PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of WEG d6 books?

Karsa Andshort
2008-08-19, 04:24 PM
My own (PnP) roleplaying experience has been limited to a lot of D6 Star Wars back in the day and a few small D&D 3.5 campaigns more recently. Out of some fondness for the West End Games D6 system and the desire to experiment a bit with other systems, I am looking at picking up one or two of the WEG D6 system rulebooks (or PDFs of them from rpgnow.com).

How are they? I have looked at some of the preview material on the WEG Web site, and it looks like they have variants on the six-attribute system that I knew quite well in the Star Wars RPG, altering which attributes do what on the basis of the tropes and playstyles of fantasy, modern adventure, and space/sci-fi settings. The relative dearth of supplemental material is probably alright, as I don't have a problem coming up with non-rules content for players to have fun with.

I have heard of Torg in a positive light before, so I have some reason to believe that WEG has some good stuff out there nowadays. I don't have a regular group to game with at present, so I am looking into the generic D6 settings to tool around with some campaign design.

Has anyone here had some experience with the generic D6 systems? What are your opinions on them?