PDA

View Full Version : An Acolyte's Dream (DarkHeresy)

zergling001
2008-08-19, 10:27 AM
Flanked by ten guards, you all enter a dark shady room. In the middle of the room sits a desk with a man clad in robes sitting at it, scribbling in a little book. As you enter, his head flicks up quickly.
"Ah, the freshmen have arrived. Welcome to one of the most honorable jobs in the Imperium of man. As to whom I am, you are looking at Inquistioner Magnus Halbercht. Now, let's start easy. You can start by raiding this warehouse somewhere on Solomon. It's called Transpo-centra. Your job is to capture the leader of that warehouse-as in break into his office and arrest, not kill, arrest-and shut down the computers controlling the warehouse machines. Since this place transports weapons, you are to use caution. Recon shows that there are about fifty guards guarding the warehouse. Since you have a few people among you who aren't completely retarded, you can find your own way into it, how to shut it down, how to survive being shot at by 50 guards, and so on. Now get out of my room, your ship is waiting in hangar 2125. ETA is about two hours. Oh, and it's also your mission not to destroy anything. These products can prove very useful to the Inquisition. Come back with that man, or else don’t come back at all. Dismissed."

The guards lead you all out of the room and into the hangar, where a large craft is sitting and being loaded with crates. The guards bring you to the cafeteria and sit you down.
"Good luck to you unlucky fools. The last three squads were completely wiped out. You'll be next," The guards leave the cafeteria laughing and their laughs disappear as the hangar bay opens and the door closes. The ship hums, and leaves the hangar bay.

After about hour, screams are heard from the cargo hold. A man runs into the cafeteria clutching his neck. He drops to the floor, writhing in pain and then became silent. As he died, several men enter the room with shotguns. They began barring the door, jamming it with anything they could find. Then, they flip a table and point their weapons towards the door. (initiative everyone :) ) And you can do one post of what your characters want to do)

Rayzin
2008-08-19, 10:48 AM
[roll0]
God Damnit, why cant we ever talk about things?
Taking out his stub revolver Alaric then to pushes over one of the tables attempting to create a makeshift cover for the other acolytes and himself.

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-19, 02:18 PM
[roll0]

"By the Emperor, can't I have just one uneventful trip."
Zureal unshoulders his Lasgun and braces it against the edge of the table.

Cheesegear
2008-08-19, 04:10 PM
"Of course, you know, those other guards couldn'tve stuck around to help us, right? Yeah...Figures." said Jak as he crouched behind a table and followed the example of the other guards, and aimed his Autogun at the door.

"Who else wants to know what's in these crates? Just me?"

Initiative: [roll0]

Cheesegear
2008-08-19, 04:12 PM
Grumble Grumble stupid roller...

Surrealistik
2008-08-19, 10:57 PM
Initiative: 4
Reserved action: Spasm on entering Enemy: [roll0] vs 7

Xavius' eyes narrow like dagger points at the door in silent menace from behind the wanting cover of a rough hewn table to the right of the main group, his expression as edged and vicious as the fatal blade of a Moritat. The air seems to waver slightly about the Psyker as he enters a peculiar meditation, his pointed gaze never once deviating from the barricaded portal. Suddenly he is gone, a twin image of the vanished Sanctionite spontaneously appearing approximately ten meters closer to the door in the open, further off to the right.

((The first Goon to enter before Xavius' next turn must test WP and succeed or fire on the nearest creature, probably a friendly, then fall down. Xavius is also under the effect of Distort Vision, and is invisible until his next turn, an illusory copy of him appearing 10 meters in front and to his left))

Voth
2008-08-19, 11:10 PM
Victor

Grabbing his shotgun from the holster strapped across his back, Victor aims his shotgun at the door, waiting.

Free Action: Draw Weapon (Shotgun)
Half Action: Aim Weapon (Shotgun)
Half Action: Delay

When the first enemy breaks through the door, Victor will fire off a shot from his shotgun.

zergling001
2008-08-20, 03:30 AM
The door begins to shake as the unknown horror began to batter it down. The men ready their shotguns and move closer to the door, just as the PA sounds.

"We're being attacked! All personnel capable of weilding a weapon must report to the armoury and fall back towards the control room at once. Don't allow anything close to the armoury or we won't have any weapons. Make haste, for in five minutes, the entire ship will be quarantined and will have no power to all rooms other than the control room. May the Emperor protect you."

The guards step back from the door and fire a few rounds towards it, puncturing a few holes. The guards yelled in horror as they saw the monstrosity behind it, wishing they hadn't seen anything. The guards look towards the acolytes, arms shaking and begin in a shaky voice,

"We know the way to the armoury and the control room! Protect us please! we don't want to die!"

The door is battered down as three, four armed aliens leaped into the room, and charged towards the guards and acolytes, who stood no more than eight metres of them.

The unlucky aliens are caught between a barrage of fire from the acolytes and guards and they charge towards Xavius' false image,flailing their arms. As they run blindley towards the psyker's image, Jak fires towards the closest one, ripping off one of it's arms, (which drop to the floor) and hitting it's body.

Due to Xavius' spasm, the alien Jak just shot begins to attack its unsuspecting companion, ripping it's arm off in four swipes with its claws.

(Go Everyone)

Rayzin
2008-08-20, 09:16 AM
Throne protect us! What the hell are those things?
Alaric holds onto his Aquila necklace while aiming, praying to the Emperor before firing his revolver. The shot misses completely and his gun jams, Alaric drops his revolver and takes out his mono sword, turning his attention to the guards((since I'm completely useless....))
Where is the control room, guard? And no man that dies in the Emperor’s service dies in vain, get yourself together.

