vicious fore claws existe where one would expect hands, and they had razor sharp tails with which to defend themselves with, and Cthulhu filled their minds with madness. Thus the Psuedo natural Umber hulk were born.

[roll0]
[roll1]

also healing.
[roll2]

Ganurath
2008-08-18, 01:34 PM
Vaspor returned to the shadow folk, and watched them weave their webs, their layers. They were clever and crafty, sure... But they were content. That wouldn't do. With a subtle nudge here, clouds began to hide away the sun. From there, nature took over and brought rain. The water flowed, and the patterns caught the fancy of one of the shadow folk, who followed the flow toward a river that fed into the as yet unseen ocean. Still, fish swam the river, and the shadow child returned to his village to inform his kin of the new food source. This would hopefully encourage expansion, and give Vaspor time to rest.

OOC: Fishing technology, heal.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-18, 02:02 PM
Asmodeus

With the Salamanders bowing before him, Asmodeus was pleased. He dictated that the Salamanders expand their control. He told them to further their own tribes and kingdoms, and to make further use of the whole of the island. To this end, he created systems of roads and paths across the island, so that the Salamanders could easily use the quickest and safest paths.

((Creation))

Eldan
2008-08-18, 02:36 PM
Acros

The Master of Truth smiled upon his chosen people. He decided that they needed both protection and a sign of his will to guide them.
He took the rays of the sun and hardened them into a metal, the colour of gold, but harder than iron and from it, he built a tower in the middle of the island.
"This", he spoke.
"This is the Tower of Light. It will be my temple, and your fortress, where you can retreat in times of need."
The tower had no entrance safe for windows high above the ground, so that only the flying hawks could reach it. On it's top floor was a giant hallway, serving as a temple and community hall for his people.

((Creation))

Ipphli
2008-08-18, 05:17 PM
Kroloth

After watching his people spread and other minotaur tribes coming to his faith, Kroloth was pleased. But he also grew worried: the minotaurs were large creatures and required large amounts of food in order to survive. The rocky terrain unsuited to farming and with fews bodies of water to fish, the minotaurs were forced to learn to hunt their prey. Luckily there was an abundance of sheep and other mammals in the mountains, and the minotaurs flourished.

Pleased with his people's progress, Kroloth decided to reward them by scooping out a valley from amongst the surrounding mountains. This valley would be sheltered and well watered, with a river falling from the heights above, flowing through the valley, and disappearing underground. The soil would be fertile and ready to be used for farming or herding.

OOC:
Creation of mountain valley home
Battle: Heal

Don the Bastard
2008-08-18, 10:49 PM
You don't seem to be getting it FF fanboy & Ganaruath, rolls are done at the end of the turn, by me during resolution

Fan
2008-08-18, 10:55 PM
(Gah, big text! sorry for the mistake (killin my good rolls.))

Don the Bastard
2008-08-18, 11:06 PM
Effective though!

Fan
2008-08-18, 11:10 PM
(scary though, and it hurts mah eyes! (has extremly BAD eyesight.))

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-18, 11:31 PM
That's what you get for having an octopus for a head.
Anyway...

And Mycellius looked upon his people, the Myconids, and saw their work. For they mined many minerals from the earth, and lived happily in their fungi groves. And Mycellius saw that it was good, and that they were happy, so he decided that they should have a day of rest. So he told the leader that every seventh day was off, because it was the end of the week and that's when people grew most tired. And so the Myconids were more happy then before.

OOC: Its a happy happy joy joy love fest for my mushroom men, until some evil god shows up and starts trying to mess with them, then crap will hit the fan. :smalleek:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-18, 11:36 PM
((OOC: I take it the turn is over. I'm probably going to try and corrupt someones race next turn, half because I want to increase my peoples influence and build an empire of snake/fire people, and half because I'm bored and it sounds fun))

Don the Bastard
2008-08-19, 12:06 AM
Turn 1 ended at 11.40pm yesterday. Turn 2 will end at 11.40pm today, unless ya'll post a turn ended message before then.

Fan
2008-08-19, 12:39 AM
(end turn, because seriously what else am I( going to do eat Anchovy pizza without sauce?)

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-19, 04:31 AM
(Is that GMT? End turn.)

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-19, 05:41 AM
The Everness awoke. He looked upon the somewhat barren, inhospitable lands of the North and he discovered a race of incredibly ingenious and hardworking diminutive humanoids. He found their philosophy to his liking. And so he decided to teach them.

Everness didn't want to interfere too much in the gnomes' lives. Instead of appearing before them in all his glory, he decided to carve stone tablets depicting various technologies he imagined and describing a few religious rites that pleased him. He then left the tablets with one of the top gnome scientist and sat back to observe their evolution.

After some time he gave them the name Timeforged.

OOC:
Battle action - Heal
Religious action - Spread religion
Creation - I don't know if the tablets count.

Also, I want the Timeforged Gnomes to develop mining.

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-19, 05:50 AM
The Magi starts to heal his creatures, using his powers to do so. He is happy to do so for he likes the elves. Magi thought, that they had their priorities in the right place. (unlike other races). Though Magi was going to change the other races comment.

Battle - Heal

Don the Bastard
2008-08-19, 06:32 AM
Round ends in 2 hours 5 minutes from this post. :smallsmile:

Don the Bastard
2008-08-19, 09:00 AM
RollsMagi - Creation - Corrupting Silver Hawks to Magic Use. (Creation +1/2 Magic) - 300 change [roll0] as a %.
Magi -Battle - Heal (Resistance+Willpower d10s) [roll1]
Mycellius - Battle - Heal (Resistance+Willpower d10s)[roll2]
Cthulu - Religion - Spreading his madness amongst the Illithids. ({Willpower+Madness - 354}/2) change in creation strength [roll3]/2
Cthulu - Creation - Altering Psuedonatural Illithids to create Pseudonatural Umber Hulks. (Creation +1/2 Madness) [roll4]+[roll5]
Cthulu - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) [roll6]
Cthulu - Social - Eating an anchovy pizza (Madness+Resistance d5s {Madness and resistance because they make me sick!!}) [roll7]
Arcos - Creation - Tower of Light - (Creativity + 1/2 Sun d100s) [roll8]+[roll9]
Arcos - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) [roll10]
Vaspor - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) [roll11]
Asmodeus - Creation - A roads system on his island (Creativity d100s) [roll12]
Kroloth - Creation - Mountain Valley Home (Creativity d100s) [roll13]
Everness - Religion - Spreading his good word to the Time-forged (personally I like the name) (Willpower+Death-425/2) [roll14]/2 change to Creation Strength.
Everness - Creation - Artefact tablets of technology (creation+ 1/2artifice d100s) [roll15].
Everness - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance+1/2Death d10s) [roll16]

Magi spins a thread of the magical weave around a handful of the silver hawks of the north, infusing them with incredible magical power, their feathers changing ever so slightly to a greener tinge. (Racial Genesis Arcane Hawks - Shared creators Arcos & Magi - Creation Str 335). After which he must rest, taking a few moments to regain his strength on the side of a peak (-50 resistance from action +38 from heal = -12 overall).

Mycellius sat and watched his creations going about their lives happily. (Heal 54, so full resistance now).

Cthulu spread a madness in his children, a fanaticism for his worship. (354+120 = 474 new creation strength), after this he took some aside, and gave them strength and natural weaponry, crating the umber hulks (384 creation strength). After these strenuos activities he rang Don's pizza delivery and ordered a large pizza with nothing but anchovies, healing a little from his works (-100 resistance from actions +57 from heal = -43 overall).

Arcos' tower pleased him, it was tall and strong (tower creation Str 282), so he did not see Magi working on his creatures until they were finished, the new breed were indeed powerful, and they shared an affinity with both creators (Racial Genesis Arcane Hawks - Shared creators Arcos & Magi - Creation Str 335). He took a few moments to survey the land from atop his tower, soaking in the light of the red sun. (-50 from actions +57 from healing = +7 overall).

Vaspor rested in the shadows (+48 from healing).

Asmodeus tore roads through the jungles in his land, so that the Salamanders might better be able to travel (188 Creation Str).

Kroloth worked the land, creating a better place for the minotaurs to flourish and grow, fresh springwater bubbled out of the mountains, and the soil was rich and volcanic (Creation Strength 197)

Everness taught the time-forge about the afterlife, the future and creativity, spreading his influence through the race (425+80=505 new creation strength), he then wrote down what he saw in the future and handed it down to the time-forged so that they had a symbol of himself(Artefact creation strength=281). Weary from his work he rested (-100 resistance from actions +76 from healing = -24 overall)

Lastly all the gods heard the voice of Don in their heads, Godlings, my children, you are all growing and evolving your creations as I deem fit, I should like you all to send a representative of your race to my forum, I will send an astral carriage for them in 20 years, have them ready for it

Don the Bastard
2008-08-19, 09:36 AM
Racial Technologies (Creation Strengths 1st 2 digits in d10s + gods domain in 10d10s {if closely related} or 5d10's {if related})
Timeforged - Mining [roll0]
Myconids - Mining [roll1]
Minotaurs - Hunting [roll2]
Shadow Folk - Fishing [roll3]
Silver Hawks - Hunting [roll4]
Illithids - Mysticism [roll5]
Elves - Mysticism [roll6]

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-19, 10:35 AM
Everness saw the timeforged working in the mines in search of more metal. The Tablets seemed to have inspired them. However, life was harsh in the northern lands, and one couldn't feed his family with minerals in time of famine (That got Everness thinking about a race of being addicted to metal...rust monsters, maybe? Why not!). So the Keeper of Time decided to teach his gnomes ways to cultivate new plants.

Then, Everness received a message from the Overgod announcing a forum. He needed to send him one of his worshippers. What does Don want with a gnome anyway? The Time Keeper only hoped that his emissary wouldn't be dissected for further analysis...

He took the form of an old man with skin made of bronze bearing a long, grey beard. He was wearing simple robes and a leather belt with dozens of pockets filled with inventions of his own design. However, he didn't bother to hide his divine aura. It was around midnight at the time. Everness walked in the house of one of the most famous timeforged tinkerer and spoke, ignoring the man's shocked expression.

