PDA

View Full Version : The Vala in the Warcraft setting

ArlEammon
2008-08-18, 05:53 PM
The Lord of the Rings Valar in are Azeroth.... Manwe, and the others, including Morgoth, all nose into Azeroth.

What kind of impact do they make?

freerangetroll
2008-08-18, 05:56 PM
They get raided for phat loots.

WalkingTarget
2008-08-18, 08:21 PM
I'm not entirely up on the lore in the Warcraft setting, but it seems to me that everything (even the gods and titans) have actual, physical bodies. They may have some sort of "divine armor" or somesuch, but they have bodies nonetheless. This makes sense in a game/setting where everything being beatable in combat is a prerequisite.

The Valar don't suffer from this. It's not even as simple as being intangible. They exist, naturally, as beings of pure will. They take form occasionally when they need to interact with the inhabitants of the world, but that is no more them than your shirt is you. Morgoth is about the only one who has any lewt to drop ([Grond] and up to 3 [Silmaril] socketable gems, maybe [Iron Crown] with 3 sockets).

Cubey
2008-08-18, 08:24 PM
*points at Naaru* Exactly like these guys.

EvilElitest
2008-08-20, 09:04 PM
i think'd they'd chill and then go become the lord of the gnomes.

Though the ME orcs and the Warcraft orcs will have a lot of problems
from
EE

BRC
2008-08-20, 09:05 PM
They get raided for phat loots.
That is the default response for any "X shows up in Azeroth" thread.

TheElfLord
2008-08-20, 09:19 PM
I wrote in an old Morgoth vs. Sargaras thread that since Sargaras is just the Warcraft version of Morgoth, if either crossed into the other universe, he would just become a mirror image of the other. Following my logic, the Valar (which is the plural) would be the titians.

Tengu_temp
2008-08-21, 02:22 AM
That is the default response for any "X shows up in Azeroth" thread.

This is the default response of people who want to show how little do they know about WoW. If X is evil, that'd be correct. If X is a good guy, things turn out completely different.

freerangetroll
2008-08-21, 02:42 AM
This is the default response of people who want to show how little do they know about WoW. If X is evil, that'd be correct. If X is a good guy, things turn out completely different.

Incorrect. Thrall/Dwarf king/Bolvar all get raided for their phat loots as well. Just happens to be gold. It is still loot. Or the time dragon outside of CoT, or Tyrande... do I really need to go on? Those are good guys.

Tengu_temp
2008-08-21, 02:51 AM
They don't get raided for loot, they get raided for the sense of accomplishment, or honor points, or because some people are griefers who should be shot, or whatever. Phat loot = epix.

freerangetroll
2008-08-21, 03:39 AM
They don't get raided for loot, they get raided for the sense of accomplishment, or honor points, or because some people are griefers who should be shot, or whatever. Phat loot = epix.

Honor points = epics eventually.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know what WoW is about since I have to log in and raid 4 nights a week. Illy is a punk.

Anyway, you missed the point. If some random overpowered beasty or beasties came into Azeroth they would get raided, or they'd become questgivers. That is their options.

Tengu_temp
2008-08-21, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I am aware of that. Just feeling nitpicky.

Mr. Scaly
2008-08-21, 06:57 PM
Morgoth would pick a warlock class and summon Sauron to be his demon minion. Or maybe Gothmog.

I don't think it would make any enormous impact actually. Azeroth et all have their own gods and demons. A few more won;t make much difference.

freerangetroll
2008-08-21, 07:03 PM
Well I'm ready for my Vala rep.

Steven the Lich
2008-08-22, 11:37 AM
I wrote in an old Morgoth vs. Sargaras thread that since Sargaras is just the Warcraft version of Morgoth, if either crossed into the other universe, he would just become a mirror image of the other. Following my logic, the Valar (which is the plural) would be the titians. I have to say, this seems not even remotely logical.

The Valar would be the equivalent of Titans, I can guess, but then they would work together and defeat Sargeras and maybe restore Azeroth. They would have a tremendous effect. Hopefully Morgoth didn't come with them, because that could negate the effect.

EvilElitest
2008-08-22, 11:52 AM
if morgoth and crew (sauron/ gothmog ect) show up, things will get really awkward. More so if they take over the burning legion
from
EE