PDA

View Full Version : Tablet Questions

mport2004
2008-08-22, 11:09 PM
I was looking for a tablet to hook up to my computer for drawing and so was wondering what tablets if any were used by the forum population here and also how they worked out. Also what program would you need to draw using the tablet?

Other than that some basic information on tablets would be nice.

Geode
2008-08-23, 01:35 AM
I like the Wacom Graphire4 4x5 tablet. It comes with software including Photoshop Elements. The size is nice for control without much arm movement and it isn't as expensive as the larger tablets. They also tend to go on sale around Christmas. It takes some practice to get good at drawing with one. Here's an Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Graphire4-4x5-Tablet-Blue/dp/B000BBAL0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219473375&sr=8-1) link that shows what they are like and what software and such is included.

BooTheHamster
2008-08-23, 04:14 AM
I'm the proud owner of a Wacom Intuos 3 (9x12). I love it because it's just the right size for what I use it. It works really well and it's an excellent brand. Granted, the tablet is rather expensive, but there's always the smaller versions. like the 6x8, which is really all you need. I just like the extra drawing room and space.

I also use Adobe Photoshop as my software program. Someone else may have cheaper suggestions, though.

Flickerdart
2008-08-23, 09:07 AM
You're in luck. The Wacom Bamboo line of cheap pen tablets was released a while ago, so if you're on a budget you're not screwed. The Graphires are mid-quality, and Intuoses are only necessary for professionals. A 4x5 is much too small to do anything on it, so get at least a 6x8.

If you have a lot of money, the Cintiq line of tablet monitors is worth looking into.

Castaras
2008-08-23, 11:59 AM
I've found Trust Tablets to be a very good make, and at a very reasonable price also. I spent £20-£30 on mine, which is a 10inch/6inch, iirc. (not at my computer, so can't check)

But yeah. Both me and mum have had no problems with our trust tablets. ^.^