PDA

View Full Version : The Lords of Avramir Discussion Thread: Closed

Lappy9000
2008-08-18, 09:40 PM
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/lego12340/LoA_Logo1.jpg
Campaign Setting

Recent Work Log
4/22/09: Yup, everything's finally converted into a .pdf and striken from the boards. For the record, I consider this the discussion thread, 'cause I got a whole lot of feedback when the project was in its early stages. The next home for Lords of Avramir will take place in a different post, but will, of course, still be open for discussion.

See you all in June! Lappy9000, out.

*Transmission Lost*

Old Work Log
4/19/09: I'm finally taking out a copyright on Lords of Avramir, and the entire project will be down until completion in June 2009. The actual posting of the material, however, may be slightly later in coming. Thank you for your patiense.

4/15/09: Races have been completely re-worked. Pantheons are next, now with all 9 alignments represented equally amongst them. Sadly, it'll be a while before I can get the rest of the symbols from the amazing Ekunshiel.

4/13/09: Bwahahahahahaaaa! I strike from the shadows, editing the garbled up masses of my work under the fiendish cloak of nightfall!

Anyway, races are done 'cept for a few parts in trog and hume sections. The half-races will be completed once Fax gets off his lazy rump to write the rest of the d20r racial traits ;)

Those new pantheons pictures look so nice I want to invite them to dinner.

4/11/09: My word! This editing is taking far longer than I would have liked ;-;

I doubt anyone even checks this anymore >.>
However, the work is necessary, and it must be done. Everything looks so much snazzier now, I can hardly complain.

2/26/09: Before you start freaking out and running for the door, relax; we are programmed to receive. Some big changes will be happening soon; I'm gonnan be working with Fax fo update this setting for his amazing d20 Rebirth project, and that means making everything up to snuff with OGL compliance, and the d20r rules set. Unfortunatly, this means changing the name of the setting, but meh, Lords of Avramir still has a good ring to it ;)

2/24/09: Frostknell's up, and it' my favorite nation so far (and by far)! It takes a while for the ideas to start flowing for entire countries, so Korr will be up when it's good and ready. Thanks to everyone for their patience and support.

2/08/09: By the way, I'm a huge liar ;) Expect Frostknell later this week.

2/07/09: Now that the writer's block is gone, I have stuff done, but between the forum and my internet connection....well, let's just say it tooke me 10 minutes to get this update and the last post working -_-

PDF is coming along excellently, and I have enough done to start posting regularly once the forum starts running a little smoother.

01/25/09: Well, here is my absolute least favorite part when reading a campaign setting: When the creator complains that he/she won't be doing much work for a while. Even though I hate posting this, the folks who follow this deserve to know that the project has not died. It will get done. It will just be a while. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience, time, and encouragement.

01/09/09: I was ashamed for missing my quota, but I figured it better to wait until I got some more awesome ideas for Dungar, rather than put up some half-baked concepts. Yup, longest delay yet. I won't be making a habit of this, though, because now that my group isn't meeting for 6 months, I'll have plenty of free time p:

12/20/08: Put up Torram, finishing up the Count's Peace. Also tightened up some of the extraplanar monster encounters, although they will need some more work before I can call it finished. And, crud, did I promise to have Dungar done before Christmas? WELL! That'll give me a good 5 days, I suppose. EXPECT IT THEN!!!

12/10/08: Oopsie, got so far ahead of myself that I forgot to update the news page! Anyway, Masone is finished, and so is my commission for a racial lineup /Glee

12/02/08: Gotten a good idea about the Spirit-Touched houses; changing the name (Spiritborn, a name I'm shocked hasn't been used yet), including actual mechanics, and altering the timeline accordingly. I doubt it will be a huge problem, since the whole thing never really played much into the story.

11/26/08: Busy, busy day! Completed Lyndor as well as the first official Lords of Mechanus supplement! Guess I'm going to have start calling stuff LoM. Tehee, lom.

11/12/08: Grr, I just realized that the next nation is the Count's Peace, not Dungar (C before D and all that), which means that despite Dungar being ready to post up tomorrow, I'll have to prolong things because the Count's Peace includes 3 individual nations (Lyndor, Masone, and Torram).

Don't be confused by the delay; I'll keep updating the setting 'till I think I can adequately call it "finished," but I now need to focus my energies towards my group's campaign, since we'll actually be able to meet. That and I'll be out of commission for the first week of December....

Anyway! I WILL have at least have the Count's Peace and Dungar completed before Christmas.

11/08/08: Glad I got that goofiness out of my system p:
I've been looking forward to working with Dungar, the next entry in the Life in the World section, and it's more complete than most. Expect it to take less than a week this time.

10/28/08: Muahahaha! The work in the Life in the World section begins at last! If you thought I wasn't insane enough to post this much completion...well, you're wrong there, Skipper.

10/26/08: I'm pretty sure flip-flops are okay when DMing/creating a campaign setting. As long as you remain consistent.....Wait, that doesn't make any sense.... Anyway, the Spirittouched Houses are up; with minimal Keith Bakerisms!

10/22/08: Okay, the planes and order of the universe is pretty much completed. Next up is the Spirittouched Houses as I continue my blantant ripping off of Eberron!

