PDA

View Full Version : miko's angry sister...

dehro
2008-08-23, 06:14 AM
the pregnant chick...she does looks like miko, somehow..and has the same penchant for slaughter, apparently..
or is that just the pregnancy, you think?

Guran
2008-08-23, 06:18 AM
Well, if you had to protect your unborn child from a bunch of murderers you would wanna slaughter them just as well. I hardly think Kazumi and Miko are related.

jamroar
2008-08-23, 07:23 AM
the pregnant chick...she does looks like miko, somehow..and has the same penchant for slaughter, apparently..
or is that just the pregnancy, you think?

It's just the pregnancy.

However, now that you mention it...

I think it might be possible that Miko may be related in another way to Kazumi and Daigo.

Or rather, will be related.

Mauve Shirt
2008-08-23, 07:53 AM

I think it might be possible that Miko may be related in another way to Kazumi and Daigo.

You mean
she's their time-traveling daughter from the future?! :smallamused:

RMS Oceanic
2008-08-23, 08:03 AM
You mean

That would be annoyingly convoluted.

jamroar
2008-08-23, 08:12 AM
You mean

I'm thinking reincarnation (not as per the druid spell, which is just plain weird in the way it works) as part of her penance. Because the LG afterlife doesn't know what to do with her soul.

Mauve Shirt
2008-08-23, 08:28 AM
No, no, obviously
their baby is the time-traveling MITD

Xerrik
2008-08-23, 08:30 AM
Have you ever seen an angry mother/to be? They're CRAZY!!

Alysar
2008-08-23, 08:50 AM
In what way does she look like Miko?

The perfectly circular head?

The elongated black circles for eyes?

The single curved line for a mouth?

The slightly olive complexion to indicate that she's asian?

:confused:

Dude, aside from skin color, hair style, height, and ear shape, every demihuman looks exactly like every other demihuman in this comic.

ff7hero
2008-08-23, 09:03 AM
The slightly olive complexion to indicate that she's asian?

What's an asian? Kazumi's an Azurite.

IOW: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0209.html

AceOfFools
2008-08-23, 09:24 AM

Daigo Miyazaki? A distant cousin perhaps?

herrhauptmann
2008-08-23, 11:14 AM
Daigo Miyazaki? A distant cousin perhaps?

Doesn't Daigo's last name also start with a D?

Ron Miel
2008-08-23, 02:51 PM
You mean

That would be annoyingly convoluted.

Besides, the role of time travelling baby from the future has already been claimed by Girard, who is obviously going to be the son of Elan and Haley.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0196.html

T-O-E
2008-08-23, 02:58 PM
Besides, the role of time travelling baby from the future has already been claimed by Girard, who is obviously going to be the son of Elan and Haley.

No, it's clearly Elan who's mastered both illusion and time-magic.

AceOfFools
2008-08-23, 09:29 PM

Huh... so it would seem (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0501.html).

Raging Gene Ray
2008-08-23, 11:07 PM
I'm thinking reincarnation (not as per the druid spell, which is just plain weird in the way it works) as part of her penance. Because the LG afterlife doesn't know what to do with her soul.

I actually suggested that elsewhere. I based it solely on:

The common trend of alliterative names:
Daigo D.
Kazumi Kato
Miko Miyazaki

David Argall
2008-08-24, 12:07 AM
As noted, stick art does not make it easy to distinguish characters, and OOTS has had hundreds of characters. That A looks like B is to be expected and we had best draw no conclusions about that until the strip tells us to.

cloneof
2008-08-24, 06:55 AM
I myself don`t believe they are related at all.

Deathwisher
2008-08-25, 01:46 PM

it would be an entertainingdevelopement, though. Especially since both Kazumi and Daigo seem to be tending more toward the chaotic than the lawful.

chibibar
2008-08-25, 01:55 PM
It is mother nature in the works. If you notice animals (yes human are consider in the animal kingdom) will protect their young VERY fiercely. If you attack the children, you can bet the parents will fight back more ferociously than they normally would.

