PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising. You has it on the Wii.

Jibar
2008-08-20, 01:05 PM
...yes. (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38590.html)

Dead Rising with Resi 4: Wii Edition control system: Weird.
Fighting psychopaths as zombies: Cool.
Killing that dog: Cool.
Some very questionable looking WiiMotion bits: Weird.
Removing the 72 hour deadline: Kinda cool, kinda weird, very confusing.
Giving every mission its own timer instead: ...huh?
Removing the camera: What... the... HELL!?

I like Dead Rising, I love Dead Rising, and while some of these changes I like, taking away the camera removes one of the best parts of the game.
If that was still in there, it would just be a weird port. Without it, it's a very, very weird idea that I don't think will really hit off too well.

I do wonder if some of the features, like Psychopaths coming back, will be available for download after it's released. Otherwise, I might feel a little cheated.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-08-21, 02:48 PM
Nah. If you don't have the camera, then you don't have Dead Rising on the Wii. He's a photo-journalist!! What sorta lame arse photo-journalist doesn't have a camera??

Dragor
2008-08-21, 02:56 PM
Hmm... I never was good with Dead Rising on the 360, anyway. So maybe the Wii controls will suit me more. I don't know; my friend stood by his guns and said that it was good once you got used to it, but it all seemed a bit dodgy to me.

This, though, just looks.... weird. Not right. Like a bad RE4 mod. I'm not going to judge it before I've played it, that's just the impression I get.

I'll give it a go, I guess. I found RE4 enjoyable- DR:CTYD (Is that its name? Really? Damn.) should be good. I'm going to remain optimistic for the time being.

Neon Knight
2008-08-21, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I hope some of the cool stuff can be downloaded. I also agree that the no camera bit is criminal.

LordVader
2008-08-21, 06:07 PM
Meh. Not a huge fan of zombie games. Personally, I'd rather see some of those console RTS ports on the Wii. Still, good news for the (many) fans of Dead Rising.

Jibar
2008-08-22, 02:29 AM
Nah. If you don't have the camera, then you don't have Dead Rising on the Wii. He's a photo-journalist!! What sorta lame arse photo-journalist doesn't have a camera??

Worse part is they describe as "The Coolest Video Game Character Ever".
Yeah, he was cool because he charged head first into packs of zombies, obliterating them with whatever he had to hand and then stopped to put a bucket on one of their heads and take a picture.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-08-22, 12:25 PM
Don't forget the 100 PP sticker sidequest and the missions with the other photo nerd and I'm sure there are more that I don't know about. I only played it at a friend's place so I'm not completely familar with it.

chiasaur11
2008-08-22, 12:26 PM
Worse part is they describe as "The Coolest Video Game Character Ever".
Yeah, he was cool because he charged head first into packs of zombies, obliterating them with whatever he had to hand and then stopped to put a bucket on one of their heads and take a picture.

Wait.
Coolest ever? I mean, Frank West looks fairly cool what with the zombie killing and the camera, but cooler than anyone else from the whole of gaming history?

Lawliet
2008-08-22, 12:41 PM
Meh. I was really excited when i first heard about it, but the graphics look stupid (i mean, i know the Wii isn't about the graphics, i was aware of that when i bought one, but damn, it just looks like a PS1 game) and well... I want at least 100 zombies on-screen. The XboX version had like what, 300? I mean, i watched some trailers, there were like, seven zombies... Just, no.

Zakama
2008-08-24, 01:38 AM
Nintendo having DLC? Come on guys, this is Nintendo we're talking about...

arguskos
2008-08-24, 02:09 AM
He's covered wars you know.

Also, Dead Rising sans Camera =/= Dead Rising. Nintendo has failed at being awesome. There was excellent potential.... and it's completely gone now. *sigh*

-argus