View Full Version : My first OotS-style picture

kaptainkrutch
2008-08-18, 01:58 AM
Critique?
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/kaptainkrutchpimpin/rect3644.png

banjo1985
2008-08-18, 04:43 AM
Pretty damn good for a first attempt. :smalleek:

I guess my only real gripe is that the light and pole have lines that are much too thick. The boots of the guy and the girl on the right have too much of a size difference between the feet, and the guy in greens helmet doesn't look quite right, but everything else is spot on.

Overall very impressive! :smallsmile:

T-O-E
2008-08-18, 06:44 AM
Very good, better than I could ever do. However, it's not perfect.
1- The caster's mouth looks weird.
2- The woman's clothes look strange. Have the two nodes between the bottom of the shirt (?) and the top of the skirt straight instead of curved. There's a tool for this if you're new to the program.

I assume you're using inkscape. Are you?

kaptainkrutch
2008-08-18, 07:10 AM
Pretty damn good for a first attempt. :smalleek:

I guess my only real gripe is that the light and pole have lines that are much too thick. The boots of the guy and the girl on the right have too much of a size difference between the feet, and the guy in greens helmet doesn't look quite right, but everything else is spot on.

Overall very impressive! :smallsmile:
I just realized that about the pole, I must have forgotten to switch back to 2.0 lines from when I was making the border. I'll fix the feet too.

Very good, better than I could ever do. However, it's not perfect.
1- The caster's mouth looks weird.
2- The woman's clothes look strange. Have the two nodes between the bottom of the shirt (?) and the top of the skirt straight instead of curved. There's a tool for this if you're new to the program.

I assume you're using inkscape. Are you?
I thought the mouth looked weird too, I'll fix that one really quick. And yes, I'm using inkscape.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm102/kaptainkrutchpimpin/rect3644-1.png I put a few extra changes with colors. The brown boots were the same shade as the dirt and the top of the lamp was the same shade as the wall behind it. I made the red magic more transparent. I don't really know what to do about the helmet, ctrl+L doesn't do anything but retract the noseguard.