PDA

View Full Version : What is going on?

Antagonist
2006-10-17, 03:55 AM
Morning All

Ok, this is my second account. My original account is Murky_Pool.

A few weeks ago, the Murky_Pool account vanished and I had to re-register.

Now it's vanished again, but this account still works. Any ideas what's happening and how I can stop it? I'd like to assume that after the change to the new boards this won't happen again....

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 05:15 AM
I've created Murky_Pool again, I hope he survives the board change

James_Mild
2006-10-17, 05:57 AM
Oh so it's not just me then?

My first account just wiped after about 4 days and 40 posts. My second didn't even last a day, this is my first post with my newly created 3rd account.

I only post in 'The Town' and I can't even edit my character profile as that was made with the original James_Mild :/

Makes it hard to play as part of the community when your constantly getting wiped out :(

This is my last try if this gets wiped i'll take the hint (I actually thought I got my first account wiped because I'd done somthing wrong within the rules? But I can't see what.).

Murky_Pool
2006-10-17, 06:22 AM
I'm not aware of ever receiving a Moderator Warning, and I think it's unlikely that they issue warnings by wiping the account.

Good to know that it's not just happening to me as well. James, make a second account, my second account stayed up and running.

James_Mild
2006-10-17, 07:24 AM
I don't really have enough time to make any real contribution to the town - but I did enjoy reading it (for a long while before I decided to make the plunge) - and my timezone is simular to yours and as you know thats hard when most of the characters are asleep :)

And the whole losing the accounts twice annoyed me, so there is noway I can run to accounts at once!

James (if he survives with this account!) will be rarely seen and more of a side character in the town rather than a full fledged resident I think, due to work and timezone problems!

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 06:35 AM
You could have James Mild 1 and 2 and use 2 when 1 gets wiped randomly.

I guess it must be something to do with the transatlantic crossing, the info obviously doesn't get across sometimes and that makes the server think the account doesn't exist.

Jack Mann
2006-10-18, 07:00 AM
Were you changing your profiles? The change profile button is right beside the delete user button. You wouldn't be the first to hit one button while meaning to hit the other.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-18, 07:16 AM
For me. No, I clicked the site in my favourites in the morning, clicked the 'Forum' button on the sidebar and was told I was not logged on.

Putting the Murky_Pool username and password in resulted in being told that the username did not existt.

Rydia
2006-10-18, 07:24 AM
I had noticed your account going missing Murky_Pool. I suspect it is Baron. He seems like the character to delete people's accounts for fun ~_^

LordOfNarf
2006-10-18, 11:50 PM
Try playing with caps in your screenname, i logged out once, and it took me 20 minutes of messing around with the caps to find the right combination that the board was reading me as.

InaVegt
2006-10-19, 02:11 AM
Try playing with caps in your screenname, i logged out once, and it took me 20 minutes of messing around with the caps to find the right combination that the board was reading me as.
No, it really was deleted, I saw the gone username

Murky_Pool
2006-10-19, 05:05 AM
Yeah, it wasn't a problem with caps or the underscore between the words. All my posts were 'guest'

Is it perhaps a problem with the 'always stay logged in' tick? I don't usually log out of the boards, I just close the window.

InaVegt
2006-10-19, 05:07 AM
I never log out, so that can't be it.

Murky_Pool
2006-10-19, 08:43 AM
The fact that it killed Murky_Pool, but not Antagonist made me think the problem was related to the account that was logged in at the time. I only had one account the first time it was wiped so that never occurred to me then.

However, as you do the same as me it can't be that. Unless it's a special rule for me only

*gibber, gibber*