10/16/08: Neat, I just finished two planes between classes at campus without any notes. The SRD is seriously one of the most greatest things ever. With luck, the last three outer planes (Mechanus, Pandemonium, Queniss) will be up by tonight. Be sure to tell me if you like the pictures/flavour.

10/15/08: Yay! I lessened my school/work load. Now to actually focus on important things. Need to finish up the Outer Planes + Encounters, and tie up some loose ends.

9/28/08: Ooooogh. I just made 36 Bitmap deitific symbols. On to the Adventurer's Guide!!!

9/27/08: Okay, I lied. I'm doing updates after all p:
About the deities; only Harthoul, Khorunda, and Rundraun were created by me. The Webspinner was created by blackspeeker. The rest are from various sources from the Playground, the authors of whom will be compiled together in the credits page near the end of the project.
I really don't like taking things from other people's campaigns, but I had permission for quite a few of them, and I hate making deities even more. So there.
BTW, there's an easter egg in the pantheons section. See if you can find it ;)

9/23/08: Don't expect any major updates for a bit, I'm going back in to tie up some loose ends, particularly in the Adventuring Equipment section. I'm really just stalling, because almost no work has been done on the Taneli Pantheon (although the Myraesal Pantheon is done, so expect that to be up in the near future).

9/20/08: See? Told ya' I'd be back. Started on the Magic section, and right off with Faiths and Pantheons. This part isn't really my thing, so a large majority of the deities were taken off of the Playground at some point or another. I'll try to cobble up the Credits page as soon as I can. It'll probably be the only out-of-order post, but it's certainly necessary. I have 24 of the symbols done already, and have about 12-16 more, depending on which ones I plan to use. Yes. They're MS Paint. 'Cause I can't draw. Sorry. They do look rather good on LEGO shields, though (;
Oh! And Holy Crap, I've been posting the project for over a month already! I hope I'm not being overly-exhaustive here. In fact, after I trim up the pantheons, mah next goal is to start (and finish) the Adventurer's Guide.

9/13/08: Re-vamped the map of Dolsaren; now with color! And real political boundaries! Of the joys of glories of joys! Oh, and if updates get a little scant over the next week or so; I haven't forsaken the project. Any delays will actually be caused from me working on the project, since the next section is not really...readable enough at the moment.

9/12/08: Hehe, added section dedicated to miniatures of all core races and new races. And they're LEGOs. It's a win-win, really. Oh, and hey, if anyone actually reads the logs, even though this is really more of an excuse for me to get up off my rear and actually finish this project, I love seeing posts and having people comment and critique my work. I really appreciate all the comments so far (:

9/09/08: Equipment is started, mostly. That's right, cans of mace and powerpoles.

9/08/08: H'okay, just started up the weapons entry complete with snazzy picture made of free Wizards images spliced together (making use of advanced technology like IrfanView and MS Paint). The gnome-worked weapon will be on that page too; I just need to make sure it isn't unbalanced, as the premise could prove to be a bit....abusable.

9/05/08: Well, Orcish entry is complete. And I added a semi-yet-still-cool-yet-not-too-overpowering ability to the soulstitched at the suggestion of blackspeeker (I imagine he'll find it to come in handy). Next section would be magic, but I'm tenative as to how many of the new spells that I'm willing to put up there. Most likely, I'll include credits, since making spells is NOT my thing (nor do I believe it necessary, as there are already waaay too many spells out there).

9/02/08: Gaak, got those feats entered in right. I've gone far enough ahead; I'll get off my butt and finish up those "Day in the Life" segments before I go any further.
(And still no halfling or half-elf pictures. Grr.)

8/31/08: Halfling and Half-elf entries done. I do wish I could get some feedback, but I'm gonna keep posting stuff anyway. Not going to do a human "Day in the life" as everyone knows how to role-play a human.
Found a kick-awesome picture for the base class, the symbol, but I'm still runnning dry on images for the halflings and half-elves. Oh well.

8/26/08: Gnomes is done too. Half-elves next. FWI, the next section is gonna detail feats, classes, class features and the like. I found an interesting take on racial feats, and it seems to have gone over well with the group.
(Just for the record, the gnomish entry in "A Day in the Life" was from one of the party's more epic adventures. No facial hair is safe from Patchy the Beard Baron!!!)

8/25/08: Woo! Finished all the racial entries, all right!
Now my next effort will be to finish the "Day in the Life" segments. One thing that the PHB really needed to do was give folks more of an idea of what playing a certain race would be like. The bornura and soulstitched have the longest ones, 'cause they're new races, and lack stereotypes like Dwarves (Snow White) and Elves (Keebler).

Pics are coming....eventually. (I have to wait until I get permission from each artist to use the drawings).

Zeta Kai
2008-08-19, 05:37 PM
Well, I see you've been busy. Great work so far. Great use of images, links & spoilers; this is much more polished than most works in the Playground.

Vadin
2008-08-19, 05:40 PM
Quite. Looks like quite the interesting campaign setting. A most definitely unique flavor.

Lappy9000
2008-08-19, 10:18 PM
Well, I see you've been busy. Great work so far. Great use of images, links & spoilers; this is much more polished than most works in the Playground.

Thanks! Hope you don't mind me using your legendary mega-post, it just seemed the most effective way to put this up here.

Quite. Looks like quite the interesting campaign setting. A most definitely unique flavor.

Thank you too :smallbiggrin:

Finally figured out how to work tables; I'm gonna get to fixing up those racial ones (they're kind afugly right now).