"Hello there, my friend...hmm...Arthuro? Alberto? Anyway. I'm pleased to meet you. I am your god. I am the personification of what you call The Everness. But it looks like you noticed."

The gnome was staring at him.

"I have known about you for a while. You're an artist in your own right, you know? You have been gifted with a strong intellect and creativity. I suppose you have me to thank for this. No, no, don't say anything. I have an important task for you. In 20 years from now, you'll go to the Heavens as my emissary. No, you won't die. Well, I don't think you will. Have faith, my diminutive friend! And be ready by that time."

Then Everness departed, leaving the gnome named Augusto speechless. When the god returned home, he found himself lonely. He took some materials, both organic and mineral, and began to tinker. He didn't really know what he wanted. The object took many shapes before the Keeper deemed it finished. The construct was then given sentience. Happy with the result, Everness made more. He got distracted along the way, however, so most of them wind up different from what was originally planned.

Thus were born the Reapers, homunculi of various forms (some hunchbacked, some more feral, some even obese) dressed in black and equipped with weapons, their favourite being a ghost-touched scythe. They were designed to be servants and guardians, but also to guide the souls of the dead to the Afterlife.

OOC: Social and Technological - Agriculture
Battle - Heal
Creation - Reapers
What about the Afterlife? Will we create divine realms? Do the mortals all go to the same Hell/Heaven?

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-19, 11:43 AM
Magi saw that the hawks were not as skilled as his elves and started to create the religion of magic in order for them to become better at magic. Magi hoped that the religion would not offend the other god but thought the need was to urgent too ask.

Magi spent a lot of his time healing from the effort of giving some of the hawks magic.

Religon: To the magic using hawks.

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-19, 01:07 PM
And so Mycellius was visited by the Overgod in his head, and decided to visit the Elder of the Myconids one more time. He told the leader that he must pick the smartest among them, and to prepare him for a time when he was needed. And so that went under way, as a series of games of wit and skill developed. And these became a religious ceremony, and the victor of these first games became the First Priest of Mycellius. And so Mycellius visited the Priest and told him of his first duty, that in 20 years he would be chosen to go to a forum of the races of this world. And the Myconid agreed, and Mycellius saw that this was good and left to look upon his creations again.

Mysticism (Ceremonial Games)

Fan
2008-08-19, 01:12 PM
Cthulhu really wondred why his Illthids werent taking well to his new crazy relegion, so he began a new practice in this relegion, sacrfical rites, from which you would get a randomn lesser being, and sacrifice them to Cthulhu to gaibn his favor in battle, or really anything ecauseas a god of madness he didn't really care.
(Relegion (sacrfical rites.)
Combat (heal)
technology (I geuss continuing mystcism if I didnt succed, but if i did I'll go with mining (lots of caves, we gotta expand them somnehow.)
Creation (create the tunnels of flesh, a network of caves, and tunnels, thatr actually pulsate as if alive!)

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-19, 01:43 PM
Magi came to the second most powerful of the elven mages. He chose second for he would represent the elves but would not take as big of risk if the overgod had evil intents. Appearing in front of him Magi said. "I am the lord of magic. I have chosen you for a great honour. You shall be the representive of your race in twenty years. Until that time you will be given what you want."

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-19, 02:02 PM
Asmodeus

The Serpent-God was pleased with the progress of his people. His road system, though imperfect, still allowed for far easier travel and settling across the island his people inhabited. They knew how to build simple tools, but they would need more. Asmodeus began teaching them how to mine for metals.

However, he sought more power. His chosen peoples, though powerful, were not enough, he sought more followers. He looked all around for some creatures who would search his purposes, and in the far north he found them. Giant Hawks who revered the sun... yes, they would do. He came to them in a form that was different from the one he came to the Salamanders in. He arrived, drifting downward, seemingly from the sun itself, aglow with the odd light of the sun, mixed with the infernal heat of a volcano. He told them he was a messenger of the sun, and he was there to take those faithful with him. Many did not believe him, secure in their belief in their current god, but many did come with him.

He vowed to make them "Better" and "more in tune with the sun" And so he wrought them with the power of the light, as well as the infernal power of his true home, Hell.

((Creation. Is teaching them to mine a creation act, or a social act?))

Ipphli
2008-08-19, 02:49 PM
Kroloth heard the summons and nodded to himself. Now that his people had the land, they had to learn to use it. And so Kroloth taught his people to farm as well as hunt. The majority of the minotaurs moved into the valley itself or the surrounding mountains. Seeing this, Kroloth decided they needed a city, a center for what he hoped would become a grand empire.

And so Kroloth dove into the mountainside, carving out buildings and streets for his people in the side of the mountain. The city climbed the side of the mountain, rather than burrowing into it. The highest level was reserved for his temple. Pleased with his work, Kroloth went to his high chieftain and informed him that in 19 years, games were to be held to determine who was the strongest and wisest among them all. The winner would be Kroloth's representative to the Overgod and to the other races.

Hearing of the others, Kroloth decided to go and see the others. Most appeared small or weak. Although the salamanders and the myconids showed promise. Deciding to visit the god of the Myconids first, Kroloth went in search of him.

OOC:
Creation: City of Karos
Technology: Agriculture
Social

Eldan
2008-08-19, 02:50 PM
Arcos, admiring the Tower of the Sun, did not see when his hawks were first changed. However, he noticed that some of them were different now, holding a new power, and revering magic, as well as the sun. And while he noticed what they were doing, he saw another god, changing and teaching his creatures.
"You!", he spoke to Asmodeus.
""What are you doing amongst my chosen people?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-19, 07:03 PM
Asmodeus

Asmodeus turned to the sun-god and smiled. Here too was a god who revered the odd light of the sun. I am teaching them the ways of the sun, as I have seen them. I have done no wrong.

Fan
2008-08-19, 08:58 PM
Social act: I will eat some heathens alive.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-19, 09:15 PM
@ Mycellius: I assume that means mysticism (see the tech tree for more details).
@ Asmodeus: Teaching them a technology is a technology action, it doesn't cost you any resistance, but you only get one a turn. Also see the tech breakdown after my big resolution post.
@ Everness: You have the right idea, getting as many actions off in the turn as you can... you just need a religious action now for a full book.

@Everyone(and in big so you take notice!) at present Don the Illegitimate has created 5 realms, the mortal realm (where you all are at present), the hells (where asmodeus is from), the heavens (where good aligned souls go when they die), the Weave (the realm where magic springs from) and the Astral Realm (where Don himself resides), you are welcome to alter any of them except for the Astral plane (without express permission of Don himself), these alterations could include creation of godly citadels, sub-realms, (like the shadow weave, or the nine hells, or the abyss, or mechanus etc.) or inter-connections between planes/subplanes (at the moment they are just layered one on top of the other in the order of Hell, Mortal, Weave, Heavens, Astral)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-19, 09:21 PM
((OOC: I was going to teach them forging, but I realized I needed metal for that first.))

Ganurath
2008-08-19, 10:02 PM
Vaspor

Vaspor watched Magi and his creations, curious as to their connection to the Weave. The way it flowed, intertwined... It inspired Vaspor. Drawing strands of shadow, Vaspor created a connection between Hell and the Weave, magic of fear, shadow, and deceit flowing through the Material Plane without actually influencing it... directly. Due to their affinity with shadow magic, the Shadow Folk were almost immediately aware of the Shadow Weave, and found a way to use it to "shadow jump." Vaspor then rested, to watch what his creations would do next.

OOC: Create Shadow Weave, Heal

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-19, 11:05 PM
Mycellius knew that his people weren't going to live forever, so he went to the realm of heaven and crafted a sub plane for them, and called it Halcyron, the eternal cavern. It was filled with everything a Myconid could want, amd more. And he knew it was going to be paradise for them.

Creation (Realm of the dead)

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-20, 04:58 AM
Technology: Mystism

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-20, 07:56 AM
Everness was pleased to have the homunculi at his side.
But he got bored.
So he decided to turn its attention to other regions of the world. He discovered a race living in underwater caverns deep in the great sea to the west, but he found them repulsive.
The hawks and the salamanders didn't peek his interest, for now anyway.
The minotaurs were almost the opposites of the gnomes, yet he liked them. The two people could forge a strong alliance if they set their differences aside.
The myconids were a fascinating race. Everness intended to have a talk with their god later.

Then the Keeper of Time saw the shadow folk, and he understood their affinity with the newly created Shadow Weave. This gave him an idea. He had been eager to experiment with the essence of Death for some time. Those creatures were perfect as guinea pigs for his experiment.

OOC: Religion - Corrupt shadow folk

Don the Bastard
2008-08-20, 08:57 AM
RollsEverness - Religion - Weakening? - Shadow Folk ({Willpower+Death-500}/2) [roll0]/2 Creation Strength Change.
Everness - Creation - Race - Reapers (Creation+1/2 Death) [roll1] Creation Strength.
Everness - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance+1/2 Death d10s) [roll2]
Magi - Religion - Bolstering - Arcane Hawks ({Willpower+1/2Magic-335}/2) [roll3]/2 change in creation strength
Magi - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) [roll4]
Mycellius - Creation - Abstract/Planar - Halcyron, the Eternal Cavern (1/2Creation+1/2Willpower+1/2Caves) [roll5]
Cthulu - Religion - Bolstering - Illithid ({Willpower+Madness-474}/2) change in creation strength[roll6]/2 change in Creation Strength
Cthulu - Creation - Location - Tunnels of Flesh (Creation) [roll7]
Cthulu - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) [roll8]
Kroloth - Creation - Location - City of Karos (Creation) [roll9]
Kroloth - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) [roll10]
Vaspor - Creation - Abstract/Planar - Shadow-weave (1/2creation+1/2willpower+1/2Shadow) [roll11]
Vaspor - Battle - Heal (Willpower+Resistance d10s) [roll12]
Asmodeus - Creation - Corruption - Hawks (Creation+Light) [roll13]

Everness creates many and powerful Reapers, their strength being in their diversity (Creation Strength 422), He then steals some of the power from the shadow folk, as Vaspor was distracted with his extraplanar activities, sewing the seeds of his religion in their midst (Shadow Folk lose 68 Creation Strength), After this he needs a rest, spending some time watching the comings and goings of his people (-100 resistance from actions +78 from healing = -22 overall)

Magi goes to the arcane hawks he had wrought, telling them of the ways of magic and spreading his good word (+59 creation strength) then rests (-50 from actions +36 from heal= -14 overall)

Mycellius ascends to the heavens, Don gives him a wave from above as he arrives, here he rends apart the earth and creates a cavernous afterlife for his creatures, the Myconids, which he names Halcyron, Don is impressed so with Mycellius' creation and skills that he creates a seperate plane for the Myconids afterlife, and it is truly a wonder to behold {if you're a fungus}(554 creation strength {new plane created due to high roll})

Cthulu schemes away deep under the sea, sacrificing Illithids and other unfortunate creaures as well, this seems to please the Illithid clergy greatly, and a new caste system arises amongst them, a Theocracy (+206 creation strength). He creates a lair for the new found clergy to reside in, insanely twisted tunnels with fleshy walls, though they unfortunately dont make the best fortifications(158 Creation Strength), Cthulu spends a few moments of madness devising new and different uses for his creations, healing a little in the process (-100 resistance from actions +41 from heal = -59 overall)

Kroloth rends the stone and earth apart with his mighty arms, to make a home for his Minotaurs, a grand city of stone (270 Creation strength {not bad from 4d100}) he then rests in the caverns with his creations (I screwed up your heal roll, so lets just call it full! You'd have been close anyway).

