PDA

View Full Version : New, crazy theory!

OOTS_Rules 2
2008-08-19, 02:33 PM
The demon that Quarr summoned is the MiTD's relative. They both have a similar personality, but the demon is at least ten times bigger. Thus making the MiTD a demon.

FujinAkari
2008-08-19, 02:39 PM
How exactly do they have the same personality? The Large Demon seems to have absolutely no quams with ripping people apart, nor does he seem to have any quirks other than compulsive gambling... which the MitD does not have.

Teron
2008-08-19, 03:13 PM
Also, it's a devil. Big difference.

T-O-E
2008-08-19, 03:59 PM
Well, atleast the title's truthful.

AlexanderRM
2008-08-19, 04:05 PM
How exactly do they have the same personality?
I suppose there is some parallel between the two, if not a similar personality. Well, really, the MitD is more childlike while that thing is closer to the stupid adult kind of thing, but I can kind of see how they might look similar. Just like Elan and Thog, both are childlike ("Roy only lets me stay up a HALF hour") even though they have pretty different personalities.
At least, that's what I think they meant.

OOTS_Rules 2
2008-08-19, 04:10 PM
AlexanderRM basically summed up what I meant. They both seemed really stupid, not noticing things in front of them.

MiTD: Gate? What gate?
Devil: I thought you were bluffing really well!

Also, I did mean devil.

Occasional Sage
2008-08-19, 04:41 PM
AlexanderRM basically summed up what I meant. They both seemed really stupid, not noticing things in front of them.

MiTD: Gate? What gate?
Devil: I thought you were bluffing really well!

Also, I did mean devil.

So, your theory equates to "Bob is stupid, and Juan is stupid, therefor Bob and Juan are brothers"?

Emanick
2008-08-19, 05:15 PM
So, your theory equates to "Bob is stupid, and Juan is stupid, therefor Bob and Juan are brothers"?

Oh, and Juan is sixty feet tall, while Bob is normal height. :smallbiggrin:
I think that made a lot more sense in his head. The MitD is very important to the whole comic, while this devil will likely only be a particularly important character for ten or so strips. Brothers don't just fade out like that, except in fairly low-class stories where an evil brother jumps out of nowhere to be a nusiance to the protagonist and dies in a few pages. (Or just drifts off somewhere else, you get the picture.)

AceOfFools
2008-08-19, 08:16 PM
The demon that Quarr summoned is the MiTD's relative. They both have a similar personality, but the demon is at least ten times bigger. Thus making the MiTD a demon.

All I have to say to that is:
"OOTS Rules 2 whats?"

Vizen
2008-08-20, 04:44 AM
How exactly do they have the same personality? The Large Demon seems to have absolutely no quams with ripping people apart, nor does he seem to have any quirks other than compulsive gambling... which the MitD does not have.

Well...The MitD does gamble a little bit. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0550.html)

But other then that, I would say it's a pretty big leap between the two of them being related, even if you did just mean by their creature type.

Gamerlord
2008-08-20, 07:40 AM
This is just as crazy as MY theory

Wreckingrocc
2008-08-20, 09:59 AM
MitD is gonna go the entire strip and never reveal himself. That, or he's gonna be something stupid like a chicken, but he's gonna be stronger than the snarl.

I don't know which.

T-O-E
2008-08-20, 11:31 AM
MitD is gonna go the entire strip and never reveal himself. That, or he's gonna be something stupid like a chicken, but he's gonna be stronger than the snarl.

I don't know which.

The Giant's a slaad?

Sir_Norbert
2008-08-20, 12:44 PM
A chicken slaad? :P

Vizen
2008-08-21, 02:45 AM
Whoops. Read that as salad.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the MitD is. Its got to be powerful considering what it did when it was told to stomp the ground, yet small enough to fit under an umbrella...

drengnikrafe
2008-08-21, 02:50 AM
What's that I hear on the horizen? Is it... could it be? IT IS!

It's another MitD "I have this preposterous proof" theory!

We all appluad your genius. Surely, you must be right. I mean, nobody else is making theories about what MitD is, so yours, being the one and only, MUST be right!

/sarcasm