BRC
2008-08-20, 07:40 PM
Looks great, except that the Light Amplification seems abit powerful. A first level Bourna commoner could start blasting people with 3d6 laser beams simply by standing in the sunlight. A 3d6 ray is fairly hefty for a 0 LA no stat penalties race, even if it does take a full-round action to shoot (or else it deals 2d6 damage, which can still be pretty hefty at first level, especially on a touch attack.) Think about it this way, the most powerful melee weapon(s) deals 2d6 (or 1d12, same thing) damage with a normal attack roll.

Lappy9000
2008-08-20, 08:12 PM
Looks great, except that the Light Amplification seems abit powerful. A first level Bourna commoner could start blasting people with 3d6 laser beams simply by standing in the sunlight. A 3d6 ray is fairly hefty for a 0 LA no stat penalties race, even if it does take a full-round action to shoot (or else it deals 2d6 damage, which can still be pretty hefty at first level, especially on a touch attack.) Think about it this way, the most powerful melee weapon(s) deals 2d6 (or 1d12, same thing) damage with a normal attack roll.

How about 2d6 full-round, 1d6 on standard? That sounds about right.
Thanks for the advice, btw.

BRC
2008-08-20, 08:44 PM
How about 2d6 full-round, 1d6 on standard? That sounds about right.
Thanks for the advice, btw.
That's better, but it's still pretty hefty considering the race has no real downside to speak of, at least from a statistical perspective. From a fluff perspective the race has a major downside, their blood is a valuable commodity, however, from a gameplay perspective that's not a problem, but I think they need some sort of statistical downside. I like all the Crystal Forming abilities, but at early levels they provide some fairly hefty stuff (heck, even at later levels it can be pretty nifty). For example: a Free Shortsword that goes up by +1 every four levels, and can be enchanted on top of that, and doesn't stop you from wearing other weapons, AND counts as both a natural and artificial weapon. This means that you could take your crystal edge. at level 8 it will deal 1d6+3 damage. It counts as a manufactured weapon, so supposedly you could make it +1 and Icy or something. At the same time you could wear an Amulet of Mighty Fists, boosting it even further, I say you remove the "Counts as both a natural and a manufactured weapon" bit, just make it count as a natural weapon. Besides, since they are apparently re-forming it, it doesn't make sense that they could get it enchanted, because it's not necessarily the same blood thats making it.

The + to saves bonus isn't that bad since it only has a 5ft radius, but it's still pretty useful.
The Spell Resistance isn't that bad because it would, for the most part, be a minor inconvenience to appropriately-leveled spell casters.

The Gem armor isn't too bad either, though it's still a little all-purpose something for nothing, especially if your a low-level caster.

So yeah, personally, as cool as they are, they either need a level adjustment or a downside, maybe a stat penalty, or something to do with the fact that they are fairly non-aggressive. Maybe something like this:
Nuralithis Trance: The Nuralithis in a Bornura's blood has a habit of counteracting the innate adrenaline rush that most races take for granted in battle. because of this they take a -4 penalty to initiative, cannot make charge attacks, and take a minus four penalty to resist feints.

Maybe they can take a feat

Clear-Headed:
Prereq: Race Bornura
Bornura who are used to combat learn how to override the Nuralithis's calming effect in battle, and are not effected by Nuralithis trance.

Lappy9000
2008-08-20, 08:51 PM
So yeah, personally, as cool as they are, they either need a level adjustment or a downside, maybe a stat penalty, or something to do with the fact that they are fairly non-aggressive. Maybe something like this:

That's a great idea. I couldn't quite figure out how to penalize them to keep in line with the fluff. The bornura aren't any weaker, smarter, or tougher than any other race, even though high Wisdom is necessary for most of their abilities.

Heck, that penalty even adds back into the fluff. Great thinking, I'll add that right now.

BRC
2008-08-20, 08:56 PM
That's a great idea. I couldn't quite figure out how to penalize them to keep in line with the fluff. The bornura aren't any weaker, smarter, or tougher than any other race, even though high Wisdom is necessary for most of their abilities.

Heck, that penalty even adds back into the fluff. Great thinking, I'll add that right now.
Yeah, I don't know if it will be enough, but It's a start. Originally I was thinking an attack roll penalty with some conditions that would get rid of it, but that seemed too complicated. I see them as actually being fairly decent fighters if they get into combat (They would have to be or else the entire race would have been wiped out by hunters), but they have trouble grasping the whole "Kill or Be Killed" thing, I can picturea fight starting, and a Bornura standing around while everybody else starts smashing each other, then going "oh, right, kill things."

Owrtho
2008-08-20, 09:11 PM
This seems like it could be a good world. I must say you had me at the "humans never got a foothold into the political arena until recently" part. One of my biggest issues is how humans always seem to be the dominant race. Even when all the other races are superior to humans. That aside, the races you have seem good. Though I noticed that the changlings seem to be missing their racial traits. Keep up the good work.

Owrtho

Lappy9000
2008-08-20, 09:15 PM
This seems like it could be a good world. I must say you had me at the "humans never got a foothold into the political arena until recently" part. One of my biggest issues is how humans always seem to be the dominant race. Even when all the other races are superior to humans. That aside, the races you have seem good. Though I noticed that the changlings seem to be missing their racial traits. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that! Unless I'm mistaken, aren't changelings not covered by the Open Gaming License? (I'm using the racial stats from Eberron)

And yeah, the human race was basically tossed around from one opresser to another, and whenever they actually started to recover from it, something else would set them back. Currently, I'm trying to see what it would be like if some dude with a Napoleon complex (Count Blythe) actually managed to take over a continent.

