PDA

View Full Version : Co-op to the table top

paladin_carvin
2008-08-20, 05:49 PM
Alright, so here is the basic concept of my co-op version of the OOTS adventure game.

1) Obviously, no one can attack each other. All shticks that are for attacking players will be changed.

2) You don't get assistance based on giving loot. Players use battle shticks (at half their normal bonus) when in range and agree to help. Generally, this has the same bonuses and costs as normal (ie, shticks must be flipped, may cause self inflicted wounds, etc.)

3) Monsters are placed by pulling directly from the deck. Screw this! are played from the deck. A few can be saved for certain uses, but aren't kept in a 'hand'.

4) Players don't 'flee' the dungeon, they die. They have to be brought back to dungeon entrance and be revived (which costs loot) and lose a shtick at random.

5) You lose if the party is TPKed. I haven't decided what NPCs will be able to do (if anything). You win if you get out of the dungeon after defeating Xykon.

That's the basics. The details are much more complicated of course, but almost ready. Thoughts?

Spider76
2008-08-21, 03:53 AM
I think that this is a very good idea and i wait for the rest :smallcool:
What i loved the most is the use of the monster deck insted of the 7 cards for each player.

This, of course offers alot of help when playing the game in solo mode :smallbiggrin:

xelliea
2008-08-28, 04:03 AM
cool i could see myself playing that:smallbiggrin:, however it needs some work

paladin_carvin
2008-08-28, 09:35 PM
Well, I can tell you this:

The mod is progressing really well. The rules are almost ready. I need to finish the sticks, do the minor treasure updates and the Screw This cards. I finished all the room changes, the core rule changes and all the changes to the monsters.

If anyone is interested in testing the rules (or... well, just a 'show of hands' of who's interested) send me a note or post here.

Fedifensor
2011-10-02, 12:35 PM
So, were house rules for co-op play ever released?