PDA

View Full Version : The Vorpal Tribble Monstravanganza

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-24, 11:22 AM
The Monstravaganza has been moved to The Vorpal Tribble Creation Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8080635#post8080635).

Eighth_Seraph
2008-08-24, 05:06 PM
*sleeps for eight hours*

*prepares Raise Thread in every spell slot*

*cracks knuckles*

So, uh, how do you feel about some of these two-thousand sixers making a comeback to the forum's first page? The Proxidicae in particular have piqued my interest.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-08-24, 05:19 PM
It's like a whole new monster manual.:smallbiggrin:

Lappy9000
2008-08-24, 05:26 PM
Man, you even included them by Challenge Rating :smallbiggrin:

That's awesome, how ni-hwuggah? 55 CR monster?

You're insane. Not the bad kind, like the guy who kills everyone in sight, but the good kind of insane, like the guy who starts making Pie Golems in 5 delicious flavors (naturally teamed up with Whipped Cream Golems).

Jaerc
2008-08-25, 12:14 AM
It is wonderful to have these thusly organized and all in once place. It will save me a ton of time, fairly often. Have you ever considered consolidating them into a PDF for additional convenience and updating it on occasion? If such an idea is a remote possibility would you require assistance?

Zeta Kai
2008-08-25, 08:14 AM
Damn, even though I make at least 1 monster per day, VT is still the Lord of the Beast. Great job, VT. This is truly epic.

It's like a whole new monster manual.:smallbiggrin:

But, unlike the last 4 MM's, I could actually see myself using these. :smallwink:

Adumbration
2008-08-25, 09:48 AM
If I ever run a campaign, I'll be sure to use some of those monsters.

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 09:56 AM
Hey! Where is the Fuulifliff, or however it is spelt? That oozy thingy with the F's and U's?

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-25, 10:18 AM
So, uh, how do you feel about some of these two-thousand sixers making a comeback to the forum's first page? The Proxidicae in particular have piqued my interest.
Two-thousand sixers?

Anyways, you can post to any of'em you like.

Have you ever considered consolidating them into a PDF for additional convenience and updating it on occasion? If such an idea is a remote possibility would you require assistance?
Well, don't really know how to go about doing that really, so assistance would be helpful, yes :smallwink:

Hey! Where is the Fuulifliff, or however it is spelt? That oozy thingy with the F's and U's?
Dunno where he went to. Added him to the by Type and CR sections originally... oh well, is there now.

zeruslord
2008-08-25, 02:08 PM
The Harmpit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52064) link is broken.

Xyk
2008-08-25, 02:20 PM
Jeez, that is a many. I will try to use some of these

Grax Hellfire
2008-08-25, 04:12 PM
I think you should make more mushroom type beasts. I like mushrooms (not meant to be drug related)

Edit: also, Death Dew should be in the Ooze list

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-25, 05:55 PM
The Harmpit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52064) link is broken.
Thanks, fixed.

I think you should make more mushroom type beasts. I like mushrooms (not meant to be drug related)
I'll think on one.

Edit: also, Death Dew should be in the Ooze list
Added!

BisectedBrioche
2008-08-26, 12:13 PM
The link for Arcadian Holly just takes me here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6691

Zeta Kai
2008-08-26, 12:21 PM
The correct link for the Arcadian Holly is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66916).

Or you could use the post number.

insecure
2008-08-26, 12:24 PM
The link for Arcadian Holly just takes me here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6691

Should go to this thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66916&highlight=arcadian+holly

EDIT: Ninja'd.

The Demented One
2008-08-26, 12:41 PM
Any chance there'll be an index of monsters from your contests at some point?

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-26, 03:01 PM
That's a good idea. I'll get on that.

SurlySeraph
2008-08-26, 03:05 PM
I'm bookmarking this. Can't lose track of creations this good.

Gah, and I just reread the Broken template. That thing gave me nightmares the first time I read it, you know. :smalleek:

Icewalker
2008-08-26, 03:29 PM
...fantastic. I definitely need to start reading through these so I can use some.

littlechicory
2008-08-28, 11:35 AM
Bumping, so that when I get my laptop back I can download all of these and start using them in campaigns with my new group because they, unlike my previous group, might actually let me DM~!