1 attack, 1 move
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Surrealistik
2008-08-20, 09:18 AM
Distort Vision: [roll0] vs 8
Spasm on the closest alien in striking distance of another: [roll1] vs 7
Spasm on the alien beside it: [roll2] vs 7

Without a word, Xavius unleashes another horrific torrent of psychic energy at two of the hapless opposition, a malevolent grin upon his ethereal countinence as the salvo of power confuses their eyesight and impells their muscles to another shock of terrible spasms whilst the psyker's illusory copy is maintained, mirroring his vicious expression. Such is the puissance of the psychic onslaught that the injured Xeno of their number is again seized by a wracking mutiny of its body ((If it's standing, otherwise the Difficulty of the 1st Spasm test increases by 10)).

If the shot Xeno is standing, each Xeno must test WP or attack the closest target, then fall. Otherwise, the two Xenos closest to the illusory image must test WP, and the first test is at a +10 penalty. Distort Vision remains in effect.

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-20, 11:04 AM
Zuriel lets out a short burst of energy from his lasgun, striking one of the xenos square in the chest.

[roll0] against 54 (44 BS +10 for semi auto burst)

Hit is against one of the xenos that has not yet been hit

zergling001
2008-08-20, 11:10 AM
Don't forget to roll damage with your attack rolls people. Its easier than posting twice. And it doesnt matter if you missed, you still roll damage. Like this:

Attack [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Where it hit: arm

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-20, 11:12 AM
Sorry about that, he is my damage now, i'll include it in the future.

[roll0]

Voth
2008-08-20, 11:12 AM
Victor

"In the name of the Emperor and his Holy Inquisition I condemn thy to death!" Victor shouts as he unleashes another blast from his shot gun at the closing xeno scum.

Half Action: Aim
Half Action: Attack
BS Test:[/ROLL]1d100[/ROLL] Need 64 or if close enough 84.

Voth
2008-08-20, 11:13 AM
Crap stupid roller.

BS Test:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

If they are within point blank thats a head shot

zergling001
2008-08-20, 11:30 AM
The xenos charge towards their compatriot, with Xavius' spasm apparently having an effect on them. They rip apart their ally in a few swipes before falling to the ground, roaring and howling as they throw a terrible spasm. Zuriel and Victor both fire at the xenos, hitting them both as their rounds go right through their bodies. And to boot, the Imperial guards have begun to pump the xenos full of shotgun rounds. In a couple seconds, the conflict ended as soon as it had begun.

The guard wipes the sweat off his brow and salutes towards Alaric,
"Yes sir, I have stepped out of line. it shan't happen again! I should have had better faith with the emperor!"

The others follow suit and pull out two dataslates. One contains a map, the other a list of the weapons in the armoury. The guards punch a few buttons on the map and wait as the dataslate begins to beep. A smooth voice begins from each data slate:

Dataslate 1: Calculating position... position confirmed: Excrebus Amorius' East cafeteria. Beginning to list out routes towards the armoury and control room...

The Excrebus Amorius is connected by a series of hallways and rooms. Leaving the cafeteria will lead you to the main hallway. Turn right and proceed forward until a large blast door is in sight. Type in passcode 2046 and enter. This shall be the armoury. Details to the control room will be relayed once at destination.

Dataslate 2: Accessing the Excrebus Amorius' military database...
Access granted.

The Excrebus Amorius' armoury has a small variety of weapons, most of them las and solid projectile weapons.

Listing out all weapons:
3 las pistols
5 autopistols
3 stub revolvers
5 combat shotguns

Voth
2008-08-20, 11:35 AM
Victor

"Right! Lets get moving. I don't wan to be caught out here with these things." Victor says as he makes his way to the door, reloading his shotgun as he moves.

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-20, 12:01 PM
With his lasgun leveled in front of him, Zuriel begins to move down the hallway. As he comes to the junction with the main passageway he steps out to keep everyone covered as they pass towards the armory.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-20, 01:31 PM
Gunfire can be heard from the direction of the armoury. It would seem that the silent man who was with them earlier got there first, only to find that there were some Xenos in the way. He's taken cover near the armoury door, and is snapping off shots at the Xenos with an antique hunting rifle.

Sorry bout the wait. I'll be taking the time to aim here, so that's an extra ten on my chances to hit, plus another ten for being an accurate weapon and a further ten for the laser sight. meaning anything under 73 is golden. Now let's see if I remember how to use the forum roller.

[roll0] To hit
[roll1] Where to hit
[roll2] Damage.

Surrealistik
2008-08-20, 03:16 PM
Xavius gladly takes a position at the centre of the formation moving towards the armoury, his tattered black cloak billowing silently in the traversal, eyes skitting rapidly about the area, alert and vigilant before suddenly closing as the psyker enters what seems a standing meditation.

[roll0] vs 52 Psyscience to detect psychic phenomena/psychically active creatures.

[roll1] vs 52 Psyscience to detect nearby hidden creatures.

Cheesegear
2008-08-20, 04:42 PM
"I really want to know what's in these crates." Jak said manically. As he got up from behind the table. Jak was one of the last ones to leave the room.

Taking a rear position, Jak walks backwards with his Autogun drawn on the corridor behind them.