Owrtho
2008-08-20, 09:31 PM
Thanks for that! Unless I'm mistaken, aren't changelings not covered by the Open Gaming License? (I'm using the racial stats from Eberron)

Not sure, I'd just mentioned it as all of your other races seemed to have racial traits mentioned and they didn't.

Anyways, if I actualy had any real knowledge on how to be a dm (and unfortunatly I seem to be the best at being a dm out of the group I play with resulting often in just bsing play mechanics until I find the correct ones), I'd be sure to try a campaign in this world.

Owrtho

Lappy9000
2008-08-20, 09:37 PM
...and unfortunatly I seem to be the best at being a dm out of the group I play with resulting often in just bsing play mechanics until I find the correct ones.

It's what DMing is all about, it's called a "house rule." :smalltongue:

I actually did mention it up in the Races section:

The races of Dolsaren are largely migrants from other continents following the diastrous events of the Great Cataclysm. This patchwork tapestry or peoples includes slightly modified versions of the races available in the Player's Handbook, in addition to the bornura, changeling, soulstitched, and warforged races (Not being OGC, changeling and warforged racial traits will not be displayed. Other than fluff, they are unchanged from the Eberron Campaign Setting).

It's almost kinda silly. They basically just get Disguise Self and some bonuses to bluff and gather information :smallconfused:

Anyways, if anyone really wants to use them, but doesn't own the Eberron Campaign Setting, Races of Eberron, or Monster Manual 3, the bare-bone stats can be found under the Races link at Crystal Keep (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php) (Page 24).

Anyways, if I actualy had any real knowledge on how to be a dm (and unfortunatly I seem to be the best at being a dm out of the group I play with resulting often in just bsing play mechanics until I find the correct ones), I'd be sure to try a campaign in this world.

Really, though, that means alot :smallbiggrin:

Owrtho
2008-08-20, 09:53 PM
I actually did mention it up in the Races section:
It's almost kinda silly. They basically just get Disguise Self and some bonuses to bluff and gather information :smallconfused:

Ahh, I must've missed that. Also was sorta thrown off by the other races all having their racial traits mentioned. Ah well. Look forward to seeing this completed.

Owrtho

blackspeeker
2008-08-25, 11:13 PM
As a person who has played a Soulstitched in a campaign of yours, and plans to resume play with it over the christmas break, something I've always wanted to know, could a Soulstitched store emergency supplies in its torso that no one could find, like lets say he was sent to a prison and needed to hide an emergency dagger or perhaps a vial or two of alchemist's fire. Since he technically doesn't need his former vital organs there is no problem there, right?

Lappy9000
2008-08-26, 05:34 AM
As a person who has played a Soulstitched in a campaign of yours, and plans to resume play with it over the christmas break, something I've always wanted to know, could a Soulstitched store emergency supplies in its torso that no one could find, like lets say he was sent to a prison and needed to hide an emergency dagger or perhaps a vial or two of alchemist's fire. Since he technically doesn't need his former vital organs there is no problem there, right?

Not sure if you'd need a currently nonexistant feat to do that or not. Admiral Squish (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74886&highlight=warforged+feats) made a bunch of warforged feats that includes a chest cavity with an extradimensional space inside.

I'm not really sure though, lemme think about that one :smallconfused:
(btw, nice Patchy avatar)

EDIT: I suppose you could but if you're talking about your current situation, you'd had to have stashed away the items in your torso before your imprisonment. It almost doesn't seem worth statting (although I may make it a feat anyway), you could stuff in something like a dagger that you found during your imprisonment. You know, as long as you don't use it in an abuseable manner, it's fine. Instead of a feat, I'll just add it into their racial traits so you can just bury a dagger in your chest and be done with it (in character, of course :smalleek:).

Zeta Kai
2008-08-31, 02:25 PM
[fawning praise]
This all looking really great. I especially like the original races (Bornura & Soulstitched); they are very unique, imaginative, & well-realized. I also love the attention to detail displayed in these posts; if every homebrewer demonstrated this level of craftsmanship, no one would need splatbooks. This is truly on par with the great works of Fax Celestis, Vorpal Tribble, the Demented One, Krimm Blackleaf, & other such homebrewing luminaries. Please keep it up.
[/fawning praise]

Lappy9000
2008-08-31, 02:48 PM
[fawning praise]
This all looking really great. I especially like the original races (Bornura & Soulstitched); they are very unique, imaginative, & well-realized. I also love the attention to detail displayed in these posts; if every homebrewer demonstrated this level of craftsmanship, no one would need splatbooks. This is truly on par with the great works of Fax Celestis, Vorpal Tribble, the Demented One, Krimm Blackleaf, & other such homebrewing luminaries. Please keep it up.
[/fawning praise]

Th....thank you! Really, that means so much :smallredface:
I should note that you, among VT, Fax, Demented One, and Krimm Blackleaf, inspired me to make my own setting. To be compared with you guys is...just awesome.

