PDA

View Full Version : Fleas!

d'Bwobsling
2008-08-20, 05:12 PM
So a few weeks ago my entire house got completly infested with fleas. We have a dog and a cat that tracked them in and brought them everywhere, so that if I sat down for about 20 seconds, I'd find at least three fleas crawling on me. Eventually we drove them away by spraying the entire house with flea poision, and putting a lotion that kills fleas on the dog and cat.
Anyone else have flea problems?

Player_Zero
2008-08-20, 05:32 PM
My cat had fleas for a while.

Them flea dealies with benzyl alcohol whatsits that you put on their necks are really quite effective.

Moff Chumley
2008-08-20, 05:59 PM
:smalleek::smalleek: No, I don't have a flea problem, but my hippie side is quite angry at both of you. :smallfurious:

Player_Zero
2008-08-20, 06:04 PM
Hey, I'm not living covered in fleas. It's not stylish.

Spiders I wouldn't mind. They can do what they want, they don't do anything. They keep to their webs, don't hurt nobody and call no man mister.

But fleas? Bunch of antisocial *******s if you ask me. I mean, I don't go around biting the crap out of people and drinking their blood, do I?

Moths, ants and fleas can all go inhale a can of paint for all I care.

The Orange Zergling
2008-08-20, 06:28 PM
No, but we had a mouse problem about 8 years ago and a moth problem 5 years ago... this brings back memories of a hamster of mine way back when that stalked and pounced on a moth... then ate it alive.

That hamster was awesome.

BizzaroStormy
2008-08-20, 06:30 PM
Yeah, whenever the fleas come out, my cats get them, then they rub on me which gets the fleas jumping into my beard which is annoying as hell. It itches like crazy and I cant bring myself to shave my beard off completely....Maybe I'll just start shaving the cats.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-08-20, 07:32 PM
One word: Lice.

Volug
2008-08-20, 07:35 PM
I
Hate
Fleas

.... :smallfurious:

Fostire
2008-08-20, 08:31 PM
There was a massive tick infestation at home last summer and with 4 unhealthy newborn kitties we couldn't just poison them so they were hard to get rid of. Hopefully they didn't lay much eggs and we won't be facing them again this summer (we can't poison the eggs either cause they lay them on the grass and the poison would kill the grass as well).

ArchivesNinja
2008-08-20, 09:11 PM
If you want a way to kill them (inside at least) without poison, find yourself a box (or two) or Twenty Mule Team Borax. Lock pets away, sprinkle on every fabric surface. Wait about an hour. Vacuum everything. Remove vacuum cleaner bag, tie securely in a garbage bag and take that immediately to the curb. Repeat in one week. The fleas eat the Borax, which swells in their intestines, and they 'splode. One week later, their eggs have hatched but the new fleas haven't matured enough to lay their own eggs. We used this when my poor golden retriever had the house infested and it worked great. :smallsmile: