PDA

View Full Version : animal Companion + familars [3.x]

RagnaroksChosen
2008-08-20, 09:47 AM
hey wondering if there's a way to get a familiar and an animal companion to be the same thing... as in apply both the animal companion abilities and the familiar abilities to a creature... eaither through feats or class's or prcs, any books allowed..

If not any thing then what would be a reasonable feet?

Bonus Points if you can get (within raw) the templates to apply to your self.

Thanks guys!

The Demented One
2008-08-20, 09:52 AM
Arcane Hierophant prestige class in Races of the Wild does exactly what you're looking for.

As to being your own familiar or animal companion, that's straight-up impossible barring homebrew. They're not templates that get applied to creatures, but class features. Now, I know of at least one game that had the players actually being familiars of powerful spellcasters, but that's a different matter.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-08-20, 09:58 AM
are there racial requiquirments for it?

CASTLEMIKE
2008-08-20, 09:59 AM
No reason a PC couldn't have one of each. Somewhere there is a double familiar feat.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-08-20, 10:03 AM
That is an awsome prestige class...

are there other ways to do it however or is that the only way??

castle mike, im talking about the same creature..

Recaiden
2008-08-20, 10:39 AM
I believe that another prestige class combines Paladin's mount and Animal Companion, but i don't know about familiars.
2nd, You could True mind switch into some random body and then with the familiar. I'm sure epic spells could.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-08-20, 10:51 AM
I believe that another prestige class combines Paladin's mount and Animal Companion, but i don't know about familiars.
2nd, You could True mind switch into some random body and then with the familiar. I'm sure epic spells could.

thats devoted hunter.. and its a feet that allows rangers animal companiona nd a paladins mount to stack.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-08-20, 11:00 AM
castle mike, im talking about the same creature..

Yes but the game already allows a PC to possess Two familiars by taking a feat. A variant rule also allows a sorcerer/wizard to swap out a Familiar for a Animal Companion as a Druid of half his level. Mechanically this is just applying the Gestalt mechanic to an Animal Companion/Familiar. Now Druids can get an Elemental Companion instead of a regular Animal Companion.

RagnaroksChosen
2008-08-20, 01:01 PM
hmm i see what you meen.. interesting...