PDA

View Full Version : Browser Question

DegenerateSoulDM
2006-10-19, 02:08 AM
Is there a recommended Web Browser for the site in general? I am having some issues with text running off the right side of the page with no horizontal scroll bar to compensate.

Obviously I.E. isn't the browser of choice, but old habits... I know. Will this continue to be an issue after the move?

Thanks.

DS

Ichigo-San
2006-10-19, 08:39 AM
Hello, DegenerateSoulDM I would say Mozilla Firefox would be a good way to go. It can be found at www.Firefox.com I hope this helps.

Samiam303
2006-10-19, 03:13 PM
Firefox is really the best allaround.. Anything but Internet Explorer in general works. ;)

But note that in Firefox, the glow effects on text don't work. ::)

Lucky
2006-10-19, 04:35 PM
But note that in Firefox, the glow effects on text don't work. ::)
Yeah... That's not a bad thing, I very much think that the glow effects would drive me crazy after a few days.

I support FireFox.

LadyGlutter
2006-10-19, 04:53 PM
The glow effects annoy me as well, only because they make everything glowy on a different line.

But hey, this may all be a moot question next week.

DegenerateSoulDM
2006-10-19, 06:51 PM
I'm not a fan of I.E. either... I'm just inherently lazy when it comes to clicking. :-[

I have Firefox... in fact the icon sits conveniently near the I.E. icon. I even like Firefox better... the Stumble feature is one of the webs greatest inventions. So, I am not really sure why I don't use it more. It is highly likely that Microsoft has imbedded some trickery into the Icon that makes me want to click it on a subliminal level... I wouldn't put it past them.

Anyhow, I am more interested in whether or not it will change with the server / forum move thingy that is in the works. I don't know if everything is changing or just the forums etc. and I am too lazy to read enough threads for the answer that undoubtedly lies hidden here somewhere.

Vaniel
2006-10-20, 06:19 AM
I have Mozilla, and it's good.

Don't ever use I.E. You'll be accumulating ad/spy-ware faster then you can say "Welcome to Corneria!"