PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Ideas?

TruenuffTrey
2006-08-12, 08:55 PM
I'm not exactly sure where this should go but:

I'm doing a project for my Psychology class, and I have to make a pamphlet talking that would be used to inform people about a career in psychology. The theme I have for it is sort of an "Uncle Sam" or military recruitment look. On the front, it says "WE WANT YOU" with Uncle Sam and at the bottom, in small print: "for psycology." Inside, the heading for the "goals of Psychology" is "Your Mission."

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some other graphics/Headings? Or if any of the artists could maybe make some?

Thanks!

Appolo
2006-08-12, 10:24 PM
ok, how's this?

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/tlabresh/Picture3.png

Elrosth
2006-08-13, 01:06 AM
Just itching to use that 3d stuff, huh?

for the layout, the "for psychology!!!" should probably go below the "we want you", to be read coherently.

the style is certainly a depature from the We Want You posters from the military, and if he's trying to play off that he might want something more closely reflecting the style.

Also, your color choices seem a bit garrish. The blues blend into the background too much, the reds jump out, and the yellow even moreso than the read, almost seming to float. The black and the green seem out of place, as does that thin green "y" thing.

Assuming you went with the 3d style, I'd at least advise on picking a color palate to use here. Seeing as your background is dark, I'd perhaps use a lighter value on your blues, and replace all of the non-red/blue hues with red/blue. If you did that it might end up looking pretty decent.

Appolo
2006-08-13, 01:03 PM
i'm just starting to use this 3D application, so it's a little hard for me to correctly accomplish what i want...i'll try to get a little more done, however...look for another graphic from me soon.

Caillach
2006-08-14, 02:04 AM
Mabye instead of uncle sam you could use a picture/drawing of froid(sp? You know the famous psych guy) in an Uncle Sam like pose.

or for something completely different you could do one of those ink blot things but make the ink blot look something like the word psycology. Then for the heading you could say something along the lines of "do you see psycology in your future?"
then of course you'd have to change your inside, but I just thought I'd share my idea.

InaVegt
2006-08-14, 07:39 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/gijsstrider/Unclesam.jpg

TruenuffTrey
2006-08-14, 03:49 PM
Wow, great ideas!

@Gezina van den Vechte: thats almost exactly what it looks like, the only difference is the font. :D

@Caillach:Wow, awesome. I'll definitely try to incorporate that somehow into my upcoming projects.

thanks alot everyone!

Appolo
2006-08-14, 05:31 PM
i see how it is...*pout*

Caillach
2006-08-14, 05:47 PM
::)
I hope you were being humorous and not just petty

Appolo
2006-08-14, 06:55 PM
would i ever be as petty as the show i just put on?

Caillach
2006-08-14, 11:08 PM
I don't know. would you? ;)

Appolo
2006-08-15, 02:36 AM
no, i would not. i'm a very humorous person who doesn't get petty.