PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

Cilvyn
2008-08-19, 02:18 PM
hello everyone:

1) Does str and con both apply on fort, as for the other defences as wel? so dex and in for ref.

2) the sheet sais at AC: armor/abil what does this mean, you choose wether you choose your armor or dextterty?

3) there are some healers ofc like in 3.5. Some abilities say: the target may spend a healing surge and regain an aditional 1d6 hitpoints. Does that cost the healer or the healed target a healing surge-point? and if you dont have any healing surges left, can't you be healed?

4)action points: u can use them to do some skill thingies. So can i use them to use one of my daily powers twice, or how does it work?

5) i'm a bit confused about the action point rule, s for milestones. If you rest you recover lost action points.. and also when you are fighting a few battles quick after eachother you gain milestones wich give you extra action points.. what do milestones do exactly?

Mh that was it for now :P

Thnx for looking at my question and for answer them ofcors!

Grs,
Cil

serok42
2008-08-19, 02:24 PM
1) It is one or the other.

2) I do not know what you mean here.

3) The TARGET may spend a healing surge. If it says you spend a healing surge in the text and you have none left you can not heal as far as I know. There are abilities where you can without using surges though.

4) Nope you use them to get more actions not re-use your daily or encounter powers

5)I am a little fuzzy on the milestone rules myself

fractic
2008-08-19, 02:28 PM
hello everyone:

1) Does str and con both apply on fort, as for the other defences as wel? so dex and in for ref.

You get to apply the highest modifier only.

2) the sheet sais at AC: armor/abil what does this mean, you choose wether you choose your armor or dextterty?

If you are wearing heavy armor you only get the AC bonus from the armor. If you are wearing light armor you get the AC bonus from the armor and the highsest of your int and dex modifier.

3) there are some healers ofc like in 3.5. Some abilities say: the target may spend a healing surge and regain an aditional 1d6 hitpoints. Does that cost the healer or the healed target a healing surge-point? and if you dont have any healing surges left, can't you be healed?

The one being healed is the one spending the healing surge. Those powers won't work on people without healing surges because they can't spend one.

4)action points: u can use them to do some skill thingies. So can i use them to use one of my daily powers twice, or how does it work?

When you use an action point you can take another action that turn. You can use this action to make another attack if you want. You can't refresh powers that you've allready used by spending an action point.

5) i'm a bit confused about the action point rule, s for milestones. If you rest you recover lost action points.. and also when you are fighting a few battles quick after eachother you gain milestones wich give you extra action points.. what do milestones do exactly?

If you take an extended rest you lose all your current action points but gain 1 fresh one. Your DM will tell you when you've reached a milestone (usually after two encounters). When you reach a milestone you get an extra action point.

Cilvyn
2008-08-19, 02:51 PM
6) armor gives ac bonusses. it also grants you enchantment bonus. What does this aply on? it sais something about masterwork but a masterwork cant give you +4 right? can someone explain it?:)

Frosty
2008-08-19, 02:55 PM
Is spending an action point a free action?

fractic
2008-08-19, 02:56 PM
6) armor gives ac bonusses. it also grants you enchantment bonus. What does this aply on? it sais something about masterwork but a masterwork cant give you +4 right? can someone explain it?:)

If you have an armor with an enhancement bonus, you add that value to it's AC bonus. Masterwork armors are made of special materials making them better then normal armors because they have a higher base AC bonus.

For example a +3 magic chainmail has a total AC bonus of +9, +6 from being chainmail and +3 because it has an +3 enhancement bonus to AC. Now forgemail is a masterwork version of chainmail with a base armor bonus of +9 instead of +6. However forgemail armors only come in magical variants that have at least a +4 enhancment bonus.

fractic
2008-08-19, 02:58 PM
Is spending an action point a free action?

It's not an action at all.

BTW there is a nice stickied topic for questions such as these.

AKA_Bait
2008-08-19, 03:49 PM
It's not an action at all.

BTW there is a nice stickied topic for questions such as these.

Indeed. It's here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83321&page=13)