PDA

View Full Version : Why does my thingie say "Halfling in the playground"? I love Pixies!

celestialkin
2008-08-19, 07:49 AM
Why did you take my beautiful fey name away? Does it rotate or something?

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-19, 07:51 AM
Why did you take my beautiful fey name away? Does it rotate or something?
It changes depending on the amount of posts. Doesn't really mean anything, just for fun.

celestialkin
2008-08-19, 07:55 AM
But I like Pixies. :smallfrown:

AKA_Bait
2008-08-19, 08:41 AM
Alas, we all have to get bigger sometime. As Vorpal said, it doesn't really mean anything and it's all just in fun.

Zeta Kai
2008-08-19, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure if I'm breaking geis, but I'll say this: Pixie = 0-49 posts. Halfling = 50-99 posts. For various reasons, prolonged discussion concerning post rankings is discouraged on this forum. The ranks don't really mean anything, as everyone is ostensibly equal here. Some people look still see it as Pixie=Noob, but that's a gross simplification (especially considering many long-time members of the WotC/Gleemax boards are ending up as refugee-pixies here).

celestialkin
2008-08-19, 08:53 AM
(especially considering many long-time members of the WotC/Gleemax boards are ending up as refugee-pixies here).

*Raises hand*

AKA_Bait
2008-08-19, 08:53 AM
The ranks don't really mean anything, as everyone is ostensibly equal here. Some people look still see it as Pixie=Noob, but that's a gross simplification (especially considering many long-time members of the WotC/Gleemax boards are ending up as refugee-pixies here).

It's also a simplifcation because amount of time posting on a message board has literally no correlation with knowledge in any particular subject area.

Ok, I'm going to stop talking about this now.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure if I'm breaking geis, but I'll say this: Pixie = 0-49 posts. Halfling = 50-99 posts. For various reasons, prolonged discussion concerning post rankings is discouraged on this forum. The ranks don't really mean anything, as everyone is ostensibly equal here. Some people look still see it as Pixie=Noob, but that's a gross simplification (especially considering many long-time members of the WotC/Gleemax boards are ending up as refugee-pixies here).
Not to mention the people on the SMBG boards where you posts don't count to post count.....

*leaves thread and discussion*

Ego Slayer
2008-08-19, 09:51 AM
Guise, guise.... why do I always have to link this? :P Srsly, bookmark it.

Celestial, go read here... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) and ye shall gaineth knowledge.

celestialkin
2008-08-19, 10:00 AM

Celestial, go read here... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) and ye shall gaineth knowledge.

Thank you, and sorry. I should have read a bit more before posting.

However, is it allowed to ask why there are no elves or kobolds on that list? :smallsmile:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-19, 10:03 AM
Because usually elves are immortal and the only true immortals here are the giant and his moderators.

Because Kobolds have their own group, but its secret I think.

skywalker
2008-08-19, 10:37 AM
@^ It's also kind of a... progression of larger and larger monsters, and all the ones after Bugbear are Giantkin... Hmmm, I wonder if there could be some kind of clever joke here?

Because there's always someone like you who crops up to post it?

Roland St. Jude
2008-08-19, 10:48 AM

The slayer of egos sayeth sooth. Yon link bears true knowledge on the subject. Further more can be said not. Threadth Locketh. :smallwink: