PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars anyone?

soozenw
2008-08-23, 09:27 PM
I searched and didn't find a thread on this, although I know I had come across one before...*scratches head*

Anyone play Guild Wars? I have a level 20 (probably level 50ish if they did more than level 20...) Dervish/Monk (no healing, just smiting prayers) and random low levels that I haven't worked too hard on developing. I belong to my husband's guild, which officially consists of...yeah just the 2 of us. He booted everyone else after they hadn't been active for 3+ years.

Currently, my dervish is wandering around EotN, killing killed on a regular basis. :smallbiggrin:

Volug
2008-08-23, 09:33 PM
Now and then.

If you wish to play online with me, you'll have to PM me in a week >_> I can't do it on weekdays.

I have a level 20 assasin, and I got other high level units such as a ranger and ele... I can't remember any others >_>

My derv is like 13. And I have a PvP healing monk.

My fighter, which I never play, is level 2 XD

Oh, my only prophecies character is a Necro, and I'm not patient enough to level him up in propecies >_>

Thanatos 51-50
2008-08-23, 09:42 PM
I've maxed out a Ranger, belong to a Guild which consists soley of me because everyone looks wierd without a cape, and haven't played the game in forever.

I'm sure to install and play GW2 When it comes out.

Marksmenship Rangers for the Win! (I think I have something like 15-16 MArksmenship on my "normal" build. 12 on Survival) I'm a big fan of keying my skills as follows:
1 - Power Shot (More Damage)
2 - Screaming Shot (More Damage + Bleeding)
3 - Peircing Shot (More Damage + Pierces Armor)
4 - Crippling Shot (More Damage + Cripples a moving foe)
5 - Barrage (Crowd Control)
6 - Sun Ressurection Sigil (Better than standard Res. Sigil)
7 - Poison Arrows (Poisons my arrows, duh!)
8 - Barbed Arrows (Arrows make things bleed)
Undead and constructs are the bane of my gameplay existance.

Midnight Son
2008-08-23, 11:25 PM
It's been a while here too. Funny thing is, I deleted a bunch of stuff and all my chars are low level now. Too busy with WOW and Age of Conan to get on, though.

Swok
2008-08-24, 12:34 AM
I play every once in a while. Usually it's me farming on my Necro because I'm poor. It's been far too long since I've raised an army to raze the forces of a mission, mainly because BiP/prot or SS necros are just too damn good late game.

Maxymiuk
2008-08-24, 02:38 AM
I haven't played since I got a new computer, seeing as my game disks are scattered across two countries. :smallconfused:

All I could get right now would be Nightfall and EotN, but somehow I just can't summon up the enthusiasm to reinstall it so far.

Otherwise, I'm also in a guild consisting of myself - I'm a casual player (logs on a couple times a week) who likes to AB and I got tired of getting kicked out of guilds for not meeting their faction point quotas. It's a game, not another damned job. :smallannoyed:

soozenw
2008-08-24, 07:56 AM
Aw, I'm sad that people aren't playing on a regular basis. I try to get on at least once a day (usually after my son is asleep for naps), but I understand that most other people have school/outside the home jobs.

Maxymiuk--I hate other guilds. Well, you know, the ones that get all uppity about points and such. It's a freaking game.

thanatos5150--I just started a Nightfall Ranger, I'm going to have to steal that build, as I have no idea what I'm doing wth him. lol

MasatoHyuga--I too am too lazy to level in Prophecies. Why bother? I can get a character to level 20+ in Nightfall within 2-3 days, but my Prophecies char is level 13 after months. Forget that garbage. lol

Thervold
2008-08-25, 10:31 AM
I love the game, but I ran out of things I wanted to do in the game. Well, almost... I still need to clear out the UW and FoW with my warrior to fill out his HoM, but I haven't motivated myself to find a group to do so. My guild has followed the same fate as yours. My friends formed it during beta testing, but due to inactivity, it's fallen to just a few of us still active and nowhere near enough people to be competitive in PvP nor do the high-end PvE stuff. Hopefully we can draw some back when GW2 is released. In any case, I'm not on a whole lot anymore, but my main's name is Melek Thervold if anyone would like another player for something. I have a PvE of all classes except mesmer, all with a full compliment of their primary skills and max-level heroes.

Maxymiuk - you don't need the game disks at all. As long as you know your login/password, you can download the client off the GW website. It will download the content, although it may take awhile depending on your internet connection. But you'll have full access to anything on your account.

thanatos5150 - that ranger build... both Crip Shot and Barrage are elite... Melandru's Shot goes more in line with your description (+damage and crip when target is moving), but that too is elite. Perhaps swapping out Barrage for the weaker, non-elite Volley would do the trick.

AriesOmega
2008-12-11, 04:16 PM
I know this is an old thread and all...and for that matter I haven't posted in ages...but my guild is pretty active. We are pretty nice...help each other...do some battles and all. It is for the casual gamer...we do have a few hard core guys and gals in the group but the guild I am in is very much for the casual gamer. I have 4 of my 8 slots for characters used...two I played a lot more then the others. I been playing the others to get them to a similar power level. I got two level 20's and two that are right behind them.

