PDA

View Full Version : [4E]Why wait for the monk?

JackMage666
2008-08-23, 01:20 PM
Discussing with some friends, and we want a quick fix for the monk! I present you this in feat form!

Unarmed Fighting [Heroic]
Benefit: You gain proficiency with your Unarmed Strike, which gains a +3 Proficiency Bonus to attacks. In addition, you treat your unarmed strike as a light blade for any powers or class features that specify a benefit to light blades.

It's simple, to the point - Allows you to make your Monk in a number of ways.
Rogue - Powerful strikes, thanks to Sneak Attack, with the martial arts fluff of pushing enemies around and inflicting all sorts of fun status effects to them.
Ranger - Fighting with both hands, quick and hard. Total martial arts, though not too many status effects.
Fighter - Though not necessarily the strongest choice, you get a number of powers that show martial prowess.

There are a number of other ways to pull it off, but I figured those are the best that come to mind! Whatcha guys think?

Xyk
2008-08-23, 08:36 PM
I don't know about balance, but I would want it for all of my rogues. Probably means it's too powerful or something.

JackMage666
2008-08-23, 09:30 PM
I don't know about balance, but I would want it for all of my rogues. Probably means it's too powerful or something.

It's a 1d4 weapon that has a +3 Proficiency bonus - Identical to the dagger in that sense, but a rogue gets a +1 to hit with the dagger (rogue weapon talent) and the dagger has range... It's a rather inferior weapon, actually, it's just more for fluff than anything... Also, let's the Rogue have more options that "Dagger, Short Sword, Rapier, Katar" for the majority of their powers, albeit the weakest one.