If I need it;
Awareness: [roll0] vs. 50

Rayzin
2008-08-21, 12:05 AM
Alaric walks near the back preaching zealously to the guards but actually trying to nudge the direction of the conversation into the subject of the aliens. He tries to pry out whatever the guards know with an inquiry check.
[roll0] Needs to be under 50!!
This will only work if i have a few minutes and could be cut down by how many degrees of sucess? its up to you.

zergling001
2008-08-21, 12:35 AM
The guards shake their heads towards Alaric as they hurry towards the armoury,
"We're just guards. We don't know anything much other than waht's in those crates. What's in those crates you say? Well, they're some data slates, techno stuff. Nothing much important. But, there are some books there too, being shipped to Transpo Centra. Sorry sir, that's all I know."

As the acolytes arrive at the armoury, they meet Asanti, who had left the room earlier, firing at the incoming xenos. Around him are thirteen men, eight still alive, and five lying on the ground, missing arms, legs, and more. Asanti fires at a xeno, hitting in the leg, sending blood streaming out of the wound. Xavius concentrates hard as he attempts to channel the powers of the warp but fails as the warp closes on him unexpectantly.

Looking towards the Xenos, the acolytes spot five xenos, each in the proccess of ripping a guard to pieces. The guards fire at them, hitting each one in the arm and body, sending chitinous plates and flesh flying.

(initiative and turns people)

Voth
2008-08-21, 12:43 AM
Victor

Running to the closest Xeno, Victor brings his shotgun to the creature's head and pulls the trigger.

Surrealistik
2008-08-21, 01:21 AM
Distort Vision: [roll1] vs 8
Spasm on closest Xeno: [roll2] vs 7
Spasm on next closest Xeno: [roll3] vs 7

Attempting to focus his thoughts with an swift invocational chant, Xavius lashes out at the two closest Xeno scum, though his power fizzles, mind clearly perturbed by the surprising scene, his concentration momentarily shattered.

Cheesegear
2008-08-21, 01:29 AM
Half Action: Move into doorway
Other Half: Shoot
To Hit: [roll1] vs. 53 (43+10 Short Range)

HitLoc: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Jak enters the room and levels his autogun at one of the aliens and fires a shot at one of them. They all look the same to him.

zergling001
2008-08-21, 06:25 AM
As Victor fires, the xeno makes no attempt of dodging his shells, instead ripping the guard he was attacking in half. It's head blows up, sending blood, brains and flesh in every direction. Victor attempts to dodge the blood (Agility test dude) to avoid it getting into his eyes.

Xavius attempts to manifest three powers and fails epiclly, failing each and every single one of the manifestations.

Jak fires his auto gun in hopes of hitting a xeno but his burst of fire misses his target, instead hitting one of the guards being attacked by the xeno, ending the pain he was going through. His lifeless body drops to the floor in a pool of blood.

The guards proceed to open the door, firing at the xenos from behind Asanti while typing the pass code. The door hisses as it opens, revealing a squad of five stormtroopers, suiting up and arming up with shotguns. They look towards the blast door, and storm out it, yelling to the acolytes,
"They need you at the control room! We'll deal with this one." With that, the storm troopers charge towards the incoming xenos, firing their shot guns as they ran.

The guards gesture to the acolytes and arm up. Then, they leave the armoury and turn towards the control room.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-21, 08:23 AM
Asanti nods and shoulders his rifle. There was little he needed from the armoury, but an extra power pack or two for his laspistol wouldn't go amiss. If they don't have those, he'll have to settle for what he's got with him, following the others as they head to the control room.

Surrealistik
2008-08-21, 10:32 AM
Finally, some proper armaments. A shame there's no body armour to substitute for my rags...

Wordlessly, Xavius picks out and loads an autopistol, las pistol and combat shotgun with surprising haste, securing the armaments to the straps and holsters situated around the circumference of his robe's utility belt. He then quickly flits about scrounging enough ammunition for 6 reloads of each weapon, distributing the cache amongst the manyfold pouches ringing his waist. Finally, prior to leaving for the control centre, the psyker neatly draws his newly acquired machine pistol, deactivating the safety with an ominous click that faintly echos throughout the tense ambiance of the armoury. Relatively unprotected and vulnerable, Xavius is careful to remain behind his more armoured companions as they march ahead.

Voth
2008-08-21, 01:04 PM
Victor

Grabbing one of the combat shotguns in the armory, Victor quickly loads it up and continues to the control room.

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-21, 03:17 PM
Zuriel tosses one of the guards his pump action shotgun and takes up a combat shotgun. "Now this is what I call a weapon," he says as he fills it with ammo and collects additional ammo. When he is done he begins to move towards the corridor leading to the command center.

Rayzin
2008-08-21, 11:57 PM
Alaric quickly grabs a handful of rounds for his revolver and another revolver. Alaric gestures for the guards to lead the way towards the command center.
Can we get a move on it please?

zergling001
2008-08-22, 02:39 AM
The guards lead the acolytes towards the Control room but as they arrive at the control room, the signs of a fight were apparent. On the ceiling, were the vents with a few plates ripped apart. Twenty guards and other crew members lay on the floor, either dead or dying.

"Looks like they came through the vents those buggers. How horrible," A guard says as they walk past the carnage. They kneel and begin to strip the bodies of their armor and ammunition.

(Players can post what they want to do ex. salvage weapons, armor, ect, and also must roll initiative and make a perception check(awareness), and a psyniscience for detecting psionics for Xavius the psyker).

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-22, 07:49 AM
Asanti stands back and looks around. It was not his way to strip the corpses of the fallen for supplies, especially not if they were killed by something other than him.

Ok, so rolling...
[roll0] for Awareness, which I have trained. I need 32 or less to pass if this isn't sight based, and 42 or less if it is. Heightened senses, y'know.

and [roll1] for initiative.

