PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question: Radiant Servant of Pelor [3.5]

jcsw
2008-08-22, 01:48 AM
I've been wondering, the Radiant Servant of Pelor's Radiance Ability doubles the area of illumination of all his [light] spells, would this also increase the radius of the spell's effect, like say, if someone made it a flash frost spell.

Was wondering if a Light-based caster would be viable.

Dragonmuncher
2008-08-22, 03:40 AM
I don't have the book in front of me, but I'm guessing if the text says "doubles the radius," then it doubles the radius, but if it actually only says "doubles the illumination area" then sorry, you'll just be left with extra-glowy spells

Telonius
2008-08-22, 08:17 AM
Extra-glowy spells it is. But do note that it will still be cast at +1 CL, so it still might do you some good.

To apply Flash Frost to that sort of spell, the spell would have to have both the [light] and [cold] descriptors - just out of curiosity, what spell did you have in mind?

Arbitrarity
2008-08-22, 08:29 AM
Maye something about snowcasting Flash Frost energy substitution (electricity) born of three thunders explosive light.

Because light that blasts you away, leaving a frozen ground behind, in a 3rd level slot, is epic.

JMobius
2008-08-22, 09:17 AM
My GM opted for the double radius interpretation. Celestial brilliance is oh so fun. :smallbiggrin:

TakeV
2008-08-22, 12:13 PM
My GM opted for the double radius interpretation. Celestial brilliance is oh so fun. :smallbiggrin:

In an undead focused campaign, no less. :)

Zeful
2008-08-22, 12:31 PM
Maye something about snowcasting Flash Frost energy substitution (electricity) born of three thunders explosive light.

Because light that blasts you away, leaving a frozen ground behind, in a 3rd level slot, is epic.

Yes it is.