Vaspor layers a shadowy weave of magic over the existing magic weave, creating a new magical energy for his weavers to tap into, (creation strength 374) taking a few moments to feel the new energy flow through his, he is pleased (I screwed up your heal roll, so lets just call it full! You'd have been close anyway).

Asmodeus twists a few of the hawks to his "wisdom", bending them into a new race (391-300/2 = 45% change {Maybe enough for a phoenix})

Don the Bastard
2008-08-20, 09:30 AM
Racial Technologies (Creation Strengths 1st 2 digits in d10s + gods domain in 10d10s {if closely related} or 5d10's {if related})

Timeforged - Agriculture [roll0] {Tablets will come into play further down the timeline}
Myconids - Mysticism [roll1]
Minotaurs - Agriculture [roll2] {bonus due to creation of a fertile land for them to use}
Shadow Folk - None.
Silver Hawks - None.
Illithids - Mining [roll3] {bonus due to cave structure creation}
Elves - None.
Salamanders - Mining [roll5]

Anyone who got a none can research 2 techs this turn, as I did not explicitly say that it only took 10 years to develop fully, my apologies to you all. Also I had a question about what they are for, they are kind of like racial XP, once the total hits a certain level you will get a boon (extra domain, stat boost or something like that), I'm creating a tech table with level up points now and should get it up soon in the Status thread, they also can act as boosts during wars, as trade goods between races, give their gods boosts to certain creation rolls etc.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-20, 09:34 AM
Editted: they research that last turn.

Don again contacts you all In ten years I will come for your representatives, ensure they are prepared for the forum

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-20, 09:36 AM
Magi looks as the two great races start to study the path of mystism even more. Magi looked at how poor the other races would be comparitively. Magi saw the shadow weave and he was curious. "Creator of the shadow weave show yourself to me"

Magi healed himself.

Awesome Hawks combie with Elves: Mysticism
Combat: Heal

Ipphli
2008-08-20, 09:51 AM
Kroloth

Unable to locate the myconids god at the time, Kroloth returns to his people. They have begun living in his city and farming the surrounding valley. To his surprise, some of the minotaurs have learned to manage herds of animals to make supplying meat easier.

Kroloth goes to the highest mountain in the land and sits down. The other races are growing powerful. While none are as physically strong as his minotaurs, except for perhaps the myconids or salamanders, he still worries. What can he do to give his people the edge they need to not only survive, but flourish? And then he has it.

Kroloth goes to the far north of the minotaurs island. There, he finds the wooly, cattle-like creatures called auroths. Kroloth takes some of them and blesses them with great strength and endurance, as well as being larger in size. These great beasts would serve his people well in the future. After taking his new creations to a valley near Karos, Kroloth sends a dream to his high chieftain, explaining the great auroths are to be beasts of burden, rather than food.

All of that accomplished, Kroloth goes back to the highest peak and sits down to rest from his latest exertion.

OOC
Creation: Greater auroths (esp using Str domain to make them better)
Technology: Animal Husbandry

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-20, 09:54 AM
Magi

Magi teaches his elves how to look after the animals. He also tell them how to use magic and knowledge, in order to better their animal husbandry. Magi still wants to see the creator of the shadow weave.

Elves; Animal husbandry

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-20, 10:19 AM
Everness thought that the death worship of some of the shadow folk was good.

The Keeper was intrigued by the new creation of Mycellius. A whole plane? All to himself? That seemed like a lot of fun, so Everness decided to try something too. He made a sub-realm out of the Weave, a place neither good nor evil. He called his domain "The Rivers of Time".

The plane is characterized by a large river flowing through a seemingly infinite valley of dust. Looking at the surface of the water was like looking simultaneously into the past, the present and the future. Strange objects of alien technology could be fished out of the river. While ruins are common both on land and underwater, some structures of various architectural designs still stand.

Tired from all his work, he rested.

OOC:
Creation - Home Plane (if possible, I would like this plane to be connected to both Hell and Heaven, seeing as I'm a neutral god of death).
Technology - The Wheel
Battle - Heal

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-20, 11:13 AM
As Mycellius left his new afterlife, he waved to Don and returned to the material plane. He returned to the First Priest in the upper underdark. To his suprise, a few young myconids were also there, apprentice clerics to the older High Priest. He told him that in 10 years he will be needed and then left.

He decided to create another way of worship, a way to revere the fungal aspect of him. He saw that some of the Myconids were resting in one of the lesser grove, yet to be populated. He came to them and taught them how to use the power of the fungus, to use the fungal spores they produce and to spread them with their mind. And thus he created Fungal Druids, protectors of the upper underdark and self-exiled heroes.

He then saw that some of the fungi in the groves naturally gained intelligence, and acted as wild herbivores, moving from cavern to cavern eating moss and lichen. He decided to leave them be for a time. Instead he rested.

Creation: Druids (Not Mysticism, the creation of a new class)

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-20, 12:57 PM
After having spent a good 5 years sleeping, Everness decided to travel to the valley of the minotaurs to the west. He observed the bull men for a time before noticing a presence on the highest peak. He climbed to meet this enigmatic figure.

"Hello there. Am I interrupting something? Oh, where are my manners...let me introduce myself. I am The Everness. My friends simply call me Everness. Or they would...if I had any. You can call me anything you wish. And who are you?"

((OOC: Everness is in the form of an old man, like I described in another post.))

Ipphli
2008-08-20, 01:16 PM
Kroloth looks down at the small old man. He appears as a snow-white minotaur, half again as large as the biggest of them. He looks at the man appraisingly before responding. "Greetings. I am called Kroloth, the god of these lands and its people. And no, you are not interrupting, Everness. And where might you be from?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-20, 01:33 PM
"Pleased to meet you, Rolkoth...hmm...Kroloth, sorry. I am bad with names."

The Everness then pointed to the northeast.

"I come from an island at least as big as this one. It is relatively far from here. The Timeforged dwell there; they are my people. They may be small compared to the minotaurs, but they make up for it with their brilliant mind. I think that the two races could even become allies one day."

The Keeper of Time paused and looked at the horizon while enjoying the mountain breeze.

"So, how do you have fun around here? You are, like, a god of Strength? I suppose you like to watch your minotaurs compete one against another?"

Ipphli
2008-08-20, 02:03 PM
Kroloth racks his brain for a moment before realizing who the man was talking about. "You are the god of those little beings that are part metal then? They do appear small and fragile. But you say they are brilliant? What could they offer my minotaurs? And yes, competition is the key to their civilization. How can one improve oneself without competition, without a challenge?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-20, 02:24 PM
Asmodeus

With these new creations, these new hawks, Asmodeus was pleased. They shone with the odd light of the sun, and their feathers shone like spun gold, burning with the fiery light of the sun and his home. He named them Phoenixes. He was pleased with these new creations, and he brought them to his home, and taught them the ways of the Salamanders, and bid them to teach the Salamanders their wisdom in turn.

With the metals unearthed by the mines, Asmodeus sought to teach his Salamanders, and the Phoenixes, the art of forging. He told them how to use their fiery illumination and the pureness of heat to melt the metal they harvested, and pour it into molded shapes, like weapons and armor.

((OOC: Creation: Forging))

Ganurath
2008-08-20, 06:05 PM
Vaspor tired of letting all actions be layed bare. With outstretched limbs, Vaspor reached through the shadow weave into the minds of the Shadow Folk, seeking out a paragon among them, an exemplar... A leader. Nasooth was found, a young female of the reptilian fey that created Vaspor's golem form. She had lead her village from the shadows, behind the puppet leader that was her husband. Through her leadership, she had guided the village toward an expansionist mindset of "being everywhere light is not," guiding them toward her- no, Vaspor's long term goal of the Shadow Folk taking to the seas. She would be his legate to the council.

In the meantime, he had work to do. Vaspor wasn't the only god with machinations, and thus made preperations in the shadow weave.

OOC: Fishing Tech toward Sailing, Nasooth as the council representative, Deception to hide Counterattack.

Fan
2008-08-20, 06:53 PM
With the new delopment of mysticism, Cthulhu notcied that his followers wished to communicate with the generations that will exist far beyond their death, so thus he taught them the names, the maddening vibrations they're names sent through some of the the beings drove some beyond the point of fanaticsim, and thus they were no longr "fit" for proper serivce, so he took them, and branded upon their flesh the marks of the exiled, and made a structure for them in the deepest part of the flesh tunnels, and made them into the Iullimanti, a eilte order of assassins, and slayers that were bred to kill. he then went to the most powerful of his Illithids in a nightmare, teeling him of the great astral caravan the he MUST get on, and of the being who he would meet when he got to his destination, the greatestm, and oldest being in creation, and that he must show him respect, or he would be put through tortures WORSE than anything creation had EVER known.
(twisting the exeptionly crazy Illithids, and Umber hulks, and making Psuedo natural Githraizai, you knowq the ones with CRAZY dex?)

