PDA

View Full Version : Basic Design

Omen
2006-08-04, 02:07 PM
I have just became a recent OoTS addict and have made a few attempts at making the avatars, with little success.

Was wondering if anyone would consider doing what I call 'blanks'. I seem to be unable to get the dimensions correct.

Question: How do you do OoTS style avatars with pants or even long sleeve shirt? I mean I can see the capes, or the dresses in the comic but when I do pants or long sleeved shirts they look all wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Omen

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-04, 05:51 PM
Pants are just a box at the bottom of the body. The 'pant legs' are the actual legs (black lines).

Omen
2006-08-04, 06:00 PM
While experimenting I came to that conclusion. I have been thickening the lines some from the 'standard' thickness I use for arms and legs... Which will probably be normal size, if I could ever figure out the head to body to leg and arm ratio right.

Thanks for the reply, it is greatly appreciated.

Omen
2006-08-04, 06:27 PM
My first attempt at an animated avatar...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/omen_darkwoods/AnShooter2.gif

What do you think? I know there is some jumping but I think it is from the BG color when I brought it into the image resizer :-/

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-04, 07:22 PM
LOL! If you only watch one cycle its not very good, but if you watch a string of 3+... its funny. :)

Ego Slayer
2006-08-04, 07:25 PM
That.. is awesome! Great job. :)

I actually draw the pants on instead of.. well how ever else it's done. I don't have Illustrator working right now so I can't help much.

Omen
2006-08-04, 09:28 PM
Thanks. I am so enjoying making avatars that I haven't MMORPHed in a week. It is nice to be on a forum with ppl, such as yourselves, that will give advice and help noobs such as me and not flame. Thanks.