PDA

View Full Version : Oh yea, that guy

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 01:27 AM
So, yeah. I am that guy. And, by that guy, I mean that guy at Gen Con that randomly showed up at one of the meets in (most of) my Elan costume with Banjo. A bunch of you said I needed to be more active on the boards, so... uh, here I am. Hopefully this isn't bucking things too much, since I suppose that I should be posting in the 'hello' thread, but I suppose I'm already here...

So yea, if anyone can direct me to the most amusing madness, as well as tell me the lay of the land, that would be awesome. ^_^

Zeb The Troll
2008-08-20, 01:39 AM
It really depends on what you like. Right here in FB is a good place to just chatter about a wide range of topics. For madness, look in the Silly Message Board Games. In fact, if you just look at the main forum breakdown, it's pretty well organized and easy to get an idea of where you think you would fit the most.

(In case you don't remember me, I'm one of the people that suggested you head up to the meetup while you were over by the APE Games booth and I was the top of the "G" when we spelled out GITP in people after the group shot.)

It's good to see you here. I'm sure that once you find your groove you'll have a great time here. After all, 30,000 Playgrounders can't be wrong. :smallcool:

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 01:44 AM
I remember meeting you fellows then, but obviously I don't know which one you are from that... and I'm not sure I remember who each letter was... but, ah well. I actually may hop into the comic convos. Though, what I'd really like is to discuss the OOTS game, but I don't know how many people would talk on it. I am currently working on a cooperative version for the game. I think I'll make a thread about it and see how that turns out.

Zeb The Troll
2008-08-20, 02:48 AM
Well, here (http://www.smeenet.org/images/photo/default.aspx?mask=gencon) are a few of the pictures that another OotS'er took (SMEE). Third pic from the bottom I'm the guy in the orange Hard Rock tshirt in the center of the frame.

As for the game, it has a dedicated forum area to talk about it, here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12). A cooperative version sounds interesting, though to be honest, most of the times that we play it, not even the person playing Belkar goes too much into the PvP. Deliberately cooperative, though, might actually shorten the game a bit. Do you think? Or is that even one of your goals for doing so?

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 11:20 AM
My goal isn't specifically to shorten it, but I may be able to make it so. I just love co-op games, no mater the medium. It was the big thing I liked about Halo. But, even if it doesn't shorten the game, it does make it so that if you need to return to the game the next day you are more likely to want to. I figure this 'cause it will feel more like a simplified version of D&D rather than a complicated version of Sorry!. But, if you aren't trying to gather a bunch of extra points at the end of the game and just trying to beat Xykon, you should be able to finish it quicker.

Ego Slayer
2008-08-20, 11:30 AM
Haaaahah! I was looking at the photos last night and was like "Who's the guy with the Banjo puppet?" Lol... Well, now that's answered... Hello. I wasn't at GenCon, but... hello. :smalltongue:

SMEE
2008-08-20, 11:38 AM
Hello that guy. Nice to see you here. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Tataraus
2008-08-20, 12:02 PM
Hi! And thanks for showing up at the meetup and on this board as well. It's always great to get new people and the banjo puppet was a great addition to the picture. Sorry that I never actually meet you in person though, even though I was there :smallfrown:

This is a very laidback and friendly community and I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us, hope to see you around more.

- LT

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 12:38 PM
Yup, that was me with the Banjo puppet. It was fun walking around with Banjo, though frustrating that people could not recognize that I was Elan until after inspection. It was worse for my fiance, who had her Haley Costume on- she wasn't recognized until after they recognized me because they recognized Banjo... ^_^;; I kinda sum it up that Banjo was wearing us as an accessory, not the other way around. I had many people hail, praise and glorify Banjo. I had at least 4 people bow down to a puppet. It was quite awesome.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-20, 12:43 PM
Hmm, just wondering, having I moved being the ´that guy´thing, if I ever had it?

Or is the blue giant blur of fur that is the cookiemonster just so eye-seeking to all that you remember me?:smalltongue:

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 01:02 PM
Hi! And thanks for showing up at the meetup and on this board as well. It's always great to get new people and the banjo puppet was a great addition to the picture. Sorry that I never actually meet you in person though, even though I was there :smallfrown:

This is a very laidback and friendly community and I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us, hope to see you around more.

- LT
That's quite alright. I wasn't around very long. Like I alluded to before, I was there with my fiance, and she isn't always comfortable in gargantuan groups of gregarious guys and gals. (amazed? Alliteration always alleviates alienation among awesome allies; also, antagonizes and annoys asses.) Anywho, I am going to try and spend a bit of time here, but I think I'll mostly be in the APE games section. I'm interested in 'research' of people opinions of the game.

Supagoof
2008-08-20, 01:13 PM
Welcome, :smallbiggrin:

And when you'd rather play games other then write about them....Structured Games is where you should head. :smallwink:

The sub-forum of the SMBG (Silly Message Board Games) that has become an entity unto itself for those who crave strategy, tactics, and sillines all at the same time.

Cristo Meyers
2008-08-20, 01:18 PM
Welcome, :smallbiggrin:

And when you'd rather play games other then write about them....Structured Games is where you should head. :smallwink:

The sub-forum of the SMBG (Silly Message Board Games) that has become an entity unto itself for those who crave strategy, tactics, and sillines all at the same time.

Though you should be aware that there are some very strange folks there as well :smallbiggrin:

*taps Goof on shoulder*

...by the way...BOOM DE YADA!

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 01:23 PM
Well, I'm more of a game designer, more so on design than game even. But, I do plan to get there eventually (the SMBG forum)

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-20, 01:32 PM
Well, I'm more of a game designer, more so on design than game even. But, I do plan to get there eventually (the SMBG forum)
Well, you can host(narrate) games as well, its just adviced to play some before you host some.

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 04:22 PM
Nah, I couldn't do an internet game. I'm more in the board game type of design. Thus, my interest in the OoTS game.

TRM
2008-08-20, 04:23 PM
Well, we have a homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15) forum for that kind of thing as well!

Hmmm, yes. I wasn't at any meet-ups, so I don't know who you are. :smallsigh:
Hi!

Krade
2008-08-20, 08:24 PM
That's quite alright. I wasn't around very long. Like I alluded to before, I was there with my fiance, and she isn't always comfortable in gargantuan groups of gregarious guys and gals. (amazed? Alliteration always alleviates alienation among awesome allies; also, antagonizes and annoys asses.) Anywho, I am going to try and spend a bit of time here, but I think I'll mostly be in the APE games section. I'm interested in 'research' of people opinions of the game.
Alliteration? Here? You sir, fit right in.

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 09:03 PM
Fitting fine finds me fabulously flustered first and foremost followed flirtatiously by fantastic fluffy flitters.