Creation: makin the Psuedo natural githraizai (tats prettyy much what they're all gonna be.)
Relegion: Fanaticsim for the PSuedo natural Githraizai.
Combat: Heal
Technology: polythemis (yeah, I'm so getting psuedo natural elephants soon.)

Ipphli
2008-08-20, 07:59 PM
OOC: I can tell you guys never played Civ. You have to follow the tech tree to get to what you want. Mining leads to Bronze working. And alphabet requires several other techs first. Just follow the lines. And if a tech has two different arrows going to it that do not connect, then you just need one of them, not both. So either agriculture OR sailing to get pottery. Just a heads up to help you guys out.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-20, 09:44 PM
OOC: I will be limiting you to 5 major creation races and 5 major artefacts, you can create others but they will have no game effect, they will just be sunservient to the other races. (eg. not be able to go to war or contribute to tech rolls)

Also an alteration to a more fantasy friendly tech tree. (thanks to Ipphli for finding it, he gets an official Don the Illegitimate helpers hat)

The new tech tree
http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/files/1/2/8/2/6/8/tech_tree_original.jpg

You each start with exploration, ancient charms & crafting, + one of the religion entries (bottom left 5 techs), but these don't count towards your Racial Techs. And then add your researched techs.

Ipphli's new hat
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/funny-pictures-cat-hat-head.jpg
Cunning no?

Fan
2008-08-20, 11:30 PM
(okay so this changes ALOT.)
Cthulhu with this new SWARM iof knowldge decides to teach his peoples the ways of mind stapling, abnd uses this to further bolster his new creations.

Ganurath
2008-08-20, 11:35 PM
((Give me Seafaring for my free tech, and stay the course.))

Ipphli
2008-08-21, 06:04 AM
OOC: Gonna take orders from heaven as a religion. The rest stay the same

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-21, 06:49 AM
((OOC: What's Arete? (the one following Way of the Earthmother)
Anyway, I'll research Education this turn, instead of the Wheel.))

"Don't underestimate the Timeforged, my horned friend. They may not be as fragile as you think.

Their strength lies in their ability to think outside the box. I'm sure that their inventions could really facilitate your people's lives. Imagine if the two races worked together...we would have the muscles and the brains! Not that your minotaurs don't have brains.... Anyway, you know what I mean."

The old man scratched his head.

"You may be right about competition. My timeforged don't actually fight in a ring, but the inventors and scientists do compete for bragging rights. They are a proud people in their own way."

Don the Bastard
2008-08-21, 08:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-21, 08:54 AM
((OOC: Should have thought of Wikipedia. I feel stupid :smallbiggrin:. Thanks. So I'll take Way of the Earthmother as my religion tech.))

Don the Bastard
2008-08-21, 09:34 AM
Kroloth - Creation - Greater Auroths - Peripheral race.
Kroloth - Battle - Heal - [roll0]
Everness - Creation - River of Time - Abstract/Planar (1/2 creativity + 1/2 willpower + time d100s) [roll1]+[roll2]
Everness - Battle - Heal [roll3]
Mycellius - Creation - Druids - Abstract/Class (1/2 creativity + 1/2 willpower) [roll4]+[roll5]
Vaspor - Battle - Deception vs. Perception to hide counter attack plans (Deity Sneak Attack B!TCH) (Deception+1/2Trickery+1/100 Shadow Weave d100's) [roll6] vs. Mycellius [roll7] vs. Kroloth [roll8] vs. Asmodeus [roll9]+[roll10](1/2 light) vs. Everness [roll11] vs. Magi [roll12] (+1/2 magic & knowledge) vs. Cthulu [roll13].
Cthulu - Creation - Pseudonatural Gitzerai - (Creation+1/2 madness) [roll14]+[roll15]
Cthulu - Religion - Pseudonatural Githzerai - ({Willpower+1/2 madness - ^}/2) [roll16]+[roll17]
Cthulu - Battle - Heal [roll18]

Kroloth tames and strengthens the Auroths, to be a subservient race for the minotaurs. (healing not required as no resistance loss)

Everness reaches through the weave of magic and bends into it another system, for the governence of time, a river, Don sees this " Good idea Everness, I shall grant you a plane, and you can connect it to the hells and heavens, this plane shall be a new limbo for judgement, together we shall work out a judgement system" (549 creation strength) (heal 19 overall)

Mycellius teaches the ways of the lands and of fungus hearding to his chosen and they learn a new natural magic, taking power from the land, instead of the gods or the weave (Druids creation strength 363)

Vaspor has an ambush setup, but no-one knows where.

Cthulu creates the githzerai, his third children, and teaches them to worship him (Creation strength 293 initial, 370 after religion) (-48 resistance overall)

Don the Bastard
2008-08-21, 10:01 AM
Racial Techs -
Minotaurs - Animal Husbandry [roll0]
Elves & Arcane Hawks - Animal Husbandry [roll1] (added 1/2 of each, but will only let you get away with it because I gave you that false hope for a second, last time for an unrelated tech, also add the hawks to your status, they are wholely yours since Arcos left)
Timeforged - Education [roll2]
Salamanders & Phoenixes - Forging [roll3]
Shadow Folk - Seafaring [roll4]
Illithids & Umberhulks - Mind Stapling [roll5] (Prepare for the awesome)

Don the Bastard
2008-08-21, 10:04 AM
A golden chariot arrives at each of your home lands, it has no horses, nor drivers, and it takes away your chosen.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-21, 11:23 AM
Everness waved goodbye to the one named Augusto as he embarked in the chariot. He would miss the little guy. He had done a lot for the community. He even established the first academy.

The Keeper of Time watched his people for some time. Their minds were evolving fast. However, Everness found their religious practices a bit lacking. They had developed a cult, but it was still too disorganized to its taste. So he inspired them to build stone circles, barrows and other similar sacred sites to form ley lines.

Then Everness thought of the Shadow Weave and its connection to the shadow folk. He had his own plane now. Why couldn't the timeforged tap into the power of the magic-infused River of Time? After all, the gnomes' own experiments had given them a minor ability to manipulate time. He knew they would be able to handle it. He approached a few of them and taught them the secrets of chronomancy. Chronomancy is a powerful form of magic, but it is also very difficult to master.

OOC:
Battle - Heal
Religion - Ley lines/stone circles and other sacred sites
Creation - Chronomancers
Technology - Mysticism
Just tell me if chronomancy (by this I mean several time-related spells such as haste, slow and time stop, obviously, as well as some divination and eventually some very powerful rituals) is too powerful. However I don't intend the gnomes to master this art soon. I suppose we have to wait 'til we develop Divination in the Tech Tree before our people are good at it?

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-21, 01:22 PM
Racial Techs -
Minotaurs - Animal Husbandry [roll0]
Elves & Arcane Hawks - Animal Husbandry [roll1] (added 1/2 of each, but will only let you get away with it because I gave you that false hope for a second, last time for an unrelated tech, also add the hawks to your status, they are wholely yours since Arcos left)
Timeforged - Education [roll2]
Salamanders & Phoenixes - Forging [roll3]
Shadow Folk - Seafaring [roll4]
Illithids & Umberhulks - Mind Stapling [roll5] (Prepare for the awesome)

I thought I had two racial techs.

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-21, 01:42 PM
Mycellius makes sure the chief priest got on the chariot and watched as it departed. He then gave his druids a path to power, The Hidden Paths. He then decided to create a group of astral creatures to protect Halcyron. They were massive creatures made of fungi and moss, with many glowing spots around him. They were given powers of fungi and he called them Spore Titans.
Lastly, he decided to now stay in Halcyron to rule over it when the dead come, and so he sat down in the middle of Halcyron, on a throne he had made when he constructed Halcyron, and rested up.

Technology: Hidden Paths
Creation: Spore Titan
Heal

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-21, 01:57 PM
((OOC: Mike, I'm pretty sure you get Way of the Forest for free, no need to research it.))

Ipphli
2008-08-21, 09:38 PM
Kroloth overlooked the games held to find the strongest and wisest of his minotaurs. When the chariot arrived, the proud champion quickly got on. Kroloth watched him leave, then focused his attention back on his followers. He noticed they had learned to ride the auroths, making it easier for them to explore their land and herd their flocks.

But still something was missing. The minotaurs were large and powerful, but still a little slow. They would need someone that was quick and agile. Kroloth searched the island and saw the mountain cats living in the forests that covered a large part of the island. Kroloth took them and transformed them into lithe humanoids, roughly the size of an elf or human. He called them Mran and taught them of his ways, much as he did for the minotaurs. He then introduced the two races and told them of how each was the compliment of the other.

OOC:
Technology: Horseback Riding
Creation: Mran
Religion: Teach Mran

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-21, 09:58 PM
Asmodeus

Asmodeus was pleased with his followers. They had powerful weapons and were spreading across the continent. He decided to show them something new. They had already been touched by his will, his power, they were already what others might call "tainted" and this gave them some measure of power, but he felt they needed to get in touch with his domain, Hell, in a truer sense. And so he taught them how to contact the realm so much easier, and how to become almost a part of it, and how to draw power from it and those that lived there as well as from himself.

With this done he looked abroad. He saw a race of beings, they were large and strong, and they valued strength. He saw them and he was impressed. In the form of a large fiery Minotaur, he came among them. He told them the strength of flames and of his home, Hell. He told them of his might, and the might of those who followed him. Many did not join him, but others followed him. He took them and improved them and brought them back to his home in the far south, far far from their home.

((Technology: Infernal Pact))
((Creation: Corrupting the Minotaurs))

Fan
2008-08-21, 10:17 PM
Cthulhu, was pleased with his new crations, and decided to create for them a new pit to dwell in, adn thushe created the ever changing tunnels, tunnels that no SANE creature could ever navigate for they were ruled by the ways of chaos, and madness, and would provdie quarry for the assassins to practice on, incase any MORTALS wandered into his cave.

he then begins to rest alittle, to recover from all the actions of creation he had done, but not before teaching his children the knowldge of the ether (or as he cals it the far realm.)