Cheesegear
2008-08-22, 07:58 AM
Jak searches the dying guards, for any pieces of usable armour that he might be able to salvage. "What? It's not like they need it..." Jak adds as one of the guardsmen looks at him.
That done, Jak searches the control room for any sort of communications device, or any piece of circuitry that he might be able to sell later. Scavengers have to make a living, and, as what the Inquisition like to call an 'indentured servant' (although, Jak usually heard that as 'prisoner' or 'slave'), the Inquisition hardly ever paid Jak anything. Jak had to make his own way.

Awareness: [roll0] vs. 50
Search: [roll1] vs. 20

Initiative: [roll2]

Rayzin
2008-08-22, 09:26 AM
Alaric looks around. He immediately moves a few large heavy objects to block the doors. He also looks around for a computer if there is one.
"Hey guards, anyway we can close the ships vents? Also we need those doors sealed."

[roll0]
[roll=Initiative]1d10+4[roll]<<<< Failed to actually roll, look in OOC thread ill put another post there.

If i can i will fiddle around with a computer in an attempt to seal off doors or the vents, i have tech use.
[roll1]Needs to be under 29+ any modifiers.

zergling001
2008-08-22, 10:02 AM
The dying guard groans as Jak searches the body, finding a piece of battered a battered bodypiece of flak armor.(AP -1 though) A guard tells Jak to stop after he retrieves the body piece.
"Sir, with all due respect, that man is still alive. You should ease off on him. anyway, this control room is too quiet. Something's wrong."

Asanti stands motionless at the back of the group, watching disgusted at Jak.

Alaric enters the control room, finding a main computer with dried up blood all over it. Accessing the blast doors, he closes them. As well, Alaric shuts down the vents, which hiss before sputtering dead. Meanwhile, Alaric heats something above him, in the vents. Something heavy. Claws clanking on the metal plates of the vent. And fresh blood, dripping from the plates.

(alright, go everyone, AND surprise round for Ray and Surrealistik, as the xenos don't know they are aware.)

Surrealistik
2008-08-22, 10:55 AM
((Wait, can I get my psyniscience and awareness checks for a surprise round?))

Paying respect to the dying and injured, Xavius takes careful precaution to restrict his scavenging to the dead, confirming that eternal status by dutifully checking for psychic eminations. Life may indeed be cheap in the body of the Imperium, but he was nothing if not a compassionate man, firm and resolute in the belief that all earnest servants of the God Emperor deserved the utmost dignity and respect, especially those given to sacrifice. He was loathe even to loot the fallen, though prudence and circumstance sadly compelled as much of him, and he was not above (or beneath for that matter) the persuasions of reason. He looks especially hard for some form of armour to substitute for his cloth vestments, though is keen to procure as much useful gear as he can comfortably manage to carry.

As the group approaches the control room, having equipped and prepped whatever salvage he was able to recover, the psyker is suddenly assaulted by a forboding feeling, menace sitting heavy in the blood scented air, danger almost palpable to his extradimensional senses. He closes his eyes, and reaches out to the perturbations of the warp, attempting to gauge the nature and size of the unseen threat.

Rolls:
Psyniscience check to detect psychic creatures/phenomena: [roll0] vs 33
Psyniscience check to detect hidden creatures: [roll1] vs 33
Awareness check: [roll2] vs 17
Initiative: [roll3]
Distort Vision: [roll4] vs 8
Reserve action: Spasm on closest Xeno: [roll5] vs 7

Surprise Round:

His fears having been all but ascertained, the Sanctionite braces on one knee, his autopistol aimed squarely at the dripping ceiling vents as he squeezes off a shot. As the dying echo of the bullet circulates throughout the control room, Xavius relegates himself to more familiar actions, striking a pose of utter concentration as the machinations of the Warp blur the space around him, wiping all visual proof of his existance, only to later project his own renewed image into the vents above.

Following Round:

Full-Auto burst and Distort Vision rolls made in Roll thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4763470#post4763470)

His image serving to keep the Xenos distracted, Xavius winces momentarily to maintain his illusory double, before unleashing a roaring torrent of bullets at the concealed aliens, several striking their mark as otherwordly shrieks issue from beyond the perforated, bloodsoaked metal.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-22, 11:13 AM
At the first sign of trouble, Asanti draws his laspistol and cracks off a shot at the nearest hostile. He's beginning to hate this ship, and very much wants to be back on solid ground.

Close quarters here, and the rifle is more of a long range weapon. The pistol will have to do.

[roll0] need less than 43, unless I have time to aim with a half action. Then it's 53.

[roll1] compact weapon, so only +1 to damage.

Rayzin
2008-08-22, 02:55 PM
Unable to think of any practical way of fighting them while there in the vents. Alaric pulls out his chainsword and climbs onto the console.
"Get ready to shoot!"
He yells before activating the chainsword and trying to rip open a hole big enough to actually shoot through and hopefully to small for the aliens to fit through.
-------------------------------------------------
Alaric deactivates his chainsword and then runs back. Once he reaches the safety of the other acolytes he throws down his chainsword ripping off one of the dead guards belt looking for something a grenade or something.

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-22, 03:50 PM
Zuriel aims his combat shotgun on the spot Alaric rips open, ready to unleash a torrent of shellfire on the first inhuman thing to appear in the opening.

Sorry about the lateness of my rolls.