If anyone is interested joining add Jashdar Fin to your buddy list. Even if you don't want to join a guild...add me...we can go questing or something.:smallbiggrin:

DemonicAngel
2008-12-11, 06:27 PM
ah yes, guild wars.. I really need to get factions and GWEN.
playing as a pyro-elementalist, destroying everything before they can touch me.

Penguinizer
2008-12-12, 10:19 AM
I haven't really done much other than PVP in a time. I still like it when my M/E Earthspammer and Waterspiker builds are viable.

For the Earth build.

Earth Magic: 12

Inspiration Magic: 6-8+1

Fast Castin: *rest*+3+1

Skills:
Elemental Attunement (No ranks in it, 30 seconds is still enough to be very useful)
Earth Attunement

Drain Power

Ebon Hawk

Stoning

Ash Blast

Glowstone or another inspiration magic skill

Resurrection signet.

This is primarily for PVP, and I've found it to work best against warrior or assassins. Since the weakness-knockdown-blindness is enough to keep them from being able to do anything for a good bit of time, but the raw damage keeps it useful against other classes. Most of the skills are also low-recharge.

Shades of Gray
2008-12-12, 11:24 AM
I played an Elementalist as my main character. Mostly Water and Earth magic, though I used fire for ABs.

My favorite PvP character was my combat trapper. Had all the basic traps, trapper's focus, and Whirling Defense. The only thing that could kill him (Trust me, a blinded warrior hitting a guy with Whirling Defense on is very rare) were Elementalists, Damage Ritualists, and Smiting Monks (The latter two were rare in ABs)

AriesOmega
2008-12-12, 11:34 AM
I played an Elementalist as my main character. Mostly Water and Earth magic, though I used fire for ABs.

My favorite PvP character was my combat trapper. Had all the basic traps, trapper's focus, and Whirling Defense. The only thing that could kill him (Trust me, a blinded warrior hitting a guy with Whirling Defense on is very rare) were Elementalists, Damage Ritualists, and Smiting Monks (The latter two were rare in ABs)

Depending on my mood...I either do a Warrior/Elementalist...so I can use shock to knock them down and damage...then wail on them or if I am expecting blinding I go with ritualist as a secondary. Sight Beyond Sight works great....and no need for points in the stat for it. Combine that with splinter weapon and a weapon ability that allows for mulitple hits like Cyclone Axe or Hundred Blades....OUCH.

Enlong
2008-12-12, 06:14 PM
Depending on my mood...I either do a Warrior/Elementalist...so I can use shock to knock them down and damage...then wail on them or if I am expecting blinding I go with ritualist as a secondary. Sight Beyond Sight works great....and no need for points in the stat for it. Combine that with splinter weapon and a weapon ability that allows for mulitple hits like Cyclone Axe or Hundred Blades....OUCH.

*snert*
Warrior... using Sight Beyond Sight.

Please tell me you use Swordsmanship and wield the Sword of Omens.

Flickerdart
2008-12-12, 06:18 PM
Oh man, GW...good times. My Assassin, my first character, must have 500 deaths by now. In contrast, I have two Survivors, a Ritualist who was made before they nerfed Continuous Channeling and a Paragon who still hasn't died. All their birthdays must've been hit already, I should check their minis.

Shades of Gray
2008-12-12, 09:52 PM
My original Elementalist had OVER 2000!!! Deaths.

AriesOmega
2008-12-13, 07:50 AM
*snert*
Warrior... using Sight Beyond Sight.

Please tell me you use Swordsmanship and wield the Sword of Omens.

Actually....yes...I prefer a sword...but I usually use Murakai's Blade

Hunter Noventa
2008-12-13, 04:42 PM
I used to play, I've gotten all the expansions, but haven't touched them much lately. My main would be my Necro/Mesmer, Yui Valeth, so if any of you want to add me go right ahead.

Hell, I've almost completed Eye of the North. I just need real people for the Heart of the Shiverpeaks.

Khosan
2008-12-16, 03:05 PM
I've only got Prophecies. Had it for over a year so far, and I still haven't finished all the missions. Got stuck at the Augury Rock missions on my Emo guy, but I'm squeaking past on my R/E.

Anyway, question: Are Ranger/Elementalists a particularly sought after class combination? I ask because for reasons I can't quite figure out, my unguilded R/E gets a bunch of people asking him to join theirs, while my E/Mo got relatively few. Even had one guy start his request with, "I know you must get this a lot, but..."

ninja_penguin
2008-12-16, 03:13 PM
Barrage conjure builds, is what I'm guessing. Also, ranger's expertise makes them seem like gods in the beginning of the game because they can do so much more with their skills. Also, people love interrupter rangers.

AriesOmega
2008-12-16, 03:55 PM
Barrage conjure builds, is what I'm guessing. Also, ranger's expertise makes them seem like gods in the beginning of the game because they can do so much more with their skills. Also, people love interrupter rangers.

You are right about rangers...at least the being a god thing and all in teh begining. Another good build for rangers is with Mesmer. You can do some rotten stuff with one. My favorite is plague spreader. Take skills that inflict conditions and then use Epidemic (mesmer skill) to spread the love around.