(OOC)
Creation: The ever changing tunnels.
social: Heal
combat: heal
technology: Knowldge of the ether.

Ganurath
2008-08-21, 10:18 PM
Vaspor

Vaspor, having attended to contingencies for the moment, decided to take some time to gain strength, and observe the other gods. In this time, he gave guidance to Nasooth's husband, filling his mind with knowledge that would eventually weave through the populace, guiding their development. Then, Vaspor's focus turned to a new creation.

Vaspor had been pushing the Shadow Folk toward the seas, but they would need allies. So, Vaspor created an aquatic race, kin to cephalapods the way merfolk were kin to fish. Although they could go to the surface for short periods, they prefered the deeper, dark waters, as they too would have a bond to the Shadow Weave. Soon, the Nightmer were done.

That being done, Vaspor made an illusionary visage before Kroloth. "Bit of a thorn in the side, these corrupters, aren't they?"

OOC: Battle: Heal
Technology: Work along Astrology tree.
Creation: Nightmer

Ipphli
2008-08-21, 10:23 PM
So LA will have to beat my minotaur's creation str of 374 with 4d100, right? Is that how corruption works? creativity + 1/2 of domain used? Good luck :D
And as such, gonna wait and see if any actually get corrupted before responding

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-21, 10:25 PM
So LA will have to beat my minotaur's creation str of 374 with 4d100, right? Is that how corruption works? creativity + 1/2 of domain used? Good luck :D
And as such, gonna wait and see if any actually get corrupted before responding

Domain used would be fire right? So its 5d100

Ipphli
2008-08-21, 10:33 PM
You have a creativity of 2, and a fire of 4, so half of that is 2. Or is your status page wrong?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-21, 10:34 PM
Huh... I recall having a creativity of 3

Ipphli
2008-08-21, 10:38 PM
Well I was just going off what your status said. I'll let you and Don figure it out. Still not too terribly worried about corruption. It happens. I'll reply to you Ganurath if and when its confirmed. Anyways, I got to get to bed now.

Ganurath
2008-08-22, 01:27 AM
That's what it says on the tin, Creativity 2 and Fire 4. That's why the question Vaspor presented made Asmodeus sound like a nuisance in the attempt rather than a threat. I'm sure Kroloth could respond to Vaspor while observing Asmodeus' efforts.

Emperor Demonking
2008-08-22, 05:53 AM
Magi heals.

Racial technology: Mysticsm

Ipphli
2008-08-22, 06:00 AM
Kroloth bellows in rage when he realizes Asmodeous' attempt to steal some of his minotaurs. Just then, Vespar appears in front of him. He turns to it, still frowning. "The minotaurs are my people! He has no right. And who are you?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-22, 06:30 AM
(OOC: Ganurath, you are mistaken. The reapers where created before the Shadow Weave ever existed. They are not corrupted shadow folk. I didn't create a new race out of them, I simply spread my religion. So I imagine you can try to take back those shadow folk who turned away from you the same way, but I think they still live in your lands.))

Don the Bastard
2008-08-22, 09:14 AM
Quick post, don't have time for a full resolution today so you get an extra 24 hours for this turn.

Ganurath
2008-08-22, 10:36 AM
OOC: Noted and logged, Omnik.

IC:
Vaspor glanced at Asmodeus' machinations, and nodded in agreement. "I am another who has suffered a loss of following at the hands of a lesser deity. However, the one who victimized me is geographically close to your minotaurs, just as this Asmodeus is physically closest to my people. Your people are strong, Kroloth, and the gnomes with their Reapers have much in the ways of material wealth. Guide your people toward war, and I shall make sure that 'Lord' Asmodeus never interferes with your people again."

Ipphli
2008-08-22, 06:44 PM
Kroloth frowns and shakes his head. "War? And how would my minotaurs get there? Do you want them to swim the whole way? And besides, the gnomes may have much to offer besides material goods. They are highly intelligent. Who knows what they may invent if left to their own? But this Asmodeous...Him I would consider acting against.
And I am surprised to hear Everness acted against anyone. He seems too...absent-minded to try and manipulate others. Although I suppose that could be an act." He looks sideways at Vaspor. "After all, it is hard to know who to trust at the moment, with everything and everyone being such new experiences. Wouldn't you say...?"

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-22, 08:34 PM
Mycellius looked upon the realm of the Myconids and decided to give them a strong ally, but who would be such a creature. He looked upon the other lands of the world, and saw a race of mighty bull-men. He would ally with them, yes. So he crafted a creature that was like a fungal bird, with membranes for wings and bright bioluminescents spattered across. He called it the dusk shiner, as it glowed brightly in the darkness. He gave it the message and sent it to the god of the Minotaur down upon earth, where all other gods were. As it descended to earth, many spores were spread about, making many shiner eggs and causing a large population of shiners to come about.

Creation: Dusk Shiner
Misc. Action: Send messenger to Kroloth.

Ipphli
2008-08-22, 09:07 PM
Kroloth turns away from Vaspor to watch the approach of the dusk shiner. He listens to its message. At the end, he nods. "Tell your master he may call on me at his convenience. Everyone else seems to."

Ganurath
2008-08-22, 10:16 PM
Vaspor nodded in agreement. "Oh, definitely. For example, I should never be trusted. I don't even trust myself. However, I only might act against someone. Asmodeus already has acted against you."

Ipphli
2008-08-22, 11:02 PM
Kroloth nods. "This is true. But if you want me to even consider helping you at all, you will have to tell me your name."

Ganurath
2008-08-22, 11:13 PM
The illusion of Vaspor began to fade, but not before Kroloth's curiousity was satisfied. "Vaspor, the echo in the shadows..."

Ipphli
2008-08-22, 11:15 PM
Kroloth watches the figure disappear, his face blank. After it fully disappears he frowns. "Well that's one of the others. Several more to go..." He turns and watches over his people, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-23, 04:27 AM
Asmodeus

By now Asmodeus was already long gone. He had taken what Minotaurs would come with him. He forced noone to do as he wished, he had no need to, and with this he could easily justify his actions to the other gods if need be.

When he returned to his volcanic home with the minotaurs that followed him, he noticed other gods had made realms off of his own, Hell. He found these realms and called to the gods who had created them.

[OOC: social, contacting the gods who made realms off of Hell]

Ipphli
2008-08-23, 09:12 AM
Troubled by recent events, Kroloth decides to go and continue his talk with the Everness. Travelling to him (cause not clear where he's at atm), Kroloth nods in greeting. "Hello Everness. Your people do seem industrious, if nothing else. Although I hear you have a another people as well, the Reapers?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-23, 09:58 AM
"Oh, greetings, great god of the minotaurs! What a pleasure to have you here. I see you have heard of the Reapers. They're not as numerous as the timeforged, but they are quite resourceful. They're also great housekeepers! However most of them also have a pretty drab personnality. Maybe I put a little too much Death in them, and not enough Fun.

Anyway...what do you think of all this, Kroloth? I mean this world, the way it's evolving."

Ipphli
2008-08-23, 10:49 AM
Kroloth shakes his head. "Already another of us has tried to lure some of my minotaurs away from me. And another came to me and said you did the same, that you stole the Reapers from him."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-23, 11:04 AM
Everness frowned.

"Someone told you that? I'm afraid this someone is mistaken. The Reapers are entirely mine. I do remember approaching another race...I think they call themselves shadow men or twilight folk..."

The Keeper scratched his head.

"But I didn't steal any. I think I would remember if I did. I only helped them. They were already a people of the night, you see. It seemed only fitting that I teach them death worship. And they were weak, not like your minotaurs. We two are friends, Kroloth. I wouldn't act against you.

I'm not really a scheming type of god. At all."

Ipphli
2008-08-23, 11:32 AM
Kroloth nods. "I know you haven't acted against me. I wasn't saying you did. I know who did it. The god of those salamanders to the west. And the god of those 'night folk' is the one who told me. Regardless of what happened or how, he's not very happy with you. Not at all. His name is Vaspor, and I suggest you avoid him for the time being."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-23, 11:42 AM
"Vaspor you say? Hmm...okay, I'll try not to anger him. Not that I fear him. He can always try something. I'll be waiting for him."

There was a spark of malice in Everness' eyes. But it disappeared immediately. The old man was jolly again.

"Say, old friend, are you thirsty? Because I am. Hey, why don't you come with me to my domain to have a drink? The Rivers of Time...maybe you heard about it."

Ipphli
2008-08-23, 11:52 AM
Kroloth looks at Everness appraisingly for a moment before shaking his head. "No, I'm afraid I have been busy lately and so haven't heard of it. A River of Time you say? I will be happy to visit your new realm. Where is it?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-23, 12:45 PM
Everness showed Kroloth the way to the higher plane. It was a dark and bleak place. The air was filled with dust and smoke. The only creatures living in the desolate plane were reapers.

The Keeper of Time walked along the bank of the river.

"This is where all mortals are judged according to the Overgod's will. Good souls travel upstream, to the Eternal Waterfalls. The souls of the cruel and the greedy follow the river downstream to the Pools of Damnation. The portals leading to Heaven and Hell are found at those two places. And there is my home."

Everness pointed toward a slightly leaning tower located on the only visible island.

"Do you have a plane of your own, Kroloth?"

Ipphli
2008-08-23, 12:52 PM
Kroloth looks around curiously. At the question he frowns and shakes his head. "No, not yet. I've not had the time. Although perhaps I should. My followers will need a place to go after death. I'm sure Heaven is fine, but I doubt it will be to my creatures' liking. Perhaps after we are done here I will go and do that. Thank you for showing me your home Everness. I will return the favor when I am done."

OOC: Just a quick question for Don: What powers do all the gods have? I just wanted to be clear what all we can and cannot do. Like teleportation, 'knowing' what all is going on in our realm/the world, etc.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-23, 07:53 PM
Everness smiled at Kroloth.

"You should definitely create one for yourself. I will be happy to visit you. In the meantime, follow me inside."