[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] against 32 for Perception

Voth
2008-08-22, 04:11 PM
Victor

Aiming at the now opened spot in the vents, Victor waits to fire until he sees his target.

zergling001
2008-08-23, 12:30 PM
As Alaric cuts through the vent, a xeno leaps out, cutting the vent to shreds. but this one was different. It had two arms only, but on it's back were two scythes. As well, this xeno had a tail with a spine on the tip.

It dodges Xavius' single round and proceeds towards him. A true terror, the xeno shrugs off the spasm and apparently is not affected by Xavius' illusory image. The xeno is then fired upon, dodging two of the three shots fired at it. As the autopistol round hits the xeno, it punctures its plates and into it's body. As Xavius concentrates, the air around him fizzles as he senses a small usage of psychic abilities before the warp closes on him. He has suceeded only in finding out if warp was used, but not where or when it was used.

Asanti fires, completley missing the xeno and hitting a panel, which hisses. his round ricochets off the panel, hitting the main computers keyboard, rendering a few buttons useless.

Alaric finds that the belt is surprisingly heavy. Inside are a krak grenade and five clips of autopistol rounds. His chainsword sputters before completely deactivating,

Victor fires his shotgun at the xeno, hitting it in the already hit body. (roll damage too, please dont forget to do that with the attack roll, even if it doesnt hit-Destro, keep up what you're doing-youre my example)

Zuriel fires his new found weapon (BUT, I have no idea if you even hit the xeno, and if you did, how much damage you did, so I'll have to edit this post later).

The guards yell in surprise and fire their weapons at the xeno, hitting it twice in the leg and once in the arm.
"What in the world are these things? Better yet, where's the captain of the ship? Oh, throne protect us!"

The xeno looks towards Xavius, then to Alaric. Seeming to pick it's target, the xeno charges straight towards Alaric roaring in pure anger.
(Ray, make two reactions, and if you want, fate, and anything you want)
The xeno attacks three times, twice with it's two arms, and once with its tail.

Surrealistik
2008-08-23, 01:43 PM
Rolls:
Distort Vision: [roll0] vs 8
Full Auto Burst at point blank range: [roll1] vs 83
Damage on any hits will be rolled in the roll thread

Remaining poised and braced, his expression maintaining a veneer of calm, the psyker again pauses momentarily to maintain his concealment before blasting the Xeno with another deadly point blank spray of lead, the barrel of his autopistol becoming hot with the repeated discharges, a thin wisp of smoke issuing from the end as his burst concludes. When at last the thundering weapon settles, Xavius seems to look about as though addled, confused, and not quite himself...

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-23, 03:56 PM
My bad again, still catching up to the speed for this game.

[roll0] against 74 to hit (44BS +10 for semi-auto burst and +20 for full round aim)
[roll1] damage
Hit the left arm with a second hit to the arm again for over 2 degrees of success

Rayzin
2008-08-23, 05:13 PM
Alaric looks around before pulling the pin on the grenade.
"For the Emperor!"
Alaric yells before the alien reaches him. He waits to the last moment, only throwing the belt once the aliens about to attack. Desperately he tries to jump out of the way.

Ummm... to hit with the grenade
[roll0] point blank please? or an instant hit XD
if i fail i'll spend a fate point and ill post that in OOC
[roll1] need under 30 -/+ modifiers

Cheesegear
2008-08-23, 06:31 PM
Semi-Auto Burst: [roll0] vs. 63, if there's a size modifier, add that too.
HitLoc 1: [roll1]
HitLoc 2: [roll2]
HitLoc 3: [roll3]

Damage 1: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]
Damage 3: [roll6]

Weapon Jam!

"What in the Void is that!? Jak yells as he opens fire on the montrosity. Until, he hears the ominous click that tells Jak that his autogun isn't working.
"Damn!"

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-23, 09:56 PM
Stop talking and fight. It figures that the first thing Asanti says to anyone is a reprimand. The large dark man is not at all the friendly type. For his part he's still cracking off shots at the Xenos, though his laspistol doesn't hold much ammo.

definitely aiming this time, so...

53 and under will hit and do...
[roll]1s10+1 damage.

blast it, missed again. I need a laser sight on this thing. Won't bother fixing the damage roll, cause it missed anyways...

Voth
2008-08-24, 01:10 AM
Victor
Damage from previous round:[ROLL}1d10+4[/ROLL]

"In his glorious name we shall not fall!" Victor yells as he charges forwards with his combat shotgun and puts it against the xeno's head. "Foul creature of the warp!" Victor crys out as he pulls the trigger.

BS Test:[roll0]<74
2 Degrees:[roll2]
4 Degrees:[roll3]

zergling001
2008-08-26, 12:42 PM
As Alaric throws the grenade, it hits the large xeno, ripping apart a limb, and to boot, Victor has run up to the alien, putting the shotgun to it's head. Asanti has just missed the xeno, but Victor has a clear hit, and blows the xenos head off, sending a shower of blood and ooze in every direction

(God, I hate that shotgun of yours)

the guards scream as the blood flies into their eyes and clothes.
"MY EYESSSSS!".

They stumble around, firing their shotguns randomly towards the surrounding area. a few shells hit a wall, which turns out to be a door. As the guards recover, they stare down and through the door. As they do so, a bolt of fire hits one of them in the chest.

A man dressed in chain coat walks out with two squads of stormtroopers, preparing to fire again.

"DIE IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR! Stupid Xeno...wait-who the hell are you guys?"

The guards stumble backwards in surprise. Then they salute.

"guards sir. and a few inquisitioners. Sorry for the surprise captain."

The captain looks towards Xavius, clearly noticing the power of the warp within him.

"I'm going to need you boy. And all of you, but especially you."

