PDA

View Full Version : Titleless trailer- possible Forge of God movie?

Were-Sandwich
2008-08-20, 11:42 AM
Went to the cinema today, saw The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. One of the trailers got me really excited. It had no title, only a release date, ala the early Cloverfield trailers.

It started with clips of the government assembling a team of scientists for an unspecified task. Then cut to Keanu Reeves in an empty room hooked up to a lie detector being asked questions. He says that something bad is going to happen, and that they should let him go. Then it cuts to a Close Encounters style scene where a big glowing spaceship hovers over a wood full of scientists in NBC gear. Then a larger glowing spaceship is seen hovering over a city. Then the city is seen being disintegrated by a cloud of black particles (which I assume to be nanobots).

First thing I thought of was Forge of God by Greg Bear. I haven't read it in a while, but it seems a pretty close match to me. If it is, I hope the don't screw it up. Also wondering why there hasn't been an Eon movie yet.

kamikasei
2008-08-20, 11:47 AM
It's The Day the Earth Stood Still. I haven't seen the trailer, but I know they're remaking it with Keanu as the alien. (Gort?)

Reinforcements
2008-08-20, 01:09 PM
I HAVE seen that trailer, and... yeah, it's The Day the Earth Stood Still.

The REAL question is, do I automatically not care about any movie with Keanu Reeves? The answer is yes!

Fri
2008-08-21, 01:11 AM
You know what? Keanu would be perfect as the robot. You know, the silent and uninteresting one.

TheEmerged
2008-08-21, 12:21 PM
Wait, I'd have SWORN the trailer I saw had the name at the end... Maybe I saw a different one?