The old man pushed the metal doors open with ease. Inside the Leaning Tower was a museum dedicated to the history of the newborn world. Several reapers walked around the two gods. The Keeper's divine symbol, a pocket watch, was carved in the walls. Obviously, no mortal knew exactly what it represented. But the gnomes had seen it on the Tablets of Technology and subsequently adopted the symbol in their religion.

Everness lead Kroloth to his private chambers, at the top of the structure. He invited him to sit in a iron seat and offered him a cup.

"This is called tea. It is a herbal mixture much appreciated by my people."

Ipphli
2008-08-23, 09:25 PM
Kroloth takes a seat carefully. He take the proffered cup and takes the smallest of sips. He looks at the drink and shrugs. Kroloth leans forward in his chair slightly, looking straight at Everness. "I thank you for showing such trust in me Everness. Recent events have shown that not all our brethern can be trusted. Vaspor even told me not to trust him, that he didn't even trust himself! So why you would trust me, I do not know."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-23, 10:30 PM
Everness smiled. Watching an imposing minotaur trying to fit in his seat and drink tea from a procelain cup was quite amusing. But he didn't mean disrespect.

"Oh, I know that some gods are bad news. But I don't think we need to be too alarmed. I don't think we are meant to kill each other. But why do I trust you in particular?"

The Keeper shrugged.

"I'm not sure. Maybe I don't. Maybe I only needed someone to talk to. Things can get pretty boring in this almost infinite plane!"

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-23, 11:39 PM
Mycellius looked upon the conversation in the time-god's hold. He had gotten the message from the minotaur's god, and was troubled at the fact that many gods were taking up his time. But that could wait. Now the first of the Myconids were coming to his domain, up the river of time. Though they were good and powerful creatures, they had shord life spans, and died at early ages. The first of the myconids to arrive were in awe of the paradise awaiting for them. It was a massive forested paradise, with no sun but light from the massive bioluminescent fungi hanging from the cealing. There was a large waterfall in the north, that lead to a winding river that lead to the south, which flowed through a small tunnel out of the cavern into a massive lake below, in another cavern. The plane itself was the size of a small world, as was the subplane below it: The Lake of twilight. At the center of the Eternal Cavern there was a peak that rose above the forests and ended in a throne, Mycellius' throne. The Myconids loved the Eternal Cavern, where they had no need to absorb nutrients, no need to rest, no need for any care in the world. The fungal titans were working perfectly, keeping dark creatures out of the caverns and allowing the Myconids in. And so content with the state of affairs at Halcyron, Mycellius went to the Time-God and Minotaur God, At the tower in the time plane, and knocked on the door. "I wish to speak to the both of you, mighty brothers" he said "I wish to make a proposition". His voice boomed across the plane.
Other: Travel to Everness' plane and tried to communicate with him and Korloth.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-24, 07:35 AM
((Wait, haven't you created something already this turn? I don't think we are in a new turn, since Don hasn't posted yet.))

Everness went to the nearest window and leaned to catch a glimpse of the visitor.

"Hello god of fungi! Am I happy to see you!
We will hear your proposal. Come, the doors are unlocked. Come inside and share a cup of tea with two of the most powerful beings in existence."

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-24, 08:57 AM
OOC: I'll edit that out.

Mycellius entered the massive tower. Inside, the gods were sitting down, drinking the "Tea" that the Time God described. He greeted the two gods and sat down, and took up a cup in his hand and sipped it. It was good, a little hot, but sweet. He cleared his throat and began to speak. "We are all sons of Don the Illegitamate, all coming from his form" he said "So I have a proposition: To make an alliance of sorts". "My people are mining the upper underdark for precious metals, some are nice and heave, while others are light and strong, but all can be used to make weapons and armor." Unfortunately, My people aren't fighters, they are clerics and Druids". So maybe the Myconids could trade with your Timeforged, to make armor and weapons."Then you could trade the weapons and armor made from the timeforged to the mighty Minotaurs, who would be even stronger with the weapons that are forged from my metals" He said, then cleared his throat to say more "Also, our peoples could ally as we do, protecting each other in their times of need, which would solidify my proposed alliance." Now what's your say?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-24, 09:12 AM
"This is a fantastic idea, o Fungal One. As different as they are, I'm sure our people could greatly benefit from such an alliance. The timeforged will be happy to share their knowledge and their inventions with the minotaurs and the myconids. What do you think of that, my horned friend?"

Don the Bastard
2008-08-24, 09:29 AM
Everness - Creation - Abstract/Class - Chronomancers (It's only as powerful as the roll) wp+time [roll0]
Everness - Religion - Place of Worship - Ley lines/Stone Circles and other sacred sites 1/2 wp+ 1/2 cr[roll1] (just being lazy)
Everness - Battle - Heal [roll2]
Mycellius - Creation - Spore Titan or Dusk Shiner? cr+1/2fungus [roll3]
Mycellius - Battle - Heal [roll4]
Kroloth - Creation - Mran [roll5]
Kroloth - Religion - Mran [roll6]
Kroloth - Battle - Heal [roll7]
Asmodeus - Creation - Corrupting the Minotaurs [roll8]
Cthulu - Creation - Abstract/Planar - The Ever Changing Tunnels 1/2wp+1/2cr+1/2mad [roll9]
Cthulu - Battle - Heal [roll10]
Vaspor - Creation - Nightmare cr+1/2shadow [roll11]
Vaspor - Battle - Heal [roll12]
Magi - Battle - Heal (You've still got an extra research, tell me what you wan't, your religion was a freebee, this one will count towards "experience") [roll13]

RE: God powers, knowing what is going on when someone is trying to hide it is Deception vs. Perception test, powers should be suitable to your domains, eg. Asmodeus manipulate fire and light, Mycellius tunneling, Cthulu creating insane visions etc.

Sorry for laziness above, am wicked tired and I think you are getting what the equations are.

Everness - Creates Chronomancers (577 cr str), ley lines (314 cr str) & heals (-42 overall)

Mycellius - Creates something (301 cr str), and heals (+18 overall)

Kroloth - Creates the Mran (242 cr str) and then weakens them with religion (230 cr str after religion), then heals (-27 overall).

Asmodeus - Bolsters the minotaurs resolve with a botched religion roll (479 cr str after religion)

Cthulu - creates a planar sub realm, the ever changing tunnels (cr str 320) and heals (+19 overall)

Vaspor - Heals (+38 overall)

Magi - Heals (+21 overall)

OOC: FF fanboy & Ganaruath, I like the new avatars

Don the Bastard
2008-08-24, 09:48 AM
Technologies (then you can "level up" your gods {those with enough})
Time-forged - Mysticism [roll0]
Myconids - Hidden Paths [roll1]
Minotaurs - Horseback Riding [roll2]
Salamanders & Pheonixes - Infernal Pact [roll3]
Illithids & Umberhulks - Knowledge of the ether [roll4]
Shadow Folk - Sailing [roll5]

@Emperor Demonking - You have completed Mysticism, and so you get another tech reseach this turn so, PICK 3 TECHNOLOGIES FOR YOUR CREATURES.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-24, 09:53 AM
Don addresses CthuluAlthough at times I do not fully comprehend your motives, or fully condone your actions I cannot deny that you are leading your people with wisdom as they are growing powerful as a people, I therefore grant you some extra powers gain an additional domain at level 1.

Don addresses you all The forum is progressing nicely, and your chosen are doing well

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-24, 02:39 PM
Everness thought a while about the proposed alliance. The timeforged would obviously have to learn how to build ships before any trade could take place. This could wait, however, since the gnomes were busy improving their skils in metallurgy.

Then, Everness got bored again. He saw that the timeforged and the reapers were long-lived. However, he knew that in a few centuries, they would die from old age anyhow. The power to rejuvenate their cells had its limits. What the world needed was a species that lived long enough to witness the birth and fall of civilizations. They would be the collective memory of the mortal races.

The Keeper left his tower to travel to the material plane. There he carved massive creatures of rock from the mountainside. He called them Monoliths and made them sentient. Those golems are immune to the effects of time. They do not understand what death is, even if they know of it. Their existence is regulated by cycles. They remain asleep for decades. However, there are always some monoliths active at any given time. They are repositories of knowledge, but strangely, they keep to themselves and are not really talkative. Most mortals are not even aware that they exist anyway. When they see a number of monoliths erected in a field, they assume they are just inanimate statues, the legacy of a long-lost people (they look like the Easter Island statues when resting).

Pleased, Everness returned to the meeting.

((OOC: Creation- Monoliths
Religion-Heal
Battle- Heal
Technology- Bronze working
Social- Negotiating an alliance with Kroloth and Mycellius))

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-24, 04:14 PM
OOC: Fungal Titans were made 2 rounds ago, and when you said we had an extra round, I made dusk shiners. Also I'll post my IC when i get home, i don't have much time right now.

Ipphli
2008-08-24, 04:35 PM
Kroloth frowns as the Mran seem to prefer to stay to themselves, rather than strongly interact with the minotaurs. In fact, they had discovered the ocean and how to obtain food from the creatures living there. But he would have to do something about their isolationism. And so he appeared to them as a 'perfect' speciman of a male Mran. He encouraged them to interact with the minotaur and follow Kroloth's edicts, for it would bring them happiness.

Thinking more on what Everness had said, Kroloth decided to create his own plane, connected to Heaven. There his people would come after death to live their dies in happiness: hunting, resting, and especially competing against each other. In the center of the plane would be his own fortress, with a gladitoral arena build next to it.

This done, Kroloth returns to the meeting. He ponders Mycellius' proposl. After a moment he nods. "An alliance could prove useful. These arms and armor you speak of could help both my people greatly. And in return my people will help yours as they can. Once they learn to travel the oceans in order to reach each other, anyways." He smiles at the both of them.

OOC:
Creation: Esgard
Religion: Boost Mran

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-24, 04:43 PM
(OOC: Don, the "corrupted" minotaurs, are they at all different from normal minotaurs or do they just follow me now?)

Ipphli
2008-08-24, 04:44 PM
(OOC: You didn't corrupt any. Thus the botched religion roll)

Fan
2008-08-24, 04:52 PM
(I'm glad you like my new avvy Don, yours seem distnctivly super mario based, but there very nice.)