Zeta Kai
2008-09-02, 05:50 PM
I would say a Soulstitched should suffer a -5 penalty if it attempting to reattach its own arm, even if that arm is ambulatory. It's still awkward to stitch up one's own shoulder.

This project is looking great so far, BTW.

Lappy9000
2008-09-02, 06:19 PM
I would say a Soulstitched should suffer a -5 penalty if it attempting to reattach its own arm, even if that arm is ambulatory. It's still awkward to stitch up one's own shoulder.

That...would make sense :smallconfused:

Thanks, I'll add that in.

This project is looking great so far, BTW.

Thanks again :smallbiggrin:

blackspeeker
2008-09-06, 07:14 PM
Love the new heartless racial ability for the soul-stitched, now I just need to find a way for it to retroactively work.

You're doing great by the way man, how much more work do you have to put into the campaign.

Lappy9000
2008-09-06, 10:54 PM
Love the new heartless racial ability for the soul-stitched, now I just need to find a way for it to retroactively work.

Ah glad you like it. I realize it needs a bit of tweaking (as it stands, you can technically put in something ridiculous like a trident into your chest), but the premise will stay the same.

You're doing great by the way man, how much more work do you have to put into the campaign.

Thanks for that.
Honestly, I'll work on it until I deem it "finished" (which will take awhile, because it annoys me if it's not clean and spiffy-looking); I need to add in equipment (actually new stuff this time), magic, pantheons, and the "life in the world" section detailing nations, calendar, and the like, most of which is already at least started. Katy's actually working on a really nice-looking racial lineup for me, and I'm really excited about getting to put that up here.

All I really expect you guys to know is, your race, your class, your deity (if any), and where you're from. This has really become my hobby, and I find myself incredibly bored when I'm not working/thinking about it. Like writing a book by rolling dice :smallbiggrin:

Zeta Kai
2008-10-07, 10:25 PM
Lappy, are you still working on this? I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment of what is turning out to be a fabulous project.

Lappy9000
2008-10-10, 12:55 PM
Lappy, are you still working on this? I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment of what is turning out to be a fabulous project.

I'd just like to thank you again for your continued support. It warms my heart to know that people actually read and support this :smallredface:

Anyway, collegic learning has been kicking my butt these past few weeks, but now I should have some more time to work on the project.

The next topic is the planes, and the beginning poem will slowly become clear as the information is detailed.

sigurd
2008-10-10, 02:00 PM
Lots to chew on. I like it.

Sigurd

blackspeeker
2008-10-10, 07:30 PM
Spoiler tags, my one weakness!

Order of the Multiverse These portals are scattered throughout Olaesys. For example, it is possible to travel into the Beastlands simply by venturing deep enough into a mighty forest. Getting back, however, is usually more challenging.

So many evil plans are being hatched at the utterance of that sentence.

Lappy9000
2008-10-10, 08:56 PM
Spoiler tags, my one weakness!

So many evil plans are being hatched at the utterance of that sentence.

I figured as much. There is a reason why some stuff is spoiler'd.

Lots to chew on. I like it.

Sigurd
And thank you, too, sigurd!

Lappy9000
2008-10-18, 12:56 AM
*Assistance Needed*

Okay, so I'm facing a minor dilemma since Freewebs has decided to torch about half the pictures I've uploaded unto my account. I may get them back up, but if they don't reload properly, I'll need to find a new photo-sharing site (not named PhotoBucket). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it if you lead me to them.

Don't worry, all the files are twice backed up, but the uploading process will be a real pain in my side for quite a while.

Suppose this as good a time as any to explain a few things, namely the planes. Long story shory, there isn't a plane for every alignment, just Good or Evil or Chaos or Law, in various levels of intensity. Some of the planes in the typical cosmology assume that mortal souls go to certain planes after death. Well, that doesn't happen here (not in the Outer Planes at least, more to be posted on that). So, yup. Anyone made sense out of the poem yet? :smallwink:

FoeHammer
2008-10-18, 01:46 PM
http://www.picoodle.com/

Pretty barebones, but it gets the job done

Zeta Kai
2008-10-18, 06:28 PM
I may get them back up, but if they don't reload properly, I'll need to find a new photo-sharing site (not named PhotoBucket). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it if you lead me to them.

I'm curious. Why are you boycotting PhotoBucket? I've never had any problems with the site. It's free, relatively simple, & it has multiple upload options. The biggest problem that I've had with them is with uploading multiple versions of the same image (as it always remember the first version sent, & won't display updated material unless its renamed).

Lappy9000
2008-10-18, 09:44 PM
I'm curious. Why are you boycotting PhotoBucket? I've never had any problems with the site. It's free, relatively simple, & it has multiple upload options. The biggest problem that I've had with them is with uploading multiple versions of the same image (as it always remember the first version sent, & won't display updated material unless its renamed).

A similar problem happened with Photobucket, but if hardly matters now since Freewebs fixed the problem. Hip Hooray and Huzzah!

Yeah, thanks FoeHammer, I'll give picoodle a shot sometime.

blackspeeker
2008-10-19, 12:04 PM
A similar problem happened with Photobucket, but if hardly matters now since Freewebs fixed the problem. Hip Hooray and Huzzah!

Good, now that that's taken care of everyone can help me in dissecting his poem.

