PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway tomorrow!

Occasional Sage
2008-08-19, 05:41 PM
OK, I don't know how many fans of this show there are around here. I wouldn't watch it if it wasn't for my fiancee being an uberfan, but there you are and I'm on my second season of watching now.

And I have to say I'm really excited to see Chris come back! He made the last season, afaic, although drowning Christian would have been a nice bonus. I can't wait to see what kind of madness he inspires, especially in Stella and Kenley!

Prediction: one of those two will take the top spot at the end of the episode.

funkyhomosapien
2008-08-20, 01:30 AM
I'm not really enjoying this season very much. Everyone are such huge drama queers and none of them are very interesting as people. That tan guy bugs the hell out of me. And that one black guy, I'm pretty sure he's never worn a shirt that covers his chest. What a nut! Stella is by far the best, but even she has a lot of annoying personality traits.

Tirian
2008-08-20, 06:05 AM
No drowning Christian Siriano! Outstanding designers are allowed to have an ego, and he made some great clothes even under the unreasonable constraints of reality television. I don't know from clothes myself and definitely am not generally a fan of haute couture, but his stuff really moves me.

Now, if you have an annoying catchphrase and no fashion sense (as is apparently true of nearly everyone in season 5 from what I understand), then bring on the water.

musicfreak313
2008-08-28, 04:02 PM
Love the show. My favorite this season is Lean.

Occasional Sage
2008-08-28, 05:26 PM
Yeah, this season's crop isn't as good as last. I'm liking Kenley's aesthetic, so far, but I'm not sure that she'll break out of her comfort zone enough to really be a viable contestant.

Having Chris back last week was great, and some fabulous madness was inspired by it. That really was a good way to get a peek into the designers' brains.

I was really surprised the "samurai" outfit didn't win, though.

Aystra
2008-08-28, 10:48 PM
Project Runway is one of my favorite reality shows! I watch it every week. :smallbiggrin:

EllysW
2008-08-29, 01:59 PM
Stella? Really? Well, I guess it's all a matter of taste, and I will say her work seems to have improved since she whipstitched a garbage bag and called it a dress. But still, um, Stella?

The season started slow but is growing on me. I like several of the women, especially Leanne.

Occasional Sage
2008-08-29, 07:37 PM
Stella? Really? Well, I guess it's all a matter of taste, and I will say her work seems to have improved since she whipstitched a garbage bag and called it a dress. But still, um, Stella?

The season started slow but is growing on me. I like several of the women, especially Leanne.

I don't particularly like Stella, frankly (and OMG what's her boyfriend's name, Ratbone or something?!). I was just expecting her to do really well in the drag-queen competition.

Leanne is the skinny one from Portland, OR, yes?

PhallicWarrior
2008-08-29, 09:51 PM
Just my two copper pieces:

I never really liked the show, since everyone is so incredibly obnoxious and I'd never wear anything they made, judging by their work on the show.

EvilElitest
2008-08-29, 10:56 PM
my sisters love that show. It is a great idea i have to say
from
EE