View Full Version : Question

TheQuestionable
2006-10-17, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure where this would belong so I decided to just post it here.

For the past month, me and my brother have been making our own comics. We love making comics and admire the works of Rich Burlew (the simple looking artwork and the exciting humorous plots). Here recently I've made a comic using both the Fanasty adventure setting (which is no stranger to me) and the stick art of Rich Burlew. We don't plan on selling anything, it was only meant for fun. Anyways my question is, "Would I be aloud to post the comic strips I made on the Forums?"

*I don't use the system he uses because I don't have it on my computer. My comic art and style is somewhat simple (scanned notebook paper).*

I wanted to ask before I started posting strip after strip (I have 25 so far).

Samiam303
2006-10-17, 09:00 PM
As long as you didn't use Rich's images themselves, there's no rule against making a comic in the same style.. Several people have done so. However, if you actually copied images FROM OOTS it would be a violation of copyright. :)

Meat Shield
2006-10-18, 08:36 AM
I would also suggest linking to the comics in question and not posting them directly in the threads as that can annoy some people. This would actually apply to any large images...

TheQuestionable
2006-10-18, 12:30 PM
As long as you didn't use Rich's images themselves, there's no rule against making a comic in the same style.. Several people have done so. However, if you actually copied images FROM OOTS it would be a violation of copyright. :)

Only two characters take a remarkable resemblance to Roy and Elan, even some of their behaviors and type of thinking. But the other three characters are unique and completely original.

There won't be no need to worry about "Copy, Paste" all my ideas and art style are my own and my brothers.

Thank you, both, for informing me. I was somewhat eager to receive some kind of word. I look forward to sharing them with the OOTS community. :)