Cthulhu is insanly over joy'd at the new infulx of power he recieved. (so wait do I get another domain point, or do I get another domain, at the total of my lowest one?)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-24, 04:55 PM
Asmodeus

Asmodeus was pleased with his creations. While he had not been able to alter the Minotaurs, he would try again when he was more powerful. For now they proved able servants and powerful allies. His people knew the craft of the forge, and their fires soon made weapons and armors of different kinds. As his peoples spread across the islands their might created strong settlements. He taught them how to teach one another the skills they would need, and he instilled them with the will to create a formalized written language, to correlate with the tongues they spoke, including the language of the Demons, Helltongue.

When he finished he saw Kroloths new creations. They were isolationists, separated from the Minotaurs. He chose a new guise, and hid his presence as best he could. He went among some of the Mran secretly, and sought to recruit them. He told them of the power of light, and of the realm below: Hell. He told them of the might of the creatures who lived there and the knowledge they held, and told them they too could have this knowledge. He went secretly, in the form of serpents and of fire, and of a great orator. He did his best to hide his actions from Kroloth. He knew the god was angered by his earlier machinations, and he had no wish to get in a fight if he did not have too.

(Technology: Education
Creation: Corrupting some Mran)

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-24, 08:04 PM
Mycellius returned to Halcyron, confident in the meeting. He was intrigued by this "Sea Travel" That the other two gods thought about, but he decided that route wasn't for the Myconids. Instead, they would build tunnels connecting the two. But before they could create that, they would need better weapons. So he gave one of the worker myconids a stoke of genius. The myconid took some copper ore, and some tin ore, and melted them together with a blast bug, a native inhabitant of the tunnels. He then took some tongs use for picking bug berries to take the melted heap and cooled it, then he banged it into shape with a hammer. When it cooled, he heated it again, just a little more, and began to shape it with the hammer into a pick, like the one he often used. He stuck a sturdy shaft into a slot he melted into it with his acid spores and brought it with him to mine with the others. They were amazed at how much better he did then them. They wanted more, and he taught them. And so mycellius taught his people Bronzeworking.

Technology: Bronzeworking

Don the Bastard
2008-08-24, 08:57 PM
@Asmodeus - Your attempt to corrupt the minotaurs was botched, and their resolve was increased (my logic behind this is: whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger)

@Mike - I just didn't have time to finish that round that day so I gave you an extra 24 hours (48 as it turned out, but I did learn some valuable things over the weekend)

@FF fanboy - you will recieve one extra domain with one point in it, so you could take Flesh 1 or Psionics 1 or Oddly Colored Fruit 1.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-24, 09:00 PM
Go for Oddly Colored Fruit 1!

Fan
2008-08-24, 09:04 PM
(Oddly colored fruit FTW! No not really.) Okay, then. Cthulhu feeling the large influx of power enter him from the over deity knopwn only as "Don the illegitamate", decided he should gift himself with the power of the mind. (psionics), but he overdid it alittle being crazy, and some of his psionics leaked out into his followers the psuedo natural Illithids. (this should make them stronger. Willpower+psionics+Chaos, I believe would be the imbuing of mental power by accident. :p) but not all of them approved of the easy study of the mind, and instead pleaded to their god offering him sacrifices of blood, and flesh to gift them with new power. So Cthulhu gave them the knowdlge of necromancy a foul art of darkness. (it works considering that most necromacners are crazy to some degree.)

Don the Bastard
2008-08-25, 09:02 AM
Everness - Creation - Monoliths [roll0]
Everness - Religion - Heal [roll1]
Kroloth - Creation - Esgard [roll3] (1/2 each of WP, CR, BT, Str & Hon)
Kroloth - Religion - Mran [roll4] (WP + 1/2 Hon)
Kroloth - Battle - Heal [roll5]
Asmodeus - Creation - Corrupting Mran (You know you can weaken them with Religion too) [roll6]
Mycellius - Creation - Dusk Shiner (Put them in this round since you didn't have a creation action) [roll7]
Cthulu - Powerup - Domain: Psionics 1!
Cthulu - Creation - Abstract/Class Necromancer (1/2cr + 1/2wp) [roll8]
Cthulu - Religion - Boost Illithids with Psionics (wp + 1/2 psi +1/2ch) [roll9]

Abstract opposed roll Asmodeus vs. Kroloth to determine who gets to act on Mran first (deific intiative) A[roll10] vs. K[roll11]

Everness - Monoliths (Cr Str 436), Heal (+182 overall)
Kroloth - Creation Esgard (Cr Str 594), Bolster Mran (283 new Cr Str), Heal (-42 overall)
Asmodeus - Corrupting Mran (Cr Str 347)
Mycellius - Creation Dusk Shiners (Cr Str 625)
Cthulu - Creation Necromancy (Cr Str 153), Boost Illithids - Botch {only just} (Cr Str 462)

Don the Bastard
2008-08-25, 09:24 AM
Technologies:
Reapers + Timforged - Bronze Working [roll0]
Myconids + Spore Titans - Bronze Working [roll1]
Minotaurs + Mran - None
Illithids + Umber Hulks - Necromancy {ignore the above creation roll} [roll2]
Salamanders + Pheonixes - Education [roll3]
Elves + Arcane Hawks - None

Big Text!

Reminder - Update your status, I will not add extra racial dice onto this unless you put them in your staus thread.

Also - Can you all put in the bottom of your posts a summary of what you are doing, so I don't have to dig through them to find action (looking at you McCthulu) and tag creation actions with either planar, class, creature or corrupt and religion actions with bolster or corrupt.

To Omnik I say win, most organised status and most clear actions, I will find him a hat...

Don the Bastard
2008-08-25, 09:35 AM
Loving these triple posts!

Don stepped through the gates of the Astral and walked the Heavens to Halycron to speak with the Godling Mycellius You treat your people as you would your children, nurturing them, protecting them and teaching them, they have grown strong under your rule, and for this I gift you a little more power, may it guide the Myconids to greatness. (gain 1 level 1 domain)

Leaving Halycron, Don traverses the heavens to Esgard, to see the Great White Minotaur, Kroloth, This place is a fine shining example of all that is good and honourable in your people, and what they deserve in death, I shall grant you a seperate plane, so that you might rule over it undisturbed and as you deem fit

Don visits each of you in your thoughts Your chosen have done well, they are indeed strong and wise as I had wanted, they have been trained and told of their tasks and I have gifted each with immortality and divine wisdom, they shall live in a marble keep in the river of time, and they shall be the judges of the faithful, determining the fates of all in the afterlife, this is my decree

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-25, 09:38 AM
The timeforged studied the Tablets of Technology extensively during this period. In order to facilitate the communication of information relating to the sacred tablets, they developped the first alphabet.

Meanwhile, Everness was preoccupied by the corruption of the minotaurs and the hawks. He knew that gods like Vaspor were not to be trusted. So he approached the reapers to strengthen their faith. With that done, he looked back at the gnomes. Soon, he realized, they would have the means to create even better alloys than bronze. To help them acheive their goals, the Keeper created a complex he called the Creation Forges at the base of an extinct volcano.

Not too inspired.
Creation- Location: Creation Forges
Religion- Bolster Reapers
Battle- Heal
Tech- Writing

Yay, I'll have a hat too!

Also, you make Everness happy. He'll be able to visit his old buddy Augusto the gnome anytime, since he'll be staying in the River of Time for all eternity.

Ipphli
2008-08-25, 05:32 PM
Kroloth bows low at the respect payed him by Don. "Thank you Father. I will not let you down." After Don leaves, Kroloth goes to check on his people. The Mran have opened up and begun to interact with the minotaurs. They have also learned how to fish, and taught this to the minotaurs as well.

Pleased his people have discovered the sea, Kroloth returns his attention to his new home. It would need guardians, someone to keep an eye on it when he was elsewhere. And so Kroloth took some of the astral material and shaped it into several humanoid shapes in shining armor. Lacking distinct features, he blessed them to appear as a perfect speciman of whatever race they were sent to lead to Esgard. Powerful and honorable warriors, these new Kirkus would make excellent followers.

Creation: Kirkus
Tech: Fishing
Religion: N/A

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-25, 07:25 PM
Mycellius felt the power bestowed by Don flow through him, empowering him. He felt that the domains he chose were superb, but now he needed to encompass the wilds themselves, to become a nature god, with caves and Fungi as his speciality. He had created Dusk Shiners before, but now he gave them a gift, the gift of free thought and sentience. But he took it a step further, making them look like Fey, but in a fungal twist. He liked them, and decided that was enough for the time being. He sat on his fungal throne and rested, while his Myconids began to construct artificial tunnels, then creating groves with the spores of the fungi, creating the best groves that nature couldn't. Mycellius was pleased.

Transformation: Dusk Shiners
New Domain: Nature
Rest

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-25, 07:45 PM
((OOC: I'm a tad confused, have I managed to corrupt the Mran?))

Ipphli
2008-08-25, 09:19 PM
((OOC: I don't think so. You rolled less than their creation Str.))

Don the Bastard
2008-08-25, 09:26 PM
@AsmodeusNo you didn't, your corruption roll was less than their current strength, and so they were actually bolstered, I would suggest you try and weaken them with religion first, exposing them to the awsome power of hell (would be like a WP & Hell domain roll)

Fan
2008-08-25, 09:51 PM
Cthulhu was pleased with this new development of necromancy, and the creations it brought about, "waste not want not." he thought, and then set about teaching them the knowldge of the arcane, a dark, and twisted study filled with madness, and chaos (wild magey type stuff.). then he devoted the rest of his time to resting for the day.

((OOC))
tech: knowldge of the arcane
creation: The necronomicon(his book of awesome, was made to help them learn the arcane.))
social: Heal
combat: Heal

Ipphli
2008-08-26, 06:09 PM
Kroloth travels to the River of Time and goes to Everness' tower; it was time to fulfill his promise. He knocks on the tower's door and waits for Everness to respond.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-26, 06:25 PM
Everness, who had just came back from the Creation Forges he made for the gnomes, saw Kroloth and greeted him.