Zeta Kai
2008-10-22, 10:31 AM
Ah, I see that you've added my Flesh Plane to your cosmology. Well, I'm flattered. You've been doing a great job so far, so I don't mind its inclusion. Please keep it up, as I find this to be an interesting campaign setting.

Lappy9000
2008-10-22, 02:45 PM
Ah, I see that you've added my Flesh Plane to your cosmology. Well, I'm flattered. You've been doing a great job so far, so I don't mind its inclusion. Please keep it up, as I find this to be an interesting campaign setting.

I've added the rest of the section to clarify a bit more about the order of the planes. I was surprised how well the plane of flesh was able to fit in. I've always thought that it's an awesome (and kinda gross) idea. So, thanks!

afroakuma
2008-10-22, 03:16 PM
I liked the link. Thanks for the shoutout, Lappy!

Keep an eye on my Pandemonium project as well; you might like it.

puppyavenger
2008-10-31, 11:22 PM
so is this still be worked on? it's really interesting!

Lappy9000
2008-11-08, 01:08 AM
so is this still be worked on? it's really interesting!

Answer your question? :smallbiggrin:
I felt it necessary to sate your curiosity with nothing less than another post. Sorry for the delays, but school is busy and these entries take far longer to write than posts past.

Cookies for whoever can pick out the subtle and not-so subtle jokes in that last entry.

Zeta Kai
2008-11-08, 01:09 AM
Yay! :smallbiggrin:

This is awesome. Keep it up! I love this setting so far. I have no specific comments, just "Great job". :smallcool:

blackspeeker
2008-11-08, 03:09 AM
Answer your question? :smallbiggrin:Cookies for whoever can pick out the subtle and not-so subtle jokes in that last entry.

Since I know you for realsies I trust these are non-metaphorical and the not so subtle joke was in reference to the character blackleaf/marcie in Jack Chick's comic where a girl's character dies and she can't live without said character, and as I typed this out I realized I can't wait to get to that town in game.

Lappy9000
2008-11-08, 10:11 AM
Since I know you for realsies I trust these are non-metaphorical and the not so subtle joke was in reference to the character blackleaf/marcie in Jack Chick's comic where a girl's character dies and she can't live without said character, and as I typed this out I realized I can't wait to get to that town in game.

Yeah, I ended stumbling on that comic a few nights back, and I knew I had to reference that somewhere. I also need to write in the "Dark Dungeons" beneath the town.

As you stumble through the mist you hear a voice on the distance. A shreik of panic, you see a teenage girl runnning towards you screaming "No! Not Black Leaf! Noooo!" You suddenly realize that the girl is dead! She doesn't exist anymore!

Glory, that comic scares me.

blackspeeker
2008-11-17, 12:19 AM
As the most powerful man in Dolsaren, Count Blythe feels it his duty to prevent another catastrophic war. With his floating castle, and the largest fleet of airships in the world, the Count can and will do whatever it takes to prevent the world from being plunged back into chaos yet again.

It's like you've taken everything I've secretly worked for and given it to a man I've sworn to be my characters nemesis before I even know about him. Seriously where is my floating castle!?

Lappy9000
2008-11-17, 02:06 AM
It's like you've taken everything I've secretly worked for and given it to a man I've sworn to be my characters nemesis before I even know about him. Seriously where is my floating castle!?

Take it from him?

It's a fairly high-magic setting, there's bound to be other floating castles out there. Besides, I already gave you guys an airship. Quit yer' blubbering :smalltongue:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-11-29, 07:21 AM
:eek:
Well, shoot. I think this setting has outdone mine. Bravo.

insecure
2008-11-29, 10:45 AM
Would you mind if I tried to convert all this awesome stuff into a PDF file?

Zeta Kai
2008-11-29, 12:26 PM
Would you mind if I tried to convert all this awesome stuff into a PDF file?

What program do you use to make the PDF?

Also, this setting is still made of weapons-grade awesomesauce.

insecure
2008-11-29, 01:05 PM

I use Win2PDF (http://www.win2pdf.com/?gclid=COWa0t78mpcCFQoi3godQ1uwDA) for converting. Free and easy. Or, so it says, but let's see...

Lappy9000
2008-11-29, 08:32 PM
:eek:
Well, shoot. I think this setting has outdone mine. Bravo.

Wow! Thanks, that really means alot, 'specially since Nation of the Dead is fantastic.

As always, I really appreciate your continued support :smallredface:

I use Win2PDF (http://www.win2pdf.com/?gclid=COWa0t78mpcCFQoi3godQ1uwDA) for converting. Free and easy. Or, so it says, but let's see...

Yeah, sure, I'll convert it once I've finished the final section (which should be monsters, assuming nothing changes), and worked out a few kinks and blank spaces (and hopefully filter out some of the blantant Eberron copying influence).

Limos
2008-12-09, 05:05 PM
I absolutely love the Soulstiched race. They are my favorite.

blackspeeker
2008-12-10, 01:31 AM
Wow man you actually commissioned that, I suppose that is better than waiting for the people in our group to get off their butts and do something, you know like take pictures of the party busts like we've talked about.

I'm just happy to see you've got results.

Lappy9000
2008-12-10, 01:39 AM
I absolutely love the Soulstiched race. They are my favorite.

Ah, thank you! They seem to be pretty popular at the table; blackspeeker seems to enjoy playing one, at least.

Wow man you actually commissioned that, I suppose that is better than waiting for the people in our group to get off their butts and do something, you know like take pictures of the party busts like we've talked about.

