PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Logins?

Murky_Pool
2006-10-06, 07:30 PM
New error message for me occurred 7:25pm board time on October 6th

Sorry Murky_Pool, too many sessions active.. Please wait 30 seconds and refresh

Waiting 30 seconds and refreshing brings up the same message, I have to leave the boards and come back to be able to do something. If I try to do more than 1 thing I get the error message back

What does it mean "Too many sessions active"? I've only got 1 window open

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-10-06, 07:42 PM
What does it mean "Too many sessions active"? I've only got 1 window open
It's a personalized slightly more informative error than what we've getting previously.

All it means is that there are too many people trying to use the forums at once. The site is too popular for its own good. The too man sessions refer to the total number of people trying to access the server at once. It doesn't matter how many requests you're actually making at the time.

Ego Slayer
2006-10-06, 07:58 PM
I would even get these on a private ProBoards site for the D&D group I was with. This would happen when I was the only one logged on at the time! ::)

Renegade Paladin
2006-10-06, 08:18 PM
ProBoards software (which this board seems to share) has that problem from time to time, it seems. I'm not sure what causes it; I've just posted on enough ProBoards sites to take notice (and move my own board to phpBB).

TinSoldier
2006-10-06, 09:44 PM
It isn't a software issue; it's a bandwidth issue.

This message is just a friendlier version of

Untrapped Error:
Sorry, too many users at YaBB.pl line 72.
I believe.

Or something like that.

Blood
2006-10-06, 11:22 PM
I think it's just that there are so many new people joining the boards, that it's overflowing. :'(

Not that I dislike newcomers, but the traffic is obviously causing issues. I can hardly post at all during my usual prime times.

I hope you guys can work it out soon!

hyikim
2006-10-07, 03:46 PM
I get
"An Error Has Occured!

Sorry hyikim, server load is too high .. Please wait 30 seconds and refresh your browser"

HempRope
2006-10-07, 04:13 PM
Yes, we all get this, I think.

And now I'm leaving, see if the server gets better.