Voth
2008-08-26, 01:00 PM
Victor

Victor, covered in the brain matter of not one but two xenos salutes the captain. "In his glorious name I shall help in whatever way I can, sir!"

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-26, 03:37 PM
Zuriel quickly stands at attention as the captain enters the command center. He then begins to clean his weapons and himself, while reciting a portion of the Imperial Creed to himself, "Mankind stands upon the brink; on the one hand lies a realm of unimaginable power, on the other awaits darkness, death and utter damnation. Only those that follow the guiding light of the Emperor may save their souls." When he finishes he reloads his combat shotgun and addresses the captain, "Is there a need for us to do a sweep of the ship for additional xenos, sir?

Rayzin
2008-08-26, 03:45 PM
Alaric looks around the room, he also grabs another krak grenade from the belt of a dead guard.

Cheesegear
2008-08-26, 04:50 PM
Jak unjams his weapon, but, otherwise stays quiet.

Surrealistik
2008-08-26, 05:18 PM
((Going to assume the mind swap wore off))

Xavius offers the Captain a terse bow and salute, mind and motions alike still jittery and unsettled with the fresh, turbid memory of his Warpspawned trauma.

"It will be both my pleasure and honour to serve good Captain. What would you ask of this humble Sanctionite?"

Rayzin
2008-08-26, 06:06 PM
Alaric realises the captains there and drops the looted grenade quickly.

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-26, 11:22 PM
Asanti simply nods and holsters his pistol. They all served as best they could, and he was no different.

zergling001
2008-08-28, 12:04 PM
the captain smiles at the acolytes determination. Then his face hardens up again.

"Sanctionate, I require you the most because of a reason. You are the only man alive on this ship that has the power of the warp. I will need you to help us navigate this ship, testing your power. 3 times we will require your strength and help. are you up to the job? (This means Xavius has to succeed 3 psyniscience checks with a +10 bonus because of renewed faith in the emperor and captain and the will to live of course...dont worry, he can still make usual turns)'
'As well, I will need the rest of you to keep guard. Cleric, you must strengthen the minds and hearts of everyone here.(Fellowship tests every round of battle...+10)'
'As for the rest of you, duty calls. You shall bolster the ranks of my guards. Get ready. I sense they are near."

The captain pulls out a powersword and moves to a room. within minutes, he returns, dressed in power armour. He nods to his guards, who begin barring doors with anything they could find. Then, they stand, weapons at the ready towards them, praying to the emperor that nothing would happen.

(Players make a few posts-and Alaric and Xavius, make your first tests.)

Destro_Yersul
2008-08-28, 01:02 PM
Asanti spends a few moments quietly admiring the captain's power sword. That was the sort of weapon that one did not see often, and the craftsmanship is, no doubt, something to respect.

His face remains expressionless, however, and after that brief pause he simply unslings his rifle and checks how many rounds were left. There are three. That ought to do it. Trusting in his better than average eyesight to keep him appraised of any new threats, he takes up a guarding position near Xavius.

Surrealistik
2008-08-28, 02:08 PM
Xavius nods to the officer.

"As you will it good Captain. In the name of the Emperor, I shall strive to deliver your ship unto salvation."

Complying with a bow and salute, the psyker enters a pensive, focused meditation, gathering the myriad perturbations of the warp unto himself, his mind straining to contact the blessed Astronomicon; guiding light of the God Emperor, holy unifier of man and binder of the Imperium.

Rolls:

Psyniscience Check: [roll0] vs 43

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-08-28, 02:13 PM
Zuriel salutes sharply to the captain, then he takes up a position with the stormtroopers. With his combat shotgun at the ready he aims for the doorway, ready to unload round after round into any xeno that shows itself.

Cheesegear
2008-08-28, 07:13 PM
Jak readies his autogun. "What exactly is in this facility? Somebody should probably tell us. Considering what we're doing." Jak says to nobody in particular.

"Why in the Void have xenos come here." then he shuddered "...Or...What if they're from inside?"

Voth
2008-08-28, 07:28 PM
Victor

Readying his shotgun, awaits the xenos scum.

Surrealistik
2008-08-30, 12:04 PM
Shaking his head in frustration at his failure, Xavius replenishes the clip of his readied autopistol, crouching behind whatever cover presents itself, weapon braced to fire another torrent of metal. With little left to do but wait, the vigilant psyker begins sweeping his firearm repeatedly across the entrances, wary for the approach of any Xenos.

Initiative:
Reserved Action, Spasm: [roll]1d10 + 5

zergling001
2008-08-31, 02:45 PM
The captain stares at Xavius, shaking his head.

"Man, you MUST complete the two others or we shall never reach the destination. Do you hear me? We're stuck here if you fail. We shall run out of ammunition and die with our brothers. That's what'll happen."

While he speaks, Xavius feels a little paranoid and shivers.(Psyniscience, awareness, and initiative everyone) The stormtroopers look around, to hear the door being battered from the outside. The captain stands next to the control panel with a squad of stromtroopers. The other squad flips over a few tables for cover. Each readies a grenade, ready to throw at whatever comes through the door.

Surrealistik
2008-08-31, 03:25 PM
Xavius responds to the reprimand with a pained grimace.

"Rest assured, I am doing my best good Captain. This work is trying for a neophyte such as myself, and I may only attempt it at periodic intervals."

((I'm assuming I can only attempt a check once per round, say otherwise if this isn't the case))

Ignoring the sudden clamor of preparation and battle-readiness around him, the vexed psyker gathers his inner strength for another attempt, summoning every reserve of spiritual fortitude.

