PDA

View Full Version : AARGH!OMG!(image heavy)LOOKIT!

Caillach
2006-08-14, 01:44 PM
great! so now that I've got your attention I have something to share with you.
It is a comic (not a web comic, just a comic) that has kind of become a little summer project. This is the rough draft (and I can't emphisize ROUGH DRAFT enough) of the first two pages. More will come later in about ten days when I get back from vacation.
because this is a rough draft there are still things I'm working on, so if the character apearences change that is why. The rough draft thing also explains the crap paneling and written (probably mispelled) text.
Heavy critisism is apreciated, but please keep in mind I have absolutely no prior experience in makeing comics. I've taken no classes, or courses or anything, so if you flame me I will kill you. Also keep in mind that the whole thing was colored in crappy crayola markers. I think this explains a lot.
Anywho, as for the comic itself, you can probably guess which God Ezaz is based on, however Ezaz is not that god, so if he is not acurately portraying that god this is why. His similarity to Anubus is significant, but more will come later on that.
anyway I'll shut my big yap, and show you what I have. Feel free to ask questions, and give critisism, just know that I'm going to be off for a while so I probably won't be answering your posts for a while.
Here it is:
(oh, also the seacond page was scanned on a slant, so that's why it looks like that)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/Anabeana/comix_0002.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/Anabeana/comix2_0003.jpg

ElfLad
2006-08-14, 03:35 PM
It's pretty well-drawn for a rough draft, and it also does a pretty good job of grabbing your interest.

Really, the big problem is that when you draw someone that closely to an existing character, you're forcing your audience to have to hurdle that gap mentally.

Caillach
2006-08-14, 04:43 PM
Yes. Originally the character Ezaz was meant to be a mix of blue green shades instead of just black, and he also had more animal like legs, but this turned out to be too complicated to reproduce time after time.
I might try going back blues if I can find an uncomplicated design.
Thanks for the imput. It helps a lot :D

Serpentine
2006-08-15, 11:44 PM
I like Ezaz. I think I'm broken, but the yellow-robed people remind me of the LotR version of badgerbadgerbadger...

Rawhide
2006-08-16, 03:47 AM
You know, this comic would be great as one of those "Don't do drugs/abuse alcohol/whatnot" comics if you want to take it in that direction.

Vaynor
2006-08-17, 05:58 PM
Hmm, nice comic, but did you mean to put "Spash" as one of your sounds? I figure it's supposed to say "Splash", but... ::)

EDIT: Spling

Caillach
2006-08-27, 01:26 AM
Hmm, nice comic, but did you mean to put "Spash" as one of your sounds? I figure it's supposed to say "Splash", but... ::)

EDIT: Spling

Hahaha! Oops, missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out. Yes it was supposed to say splash. I'll be sure to change it for a different copy. ;D

Vaynor
2006-08-27, 01:27 AM
Hahaha! Oops, missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out. Yes it was supposed to say splash. I'll be sure to change it for a different copy. ;D
Hehe, that's what I thought. ;)