Kazumi is protecting her unborn child. You can bet she will slaughter those who threaten her child safety. :)

Gamerlord
2008-08-25, 03:30 PM
Enough time travel theorys!
It makes my head hurt....

T-O-E
2008-08-25, 03:47 PM
1. There are only two time-travel theories on this thread.
2. They're both relatively simple.

Burley
2008-08-25, 04:07 PM
The Answer is as follows:
The Child is a the time traveling offspring of Miko, Haley, Elan and [spoiler] Therkla.

Obviously.

Blackdrop
2008-08-25, 04:18 PM
The Answer is as follows:
The Child is a the time traveling offspring of Miko, Haley, Elan and [spoiler] Therkla.

Obviously.

So she's a Uryuom (http://www.egscomics.com/d/20030909.html)?

David Argall
2008-08-25, 04:32 PM
Depends on your definition of "at all". You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents.... Taking 30 years for a generation, you have 1000 ancestors after 300 years. That's more than you can keep track of, but a small portion of a city of 1 million.
However, each of those thousand ancestors now average 1000 descendants, meaning that Miko & Kazumi are distinctly likely to share an ancestor in the last 10 generations. If we go back 20 generations, just about everybody in the city with any living descendants are ancestors of both, and of just about everybody else in the city.

So the two are related. It is just not likely to be close enough for either, or anybody else, to deem it to matter.

dehro
2008-08-25, 04:43 PM
I'm surprised that it has been taken into serious consideration...I mean... I just posted it for a laugh because I liked the idea..

d'Bwobsling
2008-08-25, 04:46 PM
Between all the ideas posted on these forums that is a surprisingly credible theory

nosignal
2008-08-25, 07:34 PM
It really isn't.

Linkavitch
2008-08-26, 01:06 PM

Yeah, I think what he said was "My name is Daigo D...wait a sec..."

Linkavitch
2008-08-26, 01:09 PM

You know, that's kind of scary...

MReav
2008-08-26, 01:40 PM
Well, playing Devil's Advocate... it is theoretically possible they are sisters.

One of Miko's parent might have had an affair and gave up the child (which would make them half-sisters).

I'm not saying they are, just that it is possible.

sihnfahl
2008-08-26, 02:00 PM
it would be an entertainingdevelopement, though. Especially since both Kazumi and Daigo seem to be tending more toward the chaotic than the lawful.
What leads you to believe they're going chaotic?

dragongirl13
2008-08-28, 11:31 AM
UGGH! Why oh why does this forum always have to have all these MIKO threads? SHE WAS FREAKIN' CUT IN HALF! Plus, do we even know if she's gotten to the processing desk for Good worshippers of the southern gods? That line was freakin' huge, I wouldn't put it past that line to go on for four months. And even if she has, they may have chucked her case into the Lawful Neutral bin for following the letter of the Good alignment but not the intent.

Okay. Okay. Topic that started the thread now. I doubt that Kazumi and Miko are related. Really doubt it. Kato is Kazumi's maiden name, and I'm pretty sure that Miyazaki is Miko's maiden name too - I mean, who would want to marry Miko? So sisters is out of the question, except for the soap-opera-esque-illegitimate-half-sister story which I really don't think has a place in this comic. And realize that ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN AZURE CITY LOOK SIMILAR. They all have the same skintone and wear the same colors and even have similar shades of hair. They're probably all interrelated.

Have you ever seen a ticked off pregnant woman? I haven't, but I've heard that you NEVER want to tick off a pregnant woman. If a woman's anger at having been asked if she's pregnant when she isn't is nasty, then a pregnant woman's anger at someone knocking out her husband and threatening the lives of her and the unborn baby would be like the former situation to the tenth power.

And please, people, I beg you... STOP WITH THE MIKO THREADS!

Ron Miel
2008-08-28, 12:28 PM
And please, people, I beg you... STOP WITH THE MIKO THREADS!

No.