Psyniscience [roll0] vs 43

"Yes... I can sense its blessed guidance. Captain, I have touched upon the Astronomicon..."

Cheesegear
2008-09-01, 02:45 AM
Awareness: [roll0] vs. 50 (+/- Modifiers)
Initiative: [roll1]

Jak has an uneasy feeling as he eases his autogun into his hands, flexing his fingers to ease his nevers.
"Seriously. Somebody tell me what's going on!"

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-09-01, 09:44 AM
[roll0] vs 32 Perception
[roll1] Initiative

Zuriel steadies his combat shotgun, aimed straight for the hatch. "The foolish man puts his trust in luck, the wise man puts his trust in the Emperor."

Voth
2008-09-01, 11:29 AM
Victor

"The Emperor helps those who help themselves." Victor says as he raises his shotgun.

Perception:[roll0] vs 29
Initiative:[roll1]

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-01, 09:52 PM
Asanti has no comforting platitudes to share. At least, none anyone else would understand. All of his are in his native language, and he never bothered to translate them. So instead he simply says Avhal sine, sevar imne. He's speaking almost too quietly for anyone else to pick up on, but for anyone who wants to bother it roughly translates to 'hold your aim, don't miss.'

perception [roll0] vs. 32, or 42 if it's sight based.
initiative [roll1]

zergling001
2008-09-04, 05:22 PM
The door flies open and entering are five xenos, all charging towards the nearest enemies-the stormtroopers. The frightened men throw their grenades too far in their fright missing their target. But, as if fate wanted it to hit something, the grenades struck a group of smaller xenos behind the six armed xenos. The captain stood still, monitering the ships controls. His squad stood motionless as they watched a xeno rip apart a stormtrooper.

(OK, go everyone. Assume rayzin is still in this-ill send a pm to see if he can still play. And Xavius has to make a psyniscience check.)

Cheesegear
2008-09-04, 06:50 PM
Jak lets loose with his autogun firing his snapshots into the the bizarre mix of the xenos.

Semi-Auto Burst +10 BS, Close Range +10 BS
To Hit: [roll0] vs. 63

Fantastic miss.

Surrealistik
2008-09-04, 06:58 PM
Mind attuned to the holy essence of the Astronomicon, Xavius attempts to further his ethereal immersion; strains to decipher amongst the myriad paths and psychic contours he perceives, that which shall deliver his vessel to safety. The work is trying, arduous, vast sums of scourging mental effort readily visible on the Sanctionite's contorted features.

Psyniscience Check: [roll0] vs 43

His resolve drained for the moment, the Psyker opens his eyes to tend to the realities of battle, impelling another discordant wave of unseen power to torment the three closest Xenos.

Spasm #1: [roll1] vs 7
Spasm #2: [roll2] vs 7 (Overbleed)

cRySTaL*NiNjA
2008-09-05, 07:23 PM
Zuriel opens fire on the mass of xeno flesh as it enters the command center.

[roll0] against 84 (44BS +20 for full round aim +10 semi auto +10 close range)
[roll1] Damage 1
[roll2] Damage 2
[roll3] Damage 3

Rayzin
2008-09-05, 09:35 PM
Alaric aims his throw towards the aliens in front, he pulls the pin and tosses it.
[roll0]<43+/- any mods.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-05, 11:02 PM
Asanti, with his rifle already out, takes aim and snaps a shot at the closest Xenos.

[roll0] against 73 to hit, (43 BS, 10 for the sight, 10 for aiming, 10 for the accurate weapon)
[roll1] for damage.

Voth
2008-09-09, 05:51 PM
Victor

"In his holy name I slay these xenos scum!" Victor yells, taunting the xenos. Rushing forward, but making sure not to get in his allies's way, Victor fires his trusty weapon at point blank range.

BS Test:[roll0] < 74
2 Degrees: [roll2]
4 Degrees: [roll3]
6 Degrees: [roll4]

zergling001
2008-09-10, 06:29 PM
As Alaric throws the grenade, it hits a xeno, exploding upon impact. The creature explodes in a flash as blood and bones fly randomly across the room.

Asanti cracks off a shot at a xeno, hitting it but not stopping it as it continues its furious charge towards Xavius.

Xavius who had failed another of his attempts unleashes a torrent of surprise on the xenos, turning a couple on themselves. He can also feel the eyes of the captain staring at the back of his head.

Victor charges up with his shotgun, pulling the trigger. In a second, the alien is reduced to a headless piece of pulp. But during that time, the aliens blood flies and hits Victors face (Agility test to save temperorary blindness).

Zuriel fires his shotgun as well, having the same affect on the xenos, except on the arms and the torso. The xeno roars in pain as it stumbles, halting its furious charge.

Jak fires his autogun, missing completly his target.

The stormtroopers fire their weapons, covering the aliens screams with the roaring shotgun fire. Taking down a couple xenos in their shots, they cannot stop the furious assault that was upon them and soon, a few of their own fell to the ground. The captain, seeming to lose all hope in Xavius charged forward with his squad, yelling many holy words of the emperor. He cut down two xenos in two slashes with his powersword while his bodyguards fired at the xenos, killing a few more.

But the xenos kept coming and this time in more aplenty. Soon, the xenos began to take a toll on the stormtroopers and the captain. His power armor shrugged off many hits but soon he took a few slashes. His squad of ten slowly decreased to six.

(ten xenos remain, go)

Voth
2008-09-10, 09:26 PM
Victor
Agility Test:[roll0] < 29

Rushing forward, Victor makes his way to the side of the captain. "Looks like you could use some help." Victor says with a sly grin as he turns and fires once more at the closing xenos.