Earl of Purple
2008-08-28, 01:57 PM
Just one question. Could a gremlin become a familiar? I mean, if ever I play I think I would be a Chaotic Neutral sorceror, so could I get one via Improved Familiar etc? All in all, they are really kinda cool and gross. There is no way I'm that good.

Enlong
2008-08-28, 02:33 PM
Hey, what about reviving the Monster of the masses project? It was so much fun and we were getting so close to finishing it.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-08-29, 08:15 PM
Just one question. Could a gremlin become a familiar? I mean, if ever I play I think I would be a Chaotic Neutral sorceror, so could I get one via Improved Familiar etc?
Only around level 10+. At 7th level you only get a CR 3 creature.

Hey, what about reviving the Monster of the masses project? It was so much fun and we were getting so close to finishing it.
I think we did finish it, but can always try to get another going if we can get participation.

dman11235
2008-08-29, 08:26 PM
Holy......*silently prepares to cast Protection from Awesome*.

*is still torn to sheds by the shear volume of monsters*

Well, this here's my newest addition to Dman's Handy Haversack. Now with 25% more handy!

Zeta Kai
2008-08-30, 03:34 PM
Holy......*silently prepares to cast Protection from Awesome*.

*is still torn to sheds by the shear volume of monsters*

Well, this here's my newest addition to Dman's Handy Haversack. Now with 25% more handy!

Protection from Awesome is assuredly a most under-powered spell. If ever faced with so much awesome, it's already too late. It needs to be an immediate action, like featherfall, & block a greater amount of awesome-type damage.

littlechicory
2008-09-02, 05:40 PM
Hm. Somehow I thought you also had PrCs, powers, and spells to share, VT. Or are you going to make a separate compendium for those, too?

*totally does not want to see if her warmage can get wall of "yo momma" via Advanced Learning, why do you ask?*

ETA: Also, bumping again because this much awesome is too great to be lost forever.

ETA x2: As a matter of fact, can I move for this thread to be stickied?

BisectedBrioche
2008-09-02, 05:58 PM
I just finished reading through this. There's some good stuff.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-09-02, 08:14 PM
Just for the record, it is not going to be lost forever, becuase it is going to be linked to Dman's handy haversack, which is one of the more widely used thingies.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-09-10, 08:46 PM
Hm. Somehow I thought you also had PrCs, powers, and spells to share, VT. Or are you going to make a separate compendium for those, too?
Eh, maybe when I have some time I'll go through all that, but probably not anytime soon.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-09-18, 08:12 AM
Just added it to the first page of the competition chat thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26636).

TelteWaywalker
2009-01-23, 12:14 AM
Hey, Vorpal, I love your monsters, and I think it is great that you have them indexed like this. Keep up the good work.

Blue_C.
2009-01-25, 03:26 PM
Really good of you to go to all this effort, VT

*totally does not want to see if her warmage can get wall of "yo momma" via Advanced Learning, why do you ask?*

The what now? I need to go spelunking among the thread archives for that, clearly.

The easiest way to create a pdf files would be to put all your creatures into a word document, then convert to a pdf file using an online tool. I think Business edition of Word will convert it into a pdf for you as well, so if your day job has a copy lying around, and you have a jump drive that can take your .doc file to that program...

Acrobat's website might have more information about doing that.

DarkCloud
2009-02-15, 01:34 PM
Cute PDF (free) converts .docs to PDFs.

Also, Word 2007 converts to PDFs.

Also, OpenOffice (free) converts and is a better word processor than Word 2007.

Sir Shadow
2009-06-10, 07:58 PM
I noticed that the Darkcrop and Dripping Delugia links are dead.

Kallisti
2009-06-14, 09:40 PM
...You homebrewed this many monsters?

No, that's actually quite believable. The unbelievable part is that you homebrewed this many monsters AND THEY'RE ALL AWESOME!

My players are about to get thrown for a loop (smiles evil little "DM with a monster book that none of his players have read" smile)...

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-28, 09:18 AM
Finally got around to updating...

Re: The Vorpal Tribble Monstravanganza
I noticed that the Darkcrop and Dripping Delugia links are dead.
Ugh... a handful have been wiped it seems.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-03-15, 05:08 PM
Finally got it all together!

The Vorpal Tribble's Creation Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8080635#post8080635)

Note that everything here has been move there, and the list updated. This thread will now officially be shut down. All updates and chat will be on the creation page. Ask questions, critique, advise, whatever you like!

- Closed -