She may have been a horrible person, but she was a great character, far too interesting not to talk about.

dragongirl13
2008-08-28, 11:05 PM
No.

She may have been a horrible person, but she was a great character, far too interesting not to talk about.

Why don't you talk about it with your friends, then, instead of on the forums?

RosesOnConcrete
2008-08-28, 11:53 PM
Because Ron may not have any friends who read the same webcomics as he (or possibly she, you can never tell on the 'net, after all) does - I don't have any who've even heard of OOTS. Besides, isn't the PURPOSE of the forum, oh, I don't know, to talk about the comic and its characters?

dehro
2008-08-29, 05:02 AM

now you're just being rude..
as I said, I posted it for a laugh and am fully aware of the quirks and idiosincrasies of a pregnant woman..
of course I also know that most characters of the same "scenario" if not race look alike...I'll repeat it, it was just for a laugh.
no need to go ranting and certainly no need to slag off other people who are actually using the forum for what it's intended...talking about the comic, not always in a uber-serious manner...

if you don't like topics discussing miko (a character which I myself have grown to loathe for the umphteen "serious" threads it has sparked by people who clearly adored it)..then don't read them..nobody really cares if you do and if your reaction to them must be to tell off people who mind their own business, you are very welcome to keep those reactions to yourself.

Nychta
2008-08-29, 05:15 AM
I count some forumites as my friends, and this is the most fitting and convenient place for us to discuss OotS-related topics. These are the OotS boards; we discuss OotS and speculate. If you don't like it, or if you're sick of the Miko threads, because there are a slew of them, I understand. But it doesn't mean that you have to read them or that you have to post in them. You could just ignore them.

dragongirl13
2008-08-29, 12:10 PM
Sorry guys... I just take things way too seriously.

No matter what happens, SOMEONE will find a way to take it way too seriously.

dehro
2008-08-31, 03:37 AM
Sorry guys... I just take things way too seriously.

No matter what happens, SOMEONE will find a way to take it way too seriously.

no problem...I guess just about anyone in the forum has at one time or the other ranted against miko, miko threads or miko fans...I know I have!

Mr. Wimmer
2008-08-31, 05:10 AM
ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN AZURE CITY LOOK SIMILAR.

Oh Exploitable:smallbiggrin:

Tholok Razescar
2008-08-31, 08:11 AM
A huge, dire beast appears in front of the party. Your entering of her lair has stirred her from her sleep - acid drool drips between serrated fangs, tangled hair hangs in tassles from the head and the eyes would strike a mind-shattering fear into the hearts of the bravest paladins. It's bloated body drags over the ground as it roars and charges at you.
You have run into a Cranky Pregnant Woman. Roll for initiative.

LuisDantas
2008-08-31, 01:12 PM
You mean

Is that a LSH reference? You're pretty much describing Validus' origin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validus

T-O-E
2008-08-31, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=dragongirl13;4806494]ALL OF THE PEOPLE IN AZURE CITY LOOK SIMILAR. [QUOTE]

Yeah they all have thin arms and legs. Their hands are deformed (only three fingers) and their heads are all roughly circular. Weird.

Deathwisher
2008-08-31, 02:03 PM
Yeah they all have thin arms and legs. Their hands are deformed (only three fingers) and their heads are all roughly circular. Weird.

They also tend to wear blue :smalltongue:

dragongirl13
2008-09-03, 11:34 PM
They also tend to wear blue :smalltongue:

And they also have the same skintone, similar hair colors, presumably similar eye colors (if they even HAVE eye colors)...

Corwin Weber
2008-09-04, 01:05 AM
A huge, dire beast appears in front of the party. Your entering of her lair has stirred her from her sleep - acid drool drips between serrated fangs, tangled hair hangs in tassles from the head and the eyes would strike a mind-shattering fear into the hearts of the bravest paladins. It's bloated body drags over the ground as it roars and charges at you.
You have run into a Cranky Pregnant Woman. Roll for initiative.

....you also glance behind you and notice a door. It says 'Ladies.'

Here's a fresh character sheet.