PDA

View Full Version : How do i...

Stormthorn
2008-08-24, 09:56 PM
...post a poll. It tells you how int he FAQ but i seem to not be smart enough to follow that, as i have yet to see an option on the page for posting a thread that mentions polls.

I want the peoples opinion but i need a poll to get it.

Setra
2008-08-24, 09:58 PM
Last I checked (I haven't in a while thought) polls have been disabled.

I may be wrong.

Rawhide
2008-08-24, 10:00 PM
Polls are disabled.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-24, 10:00 PM
They are, and gone for good, or so one of the mods has said.
EDIT: Ninja'd

Stormthorn
2008-08-24, 10:02 PM
I see. I had figured as much but the FAQ still said they existed.

I suppose i will have to find some other forum to get peoples feedback on various villain names from. I need to see if Yawgmoth beats Vader.

Inhuman Bot
2008-08-24, 10:05 PM
No, he does not

Setra
2008-08-24, 10:09 PM
No, he does not
This needmoretext

Stormthorn
2008-08-24, 10:18 PM
Keep in mind that they were just two of my candidates. I had so far gathered Yawgmoth, Vader, Voldermort, Jon Irenicus, and a few others that i wasnt sure were good enough.

Personaly i dont go for villains with "V" names, although if i ignore the name, Vader is pretty cool. But my idea was about names, not personality (in which case Jon would come out on top for me.)

Setra
2008-08-24, 10:19 PM
Keep in mind that they were just two of my candidates. I had so far gathered Yawgmoth, Vader, Voldermort, Jon Irenicus, and a few others that i wasnt sure were good enough.

Personaly i dont go for villains with "V" names, although if i ignore the name, Vader is pretty cool. But my idea was about names, not personality (in which case Jon would come out on top for me.)
If you want a villain name how about Sauron? :smalltongue:

Honestly the name just seems like an awesome villain name. Seriously, just say it aloud.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-24, 10:26 PM
I still lol everytime I hear vader in that reference.
Since its dutch for father.

Rawhide
2008-08-24, 10:26 PM

Exactly why it was chosen.

Stormthorn
2008-08-24, 11:27 PM

Unfortunatly, this makes the name silly, in my opinion.

Perhaps thats Voldermorts problem. The "mort" at the end meaning death. Perhaps its not the V's at all.

Irenicus is excused because his name only translates into a language that isnt real and even then it means "Shattered one" which is way cooler than "father".

Dallas-Dakota
2008-08-24, 11:31 PM

Indeed.

Thatīs why we have replaced him with Darth Cobra.:smallamused:
(Just look at ship wars)

Setra
2008-08-24, 11:32 PM

Perhaps thats Voldermorts problem. The "mort" at the end meaning death. Perhaps its not the V's at all.

Irenicus is excused because his name only translates into a language that isnt real and even then it means "Shattered one" which is way cooler than "father".
I think it makes it neat, but that's just me.

To me the best villain names are the ones that make you think 'evil' when you hear them. The problem is we usually associate the name with the character famous for the name which makes it harder if the name alone sounds 'evil'. Translations and name meanings don't really mean much in that regard... unless you use that language often anyways.

Ps. That's an adorable little pet thing in your sig