I'm just happy to see you've got results.

Yeah, I'm nuts, but it was totally worth it. I still wanna see those busts, though :smallcool:

blackspeeker
2008-12-10, 02:21 AM
Ah, thank you! They seem to be pretty popular at the table; blackspeeker seems to enjoy playing one, at least.

Yeah, I'm nuts, but it was totally worth it. I still wanna see those busts, though :smallcool:

Nuts? You're hardly nuts for wanting results, I don't mean to cut the people at the table, or arrive late to the table, or who used to be at the table down, but I can't recall seeing anything they said they'd do put onto paper, other than a few sketchings. I'm actually commending you for getting results, I love this guys style anyway.

Lappy9000
2008-12-10, 02:26 AM
Nuts? You're hardly nuts for wanting results, I don't mean to cut the people at the table, or arrive late to the table, or who used to be at the table down, but I can't recall seeing anything they said they'd do put onto paper, other than a few sketchings. I'm actually commending you for getting results, I love this guys style anyway.

Well cool, thanks then!

blackspeeker
2008-12-21, 10:30 PM
So the caverns of glass, thats the monastery you were talking about at the last session. I take it that thats probably not common knowledge, and much like calling a bornura a blue blood to its face, bringing this up in public would get me chased out of another town.

and I'm sorry about Mystclif.

Lappy9000
2008-12-22, 10:04 AM
So the caverns of glass, thats the monastery you were talking about at the last session. I take it that thats probably not common knowledge, and much like calling a bornura a blue blood to its face, bringing this up in public would get me chased out of another town.

and I'm sorry about Mystclif.

Sorry? If I wasn't okay with it, I wouldn't have allowed it :smallbiggrin:

Waspinator
2009-02-01, 03:04 AM
This is a pretty neat project. Out of curiousity, about what percent would you say you have done? How much more of the world are you going to write out?

Lappy9000
2009-02-01, 03:11 AM
This is a pretty neat project. Out of curiousity, about what percent would you say you have done? How much more of the world are you going to write out?
Thanks! Out of the nations remaining, I'm about halfway done. Then there'll be a few blurbs on exotic locations (Ashtath, Dolkarrif; aka the North Pole, Teiraesia, and Underdeep), followed by a small section for monsters. There will also be some references to the other side of the world, but it will intentionally be left ambiguious.

Currently, between the forum constantly farting out on me at the worst moments and some writer's block in regards to Enarem, I'm holding back on the posts until after the thread purge. Then I'll start posting some things more regularly.

Waspinator
2009-02-01, 01:53 PM
If the forum is eating big posts in error messages, you might want to write them up in Word (or whatever program) and copy them over to here to post. That way, there is a back-up.

Lappy9000
2009-02-01, 02:38 PM
If the forum is eating big posts in error messages, you might want to write them up in Word (or whatever program) and copy them over to here to post. That way, there is a back-up.Never heard of that program. Any chance you could find me a link?

Zeta Kai
2009-02-01, 06:32 PM
Never heard of that program. Any chance you could find me a link?

I'm sorry, but my sarcasmometer is on the fritz. Were you kidding or serious? :smallconfused:

Lappy9000
2009-02-01, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry, but my sarcasmometer is on the fritz. Were you kidding or serious? :smallconfused:...I was serious :smallconfused:

Am I missing something? Oh! And...lamest....hundredth post....ever. (No offense Waspinator :smalltongue:)

Ashtagon
2009-02-01, 11:10 PM
...I was serious :smallconfused:

Am I missing something? Oh! And...lamest....hundredth post....ever. (No offense Waspinator :smalltongue:)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word/default.aspx

That's a commercial piece of software. For the purposes he described, wordpad (integrated into windows) or notepad should do just as well.

Waspinator
2009-02-02, 02:20 AM
Microsoft Word? One of the most widely successful word processing programs on the planet since it's part of Microsoft Office?

Personally, I like Open Office a lot more, but I've at least heard of Word.

Waspinator
2009-02-08, 05:00 PM
Neat! Glad to get an explanation for that poem.

Lappy9000
2009-02-24, 11:31 AM
Even though I fear that I've made a habit of it, this isn't a shameless bump. In fact, I'm asking for some critique, since I don't get too much regarding the setting. There isn't much crunch at all in the entire setting since I'm trying to diverge from core as little as possible. However, it is my writing that I would like some feedback for. See, I'm paranoid, and not sure if any popularity garnered from the setting is from my commitment to finish the darn thing, or from my actual writing prowess. If you wouldn't mind, giving me answers to the below questions (and anything else you can think of) would really help me out. Thanks!

Are the posts (nations, racial write-ups, various flavor text) genuinely interesting?
Does anything seem over-excessive?
Do naming schemes and the like seem out of place?
Are adequate adventure hooks given?
Do you get a sense of overall 'flavor' for each unique nation?
Do you get a unique sense of flavor for the setting as a whole?

DarkCloud
2009-02-26, 12:57 AM
l under-water ballista
How do those function? Especially if the country has a dearth of spellcasters.
Do they have trouble with flooding? Seems it would be relatively simple to fill the mines with water in an assault.

Other than that, the Frostfell seems good.

