PDA

View Full Version : Avatars for all! (+Vampires!)

pumpkinetics
2005-02-11, 04:06 AM
Hi again.

Decided to start a chain of avatars off from the ordinary. These can be used by anyone, and Sadly aren't translucently backgrounded.

Well, let's start off with the Drooler:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/da_rat/pics/Dumbass.jpg

And the Kobold necromancer(Not very happy with this one):
http://members.optusnet.com.au/da_rat/pics/Nekkymanca.jpg

Then we have the clay golem:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/da_rat/pics/Clayguy.jpg

And GiantITP's first vampire avatars!
http://members.optusnet.com.au/da_rat/pics/Vampboy.jpghttp://members.optusnet.com.au/da_rat/pics/Vampgirl.jpg

Hope you like 'em!

Bill
2005-02-11, 11:45 AM
Shouldn't the vampires have pointy teeth?

And what happened to the male vampire's hand?

AtomicKitKat
2005-02-11, 12:41 PM
Shouldn't the vampires have pointy teeth?

And what happened to the male vampire's hand?

I believe the more pertinent question would be "Why is he wearing a piece of white wood perpendicularly attached to another piece of white wood around his neck?". :P

pumpkinetics
2005-02-11, 08:29 PM
Okay, to answer your queries about the vampires...

The male vampire has fangs! Can't you see them in his mouth? (And you can't see fangs on the outside, so the female doesn't have them.)

The perpendicular pieces of "wood" are actually bone that's showing through. See his pelvic bones below the waistcoat?

And see the hand-shaped thing right next to him? That's his hand (It just fell off.)

Adghar
2005-02-11, 09:27 PM
Er, Bill was just asking about the backstory about his hand falling off.

pumpkinetics
2005-02-11, 09:29 PM
He's a vampire. Bits fall off him. At this point in time his hand temporarily fell off.

Dragon_Rider
2005-02-11, 09:33 PM
But vampires usually are fleshy, no? Fleshy hands don't usually fall off nor can you see their bones (unless their special vampires)

Starbuck_II
2005-02-11, 09:57 PM
But vampires usually are fleshy, no? Fleshy hands don't usually fall off nor can you see their bones (unless their special vampires)
Okay, he has ADHD. Its a sad state that vampires get.

They can't hold their attention so their play with their hand till it falls off.
Can the Vamp cast regenerate ior do you need to be living?

Dragon_Rider
2005-02-11, 10:00 PM
I do believe that healing spells damage undead but does regeneration count as a healing spell? My hypothesis is that it doesn't harm them (like toher positive energy spells) or help them.

AtomicKitKat
2005-02-11, 10:42 PM
Okay, he has ADHD. Its a sad state that vampires get.

They can't hold their attention so their play with their hand till it falls off.
Can the Vamp cast regenerate ior do you need to be living?

Actually, I think vampires are almost never rotten(although a severe injury that kills/maims them prior to their being turned will remain) The generally accepted theory behind vampire creation is that they are drained by another vampire(sire) and then take a small sip of blood off their sire, during which time, they slip into a death-like coma for a couple of days. The family sees their "corpse", buries it, and the vampire bursts through a few days later. During this time, the vampire regenerates minor injuries(mostly the bite, but this can vary from version to version), and does not follow with the usual rotting. After they rise, a vampire is permanently regenerating(except for sunlight/holy water/etc. injuries. I suppose theoretically you could try throwing a healing potion at one. ;D ) When "killed"(or more commonly, threatened by the oncoming sunrise) they retreat to their lair, where they spend the next 12(or more, if healing from injuries) hours in a death-like coma. Standard methods of destruction include stakes(any wooden object will do though) through the heart, decapitation(chopping off the head), prolonged exposure to sunlight, probably enough holy water to burn off large quantities of flesh(they can heal injuries from holy water and sunlight, it just takes longer. MUCH longer with sunlight burns, equivalent to a 3rd degree burn victim) That pretty much covers my interpretation. :)

Adghar
2005-02-11, 10:44 PM
I do believe that healing spells damage undead but does regeneration count as a healing spell? My hypothesis is that it doesn't harm them (like toher positive energy spells) or help them.

What? But positive energy spells such as Cure Wounds spells harm undead, don't they?

Tharivol
2005-02-11, 10:47 PM
Regenerate must not channel positive energy. It doesn't say that it does, but it specifically says that it doesn't affect undead at all, for good or ill.

AtomicKitKat
2005-02-11, 10:51 PM
Regenerate must not channel positive energy. It doesn't say that it does, but it specifically says that it doesn't affect undead at all, for good or ill.

I think it's a druid spell, no? It's a spell which promotes LIFE, so it doesn't affect undead(or dead for that matter) It also enhances your own natural healing, as opposed to forcing positive energy into your being. That's my understanding of it. :)

Tharivol
2005-02-12, 12:18 AM
Right, but cure spells which also promote life, hurt undead. Regenerate specifically says that it does neither.

Drow
2005-02-12, 07:54 AM
Hit the sucker with a ray of negative energy and that hand will most likely grow back out :o

Dragon_Rider
2005-02-12, 09:54 AM
What? But positive energy spells such as Cure Wounds spells harm undead, don't they?

What I meant was that positive energy spells harm undead but regenerate doesn't

AtomicKitKat
2005-02-13, 02:41 AM
Right, but cure spells which also promote life, hurt undead. Regenerate specifically says that it does neither.

Again, I will point you to my interpretation above. Where the cleric's "cure" spells use brute force(positive energy) to heal cuts and bruises, the druid's regeneration draws upon the life energy WITHIN the target to heal themselves(and Vampires draw the life energy from others to heal/maintain themselves).

Edit: In short, a regeneration spell would probably fail on a vampire. This is also why you seldom(if ever) find any vampire druids...