Cheesegear
2008-09-11, 03:32 AM
Jak lets off another round with his autogun.

Semi-Auto Burst, Aim, Short Range = +30 BS
Attack: [roll0] vs. 73.

Damage 1: [roll1]
Damage 2: [roll3]

You also may want to edit your above post Zerg, I was using my autogun, not my pistol.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-12, 07:41 AM
Asanti picks the one closest to him and fires again. Only problem is, that was the fifth shot he had chambered in his rifle, so now he'll need to reload.

[roll0] vs. 73,
[roll1] for damage.

Surrealistik
2008-09-12, 11:34 AM
Oh glorious Emperor, why burden me with the fate of this crew? My comrades? I am but a humble Sanctionite unequal to your designs.

Xavius struggles to regain his concentration and composure, knowing that there is no place for self-doubt and chastisement in the face of mortal peril. Poignant faith reasserts itself, calming the tense psyker, renewing shaken resolve, and he again holds the guiding light of the Astronomicon to the meandering paths of the warp.

"Captain, I will not fail you."

Psyniscience Test: [roll]1d100[roll] vs 43
Urgh, forgot the slash. Roll is in the roller thread.

His astrogation concluded, the Sanctionite rocks several of the newly arrived Xenos with a blast of warp borne puissance, reducing them to a mess of agonized contortions.

Spasm #1: [roll0] vs 7
Spasm #2: [roll1] vs 7

zergling001
2008-09-15, 05:29 PM
Failing his concentration, Xavius redeems himself by turining a few xenos on themselves and writhing in pain. Jak fires, with two rounds hitting the xeno, who is then shot by Asanti. (I need shots from Victor). It topples over as the guards fire their weapons at the xenos. The Captain is run over as a large xeno knocks him down. It stabs him twice, both penetrating his armour. The Captain stabs upwards with his power sword, and releases a bolt of fire towards the creature. It stumbles backwards, and is shot by the Captains guards. The Captain turns to the acolytes.
"Find the engine room and set the reactor to explode. Then go to the emergency bay and drop pod yourselves planetside. I'll clear a path for you men. Good luck men, I'll see you soon." The captain nods to his guards and the guards behind him.
"Charge! For the Emperor!"
The guards get out from their cover and charge forward, cutting down the Xenos, and also leaving a path for the acolytes to go through.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-17, 02:21 PM
Asanti takes the path left by the guards, re-loading as he goes.

Surrealistik
2008-09-18, 02:35 PM
Xavius sighs at the captain's abandonment of his efforts, thoughts turning to regret and self-contempt, knowing full and well that this failure would prove a condemnation for the brave souls manning the ship. With a heavy heart, he defers to the orders of the heroic officer, seeking to salve an anguished mind desperate for a second chance as his legs forge hesitantly onward. Upon reaching the threshold, he looks back, his expression contorted in rue, in pained, genuine empathy for those to fall.

"Captain... Forgive me. I have no consolation to offer, but the assurance that your sacrifice will not be in vain. Emperor be with you noble servant. Go to Him in defiance of the Xeno, knowing that your valour, and those of your men, shall be for all time remembered. I salute you sir."

The psyker stands at attention, conferring the final honour these brave men so well deserve before vanishing silently into the glow lit corridors.

zergling001
2008-09-22, 05:37 PM
The gunfire began to die down as the acolytes moved down the corridor. Moving along it, they get the sense that they are being watched. Up ahead of them, a group of men lay sprewn across the floor. Looking at them, they appear to be dead or dying. A man groans as he spots the acolytes. He struggles to get up, one hand in a puddle of his own blood, and the other on his neck, apparently trying to pull something out. Struggling to his feet, he leans on the wall and pulls out a las pistol.

"Are you infected? Who in the name of the Emperor are you?"

Lifting his glance from the acolytes, he quickly moves over to a dead man and pulls out a data slate and puts it in his uniform.

"Stand back! You shall not retrieve this! This information is only for Inquisitioner Helbrecht eyes to see, his mind to ponder on!"

Cheesegear
2008-09-23, 01:24 AM
Jak instinctively took a step backwards out of the room. "Infected? Infected by what!?" as he looks around now with increasing paranoia.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-23, 11:17 AM
Those things, probably. Asanti glares at the man, the slate, and his surroundings in general.

zergling001
2008-09-24, 08:16 PM
"Oh, you mean...you aren't infected? Well, that's a surprise, because for a moment, I thought you were here for me. We have to get off this ship! It's done for. There's a map in this slate. We'll blow this ship to hell and get off!"

The man staggered, then stood, appearing to be fine now. He dropped his weapon and picked up a new one- a shotgun. The man appeared to be an stormtrooper, the last man of his squad.

Leading the way, the acolytes arrive at the engine room. The reactor was surrounded by dead troops and xeno scum scattered around the room. The man spies the reactors control panel. Pulling out a small device, he quickly bypasses the security and begins to set the timer. As he does, the PA sounds:

"Emergency shutdown- Emergency shutdown. All personnel report to the hangar bay and exit via drop pod."

The voice repeats a couple times and the room's lights begin to flash red. An alarm sounds and the man looks at the acolytes.

"Alright, do what you want but make it fast. You've got five minutes to get from here to the emergency bay. That's to the left of this room. I'll see you later brothers, 'cause I'm leaving this ship now. Emperor be with you"

The man limps quickly towards the door, salutes, and runs, leaving the acolytes alone.