PDA

View Full Version : Introducing City of Heroes' Rikti (4E): "PCs:Begin Preperation:Falling Rocks!"

Leliel
2008-08-19, 05:40 PM
Well, after a City of Heroes binge, I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if a D&D world was invaded by Rikti?" Then I thought "Why not?"

So, in their effort to blow the Earth of CoH/CoV to smithereens, a particularly clever Rikti general decides "Hmm. Since dimensions are paralell to each other, would it be possible to "pincer" Earth by setting up a front from another dimension?" (Of course, he thought it with a lot more colons, but I have a hard time with their accent).

As it is, the dimension he decides to invade in order to get a shot at Earth is the world of my campagin, so the players end up having to fight off his forces and chase him back to his dimension.

So, is this an OK idea? How should I handle their abilities, other than the obvious Hive Mind? Should I create a template, given the Rikti's "unique" method of creating more troops other than simple recruitment?

Dr Bwaa
2008-08-19, 06:04 PM
So, is this an OK idea?
I hereby ban any more "is this an OK idea?" questions. If you're confident enough to post it in front of us, the answer is yes :smallsmile:

And yes, that sounds great, actually. A template sounds like a good idea as well, but I'm going to leave those reccomendations to people who are more familiar with Rikti & Friends than I am (read: everybody). :smallbiggrin:

Inyssius Tor
2008-08-20, 09:36 AM
Are we talking 4e? 3.X? Earlier?

(Tags are your friend!)

Also: sounds like fun.

Aoleleb
2008-08-20, 09:41 AM
Dimensions: Parallel? Yes: Invade: Other Dimension. Purpose: Surround: Earth. Paragon City: Will: Fall! :smalltongue:

I don't know how the mechanics would work in terms of D&D (don't play it, just read about it.), but that sounds like a whole bunch of fun!

Leliel
2008-08-20, 05:30 PM
I don't know how the mechanics would work in terms of D&D (don't play it, just read about it.), but that sounds like a whole bunch of fun!

Why should they?

They don't work in CoH either, but we don't care!:smalltongue:

Unless by "work", you mean "mechanics", not "make sense".

In that case, I figure that since the dimensional barrier only bars the Rikti dimension's passage to Paragon Earth, then it isn't a leap of logic to say that it bars no other passage, which is a hypothesis supported in the game.

So naturally, the Rikti figured this out in the game-why else did the Second War start up?-and the BBEG realized that if they established another base on a magic-rich world, they could (A), send more and better equipped reinforcements to Paragon, and (B), better study the barrier, which is magical in nature.