"Don't stay there, Kroloth. You're a god, after all! You don't get to wait at my doorstep like everybody else. You're always welcome inside, you know."

Ipphli
2008-08-26, 06:38 PM
Kroloth bows his head and walks inside and upstairs. "Thank you Everness. But I don't plan to stay long. Father has granted me a plane of my own, and so here I am to fulfill my promise. Would you like to see it?"

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-26, 06:43 PM
Everness frowned.

"A promise? You promised me something? Oh! Now I remember. Well, show me the way."

Ipphli
2008-08-26, 06:58 PM
Kroloth nods and leaves, making sure Everness follows. They appear on a large, flat plain where numerous minotaur and mran compete in varying contests or battles. In the distance, one can see mountains, forests, and even a small sea. In the middle, equidistant from all of these, lies a city surrounding a large fortress. Outside the city walls lies a massive coliseum.

Kroloth waves his arm, taking in everything. "Welcome to Esgard, my home and the home of my people after death. Here they may compete for eternity, or rest, as they would. But come, I will show you my keep." With that, they travel to the fortress. They walk through halls decorated with weapons, suits of armor, and variuos vases and tapestries depicitng battles and contests.

Once they reach the great hall at the keep's center, Kroloth leads Everness through a side door to a small study. A fireplace dominates one wall, windows another, and a large tapestry depicting an epic battle between two tribes of minotaurs. Kroloth gestures to two large chairs. After sitting, he takes one of the large mugs and gestures for Everness to do the same. "Please, drink. Its called mead. So tell me, what do you think?"

OOC: A very large chair and mug for a very small man. Payback time :D

Don the Bastard
2008-08-26, 09:41 PM
Everness - Creation - Abstract/Location - Creation Forges - (cr+1/2art) [roll0]
Everness - Religion - Bolster - Reapers - (wp+1/2death) [roll1]
Kroloth - Creation - Kirkus - (cr+1/2str+1/2hon) [roll3]
Kroloth - Religion - Heal [roll4]
Kroloth - Battle - Heal [roll5]
Mycellius - Bolster - Dusk Shiners (cr+1/2nat+1/2fungi)[roll6]/2
Mycellius - New Domain: Nature 1
Mycellius - Religion - Heal [roll7]
Mycellius - Battle - Heal [roll8]
Cthulu - Creation - Artefact The Necronomicon - (cr+1/2mad) [roll9]
Cthulu - Religion - Heal [roll10]
Cthulu - Battle - Heal [roll11]
Everness worked so hard on creating his new forges (cr 393) that he had little energy left to teach the reapers, and they began to lose contact with him (Botch -new Cr Str 357), he decided to rest and rebuild his strength (-11 overall resistance).

Kroloth wrought the mighty Kirkus, true and honorable protectors (cr str 354), however working with astral mineral is tiring and so he rested (+82 overall resistance).

Mycellius showed the dusk shiners a new way of nature, strengthening their ties to the natural world (new cr str 661), he was pleased and sat to watch them work a while (+72 resistance overall)

Cthulu sat in the dark, laughing at it, and writing insane musings of arcane power in his book, binding it in skin and chaos he gave the world the necronomicon (cr str 207), he sat in the darkness a little longer to soak in it's insanity (+75 resistance overall).

Everness' Win Hat
http://www.funhousetheatrical.com/images/Funny_hat.jpg

Don the Bastard
2008-08-26, 09:54 PM
Creation Techs.

Timforged, Reapers & Monoliths - Writing [roll0]
Minotaurs, Mran & Kirkus - Fishing [roll1]
Illithids & Umberhilks - Knowledge of the Arcane [roll2]

Don the Bastard
2008-08-26, 10:00 PM
Don joins Kroloth & Everness in Esgard, a mug of mead already in hand I propose a toast to Everness, his river of time allows the judgement of souls in a fair fashion, his artefacts promote knowledge and growth, and his races are wise he raises the mug in the air and then downs it quickly I have a gift for you, for your wise leadership Don takes a small yellow box from behind his back, it is tied up with red ribbon. (Gain a new domain at level 1)

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-08-26, 10:33 PM
Mycellius Sends a telepathic note to Everness and Kroloth. "My domain is free to any god, Though my drink to you would be water, the cleanest and most pure found in the heavens, coming from a river that flows from the very essence of neutrality" He said mentally.

Ipphli
2008-08-27, 08:34 PM
Kroloth bows to Don. "You honor us with your presence Father." He glances at the present curiously, then smiles at Everness. "Congratulations my friend."

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-28, 08:41 AM
Everness bowed to Don and took the box. He suddenly felt a surge of power.

"It is an honor, father. Thank you."

He then drank with his fellow gods. He found the mead a little too strong to his taste, but it wasn't bad either.

"Well, Kroloth, it's a fine plane you have here. I'll be happy to come back and visit you sometime. Now, I must return to my duties. I have something to give to my people. Farewell!"

Everness left Esgard and returned to the northern island. There he shared some of his newfound knowledge with his people, teaching them advanced mathematics. He tried to win back the affection of some of the lost reapers at the same time.

The Keeper of Time looked at the timeforged civilization and was pleased by their technological level. His priests did a good job maintaining the sacred sites. However, he saw that the timeforged no longer feared death. They lead comfortable lives. They felt too secure. This frustrated the death god. If they weren't challenged, the gnomes would become lazy. So he went to the central part of the island which was still largely uninhabited. He transformed the landscape into a marsh. He populated it with many monstrous beasts and restless spirits. The land was unnaturally cold and only a handful of plant species could grow in its soil; all others died in a matter of days.

((OOC: Gain Knowledge domain.
Creation- Location - The Moorlands
Religion- Bolster Reapers (again)
Battle- Heal
Tech- Mathematics))

Ipphli
2008-08-28, 06:29 PM
Kroloth watches Everness leave before turning his attention back to his own people. Both the minotaurs and the mran were working well together. They had even begun building boats to venture out onto the oceans! Pleased with this new advance, Kroloth put some thought into what he should create next.

The agreement he and the others had reached was okay, but he hated depending on others to supply his people with what they would need to survive. That when Kroloth had an idea. First he would need to prepare. So, Kroloth began carving a city inside the mountain, under Karos, with entrances leading into the city. Yes, that should suit them just fine...

Creation: Undermountain
Tech: Sailing

Fan
2008-08-28, 10:10 PM
Cthluhu laughs maniacly at the creation of the new realm, her felt its ebb in flow like that of the gravy in a roast chicken pan on all hallows eve. (yes I'm getting more chaotic.) he then set about creating a tree in this dark cave that was sustained off of the blood of the sacrficed it basicly grew whereever, and bore fruit of the strangest blood red, that is said to bestow a random boon upon the being that picks the most rotten fruit.

Tech: Teach them the next stage ofm y tech tree ARCANE LORE!
(I'm one away from being able to achieve omniscense with my followers!)
Social: Act Crazy, and chaotic
Creation: the crazy blood fruit tree of chaos!
combat: Heal

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-30, 04:46 PM
((OOC: It's been a while since the end of the last turn.))

Ipphli
2008-08-31, 04:40 PM
((OOC: Don seems to have disappeared...))

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-31, 04:57 PM
((OOC: He posted elsewhere today so I guess he just doesn't have time to run this game right now.))

Don the Bastard
2008-08-31, 07:40 PM
Don had an insanely busy weekend. Will do a turn resolution now.

Fan
2008-08-31, 07:43 PM
(:smallfrown:, and I was really getting chaotic crazy to.)

Don the Bastard
2008-08-31, 07:50 PM
Might call this a game, only got 3 of you stilll playing, and I have a great deal of other stuff going on right now. Will try to refine this system some more and then will invite you all to the next game. Thankyou for participating. Please PM me with any feedback.

Fan
2008-08-31, 07:51 PM
4 actually Mike the mystic, me, Omnik, and Illphi.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-31, 07:56 PM
It's your choice Dan. I'm a little disappointed however, I thought it went well.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-31, 08:01 PM
Mike didn't do anything this turn, other than talk to you guys.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-31, 08:07 PM
I liked the timeforged :smallcool:. I'll have to recycle them in another game somehow.

Fan
2008-08-31, 08:09 PM
Mike didn't do anything this turn, other than talk to you guys.
I think he was waiting for you to post Don. Htat, and hes on now so that may change.

Ipphli
2008-08-31, 08:39 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. See you guys around...

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-08-31, 08:42 PM
I'm still playing, its just hard to find time to post... sorry.

Fan
2008-08-31, 08:44 PM
You know I find it kinda funny, yet I find it kinda sad. We're ALL on yet no one is posting IC>

Don the Bastard
2008-08-31, 08:47 PM
Thanks for those of you who PM'd me feedback, how about we put this thread into stasis then, until we are all in a better position to post narratively.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-31, 08:51 PM
You know I find it kinda funny, yet I find it kinda sad. We're ALL on yet no one is posting IC>

Well three of us have already acted this round.

Anyway we can always put this thread into stasis like you said, Don.

Don the Bastard
2008-08-31, 08:54 PM
I know FF fanboy is running a nations game, Asmodeus is trying to get a 4th ed goblin warparty game to run (needs a co-DM btw), and I have my finger in 4 or 5 pies right now, maybe I was a bit ambitious trying to run a turn every day. Will think about what I can give to this game, can you guys let me know how often you would be happy with an update?

Kaiser Omnik
2008-08-31, 08:56 PM
I know FF fanboy is running a nations game, Asmodeus is trying to get a 4th ed goblin warparty game to run (needs a co-DM btw), and I have my finger in 4 or 5 pies right now, maybe I was a bit ambitious trying to run a turn every day. Will think about what I can give to this game, can you guys let me know how often you would be happy with an update?

I would be happy with two turns a week.

Fan
2008-08-31, 08:59 PM
Speaking of which I need to roll natural disaters, and poltical havoc for you guys. :p
Two turns a week is fine with consdering I just joined a freeform game my freind is running, and i have school interfering as well. (even though two of my classes allow me free range internet.)

Mike_the_Mystic
2008-09-01, 12:34 AM
Shall you reply to our feedback?