PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Computer Problems Thread

TigerHunter
2008-08-24, 10:15 PM
I recently switched from Firefox to Safari after noticing how much faster Safari loads pages.

Everything works great, but one thing that bothers me is that in Firefox, I could mouse over a link and see the link's url in the bottom-left corner of my screen.

I can't seem to do this in Safari. Is there any option to enable this feature? An addon/plugin I could download?

Edit: And how do I turn off the whole "links change color after I've clicked on them" thing? That really annoys me.

valadil
2008-08-24, 10:30 PM
Make sure you have the status bar enabled. That's where url previews show up usually. If it's disabled they have nowhere to display.

The color that links are and the color that they become is set by the website, not by the browser. I think you can make custom stylesheets for your browser, but then you're may be stuck with link colors that don't look right with regards to the color scheme.

TigerHunter
2008-08-24, 10:33 PM
The color that links are and the color that they become is set by the website, not by the browser. I think you can make custom stylesheets for your browser, but then you're may be stuck with link colors that don't look right with regards to the color scheme.
Hm, interesting. Maybe the color difference was just less noticeable in Firefox.

Thanks, status bar is now on.