Lappy9000
2009-02-26, 02:37 PM
How do those function? Especially if the country has a dearth of spellcasters.
Do they have trouble with flooding? Seems it would be relatively simple to fill the mines with water in an assault.In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed. I'll make a note that those were of Aundheînd’s design (A prominent dwarven spellcaster). Even without many spellcasters, it's still a high-magic setting and I thought saying "torpedoes" would ruin the verisimilitude :smalltongue:

Do you have any ideas for a more appropiate term?

DarkCloud
2009-02-27, 08:44 PM
Ah, sorry I think I was a bit unclear. I was listing two different points.

1)How do those function? Especially if the country has a dearth of spellcasters.

Okay... "A wizard did it." is an ok explanation for why something works. Hmm... You were referring to torpedoes rather than ballistae, that makes a great deal more sense. Perhaps call them "Lightningbolt Missiles" or "Lightning Bolts" or "Aundheînd's Arrows" or "Aundheînd's Lightningstrikers"

2)Do they have trouble with flooding? Seems it would be relatively simple to fill the mines with water in an assault since the city is located below the water table and next to a lake? Do they have massive pumps to keep out the water? Iron doors? Magical Protections?

Zeta Kai
2009-02-27, 09:30 PM
I see that you've changed the name of the setting. Any reason?

afroakuma
2009-02-27, 09:31 PM
There is. I made him do it. :smallamused:

Lappy9000
2009-02-27, 10:32 PM
I see that you've changed the name of the setting. Any reason?Oh yeah. There's actually a reason for that. I put it on the news page but it's time for...

AN OFFICIAL UPDATE

So! I've changed the name and the system being used. Why? Quite simply, I like d20: Rebirth (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98722) by Fax Celestis. We worked out a bit of a deal and I'm going to be helping to spearhead d20r with Lords of Avramir (Possibly alongside Vote Up a Campaign Setting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102957)). Now, this means that everything's gotta be nice and OGL-friendly, and that means no Pandemonium, Beastlands, Limbo, or more importantly, Mechanus. Warforged and Changelings are also out (although they're staying in my personal campaign :smallbiggrin:). I have a due date in mind, and it's practical since the setting is already two thirds completed. Things are going to get messy as I work around the formatting, and d20r will abound where there was once 3.5 (4e may come as well; this setting doesn't have much crunch). Thanks everyone for your kind words, inspiration, and support.

DarkCloud
2009-02-28, 12:14 AM
Ok. Good luck.

You do know about 3.P (Pathfinder, right) [The beta is avail as a free download here- http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG

And someone else here on the forums also redid 3.5

I wish you luck doing 3.r (Rebirth), just if you are looking for cross-pollination of ideas I'm letting you know that there are a lot of things out there in case they passed you by. :)

Waspinator
2009-03-07, 01:55 AM
I have to admit I'll miss the Warforged from the setting. Soulstitched are staying, right?

blackspeeker
2009-04-24, 02:41 PM
I dont know how busy you are at the moment I figure lots since the end of the semester where you are, but do you know when we could expect another update?

Lappy9000
2009-04-24, 08:30 PM
I dont know how busy you are at the moment I figure lots since the end of the semester where you are, but do you know when we could expect another update?Huh...I had really expected more of a "WHATTHEHECKWHEREISEVERYTHING?!?!"

Everything's explained in the News Post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4738910&postcount=1).

Long Story Short: Taking out copyright. Everything is taken off the boards. I'm counting this as a discussion thread, but everything will be back and re-written in glorious completion sometime in June. There will be the 3.5 and d20r both supported.

I've been working in the background for months, and I've got a lot to show for it. However noone will see it (except you, 'cause you know me personally) until June after I've copyrighted everything.

:smallcool:

blackspeeker
2009-04-25, 12:11 AM
Huh...I had really expected more of a "WHATTHEHECKWHEREISEVERYTHING?!?!"

Everything's explained in the News Post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4738910&postcount=1).

Long Story Short: Taking out copyright. Everything is taken off the boards. I'm counting this as a discussion thread, but everything will be back and re-written in glorious completion sometime in June. There will be the 3.5 and d20r both supported.

I've been working in the background for months, and I've got a lot to show for it. However noone will see it (except you, 'cause you know me personally) until June after I've copyrighted everything.

:smallcool:

Well, I actually searched for this just to see what has happened since there were no more updates as far as I could tell. Good to know you haven't canceled our campaign just before you were wrapping it up.

Waspinator
2009-04-25, 05:48 AM
Well, I'm glad I did a print-to-PDF before this happened....

Lappy9000
2009-04-25, 09:21 AM
Well, I'm glad I did a print-to-PDF before this happened....Oh, and there'll probably be a .pdf of all the completed stuff. I'll likely do one for each version. Thanks for jogging mah memory, Waspinator.

Waspinator
2009-06-11, 04:47 PM
Well, it's June. Any news?

Lappy9000
2009-06-11, 09:24 PM
Well, it's June. Any news?You dirty little weasel; ruining my surprise reveal :smallbiggrin:
Dang, I thought the hint in my "Location" was too obvious....
Nah, I jest, but couldn't you have waited 3 more days? :smallwink:

Zeta Kai
2009-06-11, 09:51 PM
He was just trying to stave off threadomancy. :smallwink:

Roland St. Jude
2009-06-11, 10:11 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Lappy9000 asked me to close this one. He'll be opening a new one soon to continue this discussion.